Resizing Datawindow Columns

I'm using PFC with PB 11
I have a datawindow control with its resize service working.

Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow ie
columns

I thought the resize service would do. But database columns
does not adjust to full screen

Lee

Thanks

Alex B.
0
Lee

Have you called of_register() to register the columns
(and other DataWindow objects) with the service to
"tell" it how to resize each and/or how much to resize them?

--
John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist

<Lee Sayed> wrote in message news:475b074a.2357.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I'm using PFC with PB 11
> I have a datawindow control with its resize service working.
>
> Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow ie
> columns
>
> I thought the resize service would do. But database columns
> does not adjust to full screen
>
> Lee
>

> Thanks
>

> Alex B.

0
John
12/10/2007 3:27:02 PM
I wrote following in the window open event
inv_resize.of_Register(dw_1, 0, 0, 100, 100)

Do I need to register each columns?
I am setting datawindow objects at runtime.Also there are
tab and tabpages which are set at runtime.

Thanks

> Have you called of_register() to register the columns
> (and other DataWindow objects) with the service to
> "tell" it how to resize each and/or how much to resize
> them?
>
> --
> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>

> <Lee Sayed> wrote in message
> > news:475b074a.2357.1681692777@sybase.com... I'm using
> > PFC with PB 11 I have a datawindow control with its
> resize service working. >
> > Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow ie
> > columns
> >
> > I thought the resize service would do. But database
> > columns does not adjust to full screen
> >
> > Lee
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> > Alex B.

0
Lee
12/10/2007 4:02:56 PM
Yes, you'll need to register the columns and any other dwobject
that you'll want to "participate" in the resizing.

The documentation for n_cst_dwsrv_resize will help get you started.

Examples for Syntax 1 Specify a DWObject variable and resize percentages

This example calls the of_Register function:

DWObject ldwo_obj

ldwo_obj = this.Object.emp_lname

this.inv_resize.of_Register &

(ldwo_obj, inv_resize.0, 0, 50, 50)

ldwo_obj = this.Object.emp_fname

this.inv_resize.of_Register &

(ldwo_obj, 100, 0, 50, 50)

this.of_SetTransObject(SQLCA)

this.of_Retrieve()

Examples for Syntax 2 Specify a DWObject variable and resize method

This example calls the of_Register function:

DWObject ldwo_obj

ldwo_obj = this.Object.comments

this.inv_resize.of_Register &

(ldwo_obj, inv_resize.SCALEBOTTOM)

<Lee Sayed> wrote in message news:475d6330.72be.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I wrote following in the window open event
> inv_resize.of_Register(dw_1, 0, 0, 100, 100)
>
> Do I need to register each columns?
> I am setting datawindow objects at runtime.Also there are
> tab and tabpages which are set at runtime.
>
> Thanks
>

>> Have you called of_register() to register the columns
>> (and other DataWindow objects) with the service to
>> "tell" it how to resize each and/or how much to resize
>> them?
>>
>> --
>> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>>

>> <Lee Sayed> wrote in message
>> > news:475b074a.2357.1681692777@sybase.com... I'm using
>> > PFC with PB 11 I have a datawindow control with its
>> resize service working. >
>> > Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow ie
>> > columns
>> >
>> > I thought the resize service would do. But database
>> > columns does not adjust to full screen
>> >
>> > Lee
>> >

>> > Thanks
>> >

>> > Alex B.

0
John
12/10/2007 4:17:55 PM
Thanks for the solution...

One another problem is:

I was trying to use of_resize functon of pfc_n_cst_resize.
I found it is protected function.
So I inherited main_n_cst_resize from pfc_n_cst_resize and
used function as main_n_cst_resize.of_resize()in the open
event of window.
Was not able to compile,since it is protected function.

How can I use that function in the window open event.

Thanks

> Yes, you'll need to register the columns and any other
> dwobject that you'll want to "participate" in the
> resizing.
>
> The documentation for n_cst_dwsrv_resize will help get you
> started.

