POWERBUILDER API SITE ???

Hi !

From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:

   * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or
     http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/
   * http://choa.com/api/index.html

But I don't find them at the above URL's.

Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?

                    Tanks!   mailto:jdessart@consultant.com

0
JDM
8/24/1998 2:37:45 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has
closed them down since he is no longer involved with PowerBuilder.

The three correspondents who I have seen communicating frequently about
APIs are:

Roy Kiesler - who has some very good objects using the WINAPI and and
WINDOWS shell
Eric Ajling
Geert van Damme

I believe that the sybase powersoft forum should have an API section.

I have a very large diary of PB tips which includes quite a bit of WINAPI
stuff, which I could send on to you if you e-mail me.

Avron Polakow
avron@shira.com

JDM wrote:

> Hi !
>
> From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
> to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:
>
>    * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or
>      http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/
>    * http://choa.com/api/index.html
>
> But I don't find them at the above URL's.
>
> Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
> or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?
>
>                     Tanks!   mailto:jdessart@consultant.com

0
avron
8/24/1998 3:03:07 PM
Check your spelling <g>!

--

- Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

avron polakow <avron@shira.com> wrote in message
35E180AB.DFA5F0AC@shira.com...
>Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has
>closed them down since he is no longer involved with PowerBuilder.
>
>The three correspondents who I have seen communicating frequently about
>APIs are:
>
>Roy Kiesler - who has some very good objects using the WINAPI and and
>WINDOWS shell
>Eric Ajling
>Geert van Damme
>
>I believe that the sybase powersoft forum should have an API section.
>
>I have a very large diary of PB tips which includes quite a bit of WINAPI
>stuff, which I could send on to you if you e-mail me.
>
>Avron Polakow
>avron@shira.com
>
>JDM wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
>> to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:
>>
>>    * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or
>>      http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/
>>    * http://choa.com/api/index.html
>>
>> But I don't find them at the above URL's.
>>
>> Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
>> or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?
>>
>>                     Tanks!   mailto:jdessart@consultant.com

0
Eric
8/25/1998 6:19:06 AM
In article <35E180AB.DFA5F0AC@shira.com>, avron@shira.com says...

>Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has
>closed them down since he is no longer involved with PowerBuilder.

Has anyone thought of asking Don to give control of the API files to them? If I
remember correctly, this site had a huge amount of API calls defined, and it a
shame to see it all go.

I still have several meg of space left on my ISP site. I could host some (maybe
all) of it.

--
Brad Mettee
PC HotShots, Inc.

--> Let us bring out the *Power* of your PCs <--
* finger bmettee@clark.net for PGP Key *

0
bmettee
8/25/1998 11:28:50 AM
--------------96402B2B89E6E0A9272158DF

Hi all!
Heard from Don this morning--the site will be back up shortly.

http://choa.com/api/

Check it out!!

HTH,
Jody LaPosta

JDM wrote:

> Hi !
>
> From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
> to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:
>
>    * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or
>      http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/
>    * http://choa.com/api/index.html
>
> But I don't find them at the above URL's.
>
> Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
> or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?
>
>                     Tanks!   mailto:jdessart@consultant.com

--------------96402B2B89E6E0A9272158DF

<HTML>
Hi all!
<BR>Heard from Don this morning--the site will be back up shortly.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR><A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html">http://choa.com/api/</A>
<BR><A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html"></A>&nbsp;<A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html"></A>

<P><FONT COLOR="#000000">Check it out!!</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"></FONT>

<P><FONT COLOR="#000000">HTH,</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR="#000000">Jody LaPosta</FONT><A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html"></A>

<P>JDM wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Hi !

<P>From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
<BR>to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp; * <A HREF="http://newebsolutions.com/api/">http://newebsolutions.com/api/</A>
or
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/">http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/</A>
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; * <A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html">http://choa.com/api/index.html</A>

<P>But I don't find them at the above URL's.

<P>Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
<BR>or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Tanks!&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="mailto:jdessart@consultant.com">mailto:jdessart@consultant.com</A></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------96402B2B89E6E0A9272158DF--

0
Jody

PowerBuilder API Site
What happened to the Powerbuilder API Site http://newebsolutions.com/api ?? On Sun, 10 May 1998 13:11:18 -0400, Charles Drolsbaugh <chas@snip.net> wrote: >What happened to the Powerbuilder API Site >http://newebsolutions.com/api ?? > I don't know. It's been down for some time. Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Source Consulting mailto:bruce.armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.experienceondemand.com Preach the gospel at all times.If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi] On Sun, 10 May 1998 13:11:18 -0400...

use powerbuilder novisual object in power site
Hi all, I just build a nonvisual object in powerbuilder 7.0 and have disployed it to jagar as jagar component. Now, I want to use it at the powersite, I don't know how to use it. I know that if the EJB jargar component can be called as following: HomeObj = java.GetHomeInterface(xxxxx,xxx,xxx); ss = HomeObj.create(); ss.EJBFunction(xxx, xxx, xxxx); I want to know that can I call those NV object like that? You just need to add some server side script in the page where you want to call the component..... -------- Script start var pbComp = java.CreateComponen...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Has anybody tried to connect to a COM object in the Win32 API throught PowerBuilder?
I am attempting to incorporate the Windows Task Scheduler in my application to run periodic jobs for our users. However, I am not sure how to approach this. Is PowerBuilder capable of "talking" to COM objects in the Win32 API? And if so, is PowerBuilder capable of creating an instance of a COM object by calling CoCreateInstance from the API? Thank you, David Cervenan PowerBuilder can talk to COM object -- use the ConnectToNewObject function (you'll need a progid for the COM object you're trying to access) -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybas...

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris hi, I'v tested it yet, i couldn't use it with the global/local external functions declarations method. It could be that some components need to be initialized first and global/local e...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Use the C...

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

Web resources about - POWERBUILDER API SITE ??? - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles