PB11 Migration - Warnings : Function or Event must be declared before it can be compiled

Hello All,

  Our Application has been migrated from PB8 to PB11. When it migrated
i could see few warning , every warning says Function or Event must be
declared before it can be compiled.

Please find the few below which are related to PFE

----------
pfeapsrv.pbl(w_splash).w_splash.constructor.1: Warning     C0209:
Function or event 'constructor' must be declared before it can be
compiled.
pfeapsrv.pbl(w_splash).w_splash.timer.1: Warning     C0209: Function
or event 'constructor' must be declared before it can be compiled.
pfeapsrv.pbl(w_splash).w_splash.close.1: Warning     C0209: Function
or event 'constructor' must be declared before it can be compiled.
pfeapsrv.pbl(w_splash).w_splash.open.1: Warning     C0209: Function or
event 'constructor' must be declared before it can be compiled.
pfeapsrv.pbl(w_splash).w_splash.pfc_postopen.1: Warning     C0209:
Function or event 'constructor' must be declared before it can be
compiled.
-----------

 So i went into PB8 environment and i looked for  'constructor'
event ..i could not found.
But when i export that object, i could find constructor.

Fyi. Our application was migrated from PB6 to PB8 long back , before i
came to this application.

Please let me know if any body faced the similar pro and find out the
solution.

Thanks,
Kumar.
0
Kumar

I have got exactly the same problem when migration my applications
from PB 6.5 & 7.1 to PB10.5.1.

In fact, it seems that PB had a bug in his previous versions. When
declaring the user event, PB "forgot" to declare event. To solve this
problem, just edit the code (edit source) and code manually the event
declaration.

What I also got was a duplicated event in the same object.

Regards,
Roland...
0
Roland

Function or event must be declared before it can be compiled
Why do i get the warning, and how can i resolve it _sukhi.pbl(u_cst_list_entry).u_cst_list_entry.pfce_lookup.1: Warning C0209: Function or event 'pfce_lookup' must be declared before it can be compiled. _sukhi.pbl(u_cst_list_entry).u_cst_list_entry.pfce_cancel.1: Warning C0209: Function or event 'pfce_lookup' must be declared before it can be compiled. _sukhi.pbl(u_cst_list_entry).u_cst_list_entry.pfce_new.1: Warning C0209: Function or event 'pfce_lookup' must be declared before it can be compiled. _sukhi.pbl(u_cst_list_entry).u_cst_list_entry.pfce_del...

must be declared before it can be compiled
We are getting several Warnings migrating from PB 10.2 to 10.5 telling us that Function or event 'pfc_printdlg' must be declared before it can be compiled. Is this something that we now need to do for PB 10.5, or should we have been doing this prior to going to PB 10.5? TIA, Tim It's coming from the pre-PB10 version of PFC. Those calls have been removed in the most recent versions. On 3 May 2006 14:47:27 -0700, "Tim Mehrens" <tmehrens@mt.gov> wrote: >We are getting several Warnings migrating from PB 10.2 to 10.5 telling us >that F...

VB Function Declaration declared in Powerbuilder
Could someone give me the PowerBuilder Function Declaration translation of the following function declared in VB? Thanks.... Declare Function VdrGetTopicItemEntry Lib "VDRAPI.DLL" _ (ByVal whatSessionToUse&, ByVal startingTopicItemID$, ByVal startingReportID$, _ ByVal startingVersionID$, ByVal howToFindTheEntry&, ByVal numberOfEntriesToSkip&, _ ByVal startingPageRBA&, ByVal returnedTopicItem$, ByVal returnedReportID$, _ ByVal returnedVersionID$, returnedPageRBA&, numberOfPages&, ByVal archiveSectionName$, _ originalPageNumber&...

Re PowerBuilder crashes on saving an event/function script that compiles ok
If you add/change an event/function, and Powerbuilder crashes promptly upon saving ( despite the syntax of the script was verified OK by compiling), one possible way to fix it is to remove initialization of local variable during the variable declaration. Definitely you will have trouble when the initialization makes reference to non constant. Formal argument is non constant although sometimes you can get away with something like this: date ld_date =today() I stumble on this grieve by forgetting the rule and include a formal declaration in the initialization. What v...

PB10.5.1 6662
I am getting this Warning. Does it really mean anything? I did see through searches that there was something like this back in 8.0 or 9.0 but it was fixed. Any ideas? DATACOLL.PBL(w_run_start_stop).dw1.getfocusobject.1: Warning C0209: Function or event 'getfocusobject' must be declared before it can be compiled. This seems to ring a bell. I believe this datawindow event has become obsolete. The reason you would get this warning is because you have code in the event but the event is no longer declared in the control (you can see this if you export the s...

PB 11 Migration Issue
Hi, I have just migrated my PB 10 application to PB 11. I am facing a problem that once the initial window is opened, immediately it goes to the destructor event and close the application. The frame is inherited from pfc_w_frame. From here the menu layout window is opened which is inherited from pfc_w_master. In the frame window, these 2 lines of code was giving error at runtime //this.of_SetSheetManager(TRUE) //this.of_SetStatusBar(TRUE) I commented out these lines. The next problem is after the pfc_postopen event of frame, a system error occurs and application termin...

Help !!! I can't overriding a function or event in my user object (PowerBuilder 7.0.3 (10061)) .
Why not? What errors does it give you? How are you attempting to do it? "Vassilij Mitienko" <mitienko@sf-datentechnik.de> wrote in message news:ga9V4qdFBHA.264@forums.sybase.com... > > > CR 236220, fixed in build 10073. On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:28:07 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Vassilij Mitienko <mitienko@sf-datentechnik.de> wrote: > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

I would or someone else use a API function where you must use a structure and know the size of it, how I can get the size of a structure in powerbuilder?
I would or someone else use a API function where you must use a structure and know the size of it, how I can get the size of a structure in powerbuilder? Count the bytes. You know the length of every object, because strings have to be initialized before seneding them to the API call. On 19 Jan 2006 08:11:55 -0800, kdioses@sybase.com wrote: >I would or someone else use a API function where you must >use a structure and know the size of it, how I can get the >size of a structure in powerbuilder? Nothing, though I've been asking for a SizeOf function in PB since ver...

Migrate PFC to PB11
Hello, I am migrating my PB6.5 application to PB11 using the PB11 built-in Migration Assistant. I got the following warning messages, please help. Some how related to unicode ----------------------------- pfcapsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_platformunicode).3: Information C0207: Append ALIAS FOR clause to external function 'sndplaysoundw' for backward compatibility. pfcapsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_platformunicode).7: Information C0207: Append ALIAS FOR clause to external function 'globalmemorystatus' for backward compatibility. pfcapsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_platformunicode).19: Informati...

Compiler says my function is not declared! Why?
I'm using the following inline code within a user control, but the compiler keeps saying "MyFunction is not declared". Can someone please help me understand why and tell me what to change? My user control contains (see reference to "MyFunction"): ----------------------------ascx contains this ----------------- <%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="NavClient.ascx.vb" Inherits="abc.NavClient" TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" %> <table> <tr...

How Can I Declare External Function ?
Hi All How Can I declare this external function FUNCTION boolean sndPlaySoundA (string SoundName, uint Flags) LIBRARY "WINMM.DLL" Pls help me Regards karun Hey, When you're in the script editor... Click on "Declare instance variables" tab (left under) and in the middle dropdown (under object title bar when not maximized) choose Local external functions. OR Choose Declare in the left dropdown (under object title bar when not maximized) and in the middle dropdown choose Local external functions. HTH, Davy PS: This is for Pb8. For Pb6...

how can I do Event and Function call mapping
Hey guys, So this is what I am trying to do.I have two button. Button 1 and Button 2Their command names are button1 and button2.Right now in my code this is what I am doingif(btn.commandname == "button1"call button1 methodelse if (btn.commandname == "button2")call button 2 method I do not want to put big if else condition like this. Can i achieve this by putting some kind of mapping inside web.config file. I read somewhere that this is possible but I do not know how. I can do this by reflection but I would rather do this in config.Any gurus out there who can hel...

Powerbuilder 10 migration errors (PFC)
I have a PowerBuilder 6.5 (PFC based)application that needs to support international characters. I have been trying to migrate to PowerBuilder 10 with no success. I have successfully migrated to power 8 and 9 with out much hassle. When I went to 9 I had to fix some duplicate variable names and get rid of the trasnport object. When I try to migrate from 6.5 to 10 I get thousands of lines of errors. I get the same errors if I try to go from PB 9 to 10 as well. Everywhere I have read shows that this should be a simple straight forward process, I mean if I can convert my...

How Can I Declare a new event for a window...
Thanks, -- Raphael Medina Programmer Sistec, Santiago Rep. Dom. Open any event in the window and then go to Declare>User Events. You can add appropriate arguements by clicking on the args.. button. Good Luck! Chris "Raphael Medina" <rmedina@sistec.com.do> wrote in message news:FuddsRb9$GA.196@forums.sybase.com... Thanks, -- Raphael Medina Programmer Sistec, Santiago Rep. Dom. You didn't say which version of PB you are using... always important! The above message works in PB6. If you are using PB7 select Event from the In...

Declare function in PFC service obj
Hi all, I tried to declare a recursive function in one of the service object (e.g. pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_linkage) /* Function name : test( ) */ ....... ...... IF .... Then inv_linkage.test( ) END IF I found the compiler prompt me that an unknown function name 'test'. Is there any declarations that I 've missed or such an action is not allowed ? Thanks On Fri, 5 Sep 1997 11:29:52 +0800, "Patrick Leung" <patrickl@pitl.com.hk> wrote: > Hi all, >I tried to declare a recursive function in one of the service object >(e.g. pfc_n_cst...

Web resources about - PB11 Migration - Warnings : Function or Event must be declared before it can be compiled - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow
EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow

Security is a major concern for cloud migrations
... Moreover, 40 percent worry about the loss of physical control over data in the cloud. In particular, 69 percent of companies fear migration ...

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

Migration to Windows 10 to be fastest yet, says Gartner
Windows 10 is poised to become the most widely installed version of Windows ever, following on the path of Windows XP and Windows 7 before it, ...

Huawei, Telefonica Partner on Enterprises Cloud Migration
The first countries where the enterprise cloud service will be deployed are Brazil, Mexico and Chile during the first quarter of 2016.

Africa-Europe: The politics of migration
While Western eyes have recently focused on the east and arrivals from Syria and Afghanistan, people from a dozen or so African countries continue ...

High skilled migration and global innovation
... using a multi-country endogenous growth model. The proposed framework introduces and quantifies a “frontier growth effect” of skilled migration: ...

MarTech Today: Google’s Rich Snippets, Dynamic Number Insertion & Site Migration
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing ...

6 ways to cut the cost and pain of a Windows 10 migration
... past two years, the cost and frustration was not only high, the resources required were crippling. But ready or not, chances are a new migration ...