Pipeline Data

I can't execute pipeline from my application
 Metod Start pipeline object return -1 Help me please
This script  on create event user object
DataObject = "l_inventry_to_scratch"
long ret = 0, tt=0;
// Define database transactions
transaction Source
transaction Destination
// Define datawindow for process
DataWindow customer
Source = create transaction;
Destination = create transaction;
customer = create DataWindow ;
// --- Define the parameters necessary to connect to the database.
Source.DBMS       		= "ODBC"
Source.Database   		= "INVENTRY"
Source.UserID     		= "dba"
Source.DBPass     		= "sql"
Source.DBParm 		     	= "Connectstring='DSN=INVENTRY;UID=DBA;PWD=SQL'"

// --- Define the parameters necessary to connect to the database.
Destination.DBMS       		= "ODBC"
Destination.Database   		= "SCRATCH"
Destination.UserID     		= "dba"
Destination.DBPass     		= "sql"
Destination.DBParm 		  	= "Connectstring='DSN=SCRATCH;UID=DBA;PWD=SQL'"

CONNECT USING Source;
CONNECT USING Destination;

ret = start ( Source, Destination, customer )

                                                       with best regards
Andrew

0
Andrew
12/16/1997 5:17:15 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Andrew Chesnokov wrote:

> I can't execute pipeline from my application
>  Metod Start pipeline object return -1 Help me please
> This script  on create event user object
> DataObject = "l_inventry_to_scratch"
> long ret = 0, tt=0;
> // Define database transactions
> transaction Source
> transaction Destination
> // Define datawindow for process
> DataWindow customer
> Source = create transaction;
> Destination = create transaction;
> customer = create DataWindow ;
> // --- Define the parameters necessary to connect to the database.
> Source.DBMS                     = "ODBC"
> Source.Database                 = "INVENTRY"
> Source.UserID                   = "dba"
> Source.DBPass                   = "sql"
> Source.DBParm                   = "Connectstring='DSN=INVENTRY;UID=DBA;PWD=SQL'"
>
> // --- Define the parameters necessary to connect to the database.
> Destination.DBMS                = "ODBC"
> Destination.Database            = "SCRATCH"
> Destination.UserID              = "dba"
> Destination.DBPass              = "sql"
> Destination.DBParm                      = "Connectstring='DSN=SCRATCH;UID=DBA;PWD=SQL'"
>
> CONNECT USING Source;
> CONNECT USING Destination;
>
> ret = start ( Source, Destination, customer )
>
>                                                        with best regards
> Andrew

(1) Check the return codes on your connect statements.  You may be getting an error on the
connect and not be aware of it.
(2) Did you use a pipeline user object?
(3) Please do not crosspost. Use one newsgroup only.

HTH

0
Joe

object.data and powerbuilder 9
we have a report object in a datawindow, and to populate it we use this line of code: w_ppreview.dw_preview.object.dw_report.Object.dw_detail.object.data = lds_ds.object.dw_detail.object.data the dataobjects of lds_and dw_preview are the same. this used to work in pb8. in pb9 i get an error accessing external object property. any thoughts? There was bug in the GA release of PowerBuilder 9 with accessing nested reports via dot notation. Try applying this patch: ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb90_weekly/906075.zip ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pb...

How do I Data Bind a GridView Control to an object data source that has imbedded objects
What follows are snippets of two classes that I am using: public class Location{ private string locationCode;  public String LocationCode {      get { return locationCode;}      set { locationCode = value; } }} public class User{ private Location location;  public Location Location {     get { return location;}     set { location = value} }}  I have bound a GridView control to a collection of User objects.  Within the GridView I need to display the ...

Enhancements to Pipeline object in PowerBuilder 11
I submitted an Enhancement Request for more features for the Pipeline object back in 2003 much before PowerBuilder 10 was released: http://forums.sybase.com/cgi-bin/webnews.cgi?cmd=item-13371&group=sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion&bypass_cache=2 http://forums.sybase.com/cgi-bin/webnews.cgi?cmd=item-152751&group=sybase.public.powerbuilder.general&bypass_cache=2 and hoped they would be implemented in PowerBuilder 10 (but they were not). Can someone at Sybase (Dave?) look into this much-neglected and powerful object and enhance it in PowerBuilder 11? Even ...

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

How to move a row in a data table object to the top of the table? The data table is in a data set. The data is bound to a drop down list box.
I am maintaining some 2003 C#/asp.net code for a web application. In the application a table in a data set is usedto populate a drop down list box.(The drop down list box will display a list of names) Before the data set table is bound to the list box control, blank characters are inserted at the topof the data set table. The purpose of this, is to display a blank line in the drop down list box, when the list box isinitially displayed. This code works fine. (See lines 1-14 below). Now I have been asked to modify the source code so that instead of a blank line being inserted at to top of th...

How to validate Session Data before FormView and Object Data Source Controls the session data
I have a FormView control as well as two object data sources on a webpage.  Some of the data that is used by these controls comes from session objects that were loaded in a different page.  I want to be able to validate this session data before the FormView or the Object Data Sources uses them, so I added the following piece of code into my Page_Load: if (!IsPostBack){    ValidateSessionData();} The ValidateSessionData throws an error if the session data is not correct (ie. the previous web page sent this page bad data).   Unfortunately throwi...

How to get data from an Object data source?
Hi I am new to data source controls and I have a basic query...I am using following code to show some results in a GridView with custom pagination.<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="objectDataSourceSearch" runat="server" EnablePaging="True"              SelectMethod="Select" TypeName="GoogleSearchDatasource" SelectCountMethod="SelectCount"             OnSelecting="objectDataSourceSearch_Selecting" >  &...

Representative Object (Data Rep Object)
Hello Experts: Can anyone tell what is "Representative Object" and how can i write it. Please help its urgent thanks in advance Hi,Could you tell me what do you want to use it for?  See if you what to look at the ASP.NET Data Access objects, it meets the common requirements in ASP.NET web application.Zhao Ji MaSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Support“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the ...

how to find if an object data source has no data
Hi everyone; I have a dropdownlist control which takes information from DB through an objectdatasource. When there is no data in the db obviously it renders a dropdownlist without any row inside but I couldn't figure out how to identify it programmatically in the page_load phase.. Thanks...Kaan ÖZGEN Check the DropDownList.Rows.Count in the DropDownList_DataBound event... and go from there! sorry but it doesn't exist??Kaan ÖZGEN Hi Kaan, To figure out if there is any data to be filled into the DropDownList, I suggest you check the count in object data source's Select metho...

query data from data table object
Hi, Is there any way to query data from datatabel object like this: "select distinct columnName"? i have a method which return datatable from excel sheet, i want to manpulate the inoforrmation before i save them to the database i know i can use the select method for a datatbale, but it seems that it just play the role of the 'Where' condition any help please Thanks   ,  HiYes, there is way to get select distinct columns from DataTable using Helper Class in Visual C# .NET. The following article will shed some light on this http://support.micros...

Drop/Add table problem in data pipeline in PowerBuilder 7.0 and ASA 6.0
I have a problem with a data pipeline. The source is a text file in one data source and destination is a database table in another database source. The pipe operation is drop/add table. I get the sql error code = 23000 or sql error code = 07001. Meena Shah ...

Error in Data Binding Of Repeater Object of a WebUserControl: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Hi all dudes, I have written the following Code below for Bind a Repeater object in a WebUserControl Object.When I want to set the the DataSource property of Repeater, It encounters the following error:"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."Line 37:     Reader = Cmd.ExecuteReader()Line 38:     Me.Rpt.DataSource = ReaderLine 39:     Me.Rpt.DataBind()When I paste this code in a New WebForm, it doesn't have any problems.So can anyone help me plz ?Thanks in Advance.Public Sub BindRepeater2(ByVal GroupID As String) ...

Changing data source of data window object
Hi, Our application data window objects have been defined as either Quick Select or SQL Select. However, we have to change all of them to stored procedures. What is the method to be adopted for going about this change so that we do not have to touch our data window control code. Regards, Uma ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp None that I know of. If you learn the syntax that PB uses, you can do an edit source (depending on the version of PB you are using) and make the change directly. On 11 Jun 2004 05:18:3...

How to sort data using Object data source?
How do i sort data using object datasource. Please check the code below. The DropDownList2, which is directly binds to method shows sorted data. But the the DropDownList1 which binds to ObjectDataSource does not show sorted data. Infact the data in DropDownList2 is sorted by its value property, which in this case "CustomerID". But if you check the code the datatable is sorted by "ContactName" and thats what i want.public static DataTable GetAllCustomers() { SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(con_string); SqlCommand cmd = new SqlComman...

object data source (no data components to choose from)
Hi everyone. i have just joined this community hoping to find a solution to my problem. When i drag an object data source (Visual web developer 2005 express edition) to my page and try to choose a class (from .cs file in App_Code folder) it shows nothing on the drop down list. There are also 2 other machines connected to the same server working on the same site, an they have no problem with listing classes and selecting methods. I have installed service pack one   Any ideas? Try uncheck the Show only data components when you are in the Choose a Business Object step of the Configur...

Web resources about - Pipeline Data - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Keystone Pipeline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
along the Gulf Coast of Texas . It consists of the operational "Keystone Pipeline" and "Keystone-Cushing Extension", and two proposed pipeline ...

Winners and losers from NT gas pipeline deal
China-controlled pipeline developer Jemena has been prepared to sacrifice initial returns to win the contract to build the $800 million North ...

Jemena to build NT gas pipeline to supply Incitec Pivot
The Northern Territory government has decided on a lower-cost northern route to link its gas pipelines with the national grid.

Keystone XL: Why one pipeline answered for them all
Keystone XL was to be just one of many pipelines, among other modes of transportation, shipping crude oil across North America. But environmental ...

NEB Changes Stance, May Consider GHGs In Pipeline Proposals 6
... energy regulator has made it abundantly clear that it doesn't want to get involved in climate change discussions when evaluating major pipeline ...

President of Alaska gas pipeline corporation resigns - Alaska Dispatch News
Dan Fauske led the state-owned company charged with guiding construction of the proposed $55 billion natural gas pipeline from the North Slope. ...

America has built the equivalent of 10 Keystone pipelines since 2010, by @Gaius_Publius
America has built the equivalent of 10 Keystone pipelines since 2010 by Gaius Publius The blue lines show expansion since 2005. Note the expansions ...

The Keystone XL Pipeline May Be Dead, But Corrupt Democrats Like Patrick Murphy Who Backed It Aren't
... President Obama succumbed to the same pressure from serious activists that made Hillary Clinton switch positions on the Keystone XL Pipeline ...

CIA director warns ISIS could have more attacks "in the pipeline"
John Brennan said it's not a surprise that ISIS carried out the Paris attacks because the U.S.

CIA director anticipates more ISIS attacks 'in the pipeline'
ISIS probably has plans for more attacks "in the pipeline," according to the head of the CIA, although President Barack Obama's national security ...