PowerBuilder number

I have received "438" for resultcode when I using a OLEOBJECT function in
PB. According to the help, resultcode is a UnsignedLong by value (a
PowerBuilder number identifying the exception that occurred on the server).
Does anyone know where I can get the meaning of 438. Thx.

0
GL
6/18/2003 9:57:59 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

According to my research, 438 means: object dosen't support property or method.

Which function were you calling and what are you trying to accomplish?  Are you
sure the OLE Server has been started?

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 05:57:59 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.objects
 <GL> wrote:
>I have received "438" for resultcode when I using a OLEOBJECT function in
>PB. According to the help, resultcode is a UnsignedLong by value (a
>PowerBuilder number identifying the exception that occurred on the server).
>Does anyone know where I can get the meaning of 438. Thx.

0
Andy
6/18/2003 12:53:55 PM
BTW, the 438 error is not coming fropm PowerBuilder, but from the OLE engine
(Microsoft)

 <GL> wrote:
>I have received "438" for resultcode when I using a OLEOBJECT function in
>PB. According to the help, resultcode is a UnsignedLong by value (a
>PowerBuilder number identifying the exception that occurred on the server).
>Does anyone know where I can get the meaning of 438. Thx.

0
Andy
6/18/2003 12:54:52 PM
Also, this should have been posted in the ole-ocx-activex newsgroup.  It'd get
more attentin there :)