> Examples for Syntax 1 Specify a DWObject variable and
> resize percentages
>

> This example calls the of_Register function:
>
> DWObject ldwo_obj
>

> ldwo_obj = this.Object.emp_lname
>
> this.inv_resize.of_Register &
>
> (ldwo_obj, inv_resize.0, 0, 50, 50)
>
> ldwo_obj = this.Object.emp_fname
>
> this.inv_resize.of_Register &
>
> (ldwo_obj, 100, 0, 50, 50)
>
> this.of_SetTransObject(SQLCA)
>
> this.of_Retrieve()
>
> Examples for Syntax 2 Specify a DWObject variable and
> resize method
>

> This example calls the of_Register function:
>
> DWObject ldwo_obj
>

> ldwo_obj = this.Object.comments
>
> this.inv_resize.of_Register &
>
> (ldwo_obj, inv_resize.SCALEBOTTOM)
>
> this.of_SetTransObject(SQLCA)
>
> this.of_Retrieve()
>

> --
> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>

> <Lee Sayed> wrote in message
> news:475d6330.72be.1681692777@sybase.com... >I wrote
> > following in the window open event
> inv_resize.of_Register(dw_1, 0, 0, 100, 100) >
> > Do I need to register each columns?
> > I am setting datawindow objects at runtime.Also there
> > are tab and tabpages which are set at runtime.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> >> Have you called of_register() to register the columns
> >> (and other DataWindow objects) with the service to
> >> "tell" it how to resize each and/or how much to resize
> >> them?
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist

> >> resize service working. >
> ie >> > columns

0
Lee
12/10/2007 4:31:49 PM
Are you talking about the sames service.???

n_cst_dwsrv_resize
vs.
n_cst_resize ( pfc_n_cst_resize )

Arnd

On 10 Dec 2007 08:31:49 -0800, Lee Sayed wrote:

>Thanks for the solution...
>
>One another problem is:
>
>I was trying to use of_resize functon of pfc_n_cst_resize.
>I found it is protected function.
>So I inherited main_n_cst_resize from pfc_n_cst_resize and
>used function as main_n_cst_resize.of_resize()in the open
>event of window.
>Was not able to compile,since it is protected function.
>
>How can I use that function in the window open event.
>
>Thanks
>

>> Yes, you'll need to register the columns and any other
>> dwobject that you'll want to "participate" in the
>> resizing.
>>
>> The documentation for n_cst_dwsrv_resize will help get you
>> started.

>> Examples for Syntax 1 Specify a DWObject variable and
>> resize percentages
>>

>> This example calls the of_Register function:
>>
>> DWObject ldwo_obj
>>

>> ldwo_obj = this.Object.emp_lname
>>
>> this.inv_resize.of_Register &
>>
>> (ldwo_obj, inv_resize.0, 0, 50, 50)
>>
>> ldwo_obj = this.Object.emp_fname
>>
>> this.inv_resize.of_Register &
>>
>> (ldwo_obj, 100, 0, 50, 50)
>>
>> this.of_SetTransObject(SQLCA)
>>
>> this.of_Retrieve()
>>
>> Examples for Syntax 2 Specify a DWObject variable and
>> resize method
>>

>> This example calls the of_Register function:
>>
>> DWObject ldwo_obj
>>

>> ldwo_obj = this.Object.comments
>>
>> this.inv_resize.of_Register &
>>
>> (ldwo_obj, inv_resize.SCALEBOTTOM)
>>
>> this.of_SetTransObject(SQLCA)
>>
>> this.of_Retrieve()
>>

>> --
>> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>>

>> <Lee Sayed> wrote in message
>> news:475d6330.72be.1681692777@sybase.com... >I wrote
>> > following in the window open event
>> inv_resize.of_Register(dw_1, 0, 0, 100, 100) >
>> > Do I need to register each columns?
>> > I am setting datawindow objects at runtime.Also there
>> > are tab and tabpages which are set at runtime.
>> >
>> > Thanks

>> ie >> > columns

0
Arnd
12/10/2007 5:05:52 PM
For n_cst_resize ( pfc_n_cst_resize )- window service

Thanks

> Are you talking about the sames service.???
>
> n_cst_dwsrv_resize
> vs.
> n_cst_resize ( pfc_n_cst_resize )
>

