Tab control withouth the tabs.

I have a tab control with about 7 tabs on it and it works great. I have
all of the behavior working exactly as it should. My problem - marketing
said they would like a wizard that would walk you through the
information in a specific order instead of letting the people do it in
any order they want. But they still want the tab control available to
them. The tab control does everything the wizard would do except it
allows them to pick the tab to go to.

Any way to turn of the tabs in the tab control and force them to use
buttons ( which I've programmed ) to move around?

0
Jeffrey
3/4/1998 2:35:57 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jeffrey Bradshaw wrote in message <34FD66CD.6B52606E@dictaphone.com>...
>I have a tab control with about 7 tabs on it and it works great. I have
>all of the behavior working exactly as it should. My problem - marketing
>said they would like a wizard that would walk you through the
>information in a specific order instead of letting the people do it in
>any order they want. But they still want the tab control available to
>them. The tab control does everything the wizard would do except it
>allows them to pick the tab to go to.
>
>Any way to turn of the tabs in the tab control and force them to use
>buttons ( which I've programmed ) to move around?

If you are working with a response window, you could change the tab position
to the right or bottom of the tab control (see properties) and size the
window smaller than the tab control.
--
Scott M. Peck
scmp@chevron.com

0
Scott
3/5/1998 1:27:02 PM
Can you use users objects instead.  Then as you step simple make visible
user object 1 then two then three..
Dean Jones, CPD Professional
PowerTeam, Inc.
www.powerobjects.com
dean@outtech.com

Jeffrey Bradshaw <jbra@dictaphone.com> wrote in article
<34FD66CD.6B52606E@dictaphone.com>...
> I have a tab control with about 7 tabs on it and it works great. I have
> all of the behavior working exactly as it should. My problem - marketing
> said they would like a wizard that would walk you through the
> information in a specific order instead of letting the people do it in
> any order they want. But they still want the tab control available to
> them. The tab control does everything the wizard would do except it
> allows them to pick the tab to go to.
>
> Any way to turn of the tabs in the tab control and force them to use
> buttons ( which I've programmed ) to move around?

0
Dean
3/5/1998 2:41:47 PM
Jeffrey Bradshaw <jbra@dictaphone.com> wrote:

>Any way to turn of the tabs in the tab control and force them to use
>buttons ( which I've programmed ) to move around?

This is one advantage of PowerBuilder's tab control implementation. Each tab
page is a separate object. You could simply make the pages visible/invisible as
required.

If that was not acceptable, try putting a 'Return 1' in the SelectionChanging
event. That will prevent the user from changing the tab page. It might prevent
the tab page from changing programmatically also, which just means you'll need
to set an instance when the user clicks the button and reset it in the
SelectionChanging, i.e.

if ib_okay_to_change then
	ib_okay_to_change = false
else
	return 1
end if
---
Craig Wagner                   | E-mail:  cwagner@metacorp.com
CPD Professional               | Web:     http://www.metacorp.com
Certified Powersoft Instructor | Phone:   (503) 452-6343
Portland, OR USA               |

Keeper of the PowerBuilder FAQ
http://www.teleport.com/~wagnerc/powerbuilder_faq.html
0
cwagner

TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS.
Name: Danny Email: danheidiatrogersdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS. Comments: Hi Why is it that EVERYTIME I get a new upgrade whether on Firefox or Thunderbird, I get TABS? I now have an upgrade on Thunderbird and guess what, I have an 'Inbox' TAB that i don't know how to get rid of. Any ideas? Another issue is. Why doesn't Firefox display something telling me it is working/looking for the site I want. I click on a site and stare at Firefox and don't know if it is doing anything. The previous versions were mu...

Tab Controls/tab pages/controls within tab pages
I give up! I have a tab control user object - inherited from u_tab - and some tab pages. Initially only one page is enabled which has a datawindow. When a valid data is entered in the DW, I need to enable rest of the tabs - Now - it is giving me a NULL object reference error during execution for the following statement in an event of the DW - tabcontrol.tabpage.enabled=TRUE getparent( ) also giving errors - HELP! How can I do this? Thanks! Ragni rpanjala@nsf.gov Ragni -- If you have CreateOnDemand set for the tab, then the tab pages are not valid until the user accesses them. ...

Tab Control
I have searched the forum and I cant seem to find the answer to my question, although I have tried some of the hints I have found with no luck....Can someone show me a working sample (with source code) of a page with a TabContainer and several tabs, with each tab having a user control, but the controls are not added/initialized/shown until the appropriate tab is shown/clicked?Something like this forum's "Write a New Post" page, where the tabs load after I click on them, and an animated picture displays to show that its loading.The solution needs to add user controls to the page...

Tab control tabs
Hi, Is there a way to show the tabs of a tab control on the left (instead of the default “top”)?  (Something like the “Customer & Partner Solutions” on http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx )  Thanks, Z   http://deluxe-tabs.com/file/templates/tabs-vertical-template.htmlGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ That’s nice… But I meant is it possible to do it with the AJAX tab control?  ...

Tabs, No Tabs
Name: Chris Email: cflore18atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Tabs, No Tabs Comments: When a tab is born, it should be optional that a simple alert noise is made. Because a tab is a window within a window, and the little tabs at the top sometimes go unseen; And I'm looking for the page I just came from, and I'm trying to hit the back button... Thanks for listening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no exp...

