pfc datawindow resize service

I'm using PFC (downloaded from codexchange for PB 10.5) with PB 10.5.2.

I have a datawindow control with its resize service working.

Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow.

All works fine (the controls are resized) but the datawindow detail height
isn't adjusted to fit the new controls size.

Is this ok? My actually workaround is designing the datawindow with a detail
band with a very large height, but I thought the resize service would do
this.

Thanks

Alex B.

0
Alex
10/31/2007 9:42:51 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.pbni 488 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You might want to post this question in the PFC newsgroup.  This is
the PBNI newsgroup.

On 31 Oct 2007 02:42:51 -0700, "Alex Bibiano Gonz�lez"
<abibiano@nikel.es> wrote:

>I'm using PFC (downloaded from codexchange for PB 10.5) with PB 10.5.2.
>

>I have a datawindow control with its resize service working.
>

>Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow.
>

>All works fine (the controls are resized) but the datawindow detail height
>isn't adjusted to fit the new controls size.
>

>Is this ok? My actually workaround is designing the datawindow with a detail
>band with a very large height, but I thought the resize service would do
>this.
>

>Thanks
>

>Alex B.

0
Bruce
10/31/2007 12:06:38 PM
oh yes, thanks.. just clicked wrong group.

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
escribi� en el mensaje news:devgi31k6nt6dhbjv01496dunkqt60umdo@4ax.com...

> You might want to post this question in the PFC newsgroup.  This is
> the PBNI newsgroup.
>
> On 31 Oct 2007 02:42:51 -0700, "Alex Bibiano Gonz�lez"
> <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote:
>
>>I'm using PFC (downloaded from codexchange for PB 10.5) with PB 10.5.2.
>>

>>I have a datawindow control with its resize service working.
>>

>>Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow.
>>

>>All works fine (the controls are resized) but the datawindow detail height
>>isn't adjusted to fit the new controls size.
>>

>>Is this ok? My actually workaround is designing the datawindow with a
>>detail
>>band with a very large height, but I thought the resize service would do
>>this.
>>

>>Thanks
>>

>>Alex B.

0
Alex

Resize Service and Vertical Scroll Bar not showing in my DW PFC Powerbuilder 7.03 (Win2000 environment)
When I turn on the resize service my vertical scroll bar dissapears and the DW seems to be pushed beyond the frame window. Is there a problem with my configuration. My resolution is 1024 X 768. Is this a bug?? Thanks In Advance DC, I put this code in my resize event of sheet windows to keep the datawindow within the window frame, no matter if you resize the window or not. The numbers are the sizes the datawidow is smaller than the actual window. For instance, in this example, the window may have been 3200 wide and my datawindow was 1950 wide, so I plug the value 250 in f...

PFC: Resize-Service
Hi folks, I'm searching for an easy and robust way to achieve that a window can't be resized smaller than set by inv_size.of_setMinSize. The solution should work with PowerBuilder 5, 6 and 7. Any good ideas ? Thanks Frank Check out the following tip: http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/PB/tips/pbtip24.htm Frank Mickler wrote: > Hi folks, > > I'm searching for an easy and robust way to achieve that a window can't be > resized smaller than set by inv_size.of_setMinSize. > The solution should work with PowerBuilder 5, 6 and 7. > ...

PFC Resize service
Hi - I want to do resizing on objects which are layed out as one is below the other.. so I have a Listview on top and bottom I have a dw.. What I want is to be able to scale the listview at bottom and the dw should move respective to the listview scale and also the DW should scale bottom.. Do you know what is the best way to achieve this.. I am trying to use the PFC service by providing manual percentage.. Trial and error.. Any help/samples code would be highly appreciated.. Thanks - Niranjan You might want to scale the lv object to the right..and the dw have scale botto...

Datawindow resize service
I am using a combinatino of the window resize and datawindow resize services. The window resize is working fine, but the datawindow resize is not. I simply want the columns to scale when the window resizes. When I choose "Scale" for the columns are registered, it seems to work until I minimize the window. When the window is brought back to its original size (or any size), the datawindow columns disappear. How can I get the simple functionality of the columns to resize with the window using the datawindow resize service (i.e. what option do I have to use)? Thanks, Van W...

about pfc menu and Resize service
pb 7.0.3 build 10009 Hi I asked a question the pfc menu and Window's Resize service can not work perfect together about half a month ago. But I didn't get the answer. I got a set of pfc libary(I don't know what version it's) days ago. I replaced them to my application and regenerate all windows. The problem resolved! I think it's worth to tell you. -- Regards from Wayne Guangzhou, China ...

