Has anyone implemented a context sensitive PFC security administration system?

Has anyone had any experience developing a context sensitive method for
setting group/user
permissions at an administrator level using PFC security as a base? I like
the easy architecture
of the PFC application security service; however, the administration program
leaves something
to be desired. The ideal method of implementing this service would be to
allow context sensitive
object permissions to be specified; for example, an administrator using a
special key to popup
a secondary window which would list users/groups and allow permissions to be
specified for
a selected object or collection of objects on the current window.

Any ideas? The basic implementation seems pretty easy, with the exception of
an appropriate
mechanism for handling menus. Anyway, I would rather not re-invent the wheel
if someone else
already has some good code out there.

Thanks in advance!

jleary@pwrpros.com

0
jleary

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

PFC Security for Non-PFC Apps?
We have a suite of applications, some which are PFC-based while others are not. It would not be practical to make all our non-PFC applications PFC-compliant. Therefore, I'd like to take the PFC Security Service, rip it apart, and rebuild it from the base PowerBuilder classes rather than the PFC classes. I plan to then use this new, non-PFC Security Service in my non-PFC apps. Has anyone tried this? How did you go about doing it? Was it feasible? Better yet, does anyone have the source code for this already? The PFC Security service uses PFC events and hooks heavily. I...

PFC Security Administration
Does anyone know of a third party product for the administration of PFC security ? Our SoftBolt service based security product comes with a Security Administrator, but it is used as a substitute or compliment of standard PFC security. Thus, it doesn't maintain the tables you want, but if you are open to another security approach look at www.sisugrp.com/softbolt.htm -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp.com "Peter Moran" <peter[NOSPAM]@equisoft.ie> wrote in message news:cE4GsGZ$AHA.164@forums.sybase.c...

implement pfc security
Hi pals!! I know this issue has been talked before, but I still can't implement security.. PLs, can smb explain me step by step how to make for example a menu item visible or invisible for a user. thanks for your help mariano On 4 Mar 2005 06:54:49 -0800, "Mariano" <markab@ubbi.com> wrote: >Hi pals!! > >I know this issue has been talked before, but I still can't implement >security.. >PLs, can smb explain me step by step how to make for example a menu item >visible or invisible for a user. >thanks for your help >mariano &...

PFC Security Administration Report
When running the PFC Security Administration report I receive the following error: Database error code: 132 Select error: ct_fetch() user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 6 resulted in truncation. This sql when extracted from the datawindow and run in the database painter runs fine. Database: ASE 12.0.0.1 SWR 8951 PFC: 7.02 Build 8046 "C3" Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Packwood ...

PFC Security Administration Application
I am using Powerbuilder 5.04 and I am having problems getting the admin program running. I have set up the proper registry entries and changed the INI for the applications. The scanner program runs fine. I have no problems running the application through powerbuilder but when I build the application, run it and try confirming the add of a user, I am getting a "null object referenced" error for line 21 in the w_pfc_security_usermgmt window. In viewing the script for the window, I find that the l_ds cannot be retrieved. Any suggets would be greatly appreciated. Thank...

Anyone using Riverton HOW, PFC and Powerbuilder?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E7AC4687BA66ADD51C1E4407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hallo, If yes, please give a reply. Any experiences with the multitable update service? --------------E7AC4687BA66ADD51C1E4407 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Andreas Holz Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="vcard.vcf" begin: vcard fn: Andreas Holz n: Holz;An...

Security User Administration Using PFC
I am a PowerBuilder 7.0.2 developer working on a project that needs to implement user administration which includes the following :- 1) Create user account in the database through the application 2) Keeps tract of user account expiry period and prompt user to renew their password throught the application 3) Provide option for user to logoff and prompt a relogin screen. I know somehow PFC has the functionality to do all these mundane chores, but I am new to the security module and due to my ignorance, am not able to locate the methods. Any PFC experts out there in the community who ...

Need help on PFC Security Administration
This may seem stupid, but when I enable the security services in PFC, I get the message: "table or view not found: table 'security_apps' not found." I created the security tables on our database using the DBA account, so now whenever I login to the database with an account other than DBA, I get the message. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the error? I was going to resave the datawindows and put the DBA in the sql, but they are at the PFC level of the tools (not PFE), so they would be overwritten the next update of Powerbuilder (plus it...

PFC Security Administration Report Fails
When running the PFC Security Administration report I receive the following error: Database error code: 132 Select error: ct_fetch() user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 6 resulted in truncation. This sql when extracted from the datawindow and run in the database painter runs fine. Database: ASE 12.0.0.1 SWR 8951 PFC: 7.02 Build 8046 "C3" Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Packwood ...

PB 8.0 * PFC Security administrator
I am trying to runthe Security Administrator of PFCs (version 8) but when trying to SAVE a new USER / GROUP, this application return the following error: "Null object reference at line 9 in pfc_updatespending event of object w_pfcsecurity_usermgmt". Does anybody know what is this error about?. Thanks ...

PFC Security
Does anyone know of a third party product for the administration of PFC security ? ...

Anyone converted Greenbrier's PFC Plus to work with PB 6.0 PFC?
I have not been able to get an answer from G&R on this one. Has anyone done this or know if there are problems other than the calendar object they have implemented? Thanks. ...

Web resources about - Has anyone implemented a context sensitive PFC security administration system? - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

File:Food and Drug Administration logo.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Unless otherwise noted, the contents of the Food and Drug Administration website (www.fda.gov) —both text and graphics— are public domain . [1] ...

James Hird takes aim at 'power and greed' in sport administration
James Hird's icy relationship with the AFL shows no signs of thawing, with the former Essendon coach taking an oblique aim at the league for ...

Lurching from Administration to Administration and Event to Event: The Lack of an Overarching US Policy ...
... are seeking to achieve and how best to achieve them. This is not a new problem. The US has lurched from one set of outcomes to another as administrations ...

ISIS, ISIL AND DAESH: The Administration’s Words Matter
... of its troops to their areas,” according to Washington Post foreign affairs writer, Ishaan Tharoor. The significance of the terms the administration ...

O'Malley pushes Obama administration to halt immigration raid plans
The raids would target immigrants who fled Central American violence and crossed the southern U.S.

Cruz 'of course' could see Rubio in his administration
... Senate colleague Marco Rubio on Saturday, calling him a "talented leader" and saying he could "of course" see a role for Rubio in a Cruz administration. ...

Report: The Obama Administration Has Been Spying On Israel, Netanyahu
'White House officials believed the intercepted information could be valuable to counter' anti-Iran Deal sentiment

Sanders and O'Malley condemn Obama administration's reported deportation plans
This isn’t going to be pretty. According to reports, the Obama administration plans to deport hundreds of people who came to the U.S. fleeing ...

The Obama Administration Says Executives Actions On Guns Are Coming Here's Why They'll Fail
Politico is now reporting that the Obama administration is likely to unveil new executive actions on guns next week. Politico says, “The White ...

Obama administration enacts protections for lions
Obama administration enacts protections for lions