Web.PB and Personal-Web-Server

I want to use the powerbuilder internt tools, especially the web.pb
tool.
My PB runs on a win 98 maschine without an internet server, so I start
the
personal-web-server from Powerdynamo and the CGI-Helper.
Now I have to copy the web.pb tools "pbcgi70.exe" ( and dlls ) to an
folder
where the web-server  expects to find CGI - programs.
But how does this work with the personal-web-server.
Which folder and where can I change the properties of the
personal-web-server (pws)
The pws runs great with PowerDynamo but if i try to test a html page
with the
commen Internet-Explorer (>=4.0), it retrievs an error (404)
The page only exists of
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<A HREF="pbcgi70.exe/w_kfz_main">Test</A>
</BODY>
</HTML>

I have a copy of pbcgi70.exe ( and dlls ) in my
root,windows,windows\system,sybase\powerbuilder7\internet tool\bin
folder

My application is still running in the background.

thanks in advance

0
Martin
6/10/2000 11:39:12 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dynamo Personal Web-server and Web.PB
Does anyone know if we can use the Personal Web-server which comes with PowerDynamo as a web-server for Web.PB? If yes, to which directory should I copy the Web.PB program files? TIA. Flavio Uemura You can't do it. It does not support CGI, ISAPI, NSAPI, etc. It hooks into the PD dll directly. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com CPD Professional Microsoft Certified Professional ...

Microsoft Personal Web Server for Web.PB
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E30EB5010316480D3D2170DB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit For running Web.PB a web server is required. Having a web server on windows'95 is now possible with Microsoft Personal Web Server. But installation and uninstallation are bit dirty. To download it try with some ftp tool like gozilla or cuteftp and download from some alternate site other than microsoft.com if you are not having dedicated connection to save time. I tried it and it is working fine. To uninstall PWS you ha...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

web web web

Web.PB and Apache web server
Somebody have sucessfully used an apache web server with the Web.PB under Win95. I'm currently trying to use this together but hadn't succes. I'm looking for some help to do this. Jonny ...

Config. Web Server (Web.pb)
Hi all, I try to configure the web server (IIS) : 1) create dir c:\wwwroot\cgi-shl 2) IP addres 10.10.10.101 to www.alasa.com (server identity) 3) Map c:\wwwroot\cgi-shl to CGI programs 4) Map c:\wwwroot to html docs and it does not work (error the url not found) Please some help me, thanks a lot. PD: Only works in localhost.. ...

PB Web Application and Web Server Setup
Is there anywhere I can get information on hardware/software logistics of putting a Web PB app on the internet? Being new to the distributed pb and web pb development, we are trying to get our feet wet, working with Cervenka's book. We will probably start with an intranet app, which may include remote clients using Novell's Netware Connect (over phone lines). Right now, most of our questions deal with the hardware/software setup of the server pieces and I understand there are many different possibilities. Eventually, we want to put an app out on the net. Traffic will be li...

Web.pb & Novell Web Server
Hi all! Our company is just starting to dabble into web applications. We've recently (yesterday) installed Novell Web Server 3.1. Now (as proof of concept) I'm trying to migrate the Internet Developer Toolkit tutorial from WebSite (on my local NT4.0) to the Novell. Dose anyone have a nice step-by-step "How to" for this. (i.e., Which ..CFG files need what changes? Which subdirectories does pbcgi050.exe need to go? etc.) Thanks... D. Fletcher ...

Configure Oracle Web server for web.pb
I am trying to configure a Oracle Web server running on a UNIX box for wb.pb. Does anybody have experience doing this. Will the pbcgi050.exe work on a UNIX box. Thanks, John On Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:33:34 -0400, John Shakour <jshakour@cablevision.com> wrote: >I am trying to configure a Oracle Web server running on a UNIX box for >wb.pb. Does anybody have experience doing this. Will the pbcgi050.exe >work on a UNIX box. I have not done this but my understanding has been you need to have PB for UNIX in order to get the PBCGI050.EXE piece to work on a UNIX server. My...

Requirements for web server when using web.pb???
We are looking at using web.pb for a project. I know that the distributed app will need to be on a NT or 95 machine but does it matter what kind of box the the web server is on. Can the pbcgi050.exe be on a web server that is on something other than windows 95 or NT? Thanks in Advance, Jason Hmm, that's a good question....my guess is that IIS, Website etc would only run on NT/95 platforms. What platforms were you thinking of? On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:13:00 -0500, "Jason McBride" <jmcbride@teubner.com> wrote: >We are looking at using web.pb for a project...

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

unable to start debugging on the web server. the web server did not respond in a timely manner. this may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server.
When i start debugging, it looks like it's going to work and the VS toolbars change to show the debugging toolbar options. However the cursor changes to the "busy" cursor and vista 'ghosts out' VS 2008 indicates that it's "not responding" in the title bar. The web browser never starts up and if you I it several minutes I get the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server did not respond in a timely manner. This may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server." HOWEVER, if you then im...

jaguar 3.6.1 or 4 include web plugin for netscape web servers ? (or any web servers)
Hiya, our system consists of multiple load balanced netscape web servers (jsp / java code) talking to a jaguar backend. I'd like the jsp's to be a "proper" j2ee web module, for integrated security etc. Does jag 3.6.1 ( or 4.0 ) include any web server plugins to allow this to occur ? thanks in advance. -- Hugh Madden Senior Consultant Adaptive Technology Pty Ltd hmadden@adaptivetech.com.au Phone: +61 2 9954 6822 Direct: +61 2 49545708 Fax: +61 2 9460 1500 Mobile: 0421 305 991 International: +61 421 305 991 www.adaptivetech.com.au NOTICE: The informa...

Web resources about - Web.PB and Personal-Web-Server - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Personal web server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A personal web server , or personal server in short, allows users to store, selectively share, or publish information on the web or on a home ...

Set Up a Raspberry Pi as a Personal Web Server
Want to set up your own web server for a landing page or portfolio, but don't feel like paying a monthly fee? Blogger Jeremy Morgan shows off ...

Tutorial: How to install a personal web server
... it's not as difficult or insecure as you might think. With the latest version of Ubuntu, for instance, you can install the Apache web server ...

Eggcyte Egg Personal Cloud Storage And Web Server (video)
Eggcyte has launched a new personal cloud storage solution called Egg this week, that brings the privacy back to your documents and is looking ...