PFC Security for Non-PFC Apps?

We have a suite of applications, some which are PFC-based while others are
not.  It would not be practical to make all our non-PFC applications
PFC-compliant.  Therefore, I'd like to take the PFC Security Service, rip
it apart, and rebuild it from the base PowerBuilder classes rather than the
PFC classes.  I plan to then use this new, non-PFC Security Service in my
non-PFC apps.

Has anyone tried this?  How did you go about doing it?  Was it feasible?
Better yet, does anyone have the source code for this already?
0
Dave_Yeselavage

The PFC Security service uses PFC events and hooks heavily. If you put
similar in your class lib you should be fine.

Regards,
John
Team Sybase

<Dave_Yeselavage> wrote in message
> We have a suite of applications, some which are PFC-based while others are
> not.  It would not be practical to make all our non-PFC applications
> PFC-compliant.  Therefore, I'd like to take the PFC Security Service, rip
> it apart, and rebuild it from the base PowerBuilder classes rather than
the
> PFC classes.  I plan to then use this new, non-PFC Security Service in my
> non-PFC apps.
>
> Has anyone tried this?  How did you go about doing it?  Was it feasible?
> Better yet, does anyone have the source code for this already?

0
John

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

migrating non-pfc app to pfc
We have an old legacy app that is still used here. It's been migrated to PB 10, but the framework is uses was developed in house years ago and is inadequate. I would love to move the app to PFC. I searched around and didn't find any articles or posts on this topic. The one article referenced was from a conference in 1998 and the link is invalid now on the sybase site. Anyone know of any valid links/articles/guidance on this topic? Thanks, Jim On 30 Dec 2005 07:35:36 -0800, Jim Ward wrote: >We have an old legacy app that is still used here. It's >been ...

Introduce pfc in non-pfc app
Hi, I would like to know if anyone had tried to convert or develop new functionality using pfc in a non-pfc app, what would be the minimal changes to be done in this process. TIA for your response Priya ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp look at http://www.pfcguide.com/downloads.asp (PFC objects for non-PFC applications) pbm_hopethishelps FX Liagre fxliagre@hotmail.com francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr Priya a �crit dans le message ... Hi, I would like to know if anyone had tried to convert or develop new fu...

Mixing pfc based app with earlier non pfc
What is the best approach for extending an existing application through the use of the PFC, while minimizing changes to the existing code? I'm on a development team tasked with developing major additions to an existing PB application. This application was developed without any use of the PFC (or any class library, or any use of inheritance - if you can believe it!. I realize the sane approach would be to nuke the existing code and start over, but our bean counter masters won't allow it) Our development effort has to be focused on the new functionality - a major rework of t...

Hybrid PFC non-PFC Application
We have a very large application we would like to migrate to the PFC over time. Unfortunately we will be required to keep a hybrid application in production during the conversion process because we are constantly adding new functionality. Does anyone have any experiences they can share? TIA Mark Graham mgraham@justicesystems.com I would *not* suggest attempting this. Instead, keep maintaining the old version (turing out point releases) while you develop a new major version (based on PFC). I don't think that a hybrid PFC application would work well. (I wouldn't expe...

Migrating non-PFC applications to PFC.
Hi, I'm going to be involved in migrating a non-PFC application to PFC based application. I've been working with PFC since it came out, but I've not been involved with conversion of a non-PFC application. Would anybody share his/her thoughts about the process involved in doing that and the pitfalls to watch for. I would appreciate any input. Thanks. JD I've only done it on small apps and it was a real headache. For starters you must throw away your existing mdi frame, login window, etc, and use the ones in PFC. All your frame logic, which isn't already...

How to include the pfc in a non pfc application
Still I am with the problem of powerbuilder pfc implimentation in my powerbuilder projects. Please anybody can advice me it would be very helpful to a beginner like me how I can impliment pfc in my non pfc project . I am expecting a help like to a beginner . I donot think any help is available in any other forum for powerbuilder other than this. So please kindly consider my request. With thanks Pol ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp On Sep 25, 1:02=A0am, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: > Still...

Hybrid PFC/non-PFC Applications
We have a large application that we would like to migrate to the PFC. The application is constantly being customized to meet the needs of different customers so we cannot freeze the application while the conversion takes place. Our plan is to build all new portions of the application using the PFC and convert the existing parts of the application over time as resources allow us to do so. Does anyone have experience with hybrid applications? We know we will need two different transaction objects, are there any other issues we will need to deal with? TIA Mark Graham mgraham@justi...

adding PFC to non PFC libraries
I have developed my applications without PFC, and now in trouble with the security and other functionality, is it possible for me to add the PFC to my current libraries and make use of other services like Application security service? can a non-pfc application becomes a pfc application half way thru? Syed. --- Sapura Advanced Systems Sdn. Bhd, 18th Floor, Menara Tun Razak, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: (03) 295-3472, (03) 294-3000 Fax: (03) 294-6587, (03) 293-3154 On Thu, 07 May 1998 15:15:59 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Syed <sas@mas...

PFC services in non pfc-template application
Hi, Can I use the PFC resize service in my old MDI applications without PFC template. How can I do it. I've imported this nvo objects in my applications but i don�t know how can i use it with my windows. Thanks There is no blanket answer for that. You (or someone) would have to look at each individual service in question and determine how it's linked into other objects. For example, I'd expect very little cross-dependencies for the String service, but I'd expect a lot of issues with the Logical Unit of Work service. Also, if you've implemented an anc...

NEW PB9 + APPEON APP
We are just about to start a new project using: PowerBuilder 9 Oracle 8i Appeon There is a good chance that the application will be required for intranet/web access and it is forseen that Appeon will be used to enable this. We are very keen to use a framework to speed development and ease mainteance etc - should we use PFC - will this cause problems when we use Appeon ? Any guidance or experience on similar projects very welcomed Gemma http://www.appeon.net/faq/product.html#7 Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 13 Nov 2003 03:57:21 -0800, G...

Converting existing non-PFC applications to PFC.
We have some applications which were developed in PB 4 and has been upgraded to PB5 and migrated to PB6. We have custom made ancestor objects for windows as well as user objects for dws. we have upto 4 layers of objects. We wish to convert our application to take advantage of PFC. Can any one out there guide whether this would reuqire re-writting the entire system ? We have lot of NVUOs which work as PFC services but with having different purpose. Our applications are very large and rewritting would amount to atleast 35 man months of work. One approach (and the only possi...

To PFC or not to PFC ... opinnions please ?
Hi ... .... im kind of newbie on PFC (just a couple of days reading about it) ... i have developed PB 4-5-7 apps before without problems ... but now im interested on PFC structure ... .... can anyone enlight me about when/where use PFc and when is really NOT convenient ? ... and, the performance of the entire application would be faster/better or slower/worst ? thanks ! -- Atentamente ... Pato Concha Jr. Casilla 3381 Concepci�n CHILE (SouthAmerica) I hadn't used it until PB 6.5.1 and appreciate how much coding it saves me. I haven't done any performa...

Web resources about - PFC Security for Non-PFC Apps? - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Krebs on Security
The House Financial Services Committee is slated to hold a hearing this Friday on the impact of cyber heists against small- to mid-sized businesses. ...

Security Middle East - Latest news from the Middle East.
Security Middle East is a news portal for the entire security industry, focussed specifically on latest security news from the Middle East. Security ...

Information Security News, IT Security News & Expert Insights: SecurityWeek.Com
IT Security News and Information Security News, Cyber Security, Network Security, Enterprise Security Threats, Cybercrime News and more. Information ...

Committee on National Security Systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security Committee (NSTISSC) was established under National Security Directive ...

Lake Chad: Triple suicide blasts kill 27, security sources say
BBC News Lake Chad: Triple suicide blasts kill 27, security sources say BBC News Three suicide attacks have hit an island on Lake Chad, killing ...

Barbie says hello to more security flaws
Hot on the heels of last Friday's news of the potential of the Wi-Fi enabled Hello Barbie doll to be hacked , new research has uncovered security ...

Chris Christie "national security expert"
Chris Christie "national security expert" by digby I wrote about Christie's so-called national security cred for Salon this morning: Governor ...

Thailand Boosts Security as Russia Warns of Islamic State Attack
Thailand is stepping up security at embassies and tourist destinations after receiving intelligence that 10 Syrians with links to Islamic State ...

Security Exper Says Expect Major Changes At Big Venues In Wake Of More Frequent Terror Attacks
In the wake of the San Bernardino and Paris terror attacks and other recent mass shootings, security experts said you can expect to see major ...

Boston police detonate suitcase ditched near Homeland Security vehicle
Flowery suitcase with wires and a power source inside was dropped by a man who quickly left the area