> Arnd
>

> On 10 Dec 2007 08:31:49 -0800, Lee Sayed wrote:
>
> >Thanks for the solution...
> >
> >One another problem is:
> >
> >I was trying to use of_resize functon of
> pfc_n_cst_resize. >I found it is protected function.
> >So I inherited main_n_cst_resize from pfc_n_cst_resize
> and >used function as main_n_cst_resize.of_resize()in the
> open >event of window.
> >Was not able to compile,since it is protected function.
> >
> >How can I use that function in the window open event.
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> >> Yes, you'll need to register the columns and any other
> >> dwobject that you'll want to "participate" in the
> >> resizing.
> >>
> >> The documentation for n_cst_dwsrv_resize will help get
> you >> started.
> >>
> >> ========================================
> >> Examples for Syntax 1 Specify a DWObject variable and
> >> resize percentages
> >>

> >> This example calls the of_Register function:
> >>
> >> DWObject ldwo_obj
> >>

> >> ldwo_obj = this.Object.emp_lname
> >>
> >> this.inv_resize.of_Register &
> >>
> >> (ldwo_obj, inv_resize.0, 0, 50, 50)
> >>
> >> ldwo_obj = this.Object.emp_fname
> >>
> >> this.inv_resize.of_Register &
> >>
> >> (ldwo_obj, 100, 0, 50, 50)
> >>
> >> this.of_SetTransObject(SQLCA)
> >>
> >> this.of_Retrieve()
> >> ========================================
> >>
> >> Examples for Syntax 2 Specify a DWObject variable and
> >> resize method
> >>

> >> This example calls the of_Register function:
> >>
> >> DWObject ldwo_obj
> >>

> >> ldwo_obj = this.Object.comments
> >>
> >> this.inv_resize.of_Register &
> >>
> >> (ldwo_obj, inv_resize.SCALEBOTTOM)
> >>
> >> this.of_SetTransObject(SQLCA)
> >>
> >> this.of_Retrieve()
> >> ========================================
> >>

> >> --
> >> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
> >>

> >> <Lee Sayed> wrote in message
> >> news:475d6330.72be.1681692777@sybase.com... >I wrote
> >> inv_resize.of_Register(dw_1, 0, 0, 100, 100) >

> columns >> >> (and other DataWindow objects) with the
> service to >> >> "tell" it how to resize each and/or how
> much to resize >> >> them?

> using >> >> > PFC with PB 11 I have a datawindow control
> with its >> >> resize service working. >
> datawindow >> ie >> > columns

> database >> >> > columns does not adjust to full screen

0
Lee
12/10/2007 7:08:33 PM
can you please elaborate on that.
I have a datawindow object with 5 columns.I am able to
extend the datawindow comntrol to the screen resolution.
But columns does not get.
Can you please show me how can I register all the 5 columns.
Do I need to register datawindow object too,if yes, how.
Which event should I register.What argument(ie new height
and width) should I pass in of_register, so that it gets fit
into the changed datwindow control.

I will appreciate for quick response

Thanks

> For n_cst_resize ( pfc_n_cst_resize )- window service
>
> Thanks
>
> > Are you talking about the sames service.???
> >
> > n_cst_dwsrv_resize
> > vs.
> > n_cst_resize ( pfc_n_cst_resize )
> >

> > Arnd
> >

> > On 10 Dec 2007 08:31:49 -0800, Lee Sayed wrote:
> >
> > >Thanks for the solution...
> > >
> > >One another problem is:
> > >
> > >I was trying to use of_resize functon of
> > pfc_n_cst_resize. >I found it is protected function.
> > >So I inherited main_n_cst_resize from pfc_n_cst_resize
> > and >used function as main_n_cst_resize.of_resize()in
> > the open >event of window.
> > >Was not able to compile,since it is protected function.
> > >
> > >How can I use that function in the window open event.
> > >
> > >Thanks

> > other >> dwobject that you'll want to "participate" in
> > the >> resizing.

> > get you >> started.

> > there >> > are tab and tabpages which are set at
> > runtime. >> >

> > columns >> >> (and other DataWindow objects) with the
> > service to >> >> "tell" it how to resize each and/or how
> > much to resize >> >> them?

> > using >> >> > PFC with PB 11 I have a datawindow control
> > with its >> >> resize service working. >
> > datawindow >> ie >> > columns

> > database >> >> > columns does not adjust to full screen

0
Lee
12/12/2007 4:42:53 PM
The documentation for the DataWindow resize service
should prove helpful.

Search under "n_cst_dwsrv_resize"

https://pfc.codexchange.sybase.com/files/documents/257/1705/PBPFC100.zip

--

<Lee Sayed> wrote in message news:47600f8d.31ca.1681692777@sybase.com...
> can you please elaborate on that.
> I have a datawindow object with 5 columns.I am able to
> extend the datawindow comntrol to the screen resolution.
> But columns does not get.
> Can you please show me how can I register all the 5 columns.
> Do I need to register datawindow object too,if yes, how.
> Which event should I register.What argument(ie new height
> and width) should I pass in of_register, so that it gets fit
> into the changed datwindow control.
>
> I will appreciate for quick response
>
> Thanks
>
>> For n_cst_resize ( pfc_n_cst_resize )- window service
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> > Are you talking about the sames service.???
>> >
>> > n_cst_dwsrv_resize
>> > vs.
>> > n_cst_resize ( pfc_n_cst_resize )
>> >

>> > Arnd

>> > pfc_n_cst_resize. >I found it is protected function.
>> > and >used function as main_n_cst_resize.of_resize()in
>> > the open >event of window.

>> > other >> dwobject that you'll want to "participate" in
>> > the >> resizing.

>> > get you >> started.

>> > there >> > are tab and tabpages which are set at
>> > runtime. >> >

>> > columns >> >> (and other DataWindow objects) with the
>> > service to >> >> "tell" it how to resize each and/or how
>> > much to resize >> >> them?

>> > using >> >> > PFC with PB 11 I have a datawindow control
>> > with its >> >> resize service working. >
>> > datawindow >> ie >> > columns

>> > database >> >> > columns does not adjust to full screen

0
John
Found the below mentioned code on website..
//application open event
//gnv_app.inv_env is a userobject holding application
instance
//variables

How can I declare inv_env?
Like we have
n_cst_debug	inv_debug
n_cst_error	inv_error

Likewise
  ?               inv_env
From which user object should I declare inv_env,so that I
can use with gnv_app.

Thanks

> The documentation for the DataWindow resize service
> should prove helpful.
>
> Search under "n_cst_dwsrv_resize"

https://pfc.codexchange.sybase.com/files/documents/257/1705/PBPFC100.zip

> --
> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>

> <Lee Sayed> wrote in message
> > news:47600f8d.31ca.1681692777@sybase.com... can you
> > please elaborate on that. I have a datawindow object
> > with 5 columns.I am able to extend the datawindow
> > comntrol to the screen resolution. But columns does not
> > get. Can you please show me how can I register all the 5
> > columns. Do I need to register datawindow object too,if
> > yes, how. Which event should I register.What argument(ie
> > new height and width) should I pass in of_register, so
> > that it gets fit into the changed datwindow control.
> >
> > I will appreciate for quick response
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >> For n_cst_resize ( pfc_n_cst_resize )- window service
> >>
> >> Thanks

> pfc_n_cst_resize >> > and >used function as
> main_n_cst_resize.of_resize()in >> > the open >event of
> window. >> > >Was not able to compile,since it is
> protected function. >> > >
> event. >> > >

> in >> > the >> resizing.

> and >> > >> resize percentages

> and >> > >> resize method

> wrote >> > >> > following in the window open event

> how >> > much to resize >> >> them?

> I'm >> > using >> >> > PFC with PB 11 I have a datawindow
> control >> > with its >> >> resize service working. >

> screen >> > >> >> >

0
Lee
12/14/2007 3:49:35 PM
> From which user object should I declare inv_env,so that I
> can use with gnv_app.

These are generally Custom Class (NVO)  instances.
In this scenario, inv_env is a reference to an NVO instance
declared as an instance variable of  gnv_app.

