Printing to PDF via WebForms

We have a PB 11.5 application deployed into WebForms that
works
fine on dev desktop pc's. When we try and get it running on
our
test and live servers we run into problems. We can't get the
print
to PDF functionality working. We have set up the "Sybase
DataWindow PS" and Ghostscript 8.71 given them the
permissions
that the documentation says it requires but no joy. We get
the a zero bytes PDF file. We get no error messages or any
indication
that there was a problem, in fact it is exactly the same
result
as if we don't have the "Sybase DataWindow PS" installed.
Any ideas? Thanks.
0
Brian
8/4/2010 5:43:25 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

  Hi Brian,

It sounds like either the ghostscript files aren't being found or there
is a permissions issue on the server. Does dw.saveas() return a good code?

You can check the archived webform newsgroup for lots of hits on
printing heartache.

hth,
Mark

On 8/4/2010 1:43 AM, Brian wrote:
> We have a PB 11.5 application deployed into WebForms that
> works
> fine on dev desktop pc's. When we try and get it running on
> our
> test and live servers we run into problems. We can't get the
> print
> to PDF functionality working. We have set up the "Sybase
> DataWindow PS" and Ghostscript 8.71 given them the
> permissions
> that the documentation says it requires but no joy. We get
> the a zero bytes PDF file. We get no error messages or any
> indication
> that there was a problem, in fact it is exactly the same
> result
> as if we don't have the "Sybase DataWindow PS" installed.
> Any ideas? Thanks.
0
Mark
8/4/2010 12:22:12 PM
Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply.
You were right, it was a permissions problem. It was clouded
by the fact the we could not read the machines registry
settings from within our application. Once we used a
registry.xml file, set the IIS back to defaults and
redeployed it worked. Not sure why we can't read the
registry, documentation says we should be able too, but we
are happy to use an xml file.

Brian
>   Hi Brian,
>
> It sounds like either the ghostscript files aren't being
> found or there  is a permissions issue on the server. Does
> dw.saveas() return a good code?
>
> You can check the archived webform newsgroup for lots of
> hits on  printing heartache.
>
> hth,
> Mark
>
> On 8/4/2010 1:43 AM, Brian wrote:
> > We have a PB 11.5 application deployed into WebForms
> > that works
> > fine on dev desktop pc's. When we try and get it running
> > on our
> > test and live servers we run into problems. We can't get
> > the print
> > to PDF functionality working. We have set up the "Sybase
> > DataWindow PS" and Ghostscript 8.71 given them the
> > permissions
> > that the documentation says it requires but no joy. We
> > get the a zero bytes PDF file. We get no error messages
> > or any indication
> > that there was a problem, in fact it is exactly the same
> > result
> > as if we don't have the "Sybase DataWindow PS"
> > installed. Any ideas? Thanks.
0
Brian

Printing .doc or pdf file from ASP.Net webform.
Hi Friends, In my ASP.Net webform, I want to give the printing functionality.I am using ASP.Net 2.0.I want a webform, in which I will have a button 'Print' by clicking which, a .pdf file or .doc file should get printed silently. does any one have source code for this one...?  Moreover, the problem is, I have a shared netowork printer installed on my pc and when I use System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings.InstalledPrinters, It does not list it, It simply fails to locate the installed network printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Bihag Thaker ...

webform print to pdf creates a blank .pdf
I have a webform app with a datawindow that prints or calls a saveas (pdf!), either way the file is created but a blank pdf! is created. I don't think its the ghost script .dlls because if I disable the security to the ghost script .dlls, the print or saveas fails. Is there some other piece I'm could be missing? Using pb11.0 6525 on an XP machine with IIS5 runing I had this happen to me and I *think* it may have been due to my modifying the driver that I defined for Sybase DataWindow PS printer to a driver that was in a path not accessible by ASPNET user under ...

Printing via PDF
I have a WebDataWindow that I need to print. Is there a way to print this WDW to the clients default printer or even save it to their hard-drive? I have installed the ghostscript and am still unable to print the file. Of course it could be my machine. Please help AIM: jpendarvis E-Mail: jpendarvis@msn.com Essentially you hvave to generate the PDF server side and then redirect the browser to that file. Then the Acrobat ActiveX takes over and should be able to print to the local printer. Due to security restrictions, web applications can't really access client devices (fi...

Print PDF in powerbuilder
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file in powerbuilder? I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button cb_button, so that the pdf file will print automatically when i click the button cb_button. Thank You ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Get the printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com to print to PDF from PB "Sunny" <stupidlai@hongkong.com> wrote in message news:0#lVYT41AHA.302@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file i...

Printing to PDF from Powerbuilder
Does anyone know how I would go about printing a file from Powerbuilder to PDF? Are there plugins required, does Powerbuilder allow something like this? Thanks. >>Does anyone know how I would go about printing a file from Powerbuilder to PDF? Are there plugins required, does Powerbuilder allow something like this? << You can load either Amyuni's PDFConverter printer driver or Adobe's PDFWriter printer driver and just use the usual print mechanisms (e.g. dw.Print()). If you don't want to be prompted to specify the .pdf filename, then you can set th...

ANN: Gnostice PDFOne .NET v3.01 released
We are happy to announce the immediate availability of PDFOne .NET v3.01. PDFOne .NET v3.01 includes important enhancements for deployment on 64-bit and 32-bit environments using a single set of PDFOne .NET assemblies. v3.01 also includes enhanced fault tolerance for reading PDF files and other fixes and optimizations. v3.01 is a free update to all current customers of PDFOne .NET 3.0 and the download is available through the registered downloads area on the Gnostice website. To view the full list of enhancements and fixes in PDFOne .NET 3.01, please go to: http://www.gnostice.co...

