PowerBuilder and .NET communication

I need to write an encryption/decryption routine in the .NET application
(using C#). I will create a C# class with Encrypt and Decrypt methods in it.
My PowerBuilder application should be able to access the same
encryption/decryption methods. Could you tell me if there is a way for PB
app to execute a method from a .NET object? Can I do it through PBNI? If
it's possible, could you give me an example of how to do this? I don't have
any experience with PBNI.

Thanks in advance.

0
alex
8/14/2004 9:01:34 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.pbni 488 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's probably simpler to expose your .NET class as a COM component,
which you can access via OLE automation.

Don't mess w/ PBNI if you do not have C++ knowledge...

--
Roy

alex wrote:
> I need to write an encryption/decryption routine in the .NET application
> (using C#). I will create a C# class with Encrypt and Decrypt methods in it.
> My PowerBuilder application should be able to access the same
> encryption/decryption methods. Could you tell me if there is a way for PB
> app to execute a method from a .NET object? Can I do it through PBNI? If
> it's possible, could you give me an example of how to do this? I don't have
> any experience with PBNI.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Roy

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Powerbuilder or .Net
I have an old application that was written in Power++ (C++ tool with datawindows) It appears that the newer versions of Sybase SQL Anywhere may not be compatable with this old datawindow. The question is if i need to replace this application would it be better to use .NET or Powerbuilder. I know C++ and have never used Powerbuilder. My application uses several hundred datawindows so I was guessing that Powerbuilder may be an easier port. How difficult is it to learn Powerbuilder? Thanks TPS Option #1... Look at Datawindow.Net to port datawindows into a C# Framework. Datawin...

pbni in powerbuilder
hi. just looking around and asking myself if it's possible to write a pbni in powerbuilder instad of vc++? Well, the whole point of PBNI is to allow you to do things in PowerBuilder that you can't do through PowerScript. You don't have to use VC++, there are other C++ compilers out there, but you do have to do it through C++. -- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange: http://www.codexchange.sybase.com Preach the g...

PowerBuilder . NET
What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ? Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ?? Thanks Nestor wrote: > What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ? > > Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ?? > > Thanks > > MSIL. -- Roy It means I will be able to use assemblies written in any MSIL compliant language in PB and vice versa? Leon Habinsky. "Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in message news:41855a69$1@forums-2-dub... > Nestor wrote: > > ...

PowerBuilder.NET
What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ? Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ?? Thanks You should ask this over in the powerbuilder.future_directions section, not a PocketBuilder section. On 31 Oct 2004 04:05:31 -0700, "Nestor" <nesfree@hotmail.com> wrote: >What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ? > >Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ?? > >Thanks > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Two 3rd party books on develo...

PowerBuilder.Net
I have mentioned this idea a couple of times but have not heard from any Sybase employees. I think that instead of spending a bunch of time and money adding .Net deployment to PowerBuilder they should instead create a brand new product called PowerBuilder.Net. PowerBuilder.Net would be a native .Net language that combined the best features of PowerBuilder ( DataWindow, the way inheritance works, etc ) with the .Net framework. Being able to reuse existing PB code in the new product isn't as important as being able to reuse developer knowledge. Allot of companies are c...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Sample program using powerbuilder .net and asp.net
Hai, I am beginner in pb.net . So please can you provide me a sample program using powerbuilder web application with asp.net. with thanks and regards POLACHAN PAILY ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Part of the point of WebForms (and WinForms) is that you can deploy any application to these targets without recoding. So, for a sample app, take any sample that comes with PB. <g> No special coding required. Of course, you have to make sure your app isn't dependent on unsupported features. Good...

Some plan for a .NET Pocket Powerbuilder? And for a .NET Compact DataWindow?
Jim O'Neal of Team Sybase respond to my request on DW.Net newsgroup that there is no plan for DataWindow.Net for Compact .Net Framework. Datawindow.Net is still unmanaged code and .Net Compact Framwork does not support unmanaged code. PocketPowerBuilder is for Pocket PC. I woner why would I care for its .Net version! Datawindow (not DW.Net) of Pocket PB works on Pocket PC with Pocket PowerBuilder. Regards. ...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

Web resources about - PowerBuilder and .NET communication - sybase.powerbuilder.pbni

Communication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) is the activity of conveying information through the exchange of ideas, feelings, intentions, attitudes, expectations, perceptions or commands, ...

VoIP Business, VoIP Technology, VoIP Security - Fierce Enterprise Communications
Visit FierceVoIP for the latest updates in VoIP business, unified communications, VoIP technology, mobile VoIP, VoIP security and more VoIP news. ...

Mobile News Online - The UK's leading mobile communication industry news site
This month, thousands of students will be starting university for the first time. Some will need new phones. Mystery Caller is on the case to ...

Heather Smith appointed secretary of the Department of Communications and Arts
Current PM&amp;C Deputy Secretary has been appointed for five years, filling role left by Turnbull's new chief of staff.

Carson Camp Takes Risk With New Faith-Based Communications Director
... campaign named Larry Ross, a longtime PR exec focusing on faith-based clients including the 97-year-old Mr. Graham himself, as its new communications ...

Why Modern Communication is Broken: 3 numbers tell it all
... his days building a visual collaboration platform for high-performing teams. With this post I am diving further into troubles of modern communication, ...

QNX’s in-car communications may solve the turn-and-yell to backseat kids issue
Video shot/edited by Jennifer Hahn. (video link) LAS VEGAS—Several years ago, Blackberry bought QNX , a company known for its real-time automotive ...

T-Mobile US Inc CEO Takes On Verizon Communications Inc
In his annual predictions for the upcoming year, T-Mobile US Inc.'s (NASDAQ:TMUS) CEO John Legere has taken aim at Verizon Communications Inc. ...

"Email has evolved into a weird medium of communication where the best thing you can do is destroy it ...
"Yet even the tragically email-burdened still have a weird love for this particular rabid, face-attacking bat." Quoted in "The Triumph of Email/Why ...

"Point It" — Traveler's communication aid with photos of 1,300 items
It's been around for 20 years so it must have serious value. From Cool Tools: "It's just a bunch of tiny little color pictures so if you can't ...