--

<Lee Sayed> wrote in message news:4762a60f.6bcb.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi,
> Found the below mentioned code on website..
> //application open event
> //gnv_app.inv_env is a userobject holding application
> instance
> //variables
>
> How can I declare inv_env?
> Like we have
> n_cst_debug inv_debug
> n_cst_error inv_error
>
> Likewise
>  ?               inv_env
> From which user object should I declare inv_env,so that I
> can use with gnv_app.
>
> Thanks
>

>> The documentation for the DataWindow resize service
>> should prove helpful.
>>
>> Search under "n_cst_dwsrv_resize"
>>

> https://pfc.codexchange.sybase.com/files/documents/257/1705/PBPFC100.zip
>>
>> --
>> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>>

>> <Lee Sayed> wrote in message
>> > news:47600f8d.31ca.1681692777@sybase.com... can you
>> > please elaborate on that. I have a datawindow object
>> > with 5 columns.I am able to extend the datawindow
>> > comntrol to the screen resolution. But columns does not
>> > get. Can you please show me how can I register all the 5
>> > columns. Do I need to register datawindow object too,if
>> > yes, how. Which event should I register.What argument(ie
>> > new height and width) should I pass in of_register, so
>> > that it gets fit into the changed datwindow control.
>> >
>> > I will appreciate for quick response
>> >
>> > Thanks

>> pfc_n_cst_resize >> > and >used function as
>> main_n_cst_resize.of_resize()in >> > the open >event of
>> window. >> > >Was not able to compile,since it is
>> protected function. >> > >
>> event. >> > >

>> in >> > the >> resizing.

>> and >> > >> resize percentages

>> and >> > >> resize method

>> wrote >> > >> > following in the window open event

>> how >> > much to resize >> >> them?

>> I'm >> > using >> >> > PFC with PB 11 I have a datawindow
>> control >> > with its >> >> resize service working. >

>> screen >> > >> >> >

0
John
12/14/2007 5:45:29 PM
Thanks John,
Can you please give the syntax for declaring it.

Following is the code where it is being used
//application open event
//gnv_app.inv_env is a userobject holding application
instance
//variables
//ienv_object holds environment variables
// the numbers 2401 and 3658 are the height and width that
you
//designed your system in
GetEnvironment ( ienv_object )
gnv_app.inv_env.height =
PixelsToUnits(ienv_object.ScreenHeight,
YPixelsToUnits!)
gnv_app.inv_env.width =
PixelsToUnits(ienv_object.ScreenWidth,
XPixelsToUnits!)
gnv_app.inv_env.heightratio = gnv_app.inv_env.height / 2401
gnv_app.inv_env.widthratio = gnv_app.inv_env.width / 3658

Thanks

> > From which user object should I declare inv_env,so that
> > I can use with gnv_app.
>
> These are generally Custom Class (NVO)  instances.
> In this scenario, inv_env is a reference to an NVO
> instance declared as an instance variable of  gnv_app.
>
> --
> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>

> <Lee Sayed> wrote in message
> > news:4762a60f.6bcb.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi,
> > Found the below mentioned code on website..
> > //application open event
> > //gnv_app.inv_env is a userobject holding application
> > instance
> > //variables
> >
> > How can I declare inv_env?
> > Like we have
> > n_cst_debug inv_debug
> > n_cst_error inv_error
> >
> > Likewise
> >  ?               inv_env
> > From which user object should I declare inv_env,so that
> > I can use with gnv_app.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> >> The documentation for the DataWindow resize service
> >> should prove helpful.
> >>
> >> Search under "n_cst_dwsrv_resize"

https://pfc.codexchange.sybase.com/files/documents/257/1705/PBPFC100.zip

> >> --
> >> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist

> not >> > get. Can you please show me how can I register
> all the 5 >> > columns. Do I need to register datawindow
> object too,if >> > yes, how. Which event should I
> register.What argument(ie >> > new height and width)
> should I pass in of_register, so >> > that it gets fit
> into the changed datwindow control. >> >

> service >> >>

> function. >> >> > >So I inherited main_n_cst_resize from
> >> pfc_n_cst_resize >> > and >used function as
> >> main_n_cst_resize.of_resize()in >> > the open >event of
> >> window. >> > >Was not able to compile,since it is
> >> protected function. >> > >
> >> event. >> > >

> any >> >> > other >> dwobject that you'll want to
> "participate" >> in >> > the >> resizing.

