Regarding migration From Power Builder 6.0 to Power Builder 9.0

Hi,
    We have a PFC based distributed application using Transport
Obejct .We are using MSSQL SERVER 2005 database.
We have a task of migrating this application from Power Builder 6.0 to
Power Builder 9.0 .Please suggest us steps for migration.

Thanks & regards,
P.P
0
pbprog

http://www.techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/powerbuilder_migration.html

I would also recommend (a) migrating your existing PFC layer with the
app and then (b) directly moving to the PFC layer supplied with PB9
after migratoin.  A number of changes were made including remving the
transport object.  You're going to have to recode if you were using
that.

Also, backup, backup, backup.  There are endless horror stories of
people who attempted to migrate, for some reason were unable to
complete it, and then left with code that was in neither version (but
something inbetween) that had to be edited by hand before either
versions IDE would open it.

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 04:49:50 -0700 (PDT), pbprog.pblast@gmail.com
wrote:

>Hi,
>    We have a PFC based distributed application using Transport
>Obejct .We are using MSSQL SERVER 2005 database.
>We have a task of migrating this application from Power Builder 6.0 to
>Power Builder 9.0 .Please suggest us steps for migration.
>

>Thanks & regards,
>P.P

0
Bruce

Windows XP SP2 Compliance for Power Builder 6.5 & Power Builder 7.0
I would like to check if Power Builder 6.5 & Power Builder 7.0 Developer Version can run on Windows XP with SP2 patches ? Please reply. In article <416a5311.5cd2.1681692777@sybase.com>, chaihoon.lim@mesa.panasonic.com.sg says... > I would like to check if Power Builder 6.5 & Power Builder > 7.0 Developer Version can run on Windows XP with SP2 patches > ? > > Please reply. > go ahead.. check Those versions are not supported on XP at all, much less SP2. On 11 Oct 2004 02:32:01 -0700, chaihoon.lim@mesa.panasonic.com.sg wrote: >I would ...

Power Builder 6.5 and PVCS 6.0 Version
Could some help me in finding out how to connect PB 6.5 and PVCS 6.0 ? Actually, I am facing a problem regarding the archive files creation and retrieval ? I would like to use PVCS for both PB library files and for storing documents. I am able to do simple check-in and check-out of the libray file objects from PB 6.5. Basically, I would like to know the exact details and the procedure for connecting PB 6.5 and PVCS 6.0 Build 10. I would like to use PVCS for both storing word documents and PB objects. Could some one help me out ? ...

Power Builder 6.0 Is Crashing!
Hi, I have installed Power Builder 6.0 and it went fine. Whenever i create a new application and run a window, Power Builder just crashes with a 'Application Terminated at address .... ' error message! What is the Problem ? rgds, Shirad You're not giving us a lot of information to work on.... that said, PowerBuilder 6.0 is likely the problem. You should be running at the very least PowerBuilder 6.5 (not the GA 444 build -- something later, like build 620 or so). On a final note, you do realize that PowerBuilder 6.0 has not been supported for over 3 years now,...

Power Builder 6.0 & Oracle 8.1.6 Connectivity
Dear Sir, I want to connect Power Builder 6.0 to Oracle 8.1.6 My Application is fully compatible with Oracle 7.3.4 Database migration from Oracle 7.3.4 to Oracle 8.1.6 is over. I just want to connect Power Builder 6.0 to Oracle 8.1.6 Will you please help me out in that. I want what is dbms parameter in pb.ini file. Will you please help me. Amol Manduskar ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp If you are not using any Oracle 8 features, just use the O73 driver. It will work fine with Oracle 816. -- Terry Dykstra...

Memory Leakage in Power Builder 5.0.0.4
Memory leakage in PowerBuilder version 5.0.0.4,when runing a server and clients which is compiled with PB5.0.0.4. We start the server in Solaris and measure the memory virtual size with: ps -p <server pid> -o vsz answer is <x> and then start clients to the server and measure again,the virtual memory for process is increaed and doesnot decreases when stoping the clients and increase more and more if repeat the procedure(start & stop of clients) /Best Regards Hussein Said Ericsson Radio System /M�lndal, Sweden Hi, Are you talking Distributed Powerbuilder h...

Power Builder 5.0 and MS Word 7.0
Hi! I am having PB 5.0 and Word 97. I am using SQL Server 6.5. What i am trying to do is, 1). I want to create a word document which contains some info like - Doc Number, Doc name, Doc Owner on its header/ or in a table/ similar thing and store it in the Database as a BLOB. 2). Secondly, When ever the user wants to open a new word document, i want to pop up a response window and ask the user to enter the Doc Number, Doc Name, Doc owner etc. and I want to pass this info to the Word doc, after saving the info in the database and allow the user to enter some inform...

Power Builder 6.0 and Paradox ODBC
Hi, I'm trying access a Paradox DB using INTERSOLV 3.11 32-BIT Paradox File. I installed DBE already. I can connect but when I try access a table, in the database painter, I receive the messenge: "Table "mytable" has no columns, possible invalid table format" Thanks in advance Andre Elias PowerBuilder Programmer ...

AppModeler
Does anyone know if you can generate a Power Builder 6.0 application in App Modeler. When trying to access extended attributes and to generate the application an error message sayingCan not load dynamic library "pborc050.dll." Please make sure that the path to this DLL is listed in your environment PATH. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Regards Grant ...

Microsoft .Net Support in Power Builder 9.0
Hi All , I want to Know , Can PowerBuilder 9.0 convert my legacy NVO(Non Viaual Objects) and Power Builder COM Components to Micrsoft.NET(i.e. to .NEt Assembly) That is I Want to Convert PowerBuilder Code to .NET. No, PB 9 does not provide that support. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 02:35:15 -0500, Deepak wrote: >Hi All , > >I want to Know , Can PowerBuilder 9.0 convert my legacy NVO(Non Viaual >Objects) and Power Builder COM Components to Micrsoft.NET(i.e. to .NEt >Assembly) > >That is I Want to Con...

Alternative For Tranport object in power builder 9.0
Hi, We are migrating our 3 -tier PFC based Application build in Power Builder 6.0 into Power Builder 9.0 . After migrating using migration assistant we found some errors which includes error for transport object which is obsoleted in PB 9.0 . So please tell me what is the alternative option for using Transport object ? Also How and where to use it? Thanks & Regards, P.P The transport object was used for Distributed PowerBuilder, a feature which no longer exists in the product since about PB6. Since you can't build a DPB app with PB9, I'm not su...

Power Builder upgrade from 5.0 to 6.5
Please let me know the constraints and stepd to be followed to upgrade my application from version 5.0 to 6.5 ...

SQL Server 7.0 Native Driver For Power Builder 5.0.04
Hi All, Is there any news that when PowerSoft is going to release native driver for SQL Server 7.0 for PowerBuilder 5.0.04. Currently I am using PowerBuilder 5.0.04 and MS SQL Server 6.5. I can connect to SQL Server 7.0 thriugh 6.0 drivers but I can't use the new functionalities of SQL Server 7.0. Does anybody know that when the Driver will be out in the market ? Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA. Debasish Hi Debasish, Micro$oft would be the ones to release a native driver for SQL7, they are getting away from DBlin and pushing ODBC/OLEDB for SQL7. What this ...

Power Builder 9.0 Crashes when trying to open Library
Has anyone experienced this? This is the "Pocket" Builder forum! <crconti> wrote in message news:45ecad87.33d0.1681692777@sybase.com... > Has anyone experienced this? As Chris says, this is probably the wrong newsgroup. But - if you're still having the problem, try deleting the layouts from the registry. the key is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout. Please be careful when directly editing the registry. -- Regards, Millard [TeamSybase] <crconti> wrote in message news:45ecad87.33d0.1681692777@sybase.com... > Has ...

Power Builder 9.0 crashes when trying to open the Library
Has anyone experienced Power Builder 9.0 crashes when attempting to open the Library? try optimize or migrate In article <45ecae52.33e1.1681692777@sybase.com>, crconti says... > Has anyone experienced Power Builder 9.0 > crashes when attempting to open the Library? > if it does not work, try resetting the layout of the library painter ( in the registry) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\xx\Layout "bede" <bedenosp@msofico.be> wrote in message news:MPG.20575b7a34c0f3098987f@forums.sybase.com... > try optimize or migrate > &...

Web resources about - Regarding migration From Power Builder 6.0 to Power Builder 9.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Jimmy Fallon, ‘Star Wars’ Cast Recreate Classic Tunes From The Series
Jimmy Fallon and the cast of Star Wars: The Force Awakens won’t have to travel to a galaxy far, far away to have a little music fun with the ...

Miss World 2015 final live stream: Where to watch online
Miss World 2015 will take place on 19 December in China.

Shooting victims' families hug, talk with Obama, first lady
The girlfriend of one of the 14 people killed in the Dec. 2 shooting in San Bernardino said President Barack Obama immediately asked her for ...

Apple Pay to arrive in China in early 2016
Apple has announced plans to bring its mobile payment system, Apple Pay, to China in 2016. The service will take on Alipay and WeChat Payment, ...

‘Let Me Finish What I’m Saying’: Greta Confronts Cruz Over Past Immigration Position
After this week’s GOP debate, there was a renewed focus in the media over Ted Cruz ‘s past immigration positions. Back in 2013, he attempted ...

Apple's Tim Cook says tax avoidance criticism is 'political crap'
Apple and other tech companies have been criticised for using complex cross-border accounting measures to transfer profits to low tax jurisdictions ...

UN endorses peace road map for Syria
Politico UN endorses peace road map for Syria Politico The United Nations Security Council reached agreement Friday on a plan that aims to ...

Schools Shut Down Over Islam Worksheet Reaction
Christian Science Monitor Schools Shut Down Over Islam Worksheet Reaction 10TV Augusta County, Virginia - After a teacher at a Virginia school ...

Manhunt Underway For 'Affluenza' Teen
7 points and 0 comments so far on reddit

Republican poll: 30 per cent of candidates vote to bomb fake city
GENIE, we wish for your freedom from planet earth. Some of the people here are just too damn stupid.