Problem Calling PowerBuilder COM objects in MTS from Java

We've created a COM object using Powerbuilder 6.5.  The object, called
"simple" does nothing more than return the integer 123 when we call a method
on it.

We've registered the object using regsvr32.  We've used JActiveX to create a
Java wrapper for this object.  Finally we created a little Java console app
which calls the object.  This all works fine.

No comes the problem...  When we register the object with MTS, we are no
longer able to call it.  We get a big JView program crash and Dr. Watson
comes up.

However, using Powerbuilder, we have no problem calling the object,
regardless of whether it's registered with MTS or not.

Has anybody tried calling COM objects registered on MTS via Java?  Do we
need to change something when we register it with MTS?  Any ideas on what we
might be missing?

-Bill Chosiad
Acadia Software

0
Bill
6/15/1999 8:03:50 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Use the C...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris hi, I'v tested it yet, i couldn't use it with the global/local external functions declarations method. It could be that some components need to be initialized first and global/local e...

Problem in creating powerbuilder 6.5 COM object hosted by MTS
Dear All, I am using Powerbuilder 6.5. We have COM object generated by PB (version 6.5) They all works fine... when these COM object is hosted by MTS then client can not create instance of the object(even from powerbuilder). Any special tips for using PB COM OBJECT in MTS? For your kind information. client of these objects are VB and IIS Thanks for you time Desai Well, I forgot to mention about O/S I m working with windows 2000 and trying to create object registered in component services. I also look at case id - 41049186. It has following four step and couldn?t un...

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

Calling Functions in a C++ COM object from Powerbuilder
This is a question posed by Pepsi any help would be greatly appreciated. Rob Baker Powersoft Custom Support We have a COM object coded in C++ which supports some common functions among the Pepsi applications, such as security, single signon and exception handling. Because the number of funcitons we have to support in this object, it is partitioned to support mutiple interfaces. In the object, only the primary interface supports the IDispatch interface because of the current COM limitation, and all the rest of the interfaces only support the IUnknown interface. We now have...

Powerbuilder COM object
Hi All, I am using powrbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have following code in VB to call function from that DLL. Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim pbo As New PBCOM.CoMsg Dim ret As Integer ->ret = pbo.of_status(6) 'This line got error message End Sub Error message : Run Time Error 429 ActiveX component cant create object. Here is PB DLL detail: PB COM Server File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.dll Interface Definition File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.idl PB COM Server Type: In Process Server Object :uo_msg COM ClassName:CoMsg Program ID:PB60CO...

Can we call Powerbuilder objects from "C" or "C++" or Java
Hi, We are moving our application to Web. We are using Java and Java beans. Our current application is running on Powerbuilder 6.5. We have very good reports generated in Powerbuilder. We want to call these reports from other middleware and also We want to call powerbuilder objects(business layers written in Userobjects) from C or Java. Please can you suggest me. Can you tell me how can call powerbuilder objects will be usefull in web development. Thanks If you put the NVO's into CORBA components in a Jaguar transaction server, any CORBA complient client can g...

SqlParameter objects causing problems with COM+ object
I am having some problems in passing in an SqlParameter() array when using a COM+ object running on the server.  For some odd reason when I try to access that parameteValues array I get a remoting exception that is thrown.  There is an overloaded method that accepts an Object() array that works.    What would be the reason for this?  Thanks for the help Public Overloads Function ExecuteScalar(ByVal connectionName As String, _      ByVal spName As String, _      ByVal ParamArray parameterValues() As SqlParameter) As Object...

COM Object Calling Problem
I have an asp page that calls a .NET DLL, the .NET DLL in term call another .NET DLL. The second .NET DLL use CreateObject to create a COM Object and use it to perform some functions. The scheme works when it is running under debug mode (under developer's account), but fail to work when it is deployed (running under ASP account). I first suspect it is a security issue, and use impersonation with an admin account, but still cannot get it to work.  Please help! Are there any exceptions? Are there any events in the event logs? Any errors of any kind that may narrow things down at al...

Problems with calling COM objects
Hello, I have problems with callign an object on MTS, where a CustomClass object of Foobar type is used as an input parameter, and which replaces the default parameter type of structure. CustomClass object is created in both application, with AutoInstantiate option in the object that creates it. The MTS creates the object successfuly, but the call of the method end with Error (R0035); Application terminated. Error: Error calling external object function of_testuo at line 24 in clicked event of object..... The code follows: a=create foobar a.is_1= "Test text" a.il_1=...

Powerbuilder 9, com object
Just wondering, Powerbuilder 9 COM object can be called from .net frame work? We would like to call powerbuilder-9 generated COM object from ASP.net and VB.net Sure. FWIW, it's nothing specific to PB9; you can do that with PB6/7/8 COM components as well. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) -- http://sdn.sybase.com <Mdesai> wrote in message news:8F3FB338EE88D2460015EBC885256CCC.0015EBEB85256CCC@webforums... > Just wondering, Powerbuilder 9 COM object can be called from .net frame > work? We would like to call power...

problems with call COM-object
I want to call methods from COM-object (Adobe Illustrator), but when com-object is call in Win App - it creates Illustrator's form. And when I try to call it in ASP.NET - error occurs ( http://forums.asp.net/thread/2269501.aspx ). How can I fix it? Thanks Did you convert the COM using Tlbimp.exe ? like, for example: tlbimp HelloWorld.dll /out:HelloWorldInterop.dll http://www32.brinkster.com/srisamp/netArticles/article_16.htm Good Luck  L. SkynyrdPlease, mark as answer when appropriate of course (but using Visual Studio), differently it could not work...

PowerBuilder calling MTS GetObjectContext Problems
I am using PowerBuilder 6.0 to build NVO�s which I am deploying as components in Microsoft Transaction Server. I am able to deploy basic components, but I am having some trouble calling the �global� GetObjectContext() function out of mtxas.dll. This call is obviously necessary as the first step to being able to take advantage of the major features of MTS transactions. I have also tried calling the GetObjectContext() from mtxex.dll (where it seems to be an exposed interface) with no luck. Here�s what I AM doing which I know is not right, but gets me some limited functionality w...

Web resources about - Problem Calling PowerBuilder COM objects in MTS from Java - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles