ToolbarItemSpace not supported.

Doing my first attempt at converting an existing (PB8) app
to PB12.Net.
Got a couple tips from a friend, doing OK so far. Got
through the build, but the Deploy threw a few errors.
'Property "toolbaritemspace" of menu not supported.' is my
only unsupported feature. How do I 'not have' this property?
It appears to be inherent in the menu object
0
Kelley
8/10/2010 10:07:58 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There are a few of those types of messages.  as long as they're just
warnings, just ignore them.  Is this one causing the compile to fail?

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

<Kelley Willis> wrote in message news:4c61cdbe.b62.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Doing my first attempt at converting an existing (PB8) app
> to PB12.Net.
> Got a couple tips from a friend, doing OK so far. Got
> through the build, but the Deploy threw a few errors.
> 'Property "toolbaritemspace" of menu not supported.' is my
> only unsupported feature. How do I 'not have' this property?
> It appears to be inherent in the menu object

0
Terry
8/12/2010 10:13:35 PM
Yea, this was listed on the 'Errors' tab of the Deploy
results.

> There are a few of those types of messages.  as long as
> they're just  warnings, just ignore them.  Is this one
> causing the compile to fail?
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> <Kelley Willis> wrote in message
> > news:4c61cdbe.b62.1681692777@sybase.com... Doing my
> > first attempt at converting an existing (PB8) app to
> > PB12.Net. Got a couple tips from a friend, doing OK so
> > far. Got through the build, but the Deploy threw a few
> > errors. 'Property "toolbaritemspace" of menu not
> > supported.' is my only unsupported feature. How do I
> > 'not have' this property? It appears to be inherent in
> the menu object

0
Kelley
8/18/2010 10:20:09 PM
Hi Kelly,

Do you have any menu item names containing a hyphen? Dashes in
identifiers are not supported. Please check to see if you have any
menu separator items with dashes in their names.

The best practice recommendation is to go to PowerBuilder 12 Classic
first and make sure everything works then try a conversion to
PowerBuilder .NET from the PowerBuilder 12 Classic code. Let me know
if this doesn't resolve the issue.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

PowerBuilder Blog:
http://blogs.sybase.com/powerbuilder/

On 18 Aug 2010 15:20:09 -0700, Kelley Willis wrote:

>Yea, this was listed on the 'Errors' tab of the Deploy
>results.
>
>> There are a few of those types of messages.  as long as
>> they're just  warnings, just ignore them.  Is this one
>> causing the compile to fail?
>>
>> --
>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>> http://casexpress.sybase.com
>> product enhancement requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> <Kelley Willis> wrote in message
>> > news:4c61cdbe.b62.1681692777@sybase.com... Doing my
>> > first attempt at converting an existing (PB8) app to
>> > PB12.Net. Got a couple tips from a friend, doing OK so
>> > far. Got through the build, but the Deploy threw a few
>> > errors. 'Property "toolbaritemspace" of menu not
>> > supported.' is my only unsupported feature. How do I
>> > 'not have' this property? It appears to be inherent in
>> the menu object

0
Dave