> help >> >> > get you >> started.

> variable >> and >> > >> resize percentages

> variable >> and >> > >> resize method

> >> wrote >> > >> > following in the window open event
> runtime.Also >> >> > there >> > are tab and tabpages which
> are set at >> >> > runtime. >> >

> the >> >> > columns >> >> (and other DataWindow objects)
> with the >> >> > service to >> >> "tell" it how to resize
> each and/or >> how >> > much to resize >> >> them?

> news:475b074a.2357.1681692777@sybase.com... >> I'm >> >
> using >> >> > PFC with PB 11 I have a datawindow >>
> control >> > with its >> >> resize service working. > >>
> >> screen >> > >> >> >

0
Lee
12/14/2007 5:56:12 PM
Is there any Powerbuilder function or any other way to set
the DPI setting according to screen Resolution.

For eg, we can get screen resolution by using GetEnvironment
and then setting DPI(dots per inches) for an application.

96 is normal size. IF for 1028x768,I want 120 DPI

Thanks

> [...]
> > of >> window. >> > >Was not able to compile,since it is

> > any >> >> > other >> dwobject that you'll want to
> > "participate" >> in >> > the >> resizing.

> > help >> >> > get you >> started.

> > variable >> and >> > >> resize percentages

> > variable >> and >> > >> resize method

> > >I >> wrote >> > >> > following in the window open event
> > runtime.Also >> >> > there >> > are tab and tabpages
> > which are set at >> >> > runtime. >> >

> > the >> >> > columns >> >> (and other DataWindow objects)
> > with the >> >> > service to >> >> "tell" it how to
> > resize each and/or >> how >> > much to resize >> >>
> > them? >> >> > >> >>

> > news:475b074a.2357.1681692777@sybase.com... >> I'm >> >
> > using >> >> > PFC with PB 11 I have a datawindow >>
> > control >> > with its >> >> resize service working. > >>
> > But >> >> > database >> >> > columns does not adjust to

0
Lee

How to make DataWindow column resizable like Excel column
Does anyone know how to make DataWindow column behave like Microsoft Excel column. When user expanses or reduces a column, other columns should slid accordingly. What you're describing is native to the grid style. Is that not what you're using, and if not, should you be? <g> Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 10 Sep 2003 07:33:26 -0700, James S wrote: >Does anyone know how to make DataWindow column behave like >Microsoft Excel column. When user expanses or reduces a >column, other columns should slid accordingly. Sequel&...

Resizing datawindow columns
I am using a grid datawindow object inside a datawindow control within a window. I'd like to do some actions after I resize a column (for example, I have another dw control with another grid dw inside, having the same columns with the first one, and this needs to be align with the original one every time). The clicked could be a way to do it, but this slows a lot the whole thing. Does anyone have a better idea? Thanks, Alina. In pbm_lbuttondown, store PointerX() in an instance variable In pbm_dwnlbuttonup, compare the x position with the instance variable (to see if somethi...

Resizing columns on a datawindow
Is there a way to resize the columns on a datawindow as the datawindow control resizes? This sounds simple, but I have yet to find a way to do this. Am I missing something? -- Greg Holliday DODGE/Rockwell Automation ggholliday@dodge.ra.rockwell.com Look in help under setformat syntax dwcontrol.SetFormat ( column, format ) this is the example string format1 format1 = "$font=* charset='iso8859-1' code=35 TeX='\num ' descr='[num]',font=* charset='iso8859-1' code=35 TeX='\num ' descr='[num]'font=* charset='iso88...

Resizeable columns in DataWindows
Hi, has anybody an idea to the following: - what do I have to do to make columns in a DataWindow, which is directly connected to a table of a ORACLE database, resizeable, e.g. pull them with the mouse like I can do on the Explorer Window? I would appreciate any idea, to think about Thanks in advance Regards Norbert Create a datawindow of type Grid. Simon -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "Norbert Braeuchler" <norbert.braeuchler@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message news:4HUR$lht...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

pfc datawindow resize service
I'm using PFC (downloaded from codexchange for PB 10.5) with PB 10.5.2. I have a datawindow control with its resize service working. Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow. All works fine (the controls are resized) but the datawindow detail height isn't adjusted to fit the new controls size. Is this ok? My actually workaround is designing the datawindow with a detail band with a very large height, but I thought the resize service would do this. Thanks Alex B. You might want to post this question in the PFC newsgroup....

Grid Datawindow and resize columns
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA In PB 8.0, I can resize columns in a grid window with Mouse Selection checked or unchecked. Resizing columns doesn't require being able to select them. The icon for selection and resize is different. Selection is the normal arrow and resize is the vertical bar with 2 horizontal arrows, 1 to pointing to each side. jo in okc "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> wrote ...

SplitBar and Resize column in Datawindow.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4bc806d8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good day! How to make splitbar in Web target if it is possible? How to make resize columns in Datawindow if it is possible? Sincerely yours, Alexey Sorokin. ---=_forums-1-dub4bc806d8 Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="splitbar.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="splitbar.jpg" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEAYABgAAD/4QBmRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAEABoBBQAB AAAAPgAAABsBB...

Resizing columns in a datawindow plugin
Can a datawindow plugin have resizeable columns? I know that in a grid type datawindow, the rows can be resized by the user. Is the same true for a datawindow plugin (if hte datawindow is of grid type)? Yannick Lockhead ...

not resizable column for grid datawindow!!!!
On a per-column basis, or for the whole datawindow in general? Because you can already turn it off for the whole thing... -- "Don't just fix; teach." Some informative links: news:news.announce.newusers http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/ http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html On a per-column basis. Because there are picture or button object in some columns. And if you resize this colums, pictures show larger then original. "Jason...

Resize the columns on a freeform datawindow.
I would like to move/resize columns and static text controls that are on a freeform datawindow. When the resize event of a window is triggerd I want the colums etc. to be moved in the right position. Is this possible? Laurens Vredevoogd Amsterdam Netherlands >I would like to move/resize columns and static text controls that are on a >freeform datawindow. When the resize event of a window is triggerd I want >the colums etc. to be moved in the right position. Is this possible? > I don't see why it's not possible. I wrote a similiar PFC service for grid s...

pfc datawindow resize service
I'm using PFC (downloaded from codexchange for PB 10.5) with PB 10.5.2. I have a datawindow control with its resize service working. Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow. All works fine (the controls are resized) but the datawindow detail height isn't adjusted to fit the new controls size. Is this ok? My actually workaround is designing the datawindow with a detail band with a very large height, but I thought the resize service would do this. Thanks Alex B. Regards, This DW service class, it could be your solut...

Datawindow grid style column resize
It's possible that my cuestion sounds stupid, but is there a way in the datawindow designer to define the column width in a grid datawindow (numerically)? I can do it with the mouse and with edit source, but I don't found a property to set the column width. Thanks, Alex B. No - that's a "feature" of the grid datawindow. In the Preview pane, you can grab and resize column widths (but you have to have gridlines ON) -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] Cynergy Systems www.cynergysystems.com "Alex Bibiano" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in m...

PB10 Grid Datawindow Resize Column
I have migrated an application from PB7.0.3 to PB10 and I am having problems resizing columns at run-time on a grid datawindow which has the grid setting turned on and Column Moving and Mouse Selection both checked. The datawindow is part of a "Preview" feature of the application which allows users to modify the look of a view by changing column width, sort order, etc. Any ideas? Thank you, Create a grid dw in PB10. Do you have the same problems? I was able to create one and didn't. This may be a migration issue. If so I would recreate the datawindow. Dawn &g...

Web resources about - Resizing Datawindow Columns - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo