PFC Security Administration Report

When running the PFC Security Administration report I receive the following
error:

Database error code: 132
Select error: ct_fetch() user api layer: internal common library error: The
bind of result set item 6 resulted in truncation.

This sql when extracted from the datawindow and run in the database painter
runs fine.

Database: ASE 12.0.0.1 SWR 8951
PFC: 7.02 Build 8046 "C3"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris Packwood
0
chris

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

PFC Security Administration Report Fails
When running the PFC Security Administration report I receive the following error: Database error code: 132 Select error: ct_fetch() user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 6 resulted in truncation. This sql when extracted from the datawindow and run in the database painter runs fine. Database: ASE 12.0.0.1 SWR 8951 PFC: 7.02 Build 8046 "C3" Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Packwood ...

PFC Security for Non-PFC Apps?
We have a suite of applications, some which are PFC-based while others are not. It would not be practical to make all our non-PFC applications PFC-compliant. Therefore, I'd like to take the PFC Security Service, rip it apart, and rebuild it from the base PowerBuilder classes rather than the PFC classes. I plan to then use this new, non-PFC Security Service in my non-PFC apps. Has anyone tried this? How did you go about doing it? Was it feasible? Better yet, does anyone have the source code for this already? The PFC Security service uses PFC events and hooks heavily. I...

PFC Security Administration
Does anyone know of a third party product for the administration of PFC security ? Our SoftBolt service based security product comes with a Security Administrator, but it is used as a substitute or compliment of standard PFC security. Thus, it doesn't maintain the tables you want, but if you are open to another security approach look at www.sisugrp.com/softbolt.htm -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp.com "Peter Moran" <peter[NOSPAM]@equisoft.ie> wrote in message news:cE4GsGZ$AHA.164@forums.sybase.c...

PFC Security Administration Application
I am using Powerbuilder 5.04 and I am having problems getting the admin program running. I have set up the proper registry entries and changed the INI for the applications. The scanner program runs fine. I have no problems running the application through powerbuilder but when I build the application, run it and try confirming the add of a user, I am getting a "null object referenced" error for line 21 in the w_pfc_security_usermgmt window. In viewing the script for the window, I find that the l_ds cannot be retrieved. Any suggets would be greatly appreciated. Thank...

Security User Administration Using PFC
I am a PowerBuilder 7.0.2 developer working on a project that needs to implement user administration which includes the following :- 1) Create user account in the database through the application 2) Keeps tract of user account expiry period and prompt user to renew their password throught the application 3) Provide option for user to logoff and prompt a relogin screen. I know somehow PFC has the functionality to do all these mundane chores, but I am new to the security module and due to my ignorance, am not able to locate the methods. Any PFC experts out there in the community who ...

Need help on PFC Security Administration
This may seem stupid, but when I enable the security services in PFC, I get the message: "table or view not found: table 'security_apps' not found." I created the security tables on our database using the DBA account, so now whenever I login to the database with an account other than DBA, I get the message. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the error? I was going to resave the datawindows and put the DBA in the sql, but they are at the PFC level of the tools (not PFE), so they would be overwritten the next update of Powerbuilder (plus it...

PFC Security
Does anyone know of a third party product for the administration of PFC security ? ...

PB 8.0 * PFC Security administrator
I am trying to runthe Security Administrator of PFCs (version 8) but when trying to SAVE a new USER / GROUP, this application return the following error: "Null object reference at line 9 in pfc_updatespending event of object w_pfcsecurity_usermgmt". Does anybody know what is this error about?. Thanks ...

PFC Security
We are going to begin developing a new PB 6.5 application and would like to use the PFC security. We've developed a number of applications, but have never had a reason to use the PFC security piece. Any feedback on the "stability", "ease of use", and "functionality" , and "maintainability" of PFC security would be greatly appreciated. TIA, Peggy Klinger FirstEnergy Corp. Akron, OH I've used it for a number of applications. Some items to consider: 1. It doesn't replace database security. It controls user access to contr...

PFC Security
Does it work? I have gone through the set up and some of it works. For instance, I can make a command button invisible for a selected user. BUT I can't restrict access to a whole window! How do you do that? What should the entry in the security_template table look like? I can't find any good place to set security in a menu. And when I try in the open script of a window,: IF NOT gnv_app.inv_security.of_SetSecurity(this) THEN MessageBox("Security", "Unable to set security") END IF I get the bad news message. Is anyone using PFC ...

PFC Security
How do you disable/invisible the menu items in the frame menu using PFC Security? I disable/invisible it, when I run it nothing change and still the same. Pls help. Thank in advance. David Did you turn on the security service for the window? It will only operate on windows that you have actually turned it on for. On Wed, 5 Jul 2000 11:47:33 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general David <davidchai@comline.com.my> wrote: >How do you disable/invisible the menu items in the frame menu using PFC >Security? > >I disable/invisible it, when I run ...

PFC Security ?
Hi! How does PFC Security feature work ? Is there any good documentation/links around the topic. Thanks Shalinder Here's how I understand it. The security database holds a reference to every object on every window in your app. For each object, and for each security group (user?), it stores whether or not to enable, disable, hide, or leave the control alone. When your window opens, the app scans the security table and sets the state of the controls according to these settings. I don't know much about the actual implementation within your app (I *still* haven&...

Web resources about - PFC Security Administration Report - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

File:Food and Drug Administration logo.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Unless otherwise noted, the contents of the Food and Drug Administration website (www.fda.gov) —both text and graphics— are public domain . [1] ...

Clive Palmer's Queensland Nickel in voluntary administration
Clive Palmer's Queensland Nickel has gone into voluntary administration amid controversy over donations made to his political party before a ...

Clive Palmer's Queensland Nickel goes into voluntary administration
The struggling Townsville nickel refinery goes into voluntary administration amid controversy over donations made to the Palmer United Party ...

Obama administration hits pause on new coal leases
(credit: Bureau of Land Management ) Today, the US Department of the Interior announced that it will put a halt to new leases for coal extraction ...

Cruz on Iran Prisoner Deal: ‘Propaganda for Iran and the Obama Administration’
Ted Cruz (R-TX) spoke on Saturday about the Iran prisoner swap deal, calling it "a piece of propaganda for Iran and the Obama administration." ...

What role would Palin want in a Trump administration?
... Tuesday night, but back in September, she told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" she had one post in mind when it came to a Trump administration. ...

Sanders Promises Goldman Sachs Won't Have Treasury Sec. In His Administration
... it came to one issue during the Democratic debate on NBC this Sunday, and that's whether he's going to allow Wall Street to influence his administration ...

Obama Administration SCREWS POOR PEOPLE With New, More Complex Financial Aid Process
Obama Administration SCREWS POOR PEOPLE With New, More Complex Financial Aid Process

Obama administration cracking down on bosses who use temp workers to dodge labor laws
... overtime because their hours are tracked separately. Business groups and congressional Republicans are predictably pissed that the Obama administration ...

Administration: claims that Putin had hand in critic's poisoning 'very serious'
Administration: claims that Putin had hand in critic's poisoning 'very serious'