PFC Resize service #2
Hi. I have a small problem with the PFC resize service. In one form I am dynamically changing the dataobject of 2 DWs depending on certain criteria. If I do this when the form is not in it's original size I still get the new DW in it's original size... fair enough I guess. I couldn't figure out an easy way to resolve this so I put in this dodgy looking piece of code (on a command button that does some other stuff):- Parent.SetRedraw(FALSE) IF Parent.WindowState = Maximized! THEN Parent.WindowState = Normal! lb_max = TRUE ELSE lb_max = FALSE END IF ll_w = Parent.Wi...

PFC Datawindow Cacheing Service
Here is my question. I have a window with a dynamic datawindow that can either be vendors or customers. If the user chooses vendor then the vendor window comes up. I also have a trade database that is a drop down datawindow in a field in the vendor screen. I want to cache the trades so that if a add a trade, I don't have to exit the vendor window to get the new trades into the drop down list. I have the trades cached in an id called 'trades'. I also have the code for creating the datawindow child and getting the cached data into a datastore. I also have the c...

PFC validation datawindow service?
Is there PFC validation datawindow service that checks for duplicate value or null value? I would like to have the PFC service to check for a specific column in a datawindow to prevent from user to add a new row that would contains a duplicate value and/or a null value. If not, then I would need to create my own NVO to handle this functionally. David On Mon, 04 Aug 1997 17:38:27 -0400, "David Officer" <dofficer@hcitech.com> wrote: >Is there PFC validation datawindow service that checks for duplicate value >or null value? I would like to have the PFC se...

PFC Resize service
I have been using the PFC resize service which is great... but does anyone know if there is a service that will resize the fields within a DW when the DW itself is resized? Like figure what percentage of the original window each field is and resize them accordingly? On Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:41:36 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc "Kevin Gregg" <kgregg@solaris1.mysolution.com> wrote: >I have been using the PFC resize service which is great... but does anyone >know if there is a service that will resize the fields within a DW when the >DW itself i...

PFC Resize service #3
Hi, We are running v8.03 using PFC and have a problem with the resize service and scrolling. When designing a window including a datawindow (Form Type) we set the footer bar just below the columns to prevent the user from beign able to scroll down using the mouse wheel. When a user then does a resize (maximize) the end columns in the datawindow get get off as they have moved under the footer bar in the datawindow when resizing rthem using SCALE. Does anyone have a fix or a workaround for this problem. Any help would be appreciated Ta Try the SCALERIGHT-style (ins...

Problem with datawindow resize service
I am having a problem with the datawindow resize service. In the constructor event of the tab, all the controls on all the tabpages are registered with the tab's resize service. On one of the tabpages, I have a datawindow that I'm trying to use the datawindow's resize service so that the columns in the datawindow will resize accordingly. The window that contains the tab opens maximized. The window resizes the tab using the window's resize service. All the controls on all the tabpages resize just great, including the datawindow that has the columns I need resized....

PFC Datawindow Linkage Service
I am using PFC with PB5 and a Paradox database through Microsoft Paradox ODBC driver and have a situation where I have 3 drop down lists: district, property and building. For each combination I then display and want to update the data for Materials and Lab Results in two datawindows that are derived from u_dw and are linked using the datawindow linkage service. My problem is that if I don't have any materials for a building, the materials datawindow shows no rows which is how it should be. However, the lab results datawindow keeps showing data from the previous building and doe...

PFC Window resize service
I turn on the resize service at pfc_preopen event for the window then coded the of_SetMinSize(1300, 600) I was able to shrink the window and it's contents to a very small area, but the resizing of the controls stopped around the argument value for of_SetMinSize. My question is when you call of_SetMinSize(1300, 600 ) Can you shrink the window and it's content beyond that value? OR The resizing service will stop resizing the window controls beyond these value, but you can shrink the window as much as you like? Thanks No it just stops the objects from resiz...

Web resources about - pfc datawindow resize service - sybase.powerbuilder.pbni

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo