Wrapping Java in PowerBuilder

Is there any way to wrap a Java class into a PowerBuilder Object?  I
would like to able to access Java from PowerBuilder.

--mascha
0
Mascha
5/28/1998 3:43:51 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

java powerbuilder to java functions
We are currently on PowerBuilder 8.0, backend Sybase, and are looking into web development using pure Java, no EAS. Are there any class libraries out there that have been written for java/powerbuilder, for instance the equivelent of Rowcount() or Find, or other datawindow functions, but now instead of using datawindows we will be using arrays. I hate to reinvent the wheel and it seems like somebody must have done this already. Larry Horowitz Larry, I'm lost. No EAS, no DataWindows. Where does PowerBuilder fit into the solution here? -- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSy...

Problem Calling PowerBuilder COM objects in MTS from Java
We've created a COM object using Powerbuilder 6.5. The object, called "simple" does nothing more than return the integer 123 when we call a method on it. We've registered the object using regsvr32. We've used JActiveX to create a Java wrapper for this object. Finally we created a little Java console app which calls the object. This all works fine. No comes the problem... When we register the object with MTS, we are no longer able to call it. We get a big JView program crash and Dr. Watson comes up. However, using Powerbuilder, we have no problem calli...

Problem Calling PowerBuilder COM objects in MTS from Java
We've created a COM object using Powerbuilder 6.5. The object, called "simple" does nothing more than return the integer 123 when we call a method on it. We've registered the object using regsvr32, and used JActiveX to create a Java wrapper for this object. Finally we created a little Java console app which calls the object. This all works fine. No comes the problem... When we register the object with MTS, we are no longer able to call it. We get a big JView program crash and Dr. Watson comes up. However, using Powerbuilder, we have no problem calling the ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder to Java
Will the component factory enable me to migrate my Powerbuilder Application to real Java Code ? Will this work for nonvisual and for visual objects ? I need to migrate my Powerbuilder Application to Java because it should work on IBM NCs without Winframe. Please help me. Thanks a lot !!!! Erwin Selg wrote: > Will the component factory enable me to migrate my Powerbuilder > Application to real Java Code ? > Will this work for nonvisual and for visual objects ? I need to migrate > my Powerbuilder Application to Java because > it should work on IBM NCs witho...

Mapping from Java classes (value objects) into PowerBuilder structures (via IDL)
Hi, Whe we started the project with EAS 3.5, only public final java classes having public variables and certainly no methods mapped well into a PowerBuilder structure. (I believe others just turned into a pb-blob) Now, in EAS 3.6, classes with methods do map well. My question: can we rely on this very interesting behavior or is this just a coincidence? Thanks for any help, Peter Annaert Peter Annaert wrote: > > Hi, > > Whe we started the project with EAS 3.5, only public final java classes > having > public variables and certainly no methods ...

Can we call Powerbuilder objects from "C" or "C++" or Java
Hi, We are moving our application to Web. We are using Java and Java beans. Our current application is running on Powerbuilder 6.5. We have very good reports generated in Powerbuilder. We want to call these reports from other middleware and also We want to call powerbuilder objects(business layers written in Userobjects) from C or Java. Please can you suggest me. Can you tell me how can call powerbuilder objects will be usefull in web development. Thanks If you put the NVO's into CORBA components in a Jaguar transaction server, any CORBA complient client can g...

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Use the C...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris hi, I'v tested it yet, i couldn't use it with the global/local external functions declarations method. It could be that some components need to be initialized first and global/local e...

Powerbuilder objects in Glassfish
I've seen mention in the past that it is now possible to deploy Powerbuilder objects to J2EE compliant application servers such as JBoss and Websphere. I just ran across another application server from Sun that has me particularly intrigued...it's name is Glassfish. Can anyone confirm that it is possible to deploy Powerbuilder objects to Glassfish? If you have any comments on why I would or would not want to do this, I welcome those also. Thanks! Shawn The PowerBuilder Application Server Plugin can be used to deploy NVOs to Web Logic, WebSphere, and JBoss. Glassfis...

Web resources about - Wrapping Java in PowerBuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles