May PB7.0 call a remote EJB component without EAServer?

Environment: PB application on windows, EJB component with J2EE on
solaris/linux.
May PB call the remote EJB directly without EAServer?
If so what's the difference between with and without EAServer?

sorry for multi-post and thanks.

0
Alex
4/5/2001 9:21:52 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

My initial response is that it should not, unless the EJB also has CORBA
interface that is exposed to a CORBA server.

Cheers, Paul

"Alex" <internalthinking@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Environment: PB application on windows, EJB component with J2EE on
> solaris/linux.
> May PB call the remote EJB directly without EAServer?
> If so what's the difference between with and without EAServer?
>
> sorry for multi-post and thanks.

0
Paul

Calling EJB from Powerbuilder component. Again....
I have previously posted a message asking this, but still am not satisfied. My question still has to do with intercomponent calls between Powerbuilder and EJB components. Previous responses to my earlier posting in this news group say that it is done exactly the same as from a standalone Powerbuilder client. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----- The following code works fine from a standalone Powerbuilder client: 01) string ls_orboptions = "", ls_msg 02) jaguarorb ln_orb 03) corbaobject ln_corbaobj 04) manager ln_manager 0...

Bug in pb7.0 debugger when debuggin EAS pb7.0 component?
This is what I've done in my code: Long customer_id setNull(customer_id) Not perticulary strange....I init the customer_id variable to NULL. But when in debug mode, Pb7.0 AND EAServer both crashes.... I guess this is a bug in the debuger comp. in easerver. Anybody know if this is addressed/fix or if there is a EBF correcting this... TIA, Darko Guberina, ConNova Systems AB This is how it looks now: If a_actordata.customercategory_id = -1 Then setNull(a_actordata.customercategory_id) End If ids_data.setitem(row,'customer_category_id',a_actordata.cu...

EJB 0.4 Service Component Call
Hi, Hope someone can shed some light on the following: Using Jaguar 3.01 build 30033 and PowerJ 3 build 1487. I have written 3 ejb 0.4 components as follows : BaseComponent - extends java.lan.object implements com.sybase.jaguar.beans.enterprise.ServerBean ProfileRelease - extends BaseComponent implements com.sybase.jaguar.beans.enterprise.ServerBean ProfileService - extends java.lang.object implements com.sybase.jaguar.beans.enterprise.ServerBean PowerJ has done it's bit and has created the xxxxImpl and xxxxInterface files for each ejb along with the JAR target for ea...

Using EJB components in PB7.0.3
EAServer 3.6.1 and PB 7.0.3. Last I remember, in order to use EJB's in PB I needed to use the JaguarORB object along with the CORBAObject, as opposed to using the connection object. Is this still true with the most recent EAServer/PB release? I remember someone mentioning that in PB 8.0 evertything will be done via connection object. Thanks Nick Right on all counts -- for 7.x you have to use the JaguarORB object. Startuing with 8.0, you will be able to use the connection object (or stick with the JaguarORB) -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] m...

PB7.0 Client and EJB CTS component
Hi, how are you. I read some messages about using EJB component from PB application. I still have the following questions: (if old messages answer my questions, please tell me some links) 1. PB7.0 has two wizards, (connection wizard and jaguar proxy wizard), I'd like to know if I can use these two wizards for my PB application to use Jaguar EJB components. The messages I read suggested to use powerscript (JaguarORB, CORBAObject, etc.). Also the jaguar proxy wizard always generate a project (.pbl), how do I use it? 2. According to powerscript reference, if I want to use Manag...

How does PB call a EJB 1.0 session component
Using PowerJ I have upgraded an EJB 0.4 component an EJB 1.0 session component. The method I have been using to do an intercomponent call to it from a PB component no longer works. I've noticed that an additional "home" proxy is now being output by PB's proxy generator. From some of the news group postings I gather that the usual method used to get a component reference will no longer work with an EJB 1.0 type component. Is there any place in the EAS 3.5 installation, EBF 1 or EBF 2 that documents how a PB client is to communicate with a EJB 1.0 type component? ...

Call DW without using EAServer or COM Object
Does anyone know whether any method can call DW other than using/via EAServer or Com Objects? COM Objects uses ActiveX and if I don't want to use ActiveX. How to call DW ? Fanny DDE? In article <4226c382.2c95.1681692777@sybase.com>, Fanny says... > Does anyone know whether any method can call DW other than > using/via EAServer or Com Objects? > > COM Objects uses ActiveX and if I don't want to use ActiveX. > How to call DW ? > > Fanny > <Fanny> wrote in message news:4226c382.2c95.1681692777@sybase.com... > Does anyone kn...

EAServer 3.0 and PB7.0
4 questions: EAServer 3.0's native PowerBuilder support: Does it require those native objects to be PowerBuilder 7.0? Assuming those native PB objects on EAServer 3.0 are in PB 7.0, is the client required to be PowerBuilder 7.0? If not, will 5.0.04 work? Can non-PB clients call native PB objects on EAServer 3.0? Will PB 7.0 support true callbacks? Callbacks are required by many existing CORBA objects. Thanks, Chad >EAServer 3.0's native PowerBuilder support: Does it require those native >objects to be PowerBuilder 7.0? Yes. However, you can still...

pb component calls EJB component
--------------ACFD15E3B005B4786EDD72EF Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have a pb component calls a EJB component, the codes is below, do I need to destroy these variable before return ? ejb_exchangeHome lo_home // #2 ejb_exchange lo_instance // #3 String ls_ejb, ls_ejbhome JaguarORB l_orb CORBAObject l_cor Manager l_mgr Session l_ses // call the ejb codes ......... // end Do I need add these codes to destroy all the variables? destroy lo_home destroy lo_instance destroy l_orb destroy...

Can PowerBuilder 5.0 make a socket call to a remote program
Is it possible to add some coding in a Powerbuilder 5.0 program in order to make a socket call to a remote java program ? How to code it ? Thanks in advance. Martin; Have a look at the "SocketWrench" software: http://www.catalyst.com/products/socketwrench/index.html There is also an example of a PB application using that feature on Sybase's CodeXchange web site. However, I am surprised that you are on such an old version of PB! -- Regards ... Chris Pollach Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com ISUG: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com/isug_membersh...

Inter component communication ( how to call java , ejb component in power builder ( NVO ) component.
Inter component communication ( how to call java , ejb component in power builder ( NVO ) component. I have a PowerBuilder (NVO ) service component, with this I want to call a EJB component ( javamail ejb ). Please tell me how I can achieve this ??? any example then please share with me ...

Inter component communication ( how to call java , ejb component in power builder ( NVO ) component.
Hi All, How to write Error message in EASever Log File from a powerbuilder com ? I have created PowerBuilder component and there I am writing some functions and in case of getting any error I want to write error In log file. If any one have any example then Please share it Thanks This is better posted in the one of the easerver groups. But - //********************** transactionserver ts errorlogging el long ll_ret // get transaction server ll_ret = GetContextService( "TransactionServer", ts ) //Get errorlogging GetContextService( "...

Web resources about - May PB7.0 call a remote EJB component without EAServer? - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

It’s a new year, and time for the claimed iPhone 7 component photos to begin
Taiwanese site Apple Club has posted what it claims are leaked photos of iPhone 7 components. The photos appear to show the backlight of a new ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Lumentum, Fabrinet: Component Makers at Start of 5-Year Boom, Says Needham
Needham & Co .’s Alex Henderson today advises fiber optics enthusiasts to look to component makers , such as Lumentum ( LITE ), in 2016, more ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

John Ridley Extends ABC Studios Deal For Three More Years; Film Component Added
John Ridley and his production arm, International Famous Players Radio Picture Corporation, have extended their first-look deal with ABC Studios ...

Taiwan panel makers calling on China government for component tariff reductions
Panel makers in Taiwan are calling on the China government to allow for zero tariffs on panel components due to Taiwan's weakening panel supply ...

Teflon Component Tied to Kids' Weight Gain
PFOA, a main component of Teflon, has been linked to increased body fat and faster weight gain in children.