compatibility w/ pb5

Hi,

W/c PowerDesignor module is compatible w/ the PowerBuilder .db files? I
tried DataArchitect but it uses .cdm & .cdb files.

I like to see how our old files look w/ PD6, especially the documentation
tools, like printing out the designs (w/c isn't available in PB5).

TIA,

Reggie

0
Reggie
6/19/1997 7:16:37 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I haven't take the wraps off of my PowerDesigner yet but in the 5.x version
..cdm and .pdm store the models.  To look at a .db you'll need to reverse
engineer.

BTW, it's inconsiderate to post the same question to more than one group.

--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC

Reggie <reggiehg@mnl.sequel.net> wrote in article
<01bc7c8b$250ae2a0$67646464@rsgdcrnd.sequel.net>...
> Hi,
>
> W/c PowerDesignor module is compatible w/ the PowerBuilder .db files? I
> tried DataArchitect but it uses .cdm & .cdb files.
>
> I like to see how our old files look w/ PD6, especially the documentation
> tools, like printing out the designs (w/c isn't available in PB5).
>
> TIA,
>
> Reggie

0
Jim

can i simply delete a w/s object? how about renaming a w/s object?
Rather than wait for a removal policy to remove imported w/s's, can I just delete the object myself? Question 2: After a w/s is imported, can I rename the object? Joedog, > Rather than wait for a removal policy to remove imported w/s's, can I just > delete the object myself? > Most certainly you can. Don't forget to set up a inventory sync schedule on the Zen inv object, this syncs the database with eDirectory, so that inventory information for the deleted workstation is removed. > Question 2: > After a w/s is imported, can I rename...

powerbuilder 6.5 connection compatibility w/oracle 8.1
does anyone know if i can use powerbuilder native driver: oracle 8.04 to connect to oracle 8.1? here are my versions: powerbuilder 6.5, build 444 oracle 8.1 pb native driver: oracle 8.04 The PB drivers are actually written to specific versions of the client layer, not so much to a particular version of a database. So, for example, I'm using the 7.3 driver to access an 8.0.5 database, because I have SQL*NET 2.3 on the clients (the version of SQL*NET that came with 7.3). So, provided you have a supported version of the client layer on the client, the version of the database sho...

regex excluding \w.\w\w\w.\w
I'm trying to figure out how to exclude upload files with 2 periods at the end (b/c of that virus which I forgot the name of, maybe nimba?) Anyhow, this is what I have but it doesn't work. When I try to submit with the double periods the test always results in false and never gives the error msg. if ($filename=~/(\w.\w\w\w.\w)$/) {error($q, "Invalid file name; files must only contain one period. Please push the back button on your browser and try again."); } -- ------------------------------- - Teresa Raymond - - Mariposa Net ...

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

application objects assoc w/ workstation object
I haven't been able to successfully distribute application objects to my workstations container. If I take the application object and associate it to a user, that works. Is there anything tricky about workstation objects accepting distributions. I've checked the Associations on both sides (i.e. app object and workstation object associations with apps), and nothing jumps out. I've also double-checked the Availability (i.e. 2000/XP/NT or greater). all machines have the latest agent installed. thanks for any insight. chris Are the Apps set to Force-Run? (Try not...

powerbuilder compatibility
Are executables generated with PB8 cleared for use with Windows 2003? Is there a "pb compatibility grid" with this information? Thanks, Doug PB 8 is not supported for Windows 2003. It doesn't mean it won't work. Dawn > Are executables generated with PB8 cleared for use with > Windows 2003? > > Is there a "pb compatibility grid" with this information? > > Thanks, > Doug > > Dawn, do you know if there is a "compatibility grid" that shows which pb executable has been cleared to run on which platform? ...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris hi, I'v tested it yet, i couldn't use it with the global/local external functions declarations method. It could be that some components need to be initialized first and global/local e...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Use the C...

\W and [\W]
Hi list, Can anyone enlighten me as to why \W behaves differently depending on wether it's inside or outside of a character class, for certain characters: This sample program: use encoding 'utf8'; $x =3D 'Gro=C3=9Fbritannien'; $\ =3D "\n"; print '1 ', $x =3D~ /(\W+)/; print '2 ', $x =3D~ /([\W]+)/; print '3 ', $x =3D~ /(\w+)/; ....prints: 1 2 =C3=9F 3 Gro=C3=9Fbritannien I do not understand why the Eszett matches [\W] in #2. Same behavior if I replace the Eszett with another, non ASCII, "letter", e.g. &...

Web resources about - compatibility w/ pb5 - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Astrological compatibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Love Test: Compatibility Calculator on the App Store on iTunes
Get A Love Test: Compatibility Calculator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Android Design in Action: Sleep Monitors and Backward Compatibility - YouTube
Join Nick Butcher, Adam Koch and Roman Nurik as they discuss various elements of Android Design. This week, we'll take a look at the sleep monitor ...

Is compatibility in the stars or your gut?
Is compatability in the stars or your gut? Compatibility; we’re obsessed with it. Does this job suit me? Does this apartment meet my needs? Does ...

E3: Xbox One to gain backwards compatibility
Older Xbox games to work with new console, Microsoft has announced at E3 2015 in Las Vegas.

Xbox One finally finds its feet with backwards compatibility, games-focused dashboard
... snappy video game system. On Friday Microsoft began rolling out the biggest software update yet to its Xbox One console, adding backwards compatibility ...

Apple unveils longer, thinner iPhone 5 with Australian 4G LTE compatibility
APPLE has unveiled a longer iPhone with a large 4-inch screen that will work on Australia's 4G LTE networks operated by Telstra and Optus.

Human frailty and masculinity: Mitch Clark shows their compatibility
Raw and unedited, this was a private hell made instantly public.

Sony brings backwards compatibility to PlayStation with Gaikai deal
First and third-party games to be streamed to hardware

Lego teases updated Mindstorms EV3 with new Linux firmware, infrared, and iOS compatibility
... that it will launch an updated Mindstorms EV 3 kit later this year that runs new Linux firmware with out-of-the box iOS and Android compatibility. ...