TechWave-bound

All,

TeamSybase members are heading out to San Diego for TechWave. That means
that our presense in these forums will be close to nill during next week
(sun-struck, drunk people are usually not very helpful anyways<g>).

Soooo... if you're TechWave-bound as well, come by the SRC (Solutions
Resource Center, a.k.a. "TechSupport Lab") and say "howdy". As for the the
rest of you, here are some FAQs until we get back:

1. Please do not cross-post
2. Please do not post duplicates
3. Please post in the most appropriate forum (i.e., no PB issues in the
EAServer forums, please)
4. No fighting
5. No swearing
6. No VB or Delphi-related posts
7. DPB is dead, and it ain't coming back
8. There is no Linux version of PB, and none is coming
9. There is no XML-datawindow (yet)
10. Start asking your boss to send you to TechWave 2002 -- today!!!

C'ya next week.

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

0
Roy
8/10/2001 2:05:10 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Roy,
You forgot the most important one!!!

11.  NO!  You can't de-compile a PBD into the PBL source code!!!

Paul Horan [TeamSybase]
San Diego, CA    (OK, wishful thinking...)   Buffalo, NY

"Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in
message news:DsAZpoaIBHA.261@forums.sybase.com...
> All,
>
> TeamSybase members are heading out to San Diego for TechWave. That means
> that our presense in these forums will be close to nill during next week
> (sun-struck, drunk people are usually not very helpful anyways<g>).
>
> Soooo... if you're TechWave-bound as well, come by the SRC (Solutions
> Resource Center, a.k.a. "TechSupport Lab") and say "howdy". As for the the
> rest of you, here are some FAQs until we get back:
>
> 1. Please do not cross-post
> 2. Please do not post duplicates
> 3. Please post in the most appropriate forum (i.e., no PB issues in the
> EAServer forums, please)
> 4. No fighting
> 5. No swearing
> 6. No VB or Delphi-related posts
> 7. DPB is dead, and it ain't coming back
> 8. There is no Linux version of PB, and none is coming
> 9. There is no XML-datawindow (yet)
> 10. Start asking your boss to send you to TechWave 2002 -- today!!!
>
> C'ya next week.
>
> --
> <hopethishelps />
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com
> http://cgi.exp.com/noauth/advisor_profile.cgi?adv_id=512231

0
Paul

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris hi, I'v tested it yet, i couldn't use it with the global/local external functions declarations method. It could be that some components need to be initialized first and global/local e...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Use the C...

detailsview and objects (and objects inside objects inside objects)
hi there!as I was browsing through the posts related to the detailsview I couldn't find someone with the problem I'm facing so I decided to post here...well, I was able to bound an object datasource into my gridview and detailsview, it deletes and shows the data very well, BUT inside the object, there's another object, for example, I have bound a class called Province and inside the Province class there's the Country class indicating the data from the related country, to edit and/or insert I have placed a drop down list so the user selects the country from a drop down list, everything seems ...

TechWave-bound #2
During the week of 8/4-8/9, most of Sybase's support staff and TeamSybase members will be attending TechWave 2002 in sunny San Diego (weep for us poor fella's<g>). As a result, our presence in these forums will be diminished during that week (some of us will suffer hang-overs well into the following week as well<vbg>) So..... as I told my kids today, please behave yourselves, share toys, don't cross-post, don't flame, search Google from time to time and don't post ads :-) If you too are TechWave-bound, please stop by the TechSupport area/lab/loun...

PowerBuilder Ole Objects
I am getting the following message in a PB Error Dialog in an "In House" Application running on Win2K and WinXP. The program was written to generate an MS Word Document and then store said document in an ORACLE Table as a BLOB. What are some of the conditions I need to look for in troubleshooting this problem? /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// The following error was detected at line 16 of "w_action::wf_generate_letter" Error calling external object function open -PowerBuilder ErrNo : 35 You may choose to ign...

Mouseover on powerbuilder objects
The event id "pbm_nchittest" indicates when the mousepointer moves over a powerbuilder object. Is there an event id for when the mousepointer moves away from the object? I'm running PB 6.5E on WinNT 4.0. Jan Erik Jan Erik, There are a couple of ways to determine when a mouse leaves an object: 1. In the mousemove event (or an event mapped to pbm_mousemove or pbm_dwnmousemove for datawindows) call the Win32 API SetCapture(). Capturing the mouse causes the operating system to send WM_MOUSEMOVE messages to the capturing window even if the mouse is not withi...

Accessing bounded object
I bound a Repeater to an object of List<MyClass> and i'm repeated a button in list , i want to get a reference to bounded object(MyClass type) in button click. have any idea?Be the best It would be nice to retrieve that type of information straight out of the RepeaterItem.DataItem property, but after the Repeater's creation, this property is explicitly set to null. The only way I know of doing it would be to re-create your object using a primary key retrieved from the RepeaterItem or the Button itself (i.e. CommandArgument or CommandName properties).Thanks, EdMicrosof...

PowerBuilder Blob Object
Hi Guys, I have a challenge with PB Blobs. I defined a blob column in my employee table, which stores the photographs of each employee. Now, I have created a dataobject as a report (employee details)print details of each employee, which must include the employee photograph. There is no control on the datawidnow object that supports this. Please, how can I get this column out with the emp photograph printed for each employee when I want to select all employees in the table. Thank you. Felix Ejomah. ...

Powerbuilder COM object
Hi All, I am using powrbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have following code in VB to call function from that DLL. Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim pbo As New PBCOM.CoMsg Dim ret As Integer ->ret = pbo.of_status(6) 'This line got error message End Sub Error message : Run Time Error 429 ActiveX component cant create object. Here is PB DLL detail: PB COM Server File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.dll Interface Definition File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.idl PB COM Server Type: In Process Server Object :uo_msg COM ClassName:CoMsg Program ID:PB60CO...

Web resources about - TechWave-bound - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Price Drop: Permanent — The New Spreadsheet
... glamorous to look at and pleasurable to use." -VentureBeatAs Seen On: 148Apps, AppStorm, BeautifulPixels, iPadFirst, ifun.de, MacTalk, TechWave.jp, ...

Rakuten takes on PayPal in Japan with Square-like Smartpay mobile payment system
... the companies already active. Rakuten has confirmed that there’s no official press release launching the service but, according to a Techwave ...

The 2012 Inc. 5000 List - Onsite OHS through Tenon Tours - Inc.com
Inc. 5000 Companies include Ontraport, ShoeZoo.com, The FlexPro Group, Transcendent One, Patriot Contractors and Clarity Software Solutions. ...

Telangana government to set up Data Analytics Park, SME Tower
K T Rama Rao said the Telangana government is mulling setting up a 'Data Analytics Park' and a tower to house SMEs in the information technology ...

Biography of Principal Dave Taylor @ Intuitive Systems
I was born in London, England, though we moved to New York before I wasa year old (we journeyed on the Queen Mary, as it happens, and it was ...

Kinoma - Media
Toggle navigation Kinoma Create Develop Blog Media Toggle navigation Search Kinoma Create Start Here Studio Sample Code Documentation Support ...

Apple Introduces us to the Smart Bike
On August 5, 2010, the US Patent & Trademark Office published a patent application from Apple that reveals various concepts behind a newly advanced ...

Dr. Serkan Toto - Japan Web Consulting And Advisory
Major Japanese tech blog TechWave is today running a story on how Japan’s social games market has evolved from 2009 to 2010 and how it will grow ...

SF MusicTech Summit - News
The SF MusicTech Summit will bring together digital thought leaders from the San Francisco Bay Area, as well as from all around the country to ...