Tab after tab not..
Name: steve Email: xilleratproquakedotde Product: Firefox Summary: Tab after tab not.. Comments: Hello, could you add the funktion, that the new TAB come after the TAB what in use is. [sorry my engl.] i mean: i have 10 TABs open. and i klick in the middl nr. 5. Now i open a LINK in this TAB. At the moment the new TAB gos to TAB11 and not 6. Understand? :) thx Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Tabs!! TABS!
Name: Kathy Email: kmhuntingtonatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Tabs!! TABS! Comments: I know I can find the "always show tabs" in the tools drop-down, but argh! It took me a few moments to find it. You probably had that noted somewhere and I didn't bother to read it, so I have no one to blame but myself, but still! Argh! Tabs are hidden! Do you know how many times my mother is going to call me asking for help? TOO MANY! Anyway, thank you. I love FF. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090615 Fi...

Deleting pages of tab control inside tab control
It's about Power Builder 5.0. I have one tab control and inside this other tab control with few pages. How can i delete these pages and how to get a popup menu for these tabpages ( right click shows only menu of older tab control ). I know how to perform it from older tab control and tab page but i am unable to do it when i am positioned on child tab pages. Answer me here or at marina@servomihalj.co.yu ...

Tab Control: How to show new page in same tab when hyperlink clicked on the same tab
I have a hyperlink in my TabPanel's user control (.ascx).  When clicked it tries to go to an entirely new page outside the tab control (which of course causes an error because a browser cannot load just an .ascx alone) instead of just refreshing and showing the new page in the same tab.  So when I click the hyperlink I get this error:This type of page is not served.BODY { FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 0.7em; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } P { MARGIN-TOP: -5px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } B { MARGIN-TOP: -5p...

Hiding Tabs in Tab control has unwanted effect if hiding first tab
Hi - I have a site admin tool I built using the AJAX Tab control. I am hiding some of the tabs depending on the role a user is in. I tried many metods: TabContainer1.Tabs.Remove(Tab1) Tab1.Enabled = False And the combination Tab1.Visable = False Tab1.HeaderText = "" and they all have the same result. It works fine if the tab you are hiding is not the first tab (left most) - if it is - the whole tabcontainer and all the tabs do not display. I can move the tabs I want to hid to the right but on one of the projects I am working on there are onoly two tabs and only one is visa...

Ajax Tab Control inserting content from the preceding tab into the tab of focus
Hello, I am using a tab control with several tabs. In one of the tabs, I was attempting to cause a label and a dropdownlist control to become visible or invisible based upon the users selection on another dropdownlist control within the same tab. When I test the control that should make the label and the ddl visible or invisible it does succeed in displaying or hiding these two controls but the contents from the preceding tab container viewed is injected into each page of the tab control. If I navigate to the tab containing the contents being injected then to any of the other tabs previous...

tab key in the tab control
I have put some SingleLineEdit in the Tab Control, but when I press the Tab key , it didn't skip to the next SLE. Please kindly tell me how to solve it. Why didn't Powersoft make it more easier to map the Tab key to Enter key, such as a statement (MAP ENTERKEY:=TABKEY ?) . I think almost all worldwide users will confuse to change their habit (almost 15 years) to press the tab key instead of Enter key, cause all package application and development tools today can use both the Enter key and Tab key (you can check the Microsoft Visual Studio Products, it's simple, no need t...

tab order on tab control
In PB 6.5 I have a tab control with three tab pages. On each page I have several objects -- buttons, datawindows and the like. How do I set the 'tab order' for the objects on any one page? When I choose Tab Order from the Design menu, the only object that seems to have a tab order (a number in red displays) is the entire tab control itself, rather than the objects on it. Yet clearly when the app is running you can tab around among the various objects. Thanks. right-click inside the tabpage and select Tab Order HTH, stephen "Rick Charnes" <rick.cha...

Tab control and Tab Order
I am using PB 7.03. I have a tab control with three tab pages. One of these tab pages has two datawindows and two radio buttons. I set the tab order of all of these objects in the open event of the window. When this tab page is selected, it retrieves both datawindows. The first datawindow has eight editable fields. When you tab through the last field, instead of the focus going to one of the radio buttons on the tab page like it should, a new row is being inserted into the datawindow and sets focus on the first field. If you then tab through all of the fields, it will then tab...

Web resources about - Tab control withouth the tabs. - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Life expectancy study: Whites withouth high school diplomas see 4-year drop in life spans.
The New York Times has the details on a new study that suggests what the paper called "disturbingly sharp drops" in the life expectancy of white ...

Flickr: Eric Demarcq's Photostream
... are Copyrighted solely to Eric Demarcq copying, printing, posting, selling, blogging, or an other method of sharingf is forbidden withouth my ...

Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Sablich Brothers @ 5thDownFantasy ...

Wikipedia talk:Extended image syntax/Archive 1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I've gone through and added headers to each of the conversations on this page so that it's easier to navigate. Some of them duplicate one another, ...

Live: NSW Waratahs v Hurricanes
Live: NSW Waratahs v Hurricanes

Perth Glory coach Alistair Edwards in hot water after post-match snub
Perth Glory coach Alistair Edwards will face a please explain demand from the FFA after his failure to front for a post-match press conference ...

Downloads - InteGrade
Skip to main content Navigation Publications Feature Requests Members Software Integrade 0.4 RC1 Deployer Documentation News Notícias Research ...

Articles of Confederation (13)
skip to main - skip to sidebar Free Association Proudly delegitimizing the state since 2005 "Aye, free! Free as a tethered ass!" —W.S. Gilbert ...

Boucheron Bestiary Ronde Seconde Folle Collection, The Chameleon, Frog, And Owl Watches
Discussing the whimsical Boucheron Bestiary jewelry animal themed watches that well mixes luxury and humor with a beautiful collection.

The AppAdvice Week In Review: The Music Edition
... concurred, stating, “why can’t stupid people ever learn? To leave pass codes to children,or let children use Internet capable devices withouth ...