Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help.

Blank
Hello folks,

How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows?
The situation as follows:

I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph)
presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object  (Excel
Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band.
I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External)
fields: anytext, anynumeric
values: first, 1
           first, 2
           first, 3
            second, 1
            second, 2
            second, 3
I mapped OLE data as follows
Group by: anytext
Target Data: anytext
                    avg(anynumeric for object)
I used the next properties of OLE container
Contents: Any/Embedded/Linked
DisplayType: Content/Icon
Activation: DoubleClick
LinkUpdate: Automatic

In preview mode/runtime I get the blank screen, but datawindow has a data.
I do nothing special with datawindow after retrieve on runtime (no
PowerScript).
Can you show me mistake in my settings?

I tried a different datasources (SQL select/ SP / External), different OLE
(Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) - I get the blank screen anyway
without any errors.

I know by heart the Help unit of "OLE objects and the OLE presentation
style".
I can't find necessary information in the Internet/newsgroups/forums - seems
like nobody do that or everyone has no problems with it.

Please help - suggestions/links for resources.

Win2k/PB 6.5.1/PB 80
I can send source of datawindow if you'll request.
________________
With best regards,
Alex Kash
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
Mail2:Alex_Kash@mail.ru

0
AlexBY
7/18/2002 7:33:01 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please don't cross-post
(follow-ups set to ole-ocx-activex)

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

"AlexBY" <alex_kash@mail.ru> wrote in message
> Blank
> Hello folks,
>
> How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows?
> The situation as follows:
>
> I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph)
> presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object  (Excel
> Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band.
> I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External)
> fields: anytext, anynumeric
> values: first, 1
>            first, 2
>            first, 3
>             second, 1
>             second, 2
>             second, 3
> I mapped OLE data as follows
> Group by: anytext
> Target Data: anytext
>                     avg(anynumeric for object)
> I used the next properties of OLE container
> Contents: Any/Embedded/Linked
> DisplayType: Content/Icon
> Activation: DoubleClick
> LinkUpdate: Automatic
>
> In preview mode/runtime I get the blank screen, but datawindow has a data.
> I do nothing special with datawindow after retrieve on runtime (no
> PowerScript).
> Can you show me mistake in my settings?
>
> I tried a different datasources (SQL select/ SP / External), different OLE
> (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) - I get the blank screen anyway
> without any errors.
>
> I know by heart the Help unit of "OLE objects and the OLE presentation
> style".
> I can't find necessary information in the Internet/newsgroups/forums -
seems
> like nobody do that or everyone has no problems with it.
>
> Please help - suggestions/links for resources.
>
> Win2k/PB 6.5.1/PB 80
> I can send source of datawindow if you'll request.
> ________________
> With best regards,
> Alex Kash
> *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
> Mail2:Alex_Kash@mail.ru

0
Simon

Datawindow as OLE (Microsoft Excel Chart) presentation style. Please help
BlankHello folks, I'm newbie in OLE. I need a datawindow of Microsoft Excel Chart presentation style. The datawindow is built on sp. At first I got the blank datawindow with created text labels, but datawindow had a data. (I had exported it into Excel worksheet.) When I removed text labels form datawindow, the datawindow stopped to retrieve data, I prompted with 'wrong number or type of arguments' message. What should I do for workable datawindow? Another one issue. How can I specify a series on 'Data' tab of datawindow properties. I have the next results...

Get data from ole object in ole datawindow
Could anybody tell me how to get data (like blob myblob = ole_1.objectdata) .But in my case is ole datawindow which has a column is ole object. I try to updateblob using data(bitmap in painbrush) from ole object in datawindow. Thanks. You don't need to use updateblob with ole column objects in datawindows, it is done automatically. Check out Table Blob objects in the online help for details (NB these are broken in builds of 7.0.2 after 8030, but mended in 7.0.3) S. -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL Tel 01904 481999 F...

OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1 with PFC. I'm trying to right Mail Merge like function in a system. Thus, we've to keep the merged document into history for later referece. I'm wondering the difference between OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object??? Can anyone give some ideas on the above and what is the usage of it?? On the other hand, I'm wondering whether I'm using the RTE dw object for mail merge and then save the whole content into a OLE Database blob column, or using OLE control to MS Word + using DDE to transfer the data to MS Word?? ...

OLE Object properties of type OLE Object
I have 2 ocx's, both of which have a property of type OLEObject. One object initializes this property, the other one then needs to use it. However I cannot make an assignment like this work : ole_2.Object.Session = ole_1.Object.Session Session is the property name of the type OLEObject property for both ocx's. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Ian Foutz ifoutz@kpmg.com ...

external datawindows, ole objects and a composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

Using OLE columns in a DataWindow object
Hello Everybody, I have a photo stored in sybase database('image' column type), I have to display multiple photos using datawindow, So I am using an 'OLE Database Blob' control. But am not able to display even a single photo. Any help Appreciated.. Regards, Harry ...

Question on using OLE objects in Datawindow???
? I cannot get 2 OLE m-soft word docs to print out correctly using a datawindow. Currently using pb6.5. Retrieve SQL is pulling names/address from temp table. i then want to pull in a letter m-soft document for the front of the page and print a rate sheet (another msoft word document) on the back. it will be printed on a duplexing printer. How do i get the rate sheet to force onto another page?? i tried setting up two groups and putting the name/address and letter in top group and rate doc in second group with a new page flag.. but i think i confused it.... jsulewski@fbmc-...

ole object in datawindow
Hi, I insert an ole control (activex) into a datawindow, but when I wan to access it's methods or properties it doesn't works.... how can I call methods/properties of my OLE control? the sintax that I use is dwindow.object.ole_1.object.inputfile= "c:\image.jpg" Thanks in advance and sorry for my english Sergi Spain. I use this method only. "Sergi" <sgilc@correu.gencat.es> wrote in message news:VroeBx$eCHA.196@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, I insert an ole control (activex) into a datawindow, but when I wan to > access it's met...

OLE object in DataWindow
Hi All, I've placed a OLE object in my DataWindow which inserted a OCX control into it .I want to let the user MOVE & RESIZE the object so I checked both Resizable and Moveable. But I found that I cannot Drag the object because the OCX control always on the TOP of my OLE control. I've try to put something(like TEXT) ont the TOP of it. It seems OK in the design mode but when I Preview the DataWindow or Run my program, the OCX control become TOP MOST again and ignore all the EVENTs like clicked, clicking, etc. One more problem is that I've try to change the X and...

Web resources about - Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help. - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Presentation High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 121°54′W  /  37.283°N 121.900°W  / 37.283; -121.900 Coordinates : 37°17′N 121°54′W  /  37.283°N 121.900°W  / 37.283; -121.900 Presentation ...

authorSTREAM App Brings PowerPoint Presentations To Facebook
PowerPoint presentations aren’t just for conference rooms anymore, as Facebook application authorSTREAM allows users to upload presentations ...

Presentation Shows Facebook Ad Product Roadmap: Page Metrics, Real Time Ads, No Banners
A document accidentally revealed by a Facebook advertising partner in Poland provides new details on the company’s ad product roadmap. The presentation ...

Lessonator: Create music slideshow presentations
Lessonator is a tool for creating beautiful music slideshow presentations on your Mac. It works like a mashup between Apple’s Keynote and Garageband, ...

Scripting News: Create a presentation in Fargo.
... move my whole act over there, but in the meantime, here's a pointer to my latest piece. http://dave.smallpict.com/2013/06/28/howToCreateAPresentationInFargo ...

12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing Presentation
Reading this blog article will take you only 12 minutes — 12 minutes to find out how to draft great presentations and to become a more effective ...

App Store - SlideShark: View & Share Presentations
Get SlideShark: View & Share Presentations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Chrome Beta v48 adds custom notification buttons, Presentation API support and more
... it some notable changes that will make developers' jobs much easier. New in the Chrome Beta version 48 update is support for the handy Presentation ...

Football Manager 2016 review: Presentation makes perfect
At one point it was all going smoothly. Inspired by Jurgen Klopp, my Liverpool team was playing a high-pressure, high-tempo game that even the ...

PowerPoint Presentation of the Darned
... PowerPoint deck from Jeb’s recent “Imma Tell My Mom, Dad and Big Brother You Were MEAN to Me” conference. There are 112 slides in the presentation. ...