5.0.04 Powerbuilder/InfoMaker Maintenance Release Announcement for WINTEL platforms

5.0.04 Powerbuilder/InfoMaker Maintenance Release Announcement for
WINTEL platforms

Updated  April 10, 1998 10:25

If you are viewing this file in Wordpad, please use the word-wrap option

Thank you for choosing PowerBuilder or InfoMaker as your development
tool!

The 5.0.04 Powerbuilder/InfoMaker Maintenance Release for WINTEL is now
available for download through the maintenance page at:

https://support.sybase.com/plus-bin/esd?

Use this URL to navigate to the Electronic Software Distribution page
where you will see a link called:

PowerBuilder Maintenance Library (Windows) v5.0.04

Please review the Fixed504.nfo folio Infobase listing the items fixed or
enhanced in 5.0.04.  Also read the release notes file PBreadme.txt.

Section I:    Final 5.0 Maintenance Release statement
Section II:   General Information
Section III:  Known Issues with PowerBuilder 5.0.04
=====================================
Section I: Final 5.0 Maintenance Release statement
=====================================
Maintenance release 5.0.04 will be the last full maintenance release of
5.0.   There are over 500 bug fixes and enhancements in this release.
With this in mind, we urge customers to use the 5.0.04 maintenance
release in your current planning and projects with the intent of
migrating to 6.0 in the near future.   Below are a few typical questions
and answers.

Q:  What about bug fixes to 5.0.04?  We understand there will be NO
maintenance release version 5.0.05 but what if we need a critical fix
for 5.0.04?
A:  All inquiries for EBF (Emergency Bug Fixes) to 5.0.04 will be
handled on a case-by-case basis.  We expect very few EBFs to 5.0.04 and
customers will be urged to migrate to 6.0.  A written justification will
need to be submitted to Sybase for each case.

Q:  What if the bug is fixed in 6.0 and not in 5.0.04?
A:  We will not be backpatching anything from Powerbuilder 6.0.

Q:  If some code worked in 5.0.04 and after migration, no longer works
in 6.0, how will these cases be handled?
A:  This is the definition of a regression and these bugs have the
highest priority.   You have several options including web express or
call in to report the regression.

=====================================
Section II: General Information
=====================================
This maintenance release contains the WINTEL files only.   If you are a
subscriber to our list server, there will be an announcement at a later
date as to the availability of Unix and Mac maintenance releases for
5.0.04.

======================================
Section III: Known Issues with PowerBuilder 5.0.04
======================================
For free access to the technical bulletin infobase on the web (updated
daily), containing a current listing of reported bugs, resolutions and
enhancements in all Powersoft products use the Folio Web search engine
at:

http://info.sybase.com  (main page)

The query dialog URL:
http://info.sybase.com/cgi-bin/folioisa.dll/techbull.nfo/query=?realquerydlg

(Use the �Records w/Hits Only�checkbox so you only get records that
match your text search parameters).

This is the same infobase used internally by the Powersoft Tools
division.

(c) 1991-1998 Sybase, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved.
Sybase, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Sybase") claim copyright in this
Program and documentation as an unpublished work, versions of which were
first licensed on the date indicated in the foregoing notice. Claim of
copyright does not imply waiver of Sybase's other rights. See Notice of
Proprietary Rights.

NOTICE OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
This computer program and documentation are confidential trade secrets
and the property of Sybase, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Use, examination,
reproduction, copying, disassembly, decompilation, transfer and/or
disclosure to others, in whole or in part, are strictly prohibited
except with the express prior written consent of Sybase, Inc. and its
subsidiaries.
0
Stephen
4/13/1998 8:43:03 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Oracle 8.0.5 vs Powerbuilder 5.0.04
Hello People. I need Native database driver of PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to Oracle 8.0.5. Somebody know where i find this. There is only a beta OR8 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Sergio Augusto wrote in message ... >Hello People. > >I need Native database driver of PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to Oracle 8.0.5. > >Somebody know where i find this. > > > > ...

Oracle 8.0.5 with PowerBuilder 5.0.04 (16 bits)
I have a PB 5.0.04 in 16 bits and I try to connect on an Oracle 8.0.05 database on NT Server. I able to connect on this database with PB 5.0.04 in 32 bits with the driver OR8. But I don't able with the driver O73. The message is: "DBMS O73 is not supported in your current installation." I installed SQL*Net2.3.4.02 in client and I add the appropriate driver in PowerBuilder to connect with O73. The file PBO73050.DLL is placed c:\PWRS\SYS in PB 16 bits and is in my path. Does anyone know what is wrong? Thanks, Sylvie There are 32 and 16 bit flavors of SQL...

Groupwise 5.5 and 16 bit Powerbuilder 5.0.04
An application developed in 16 bit Powerbuilder 5.0.04 with functionality to send email through Groupwise 4 is not able to send email through Groupwise 5.5 ( message box stating "Can not log on to email program"). Is this a 16 bit vs 32 bit problem? Are there any fixes? Thanks Hi Ron, If Groupwise 5.5 is a 32 bit application then this will not work with a PB 5.0.4 16 bit application. This is not a PB issue but an operating system limitation. Pat Steinhardt Sybase Powerbuilder Product Support Ron Connors wrote: > An application developed in 16 bit P...

Web resources about - 5.0.04 Powerbuilder/InfoMaker Maintenance Release Announcement for WINTEL platforms - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles