Powerbuilder 2 Java

Hi All,

How to import Java Class file to Powerbuilder.

The options i tried was
1> Generate a Class file using Javac
2> Converted the Class File to .srx file using "Javap -c <ClassFileName>"

While importing the .srx file in Powerbuilder an error occurs
"Import Failed. Possible Causes: Import file missing export header"

Yes, the .srx doesn't have $PBExportHeader.

How to generate a file with this criteria? If any other possible solution
pls reply.

Thanks,
Kannan

0
kannan
6/8/2004 10:44:29 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This doens't quite make sense.  What are you trying to do with that
java file?  Do you simply want to call it?

On 8 Jun 2004 03:44:29 -0700, "kannan" <kannankr@cgvakindia.com>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>How to import Java Class file to Powerbuilder.
>
>The options i tried was
>1> Generate a Class file using Javac
>2> Converted the Class File to .srx file using "Javap -c <ClassFileName>"
>
>While importing the .srx file in Powerbuilder an error occurs
>"Import Failed. Possible Causes: Import file missing export header"
>
>Yes, the .srx doesn't have $PBExportHeader.
>
>How to generate a file with this criteria? If any other possible solution
>pls reply.
>
>Thanks,
>Kannan

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Easy XML with PowerBuilder DOM: June 8 & 10, 2004
http://crm.sybase.com/sybase/www/ESD/ISUGJUNE2004Regbn.jsp

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

http://www.needhim.org

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce
6/8/2004 2:04:35 PM
Hi Bruce,

Yes, i want to use the Java Class file in PB.

Thanks
Kannan

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:9mhbc0l07ggpkdn5cmemf03j5acvl1ciin@4ax.com...
> This doens't quite make sense.  What are you trying to do with that
> java file?  Do you simply want to call it?
>
> On 8 Jun 2004 03:44:29 -0700, "kannan" <kannankr@cgvakindia.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >How to import Java Class file to Powerbuilder.
> >
> >The options i tried was
> >1> Generate a Class file using Javac
> >2> Converted the Class File to .srx file using "Javap -c <ClassFileName>"
> >
> >While importing the .srx file in Powerbuilder an error occurs
> >"Import Failed. Possible Causes: Import file missing export header"
> >
> >Yes, the .srx doesn't have $PBExportHeader.
> >
> >How to generate a file with this criteria? If any other possible solution
> >pls reply.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Kannan
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Easy XML with PowerBuilder DOM: June 8 & 10, 2004
> http://crm.sybase.com/sybase/www/ESD/ISUGJUNE2004Regbn.jsp
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> ISUG Enhancement Requests
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
> is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
> message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
> that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
> it may not.
>
> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
> Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
> products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
> views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that
the
> author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

0
Kannan
6/9/2004 5:40:39 AM
Assuming you are on PB9 or later, use an EJBConnection object to call
it.  There is a sample of doing this on the CodeXchange site:

http://powerbuilder.codexchange.sybase.com/files/documents/67/1135/calljava.zip

On 8 Jun 2004 22:40:39 -0700, "Kannan" <kannankr@cgvakindia.com>
wrote:

> [...]

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
6/9/2004 5:49:30 AM
Hi Bruce,

The below URL helped me lot but i'm facing one more problem. I'm able to run
the "Convertor" example successfully which is already provided . I wrote my
own example and able to create the proxy successsfully but during runtime
i'm getting this error "Failed to invoke the EJB method:".

wrote in message news:109dc0lgfe8dhv6u5tjlkivkbemh049dnu@4ax.com...
> [...]
>
> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
> is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
> message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
> that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
> it may not.
>
> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
> Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
> products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
> views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that
the
> author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

6/9/2004 1:23:36 PM

"Kannan" <kannankr@cgvakindia.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
> > message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain
information
> > that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
> > it may not.
> >
> > Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
> > of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
> > Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
> > products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
> > views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that
> the
> > author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
> contents
> > of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

6/11/2004 8:55:47 AM
You might repost your question in a new thread and see if Jim O'Niel
(the author of that sample) picks it up.  I can point you to the
sample, I don't have the time at the moment to debug your use of it.

On 9 Jun 2004 06:23:36 -0700, "Kannan" <kannankr@cgvakindia.com>
wrote:

> [...]

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

java powerbuilder to java functions
We are currently on PowerBuilder 8.0, backend Sybase, and are looking into web development using pure Java, no EAS. Are there any class libraries out there that have been written for java/powerbuilder, for instance the equivelent of Rowcount() or Find, or other datawindow functions, but now instead of using datawindows we will be using arrays. I hate to reinvent the wheel and it seems like somebody must have done this already. Larry Horowitz Larry, I'm lost. No EAS, no DataWindows. Where does PowerBuilder fit into the solution here? -- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSy...

multi-threaded Powerbuilder OLE objects #2
Hello, Does anybody knows if Powerbuilder 5.0 OLE objects are truly multi-threaded? Regards, Bruno Morhy. ...

Error: Could Not create remote PowerBuilder Object #2
I've the next problem when executed Application WEB.PB : "Error: Could Not create remote PowerBuilder Object "uo_pb_demo" ". I've changed the function "of_get_data" to add input parameters: of_get_data(string search_letter) ------> of_get_data(string search_letter,string search_number). On file HTM pbweb.htm I add input text on the form to insert the further parameter required from the function of_get_data that i have modified. On the "Internet.PBL" there is one file PROXY (pxy_testpb). I must change this file to work in this applicat...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_C...

problem creating OLE Object PowerBuilder.Application #2
HELP!!! I wrote Delphi source code: P:= CreateOleObject ('PowerBuilder.Application'); P.LibraryList:= 'C:\Temp\some.dll'; // this line cause exception "Library not registered" some.dll - DLL that generated by PB 6.0 what's wrong? ...

Problem Calling PowerBuilder COM objects in MTS from Java
We've created a COM object using Powerbuilder 6.5. The object, called "simple" does nothing more than return the integer 123 when we call a method on it. We've registered the object using regsvr32. We've used JActiveX to create a Java wrapper for this object. Finally we created a little Java console app which calls the object. This all works fine. No comes the problem... When we register the object with MTS, we are no longer able to call it. We get a big JView program crash and Dr. Watson comes up. However, using Powerbuilder, we have no problem calli...

Problem Calling PowerBuilder COM objects in MTS from Java
We've created a COM object using Powerbuilder 6.5. The object, called "simple" does nothing more than return the integer 123 when we call a method on it. We've registered the object using regsvr32, and used JActiveX to create a Java wrapper for this object. Finally we created a little Java console app which calls the object. This all works fine. No comes the problem... When we register the object with MTS, we are no longer able to call it. We get a big JView program crash and Dr. Watson comes up. However, using Powerbuilder, we have no problem calling the ...

Powerbuilder to Java
Will the component factory enable me to migrate my Powerbuilder Application to real Java Code ? Will this work for nonvisual and for visual objects ? I need to migrate my Powerbuilder Application to Java because it should work on IBM NCs without Winframe. Please help me. Thanks a lot !!!! Erwin Selg wrote: > Will the component factory enable me to migrate my Powerbuilder > Application to real Java Code ? > Will this work for nonvisual and for visual objects ? I need to migrate > my Powerbuilder Application to Java because > it should work on IBM NCs witho...

Powerbuilder #2
To all: 1.I am having trouble connecting to my ORACLE DB. I am on a standalone PC and trying to connect to Personal Oracle. Could someone give me some insight in how to do this? 2. Also, Can version 6.5 and 7.0 reside on the same machine? 3. When I try to compile a simple executable on my Win 98 machine(in 6.5 or 7.0) I get a Dll missing error? Is this due to A compatability issue. You need nothing special to connect to a personal oracle. Just create an local SQL Net alias or connect to 2: or to empty string SQLCA.ServerName = "@LOCAL" SQLCA.ServerName = "...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 2 Java - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles