tab order in datawindow control in tab page

I have a window with a tab control and tab pages are opened dynamically.
Each tabpage has a datawindow control.  During runtime, the objects on the
window are included in the tab order but the columns in the datawindow
object on the tab page are not.  Does anyone know how to include the fields
in the datawindow control in the tab order so that when the user hits the
tab key, focus does not move to another object on the window and moves to
the next field in the datawindow object?
0
dstone
11/1/2002 2:37:54 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Seems like a silly question, but did you check the tab order in the
datawindow painter? What about the datawindow's "readyonly" property?

--
Jason 'Bug' Fenter
PowerBuilder Programmer Extraordinaire

<dstone@atcc.org> wrote in message
> I have a window with a tab control and tab pages are opened dynamically.
> Each tabpage has a datawindow control.  During runtime, the objects on the
> window are included in the tab order but the columns in the datawindow
> object on the tab page are not.  Does anyone know how to include the
fields
> in the datawindow control in the tab order so that when the user hits the
> tab key, focus does not move to another object on the window and moves to
> the next field in the datawindow object?

0
Bug
11/1/2002 2:37:40 PM
All of the datawindows are updatable and have the correct tab order.  Users
can click between columns and edit and save them.  Thanks for the response
though
0
dstone

Tab Controls/tab pages/controls within tab pages
I give up! I have a tab control user object - inherited from u_tab - and some tab pages. Initially only one page is enabled which has a datawindow. When a valid data is entered in the DW, I need to enable rest of the tabs - Now - it is giving me a NULL object reference error during execution for the following statement in an event of the DW - tabcontrol.tabpage.enabled=TRUE getparent( ) also giving errors - HELP! How can I do this? Thanks! Ragni rpanjala@nsf.gov Ragni -- If you have CreateOnDemand set for the tab, then the tab pages are not valid until the user accesses them. ...

setting tab order on objects on a tab page
When I click Format/Tab Order on a window that has a tab object, I can't seem to remember the way I can set a tab order for the individual objects in each tab page rather than just the tab object itself. Any ideas? I am running PB 9.0.1 7171 on Windows XP Pro If I remember correctly, "raw" controls on a tab page have a tab order based on the order they were placed on the tab page. There is no way to set the order. You are better off creating a user object and placing the controls on the uo and placing the uo on the tab page. steve [TeamSybase] > When ...

tab order on containing page and then tab through user control
I have a user control with several text boxes and check boxes on it, it is for data entry. I have set the tab order on the page that contains the user control, however when I tab to the user control it just skips right over it. How can I set the tab order so I can tab into the user control just like the rest of the container page?  Just apply tabindexes to your controls inside your user control i guessDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. tompy_nation:Just apply tabindexes to your controls inside your user control i guess...

tab order for tab pages?
situation: I have a tab control with two tab pages. Each tab page has a couple of dw's and a few cb's. At the moment, when the tab button is pressed, focus just jumps around seemingly at random (ie in the order that the controls were created). Now at the moment, when I press the tab order button, the only tabs that show up are one for the tab control, and one for a cb that is not on the tab control. How do I set the tab order for controls on a tab page? -Mike On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:33:50 -0400, "Mike Shantz" ...

Tab Order in the Tab Page
I am creating a windows tab and I put windows components in that. How do I set a tab order on the tab page?. I read in the guide how to do it, but It worked just for the edit mask. How can it work for the check box? Thanks for your help! Paulo Monteiro, Owner Acao Informatica Paulo Monteiro <paulo.monteiro@pobox.com> wrote: >I am creating a windows tab and I put windows components in that. How do >I set a tab order on the tab page?. I read in the guide how to do it, >but It worked just for the edit mask. How can it work for the check box? Right click (the right ...

