COM programming

Hi,
I'm allmost new in COM programming. An actuall excample for me to do
this would be MS Outlook. I found several excamples in visual basic. But
one thing I don't know how to make it with pb: how could I script some
code in events of a specific object, how would the object variable be
declared? Could somebody give me some help.

thanks in advance
jonny

0
Johannes
6/16/1998 9:27:36 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris hi, I'v tested it yet, i couldn't use it with the global/local external functions declarations method. It could be that some components need to be initialized first and global/local e...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Use the C...

Powerbuilder COM object
Hi All, I am using powrbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have following code in VB to call function from that DLL. Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim pbo As New PBCOM.CoMsg Dim ret As Integer ->ret = pbo.of_status(6) 'This line got error message End Sub Error message : Run Time Error 429 ActiveX component cant create object. Here is PB DLL detail: PB COM Server File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.dll Interface Definition File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.idl PB COM Server Type: In Process Server Object :uo_msg COM ClassName:CoMsg Program ID:PB60CO...

Powerbuilder 9, com object
Just wondering, Powerbuilder 9 COM object can be called from .net frame work? We would like to call powerbuilder-9 generated COM object from ASP.net and VB.net Sure. FWIW, it's nothing specific to PB9; you can do that with PB6/7/8 COM components as well. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) -- http://sdn.sybase.com <Mdesai> wrote in message news:8F3FB338EE88D2460015EBC885256CCC.0015EBEB85256CCC@webforums... > Just wondering, Powerbuilder 9 COM object can be called from .net frame > work? We would like to call power...

Referencing COM objects outside of powerbuilder
Can anyone please tell me how to reference COM objects outside powerbuilder. I am using PB 7.0. Thanks, Raj Use the ConnectToNewObject and GetAutomationNativePointer PowerScript methods. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Raj Pilla" <rajshekher_pilla@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9LpU#zodAHA.217@forums.sybase.com... > Can anyone please tell me how to reference COM objects outside powerbuilder. > I am using PB 7.0. > > Thanks, > > Raj > > ...

Use OLE COM Objects in PowerBuilder
Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do not know how to instanciate an object and use it's methods/properties in PB. Thank you in advance. Take a look at the CreateObject() function. Does that help? Regards Costas Tsaklas[Team Powersoft] Elevated Technologies, Inc. www.elevatedtech.com Bob Whelan wrote in message <3467BB57.599F4519@pin-corp.com>... >Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? >I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do no...

Returning OleObjects from a PowerBuilder COM object.
Hi, I have the following proble,: I'm trying to return a OleObject that is created in a COM Object (PB). Code PB Com object: OleObject lole Integer lerr lole = Create OleObject lerr = lole.ConnectToNewObject("pbobject.comobject") MessageBox("Com Error ", String(lerr)) Return lole When I call this function I get the MessageBox with error value 0 (all is ok) and than I get a GPF: PB60 caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 000de:0000013 Has any one managed to return OleObjects from PBCom objects? Thanks, ...

Tip Thread
Hi all, Just a few more tips to hopefully help my fellow developers save some valuable development time by avoiding some of the issues I've suffered through: OLE Automation Server Object Issues: As I've mentioned before in the Tip Thread - Creating COM Objects (Restatement), using OLE Automation Server (simply "Automation Server" in 7.0) is a great alternative to using the COM generator since with OLE Automation Server objects you be able to create COM objects from any PB NVO that contains non-private references to any PB specific datatypes, like PB NVO's, u...

Does powerbuilder support multiple interface com object?
Greetings, Anybody has any idea on this one? Is there any workaround for that? We need to interface our existing PB application developed on PB 7.03, win 2000 with GIS com object.. But the problem how to get the interface other than Idispatch in PB. Thanks Raman Chawla ...

Calling Functions in a C++ COM object from Powerbuilder
This is a question posed by Pepsi any help would be greatly appreciated. Rob Baker Powersoft Custom Support We have a COM object coded in C++ which supports some common functions among the Pepsi applications, such as security, single signon and exception handling. Because the number of funcitons we have to support in this object, it is partitioned to support mutiple interfaces. In the object, only the primary interface supports the IDispatch interface because of the current COM limitation, and all the rest of the interfaces only support the IUnknown interface. We now have...

Create a method in a COM Object Powerbuilder application
Hi all, In order to list PBL reports and insert items in a database, i need to create a COM Object in a vbScript. ex: Dim oPB Set oPB = creaobjet("PowerBuilder.Application") Then i need to create a method in that object and insert source code to list PBL informations with the function LibraryDirectory(). But i don't know how to create this method. Could you give me a little help. Thanks All PE "pe" <pe@versailles.iufm.fr> wrote in message news:42b14d3d$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all, > > In order to list PBL reports and insert ...

what about invoking the windows in com object building with powerbuilder
I am programming a com object with pb that encapsulating certain windows(the program was a application before,now is planned to encapsulate in com object).Those windows are programmed in a application . In the NVO class,I define a fuction that opens a window,for example open(w_main) and the w_main is blank.My problem is when the w_main's type is response,that's ok,otherwise,such as mdi,mdihelp,main etc.,errors occurs when invoking the com object fuction in vb .In addition,If I open other window(any type) in the w_main(reponse) in the same environment,that's ...

Does powerbuilder support multiple interface com object?
Greetings, Anybody has any idea on this one? Is there any workaround for that? We need to interface our existing PB application developed on PB 7.03, win 2000 with GIS com object.. But the problem how to get the interface other than Idispatch in PB. Thanks Raman Chawla ...

How to handle events from a COM object ( not ActiveX) in Powerbuilder
I need to catch the events fired from COM object in powerbuilder application. Object is initialized as following: ole_custom = Create OLEObject ole_custom.ConnectToNewObject("Custom.Custom.1") custom.dll is COM dll and fires event JobDone(string status) How I can get this working. Thanks It's explained a bit in Microsoft technote 238983. The particular example given is for Microsoft Office, but the approach is for any OLE Automation object http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238983 I...

Web resources about - COM programming - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Computer programming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer programming (often shortened to programming or coding ) is the process of designing , writing, testing , debugging , and maintaining ...

Apple’s Swift programming language is now open source
... is a big win for the developer community as it means Swift can now be setup to run on a server and many other use cases, bringing Apple programming ...

HLN Tries Yet Another Programming Strategy; CEO Exits Company
HLN is going through yet another change in its programming strategy. This time the Turner-owned network will give over part of its programming ...

Apple Open Sources The Swift Programming Language
Back in June at WWDC 2015 Apple surprised a number of people by announcing that they would be making their Swift programming language open source ...

Apple takes the Swift programming language open source
First promised back at WWDC in June , Apple has just taken its Swift programming language open source with the introduction of a new site – swift.org ...

Apple becomes open source champion with Swift programming language
... solutions, surprising many in those communities. Now, it is Apple's turn. Today, the company run by Tim Cook announces that its Swift programming ...

HBO vs Netflix: Who has the best original TV programming?
Not too long ago, TV fans only had to worry about keeping up with a few select shows at a time. Whether you were interested in staying up to ...

Why I like golang: a programming autobiography
Tried my hand at writing a story on Medium.

"Jon Dovey writes about how reality-TV programming affects the way we understand the very concepts of ...
"With the rise and dominance of reality television over the last twenty-five years comes the concomitant belief that humanity is knowable via ...