Printing a WebForm from ASP.NET
Some body can help me, i`m develop an application and i dont kno how i can print the information of a web form, i know print the page using Jscript but it doesn`t work for me. i try to use the PrintDialog de WindowsForms but at time to call printdialog.showdialog() the page sendme a error. or if you have a component free with out licences, please let me know. thank in advance. I hate cross posters. Here is your answer on your other thread: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=531603-- Justin Lovell...

Pdf printing in ASP.net ?
I have developed a website in visual studio 2005 using vb.net In my Website I want to place a print button so that The print button must Generate a relative pdf output of the current Webpage so that the user can print it without any problems How can i acheive this Without thirdparty tools ? Any suggestions/solutions are apreciated thank youFred--Thats what my buddies call me Mark this as Answer, if this reply answers your post Google search: "open source PDF asp.net"~ Timing is Everything! ~ Another recommendation: http://forums.asp.net/p/894540/960691.aspx~ Timing is...

Print a pdf file in powerbuilder
Hello How to print a pdf filein powerbuilder? I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button cb_button, so that the document will print automatically when i click the button cb_button. Thank You Very Much!!! ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp To be able to print to PDF you need to have Adobe Acrobat PDFWriter installed on your machine. To make it easier to implement printing to PDF you can get the printer utility for PB apps from www.powerwhizz.com. They provide you with the source-code that...

how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder
hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin Hello, This newsgroup is for Open Client, Open Server and SDK. You might want to post your question to one of the PowerBuilder newsgroups: http://www.sybase.com/detail_list_multi/1,6902,11507,00.html?dynamic_query_yn=N&dropdown_product=1248 Maybe this one would be best: news://forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general Gino Lin wrote: > hello: > > how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? > I read online help but ...

Printing PDF from ASP.NET
Hi Friends, I am facing an uphill task in my project(ASP.NET + C#). I have certain PDF files located on the server. In a web form the names of the PDF files are displayed. The requirement is to check on the name of the PDF and click the button Print. This should siltently download and print the data for the PDF file on the server. An example of this requirement can be seen at this URL http://www.dbautotrack.com/demo/WebDemoDR.aspx Please click on the print button and it download the entire data sitently and invokes a Printer dialog box. can anyone suggest me the solution of how to ...

PDF printing has blank PDF page after every printed page.
Hi, We are using Power Builder 9 for our application in the Windows 2003 server and Adobe 8 for PDF printing. One the functions is to save the datawindow as PDF. Once the PDF file is generated we could see that it produces a blank PDF between every printed page. We adjusted the Adobe page setting to Letter but that did not help. also corrected the margin setting of the datawindow which did not provide any resolution. Has anyone faced a similar issue and if yes can you please let me know the resolution ? Thanks. Sathya; What version of PB 9 are you using? FYI: In PB9.0....

Print PDF in asp.net
Hi, I want to select a printer & print pdf on it using .net framework. I want to automate print command in pdf in short. Are there any readymade APIs available for this automation? Does anybody have any idea? Thanks Neeraj Hi, Check out the website of Tall PDF.NET, which allows you to generate PDF files on the fly. Visit their website at http://www.tallcomponents.com/ Also check out the iTextSharp project at http://itextsharp.sourceforge.net/ (free project). Hi, Check out the website of Tall PDF.NET, which allows you to generate PDF files on the fly. Vi...

how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ?
hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin If you are using powerbuilder 9, you will need to download and install ghostscript. Once you get that install, you should be able to print pdf files. But if you already have Adobe Distiller, you might be able to just print to distiller. try PrintSetup() to setup the distiller printer, then print the datawindow. HTH James "Gino Lin" <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3FA5E586.113733CC@hotmail.com... > hello: &...

Web resources about - Printing to PDF via WebForms - sybase.powerbuilder.net

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Gelato Group Is Here To Democratize The World of Printing
... winning the Oslo Innovation Award 2015, we sat down with Henrik Müller-Hansen, Founder and CEO of Gelato Group. What Does Democratizing Printing ...

Apple Looks to Bring Multiple Colors to 3-D Printing with Patent Filing
... of an application by Apple ( AAPL ) for a 3-D Printer technology. The application for “systems, computer readable media, and methods for printing ...

Baker to inquire about report ISIS printing passports
... for Syrian refugees entering the U.S., says he "certainly" will ask federal officials about an ABC News report indicating ISIS has been printing ...

3D printing helps give badly burned boy a new nose
After tragic accident, teen getting second chance at normal life thanks to new facial reconstructive surgery technology

How does Jay Leno get parts for his one-of-a-kind concept car? 3D printing, of course
The former talk-show host and massive car geek relies on new manufacturing techniques to provide parts you can't just pick up on Alibaba.

3D printing can recreate your vascular system for pre-op practice
... technology. With that in mind, physicians and researchers in Buffalo have worked with 3D printer maker Stratasys to develop a method of printing ...

3D printing files for guns are illegal in an Australian state
The Australian state of New South Wales has made it illegal to possess the blueprints necessary to make your own projectile weapons. Lawmakers ...

Sketch Life-Sized Objects With Sticky Tape Tubes Using This 3-D Printing Gun
Use the Protopiper to see if that new couch will really fit in your apartment. You won't need measuring tape. Imagine being able to sketch out ...

Is ISIS printing fake Syrian passports?
Is ISIS printing fake Syrian passports?