Tab order on Tab pages
I have some controls on a tab page (the controls are directly on the tab page - not in a window on the tab page). The tab control in inherited from the u_tab. My question: 1 - Can I directly put the controls on a tab page? 2 - How do I set the tab order of the controls in a individual tab page? When I select tab order from design menu ,it is showing a tab value just for the tab control. Thanks Ragni Hello, Do a right click inside your tabpage and select Tab Order. That will enable you to assign the tab order to objects on the tabpage. Ragni Panjala wrote: > I have s...

Tab Order on tab page
How can you change the tab order for objects on a tab page?? When I turn on the tab numbers, it doesn't give me numbers on the objects located on the tabpages. Thanks Are your tab pages visual userobjects added to the tab using the InsertUserObject menu command? If so, you should make the changes directly on the userobject. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developers Network (SDN) - http:///www.sybase.com/sdn "Mike Nelson" <mike_nelson@fdles.state.fl.us> wrote in message news:BJdmrYAo$GA.202@forums.sybase.com... > How can you...

Tab Controls and Tab Order
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1A9A3.1155BEC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm using a Tab Control on a window and on this Tab Control I have some = SingleLineEdits and some other controls. Is there some way to set the = Tab Order of these controls within the Tab Control? I can't figure it = out. Thanks in advance. Shenn Sellers waste.ssellers@co.riverside.ca.us Riverside County Waste Management ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1A9A3.1155BEC0 Conten...

Tab order in the tab page
I am creating a windows tab and I put windows components in that. How do I set a tab order on the tab page?. I read in the guide how to do it, but It worked just for the edit mask. How can it work for the check box? Thanks for your help! Paulo Monteiro, Owner Acao Informatica Hi, Create a userobject instead and put this userobject as a tabpage on your tabobject. In the userobject you cn set the taborder without problems. HTH -- - Met vriendelijke groet, Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj ...

tab order on tab control
In PB 6.5 I have a tab control with three tab pages. On each page I have several objects -- buttons, datawindows and the like. How do I set the 'tab order' for the objects on any one page? When I choose Tab Order from the Design menu, the only object that seems to have a tab order (a number in red displays) is the entire tab control itself, rather than the objects on it. Yet clearly when the app is running you can tab around among the various objects. Thanks. right-click inside the tabpage and select Tab Order HTH, stephen "Rick Charnes" <rick.cha...

Tab control and Tab Order
I am using PB 7.03. I have a tab control with three tab pages. One of these tab pages has two datawindows and two radio buttons. I set the tab order of all of these objects in the open event of the window. When this tab page is selected, it retrieves both datawindows. The first datawindow has eight editable fields. When you tab through the last field, instead of the focus going to one of the radio buttons on the tab page like it should, a new row is being inserted into the datawindow and sets focus on the first field. If you then tab through all of the fields, it will then tab...

TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS.
Name: Danny Email: danheidiatrogersdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS. Comments: Hi Why is it that EVERYTIME I get a new upgrade whether on Firefox or Thunderbird, I get TABS? I now have an upgrade on Thunderbird and guess what, I have an 'Inbox' TAB that i don't know how to get rid of. Any ideas? Another issue is. Why doesn't Firefox display something telling me it is working/looking for the site I want. I click on a site and stare at Firefox and don't know if it is doing anything. The previous versions were mu...

Deleting pages of tab control inside tab control
It's about Power Builder 5.0. I have one tab control and inside this other tab control with few pages. How can i delete these pages and how to get a popup menu for these tabpages ( right click shows only menu of older tab control ). I know how to perform it from older tab control and tab page but i am unable to do it when i am positioned on child tab pages. Answer me here or at marina@servomihalj.co.yu ...

Tab Control: How to show new page in same tab when hyperlink clicked on the same tab
I have a hyperlink in my TabPanel's user control (.ascx).  When clicked it tries to go to an entirely new page outside the tab control (which of course causes an error because a browser cannot load just an .ascx alone) instead of just refreshing and showing the new page in the same tab.  So when I click the hyperlink I get this error:This type of page is not served.BODY { FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 0.7em; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } P { MARGIN-TOP: -5px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } B { MARGIN-TOP: -5p...

Web resources about - tab order in datawindow control in tab page - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo