How change graph default bar color

Is there a way to change the default color that PB uses for graphs?
All of my bar graphs come up, by default with the bars colored red.
This will quickly run the red toner down.  Would be nice if I could
tell PB to change the color but haven't figured out how.

Woody Splawn
0
splawnw
1/19/1999 5:23:54 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check out the graphics service I put on my site. It shows you how to change
the color at runtime.

HTH
--

- Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

Woody Splawn <splawnw@calweb.com> wrote in message
36a4bf3a.9954725@forums.powersoft.com...
>Is there a way to change the default color that PB uses for graphs?
>All of my bar graphs come up, by default with the bars colored red.
>This will quickly run the red toner down.  Would be nice if I could
>tell PB to change the color but haven't figured out how.
>

>Woody Splawn

0
Eric
1/20/1999 11:35:37 AM
On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 12:35:37 +0100, "Eric Aling [TeamPS]"
<e.aling@cypres.nl_NOSPAM> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Check out the graphics service I put on my site. It shows you how to change
>the color at runtime.
>
>HTH

Eric
	Thank you for directing me to your site.  I had not been there
before and found it interesting.  I will visit it again in the future.
Thank you again.

What you are suggesting is overkill for what I need.  I would like to
know how to change the default color that PB uses when creating a
graph.  Right now, if you create a new bar graph, no series, the
default color is red.  How would I change this so that if there is no
series the color that is shown is something other than red?   I would
like to be able to do this at the time the graph is created.   Not at
runtime<g>  I don't see anything in the documentation.

Woody Splawn
0
splawnw

That's the reason I created the service so you *can* change it at runtime.
AFAIK, you cannot set the color at design time. It has been a while I worked
with graphs....

--

36a60b08.3686777@forums.powersoft.com...
>On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 12:35:37 +0100, "Eric Aling [TeamPS]"
><e.aling@cypres.nl_NOSPAM> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Check out the graphics service I put on my site. It shows you how to
change
>>the color at runtime.
>>
>>HTH
>
>Eric
> Thank you for directing me to your site.  I had not been there
>before and found it interesting.  I will visit it again in the future.
>Thank you again.
>
>What you are suggesting is overkill for what I need.  I would like to
>know how to change the default color that PB uses when creating a
>graph.  Right now, if you create a new bar graph, no series, the
>default color is red.  How would I change this so that if there is no
>series the color that is shown is something other than red?   I would
>like to be able to do this at the time the graph is created.   Not at
>runtime<g>  I don't see anything in the documentation.
>

>Woody Splawn

0
Eric
1/21/1999 7:38:16 AM
On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:38:16 +0100, "Eric Aling [TeamPS]"
<e.aling@cypres.nl_NOSPAM> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>That's the reason I created the service so you *can* change it at runtime.
>AFAIK, you cannot set the color at design time. It has been a while I worked
>with graphs....

Eric

	Thank you for responding.

	You did not give an exact name of the article on your website
but when I got there I found one that looked like it.  I went in and
looked at the code and it was code, written to be used in conjunction
with the PFC.  I must admit I did not spend much time looking at it,
as much as it probably deserved, but when I saw references to the PFC
I kind of tuned it out because I don't use the PFC.

	I would have guessed in an ini file or somewhere there is a
default color referenced for when you open a graph.  At least I was
hoping so.

	If anyone else knows how to do this it would be much
appreciated if you would let me know.

	Best Regards,

Woody Splawn
0
splawnw
1/21/1999 5:35:51 PM
Hi Woody,

Try SetDataStyle function to set desired color. But U can see only
application is active.

Do this way :

For a graph in a DataWindow, you can specify the appearance of a data
point in the graph before PowerBuilder draws the graph. To do so, define
a user event for pbm_dwngraphcreate and call SetDataStyle in the script
for that event. The event pbm_dwngraphcreate is triggered just before a
graph is created in a DataWindow object.

Is this what u r looking for.

Subanand

Woody Splawn wrote:

> Is there a way to change the default color that PB uses for graphs?
> All of my bar graphs come up, by default with the bars colored red.
> This will quickly run the red toner down.  Would be nice if I could
> tell PB to change the color but haven't figured out how.
>
> Woody Splawn
0
Subanand

How do I change the bar color in a bar graph?
How do I change the 'bar' color in a bar graph that is in a dw? I am using PB 11.2 Build 8616. setSeriesStyle() or setDataStyle(). Any chance to upgrade to 11.5? The graph engine got a complete overhaul and now uses DirectX... -- Paul Horan[Sybase] paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com <Anthony> wrote in message news:49e3689b.428.1681692777@sybase.com... > How do I change the 'bar' color in a bar graph that is in a > dw? > > I am using PB 11.2 Build 8616. I tried using SetDataStyle and it does not work. The return code is always -1. Ther...

InfoMaker
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. If not, please tell me were I should post it. We are OEM partners w/Sybase and deploy ASA (version 8 and 9) and InfoMaker (versions 9 and 10.0) to our users. Our development language is Delphi and we do not have PowerBuilder nor do we plan on getting it. After dealing with some graphing issues with InfoMaker we were pointed here by Sybase Tech Support. We would like to be able to, in a future version of InfoMaker, specify which colors to use for each bar (or slice, etc.) in any given graph. Currently we can...

Change Color of Bar Graph ???
I am trying to change the color of the bars from the default red to blue in a bar graph. Hopefully I can explain this w/o being too confusing... I have a window. On that window is a datawindow control whose dataobject property is set to a report that contains an additional report control. That additional report control (composite or nested report?) contains the graph control (gr_1) I need to edit. What is odd is that if I attempt to do this directly at the level of the report that contains the graph control the color will edit properly. But I am in need of an entire report (which is...

Changing Colors in Graph Object
This is probably a pretty simple question, but in working with PB for almost 5 years this hasn't come up. I have a customer who wants to assign a color to customers within all graph objects. I can handle the database issue, but the mechanics involved with changing the colors associated with the data pertaining to the customer is what escapes me. I do not have any series in most of the graphs, so SetSeriesStyle () is not an option (I THINK!). I have toyed with SetDataStyle (), but the argument for series is killing me (I BELIEVE!) as datapointnumber (PERHAPS!). Has anyone done t...

Graphs -- changing the color of the bars.
Hi! How do I change the bar colors on a graph in a datawindow? I do not want to change the order of the data going to those bars. Thanks! ...

Change Color of Bar Graph ???
I am trying to change the color of the bars from the default red to blue in a bar graph. Hopefully I can explain this w/o being too confusing... I have a window. On that window is a datawindow control whose dataobject property is set to a report that contains an additional report control. That additional report control (composite or nested report?) contains the graph control (gr_1) I need to edit. What is odd is that if I attempt to do this directly at the level of the report that contains the graph control the color will edit properly. But I am in need of an entire report (which is...

change default color of column graph
hi! as i create a column graph, all columns begin as red..how to i change it to other colour..? thanks ...

Change graph series default colors
I would like to change the colors that are assigned to the series in a graph. is this possible? I have a 4 series graph ( tranfers in , tranfers out, contribution and daily changes) I would like the daily changes to be blue and the contribution be yellow ( easier to read) if I set up the series in the following sort order ( tranfers in, tranfers out, contribution ,daily changes) daily change will be blue but will sometime hide the contribution. If I try ( tranfers in, tranfers out, daily changes, contribution ) daily change will be yellow but does not hide the ...

How I can change default color of grph bar?
Hi all, How i can change color of graph bar from default to #CDD097? Please help! If you are running the vb version there is a page called TimeEntryBarChart.aspx, you can change the color by changing the value ' Set bar color for 7 days Dim i As Integer For i = 0 To 6 bar.SetColor(i, Color.Sienna) Next i then just recompile the page....

Graphs in a composite datawindow object
I have produced a number of datawindow objects of presentation style GRAPH and data source of Stored Procedure. The graph type is COLUMN and there is a Series of data presented (i.e., multple columns per category value). The colors chosen for these bars are; RED, GREEN, etc. My client does not like the fact that we are presenting column(bar) charts with Red, Green bars. (Note: a fairly common form of color blindness among men Red/Green color blindness.) How can I control the selection of color for the bars. Oh, one more piece of the puzzle. These graphic datawindow objects are...

Powerbuilder Graph Types in 7.0.2, How do I change the color?
I have a requirement to produce stacked bar charts in specified colors. These chart update when the date is changed. I used a graph object gr_1 added to a window. I also used gr_1.SetSeriesStyle( series, Foreground!, color) and AddData to set the color and datapoints and this worked fine. However when I tried to remove the series gr_1.DeleteSeries(series) it crashed. In a test program this worked OK, so I think it is a memory allocation problem. I tried using a standard DataWindow of type graph and this is easy to set up. But I am unable to change the colors as I cannot find o...

How to change the color of a bar in a bar chart
 For the life of me, I can't find how to change the color of the bar in a bar chart. It seems like it would be a simple thing, but I can't find anything in the properties that seems to relate to it. I have a bar chart with subtype as "bar chart" -- i.e., just a bar for each data point, either positive or negative.  The positive should be blue; the negative red.  As it is now, the default color for positive is blue, for negative green, but management does not like that color combo. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance...Cynthia Hi,   I'm talking out of my hat a bit o...

Does PowerBuilder 9.0 support changing color of a bar in nested report?
Hi, I got an answer saying that in v11.0 or v11.5, it is possible to change the color of a bar in a bar graph of nested report, using SetDataColor() function call. Is that also possible for version 9? For PB10 SetDataColor() was introduced for Web ActiveX targets. I don't believe this was in PB9 and only applies to Web ActiveX. SetDataStyle() can be used for PB DWs. Regards, John <Jaemin Lee> wrote in message news:4910c36f.2a91.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > I got an answer saying that in v11.0 or v11.5, it is > possible to change the color of a...

How do I change colors of graph bars (IM 8.0/IM 10.0)
Dear all, I just created an IM graph report (colstacked 3D object) and tried to change the default BAR COLORS (red/green/blue) into my own color sample, didn't find a way besides changing text or background colors. Is there any way to customize them? Many thanks for your hint! Best regards Heike As far as I know, you can't. In PB you can use powerscript to change it, but not in IM. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <...

Web resources about - How change graph default bar color - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Credit default swap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sovereign credit default swap prices of selected European countries (2010-2011). The left axis is basis points, or 100ths of a percent; a level ...

INFOGRAPHIC: The History Of Facebook's Default Privacy Settings
INFOGRAPHIC: The History Of Facebook's Default Privacy Settings

Secure browsing by default
We now use https by default for all Facebook users. This feature, which we first introduced as an option two years ago , means that your browser ...

北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 和讯博客
北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 芬芳FENFANG的博客 - 和讯博客

Tab applications for musicians look to innovate after Facebook removes default landing function
... landing tabs. Most page applications have experienced significant drops in daily and monthly active users now that Facebook removed the default ...

Google AdWords Regional Targeting (Default for US) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Tamar Weinberg's photos on Flickr. Tamar Weinberg has uploaded 4087 photos to Flickr.

[3DS] Bravely Default: AR (English Subs) - YouTube
Turn on Annotations For Subs -May redo them as real CC subtitles- ★EDIT☆ ☆上から撮影した映像はこちら ★The top view video is here http://www.youtube.com/w ...

Default password leaves tens of thousands of Optus cable subscribers at risk
When Alex* found flaw in his cable modem that allowed anyone to receive and make calls using his number, his jaw dropped.

Mortgage default risk rising
Moody's says housing affordability has 'deteriorated significantly', increasing default risk.