PBTrimCharColumns

I have a PB11.5 app. using OLEDb to MS SQL server being
migrated to PB12.0 classic.

Character values are not being trimmed after setting
PBTrimCharColumns='YES' under [Microsoft SQL Server] in the
pbodb120.ini file.

Is setting the pbodb120.ini file an appropriate why to trim
characters?
Thanks.
0
Chad
8/9/2010 4:06:18 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Adding PBTrimCharColumns='Yes' to DBParm resolved issue.

> I have a PB11.5 app. using OLEDb to MS SQL server being
> migrated to PB12.0 classic.
>
> Character values are not being trimmed after setting
> PBTrimCharColumns='YES' under [Microsoft SQL Server] in
> the pbodb120.ini file.
>
> Is setting the pbodb120.ini file an appropriate why to
> trim characters?
> Thanks.
0
Chad

Some plan for a .NET Pocket Powerbuilder? And for a .NET Compact DataWindow?
Jim O'Neal of Team Sybase respond to my request on DW.Net newsgroup that there is no plan for DataWindow.Net for Compact .Net Framework. Datawindow.Net is still unmanaged code and .Net Compact Framwork does not support unmanaged code. PocketPowerBuilder is for Pocket PC. I woner why would I care for its .Net version! Datawindow (not DW.Net) of Pocket PB works on Pocket PC with Pocket PowerBuilder. Regards. ...

Sample program using powerbuilder .net and asp.net
Hai, I am beginner in pb.net . So please can you provide me a sample program using powerbuilder web application with asp.net. with thanks and regards POLACHAN PAILY ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Part of the point of WebForms (and WinForms) is that you can deploy any application to these targets without recoding. So, for a sample app, take any sample that comes with PB. <g> No special coding required. Of course, you have to make sure your app isn't dependent on unsupported features. Good...

PowerBuilder . NET
What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ? Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ?? Thanks Nestor wrote: > What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ? > > Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ?? > > Thanks > > MSIL. -- Roy It means I will be able to use assemblies written in any MSIL compliant language in PB and vice versa? Leon Habinsky. "Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in message news:41855a69$1@forums-2-dub... > Nestor wrote: > > ...

PowerBuilder.Net
I have mentioned this idea a couple of times but have not heard from any Sybase employees. I think that instead of spending a bunch of time and money adding .Net deployment to PowerBuilder they should instead create a brand new product called PowerBuilder.Net. PowerBuilder.Net would be a native .Net language that combined the best features of PowerBuilder ( DataWindow, the way inheritance works, etc ) with the .Net framework. Being able to reuse existing PB code in the new product isn't as important as being able to reuse developer knowledge. Allot of companies are c...

PowerBuilder.NET
What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ? Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ?? Thanks You should ask this over in the powerbuilder.future_directions section, not a PocketBuilder section. On 31 Oct 2004 04:05:31 -0700, "Nestor" <nesfree@hotmail.com> wrote: >What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ? > >Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ?? > >Thanks > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Two 3rd party books on develo...

Powerbuilder or .Net
I have an old application that was written in Power++ (C++ tool with datawindows) It appears that the newer versions of Sybase SQL Anywhere may not be compatable with this old datawindow. The question is if i need to replace this application would it be better to use .NET or Powerbuilder. I know C++ and have never used Powerbuilder. My application uses several hundred datawindows so I was guessing that Powerbuilder may be an easier port. How difficult is it to learn Powerbuilder? Thanks TPS Option #1... Look at Datawindow.Net to port datawindows into a C# Framework. Datawin...

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

PowerBuilder and .NET communication
I need to write an encryption/decryption routine in the .NET application (using C#). I will create a C# class with Encrypt and Decrypt methods in it. My PowerBuilder application should be able to access the same encryption/decryption methods. Could you tell me if there is a way for PB app to execute a method from a .NET object? Can I do it through PBNI? If it's possible, could you give me an example of how to do this? I don't have any experience with PBNI. Thanks in advance. It's probably simpler to expose your .NET class as a COM component, which you can access vi...

NET SEND
Is there any way to execute the NET SEND NT command through PowerBuilder? If so, how? Is there a more elegant way of doing this? I need something that I can execute so that I can let my users know to log out of my application when changes to the executable are required. Thanks, Charles Sustek csustek@acep.org Look into the NetMessageBufferSend API and related functions. Note that this API uses Unicode strings. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Charles Sustek" <csustek@acep.org> wrote in message news:Pv6hk...

Powerbuilder -- .NET Assembly
All, I have been struggling with PBNI on a project and am wondering if there might be an easier way to solve my problem. In the past our PB apps used DDE to receive instructions (mostly logon/logoff). We are required to use a different method of communication and one of them is an ActiveXControlLib.dll (a .Net assembly generated from a an ActiveX control). In C# communication with this dll is quite simple but for the life of me I am stuck as to how it can be done in Powerbuilder short of using PBNI (I know next to nothing about C++). Do I have any other options? Thanks muc...

.NET PowerBuilder Support
When does Sybase plan to support .NET objects in PowerBuilder? We already use PowerBuilder 7 to create COM objects and have successfully deployed them on MTS and called the COM object functions from ASP pages. As a software vendor of library information systems our clients aren't interested in purchasing Jaguar when they can run our web applications on Microsoft's IIS/MTS for free. We are planning for the next generation of our web products and have a dilemma. We have already invested 5 years into writting PowerBuilder C/S Windows and ASP/PB COM web applications. I...

Javascript for PowerBuilder.NET
Hi I am using PowerBuilder 11 .NET I want to know What is the equivalent for dw_1.SetItem & dw_1.GetItem in JavaScripti have dw_1 that has 3 columns and 4 rows___________________________________________                  dw_1___________________________________________        COL_1     COL_2     COL_3ROW 1 :   2         4         AROW 2 :&nb...

Powerbuilder .Net compatibility
I am notsure if I am in the correct newsgroup. I have heard that PB11 is .Net compatible. What does that mean? We have an application uild in PB 9, how difficult is the conversion to PB11? Can an application converted from PB9 to PB11 be opened in Visual Studio? If the application is opened in Visual Studio, wll this look like C# to a C# developer and PB developer? What would the same program look like when open with PB developer tools? PowerBuilder 11 can compile your existing PowerBuilder applications to ..NET assemblies (as Windows Form, Web Forms, standalone assemblies, or Web S...

PowerBuilder 11.Net
All; FYI ... Looks like the latest release of PB 11 seems to finally work with PowerDesigner 12.x (12.1 in my case) instead of only PD 10.x. This should make Dave Dichmann happy <lol>! So for you adventuresome testers out there with PB 11 and PD 12.x, please try and make some QA time to test drive this new symbiotic relationship <bg>. If you do not have PB 11.Net but would like to join the PB 11.Net Beta program, please follow this link: http://response.sybase.com/forms/ITSG06MayPowerBuilder110Beta Regards .. Chris Thanks for the update!!! I kno...

Web resources about - PBTrimCharColumns - sybase.powerbuilder.net