How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at

How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at
runtime?

0
zhangyuh
7/29/1998 12:32:51 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In article <35BF1672.BE14830C@public.szonline.net>,
zhangyuh@public.szonline.net says...
> How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at
> runtime?

Please see my response in the dw newgroup. Please do not post the same
question in multiple newgroups.
--
John Strano
[TeamPS]

Have a heart,
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/JCredit/eds_stry.htm
0
NOCANSPAM_jstrano

Get nested dw(report) column count ?
How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at runtime? In article <35BF164C.65FDC974@public.szonline.net>, zhangyuh@public.szonline.net says... > How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at > runtime? > > ll_count = Upperbound ( <DW Control Name>.Object.<Reportname>.Object.<col_name> ) <DW Control Name>.Object.<Reportname>.Object.<col_name>.<property_name> = somevalue -- John Strano [TeamPS] Have a heart, http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/JCredit/eds_stry...

Get Name of DW Identity Column (column.identity property requires looping thru all columns)
I need to locate the identity column for a DW. Only method i see is use of the columnName.Idenity property - which requires you to traverse all the DW columns and then look up the identity property for each until one is yes. Is there a way just to get the identity column directly - or the Primary Key. thanks, Dave As one can see in he syntax, sorry no. I played around with it this week also as I am using DW.Net2.0 with DataSets and a DataSet can not create update commands from a SQL statements where one has 2 tables. But, now, with the help of DW.Net it can do it ...

How to get a column property in a datawindow column object expression?
Hi, I have a free style datawindow, I want such expression: columnA.x = IF(columnB.visible, columnB.x + 100, 200) Yes, you can get it in script, but I just want set it in datawindow. Anyone can help? Bo Song soong@188.net Hi Bo, AFAIK, you cannot reference object properties in the expression. That would be nice... -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 Bo Song <soong@188.net> wrote in message 36D52106.433CE9B2@188.net... >Hi, >I have a free style data...

How do I get the height property on a dw column-object?
Hi again. I have a column object in a header band in a freeform dw with the autosize heigth property set. My problem is to adjust the header band depending on the objects height. As known the header-band itself does'nt have an autosize heitght property, so I have to adjust this runtime in script. Well, as a start I try to read the columns height like this: String ls_height ls_height = dw_registrering.object.topptekst.height But this only returns the default height, not the height after autosizing! How can I find this? Oh, I'm using PB 6.5.1. Thanks in advance -...

getting child of lower level nested report dddw column object
A similar message to this was posted tuesday, but I am no longer able to find it on the newsgroup. It went something like... ------------------------- We want to use a multilevel nested report and share data with lower level column objects (in this case dddw). The reply from PS was to make sure you were using a composite report, then modify the dddw's edit style of the lower level objects and change them to ddlb's and then set the values. ------------------------- I am having trouble getting started on this. I can use dw_1.describe('datawindow.objects') to get a li...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

How to get Visible property of dw column
I need to get Visible property of a DW column, which is a VARIABLE (CAN NOT use dot notation) for a specific DW row. It has to be in a script, can not use DW expression for that. I'm probably missing something simple. Thanks in advance. So why can't you use dot notation again...? I missed that part.... Austin <lt> wrote in message news:C6A9A11A50AD4B09004B7AA985256D4F.004B7ADA85256D4F@webforums... > I need to get Visible property of a DW column, which is a VARIABLE (CAN NOT > use dot notation) for a specific DW row. > > It has to be in a scr...

get column value in DW expression without column name
Hi everyone! I've got a common experssion that I'd like to put on every bold column property: I'd like set the column font to bold if the previous column value is equal to the current. As I have many columns, even dynamic columns, I don't know their name in order to set an expression like this: "if (col_name = col_name[-1], ...)" So any idea? Hi Matthieu, get all object names using the expression "datawindow.objects", split this tab separated list into single object names, check every object wether it is a column using the expression &quo...

Table column set to NULL when different column gets updated
We are using Sybase Adaptive Server V. 11.5 with patch level SWR7830 Rollup. We have the following table in our database that is experiencing the problem. When we update any of the numeric(10,0) columns, the tinyint COLUmn is getting changed from it's current value of 0 or 1 to NULL, even though we are not updating the tinyint field. You can do the update directly from SQL Advantage and the problem still occurs. So the problem is not with our software or the ODBC driver: create table dbo.Instructors_Detail ( ICDID numeric(10, 0) identity, InstructorID numeric(10, 0) not null,...

Setting Datagrid Column to invisible when Column is an AutoGeneratedColumn NOT a bound Column
Hi all, Just like the title says, I'm trying to set a column to invisible but I'm unable to do so. If I bound the column I can used the code: me.datagrid.Column.Item(1).Visible = False But since I'm wanting the column NOT to be bound (there are a number of sql scripts that populate the same datagrid so I cannot bound all the columns since the columns are different for each script etc etc etc) how do I set an AutoGeneratedColumn to invisible?? Please help! Andrewwww.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshot...

Cannot set column. The value violates the MaxLength limit of this column (where to find properties).
HowdyRan across this older thread, but since it's been marked "solved" I don't know if it will be filtered out for some.http://forums.asp.net/t/1130944.aspxI am having the same problem. I increased the column in SQL2005 from nvarchar(100) to nvarchar(500) but I'm still getting the error whenever the # of characters goes over 100.I am using a TableAdapter + logic layer as an Object Data Source and I don't know where to look to reset/change the properties in order to pickup the new field size.I have rebuilt the the site and seen no change - if any has a pointer I woul...

DW Painter
In the Datawindow Painter, I notice underneath inconveniences 1. When one wants to change the name of a not visible column (the dw column, not the DB column name), one need to insert, rename and remove it. It would be more convenient to be able to change the name of the column in the column specification. 2. When adding a column to your SQL syntax in a datawindow, it is automatically added to the detail band, but the default color and border settings (as in the DW creation wizard) are not applied. 1. You can do that. When you select a column in the column specification, it wi...

Get height of column with autosize property set
Is there a way to get the actual value of the height of a column, that has the autosize property set ? TIA Kurt Gygax You can only get the original size that was defined in the painter. Sanjiv. "Kurt Gygax" <gx@bluemail.ch> wrote in message news:ozwrcyc6AHA.194@forums.sybase.com... > Is there a way to get the actual value of the height of a column, that has > the autosize property set ? > > TIA > > Kurt Gygax > > Technically this is not true, I provided an example several times, check this: http://groups.google.com...

Web resources about - How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling . You can assist by editing it . In abstract, property ...

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In abstraction, property is that which belongs to or with something, whether as an attribute or as a component of said thing. For the significant ...

Thousands of dollars of property stolen from Port Augusta home during Christmas break-in - AdelaideNow ...
DEFENCE medals and unique jewellery are among thousands of dollars of property stolen during a break-in at a Port Augusta home over Christmas. ...

Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg faces trial over Silicon Valley property deal
... broke a promise to introduce him to Silicon Valley's elite. Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg is headed toward a trial after all as the property ...

Canberra's rental yields on the rise, despite sluggish property market
Canberra has experienced the lowest annual shift in rental prices in Australia over the past decade.

Mount Isa Police crackdown nets 20 people over property theft - The Courier-Mail Search Search
ABOUT 20 people have been charged, including 17 juveniles, after a series of break and enters and thefts in Mount Isa.

Warning of 'unfair' process unheeded as government forges ahead with property resumptions
Private property is being forcibly resumed by the NSW government for major infrastructure projects such as WestConnex using a system it was warned ...

Property damage, power out in Waroona fire
At least one old property has been destroyed by intense fires that hit Waroona and Preston Beach. Vision courtesy of 9 News Perth.

Spiking property assessments may leave thousands without Home Owner Grant
A spike in property assessments in Metro Vancouver means thousands no longer qualify for the Home Owner Grant, unless the provincial government ...

Prestige property leads house price falls
Sydney property prices fell for the second consecutive month and the top end fell fastest, dropping 2.3 per cent in December, the CoreLogic RP ...