PB .net C# error

I am trying to convert my PB application to a PB web app
(PB12). I have gotten the following error (CS0111) when
trying to deploy it:

Error when compiling generated C# code:
bb_nv_dodatastore_svc.bb_set_vars(48,36): error CS0111: Type
'c__bb_nv_dodatastore_svc' already defines a member called
'funretrieveservice_5_48724524_1039198331' with the same
parameter types
bb_nv_dosecurity_svc.bb_set_vars(62,36): error CS0111: Type
'c__bb_nv_dosecurity_svc' already defines a member called
'funcolumnsecurity_3_989716314_65464153' with the same
parameter types
bb_uo_dbload_service.uo_cbtn.bb_set_vars(3,46): error
CS0111: Type 'c__bb_uo_dbload_service.c__uo_cbtn' already
defines a member called 'bb_set_vars' with the same
parameter types
bb_uo_filterbox.dw_box.bb_retrieve_dddw(3,46): error CS0111:
Type 'c__bb_uo_filterbox.c__dw_box' already defines a member
called 'bb_retrieve_dddw' with the same parameter types
bb_uo_filterbox.dw_box.bb_retrieve_wargs(3,46): error
CS0111: Type 'c__bb_uo_filterbox.c__dw_box' already defines
a member called 'bb_retrieve_wargs' with the same parameter
types
bb_uo_filterbox.dw_box.bb_set_service_vars(3,46): error
CS0111: Type 'c__bb_uo_filterbox.c__dw_box' already defines
a member called 'bb_set_service_vars' with the same
parameter types
bb_uo_filterbox.dw_box.buttonclicked(4,46): error CS0111:
Type 'c__bb_uo_filterbox.c__dw_box' already defines a member
called 'buttonclicked' with the same parameter types
uo_gift_list.dw_list.bb_set_vars(3,46): error CS0111: Type
'c__uo_gift_list.c__dw_list' already defines a member called
'bb_set_vars' with the same parameter types
uo_gift_list.dw_list.bb_retrieve_wargs(3,46): error CS0111:
Type 'c__uo_gift_list.c__dw_list' already defines a member
called 'bb_retrieve_wargs' with the same parameter types
uo_gift_list.dw_list.bb_modify_uo(3,46): error CS0111: Type
'c__uo_gift_list.c__dw_list' already defines a member called
'bb_modify_uo' with the same parameter types

How can I correct these errors. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi
0
Ravi
8/13/2010 1:29:14 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

One of the things I've seen during migrations is that older versions of PB
allowed code "artifacts" to remain in the PBL, even though they weren't used
or able to be seen from within the IDE.  PB never complained about this, and
it's a difficult thing to recreate in a lab, so the engineers never knew
they had to fix it during the migration phase...

Start PB, and do an Edit Source on one of these objects.  I'll bet you'll
find a declaration for the function in question in both the descendent and
its ancestor classes.  This is in your code, because at some point in the
past, you probably had the function defined in the descendent, then
refactored the code into a common ancestor, but left the declaration in the
descendent.  C# doesn't like this...

You fix it by deleting the function/event declaration from the descendent -
either through the IDE or using Edit Source.

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

<Ravi Joshi> wrote in message news:4c6548aa.5e20.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I am trying to convert my PB application to a PB web app
> (PB12). I have gotten the following error (CS0111) when
> trying to deploy it:
>
> Error when compiling generated C# code:
> bb_nv_dodatastore_svc.bb_set_vars(48,36): error CS0111: Type
> 'c__bb_nv_dodatastore_svc' already defines a member called
> 'funretrieveservice_5_48724524_1039198331' with the same
> parameter types
> bb_nv_dosecurity_svc.bb_set_vars(62,36): error CS0111: Type
> 'c__bb_nv_dosecurity_svc' already defines a member called
> 'funcolumnsecurity_3_989716314_65464153' with the same
> parameter types
> bb_uo_dbload_service.uo_cbtn.bb_set_vars(3,46): error
> CS0111: Type 'c__bb_uo_dbload_service.c__uo_cbtn' already
> defines a member called 'bb_set_vars' with the same
> parameter types
> bb_uo_filterbox.dw_box.bb_retrieve_dddw(3,46): error CS0111:
> Type 'c__bb_uo_filterbox.c__dw_box' already defines a member
> called 'bb_retrieve_dddw' with the same parameter types
> bb_uo_filterbox.dw_box.bb_retrieve_wargs(3,46): error
> CS0111: Type 'c__bb_uo_filterbox.c__dw_box' already defines
> a member called 'bb_retrieve_wargs' with the same parameter
> types
> bb_uo_filterbox.dw_box.bb_set_service_vars(3,46): error
> CS0111: Type 'c__bb_uo_filterbox.c__dw_box' already defines
> a member called 'bb_set_service_vars' with the same
> parameter types
> bb_uo_filterbox.dw_box.buttonclicked(4,46): error CS0111:
> Type 'c__bb_uo_filterbox.c__dw_box' already defines a member
> called 'buttonclicked' with the same parameter types
> uo_gift_list.dw_list.bb_set_vars(3,46): error CS0111: Type
> 'c__uo_gift_list.c__dw_list' already defines a member called
> 'bb_set_vars' with the same parameter types
> uo_gift_list.dw_list.bb_retrieve_wargs(3,46): error CS0111:
> Type 'c__uo_gift_list.c__dw_list' already defines a member
> called 'bb_retrieve_wargs' with the same parameter types
> uo_gift_list.dw_list.bb_modify_uo(3,46): error CS0111: Type
> 'c__uo_gift_list.c__dw_list' already defines a member called
> 'bb_modify_uo' with the same parameter types
>
> How can I correct these errors. Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Ravi

0
Paul

Hi  My requirement is I hav one csv file with these fields id,mobilenum,messgae,status.intiallu staus is 0. once i read the all fileds and take that mobile number.using tat mobile number  i need to send sms .after sending sms i shuld change status as 1 How to send sms thru coding (please dont provide any links.if it is provide also please give working links becox i checked codeproject .i didnt get any nice link. and also provide the how to update the status field im csv file   Thank ssandhya   To send SMS, you need some third party SMS providers. if you consult them, they will give either an URL or thery will expose some webmethod to send SMS. then in your code, But they will charge for that.  when you call that method  or   response.redirect("that given URL"), then an sms will go.Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever. Hello Sandhya, Please check out the links: http://www.gotocode.com/art.asp?art_id=66 http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/SendingSMS.aspx  Regards,Ahmed***************************************************Please don't forget to mark the post as Answer, which helps you.Thank you.www.ahmadtasnim.com Hi,  We have done a similiar implementation in one of the projects. You wont be able to find any built in class for the same in .net ( you may like to have a look at the micorosft exchange server). Rather you will have ...

All-- Here is a sample that is "off the beaten path", (at least for me). Is it possible, in an ASP.NET application, using the code-behind page building technique, to have both pages written in VB.NET and pages written C#.NET?At http://www.WebLogicArts.com/DemoList.aspx there is a sample that shows that, (contrary to popular belief), it IS possible to mix ASP.NET pages built with C#.NET with ASP.NET pages built with VB.NET in the same VS.NET 2003 project. Note that this is just a "fun" sample to see if it can be done and I do not recommend this practice as a "standard" way of developing. The trick is to use the "Src" attribute of the @Page directive. Check out the link if you are inclined. You are welcome to download the code if you are interested further, found at the same link. (Note that the reason that I looked for a way to do this is because I wanted to have the option to include some VB.NET-based demos at my site. Since my site is a C#.NET ASP.NET, I was told that there was no want to do this. Therefore, I looked for a workaround and just happened to find one.) Enjoy (and then get back to work!) http://www.NetBrainer.com you are right !!!mixing languages could cause unknow and uncontrolled problems !!! if a developer has to mix ....the practical way is to create a new project with different language and what will be absolutely fine !!!thanks mkamoski for raising this issue !!Fadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchisi...

Diffrence Between ASP.NET , VB.NET and C#.NET
please give me the explanation of diffrence b'n asp.net and vb.net is in asp.net there is no code behind file exist?  C# and VB.Net it the langauge you use to create your app.. (The code you write is either VB.Net or C#) ASP.Net is the Web framework to build web applications and ASP.Net have Web Forms, a Web Form is the .aspx file that represents a page/view. A Web Form can have a code-behind file where you put your code (written with VB.Net or C#)./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

Strange temp folder created by .NET is giving me errors. It is in the directory-->C:\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v.2.050727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\mySite.com\f40a2335
 I am working on a Visual Studio 2005 project. It is giving me a compiler error for a C# file.The problem is that this C# file isn't in my project directory. Instead The C# file is in the following directory, Which somehow looks like it was created by the system. C:\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v.2.050727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\mySite.com\f40a2335   So what is the significance of this .NET generated folder, and why am I getting compiler errors for code in that folder?   Note that my project is in Inetpub\wwwroot\mySite.com What is the error your are getting? Please when pos...

Tutorial 1: c#, f.y.i.: errors in the first ASP.NET MVC tutorial ... Creating a Movie Database Application with ASP.NET MVC (C#)
Creating a Movie Database Application with ASP.NET MVC (C#)   http://www.asp.net/learn/mvc/tutorial-21-cs.aspx Error 1 The type or namespace name 'MoviesDBEntities' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)            C:\ ...  \Controllers\HomeController.cs 13 17 MovieApp  Solution:       add                    &nbs...

C# .Net conversion to C# ASP.Net
Hey guys!, Can someone show me what needs to be done to convert the following code to ASP.NET? Thanks for any help!   {         string bytesString = "string";          Console.WriteLine("{0} bytes",bytesString);         ulong  bytes = UInt64.Parse(bytesString);         string mb = ConvertToMegabytes(bytes);         string gb = ConvertToGigabytes(bytes); &nbs...

Difference between ASP.net with VB.net and Asp.net with C#
Can any one suggest me some links which will help me to get the differences between using "ASP.net with VB.net" and "Asp.net with C#" More precisely to say, it should be the differences between VB.NET and C# language. Article : Complete Comparisons for VB.NET and C# [codeproject]Hope it helps..Alvin ChooiMicrosoft ASP.NET™ Enthusiast v1.1 / v2.0, Malaysia Blog : http://alvinzc.blogspot.com it is correct that there is a difference but in general.... The difference is behind the code syntax and in general we say add sime-colon for each line and bracec instead of Begin and End ... for VB co...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

How to tell boss what is ASP.NET, VB.NET and C#.NET?
My boss do not know how to program. How to tell boss what is ASP.NET, VB.NET and C#.NET? Wikipedia does a pretty good job at simplifying what it does: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asp.net  Hypercasting™ - Turning the internet into a retail tool. www.muddhypercasting.com...

Windows Principle security working in C#.NET Windows application, but not on ASP.NET Web Application with C#.NET as code behind
AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetPrincipalPolicy(PrincipalPolicy.WindowsPrincipal); WindowsPrincipal usrPrincipal = (WindowsPrincipal)Thread.CurrentPrincipal; WindowsIdentity usrIdentity = (WindowsIdentity)usrPrincipal.Identity; String usrPrincipalName = usrPrincipal.Identity.Name; String usrPrincipalType = usrPrincipal.Identity.AuthenticationType; String usrPrincipalAuth = usrPrincipal.Identity.IsAuthenticated.ToString()   Can you check why this code is not working in Web application, however it is working in Windows application  Is it crashing at runtime? Not compiling? What...

ERROR Number 28: OUT OF STACK SPACE USing ASP.NET and C#.NET
HI, i am using ASP.NET with C#, when i was running the application i am getting RUN TIME ERROR 28: OUT OF STACK SPACE. is there any way to increse the stack size in ASP.NET and C#.i have tried so many ways but i didnt get any info regarding that issue. if u find any solution to solve this error plz let me know  ASAP. Thanks-    stack space is like a virtual memory area.You should never need to increase it ( I'm not sure where you would )If you are getting stack space errors, it usually means your code has caused a infinite loop.check you code for looping p...

ok I used a cool utility at http://www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx to convert some c#.net to vb.net and it spit out a bunch of code which almost works but I am getting a syntax error on this line Imports (StreamReader sr = Shadows Function)() As StreamReader(objResponse.GetResponseStream()) I tried it that way and also like Imports (StreamReader sr = Shadows Function)() As StreamReader(objResponse.GetResponseStream()) but either way gave the same error Compiler Error Message: BC30035: Syntax error. Source Error: Line 26: Line 27: Dim objResponse As HttpWebResponse = CType(objRequest.GetResponse(), HttpWebResponse) Line 28: Imports (sr = Line 29: Shadows Function)() As StreamReader(objResponse.GetResponseStream()) Line 30: result = sr.ReadToEnd() here is the orginal post with all of the source in both c#.net and vb.net http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=546706 I just ask you, what for? why do you need to convert a c# into vb if you can use both in a .net application?Best Regards, Thomas Crown. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. "If Debugging is harder than writing a program and your code is as good as you can possibly make it, then by definition you're not smart enough to debug it." That was changed from a "using (...) { }" statement. What was the C# code? That was defini...

IT tests. XML, ASP.NET, HTML, C, C++, C#, VB.NET, SQL...
http://www.testyourabilities.com/it/ IT tests. XML, ASP.NET, HTML, C, C++, C#, VB.NET, SQL... ...

vb .net or c# .net

ASP.NET and C#.net
Hello all, I have few basic question like these. 1. How C# is differ from C#.NET? 2. How ASP.NET is diffrent from window application? 3. If we code in VB then why we call it VB.NET? Why we don't call it ASP.NET with VB like ASP.NET with C#. 4. C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET are the part of .NET framework. Could anyone give a structure of this, like in same manner of ADO.NET. arvindharitus 1. C# and C#.Net (Never heard anyone saying C#.Net), but they are the same. 2. ASP.Net is used to craete web application that should run on a web server, while Windows app is norma...

Asp.net with c#.net
hi, I am going to do the  project in asp with c#..what is the code that i have to write..  two text boxes ... one is user name other password if both correct go to next page by pressing button..otherwise display wrong password entered ... help me to do the project... You can use a CompareValidator control: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.comparevalidator.aspx With the CompareValidator control you can compare a value between two controls and make sure they are valid, if not you will get an error message and not postback will ta...

Vp.Net or C#.net
Has anyone Created a site with Vb.net or C# can be seen on Internet . i'd like to learn one of them !? which one would you suggest? With one is better Vb.net or C# ? thanks Ali Darabian Ah... another person joins the great debate... what about J#? ;) It's a personal choice... depends on your background, on where you are working, etc. My choice is C#.Jason Wyckoff This is the way I look at them: VB.Net and C# are the same thing!?! <=> Have I just sad same???? No they are not same, but... there's again someting.... Do you see the point now. Both are ...

VB.Net To C#.Net

C#.NET or VB.NET

ASP.NET Mobile
Hello personal gear as I would like to correct this error in ASP.NET MOBILE   Application Server Error in '/ VS2005/NET2.0/AspNetMobile/objectlistbind'. -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Invalid posted date for current ObjectList ViewMode. (The ObjectList may have been databound on postback during Page_Load, resetting the ViewMode. Call DataBind in Page_Load only if IsPostBack is false.) Description: There was an exception untreated during the implementation of the current web request Examine the tracking of battery for more inform...

online Projects ? ( asp.net(c#),VB.net,MSSQL,ADO.net)
Could someone please suggest where I can get projects online ?Projects based on asp.ent ( c#),VB,net,MSSQL,ADO.net.any help is greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if you meant projects as in jobs, so I've approved this thread here instead of the Jobs forum. If that's what you really meant, please repost in the Jobs forum. You can see download such projects at places like GotDotNet, CodePlex, and CSharp Open Source Directory.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question yes, i meant projects as in jobs. I am a newbie so wanted to ...

What is the relation between Asp.net, C#.net ,ADO.net, SQL in web Building
Dear Developers Hi I am A beginner web developer I stared studying of development applications & languages and I finished HTML, JavaScript, IIS but I don't have a couch so I can't determine what i need to continue.I need to know the roles of ASP.net, C#.net, ADO.net, SQL in the web building process and how they work together and what exams I have to cross to be a certified web developerMy RegardsKhaled Elwakeel  Khaled , Welcome to the world of Web Programming, Web programming is different ball game ( HTTP Request, HTTP Response, HTTP handlers , MIME types, HTTP...

Web resources about - PB .net C# error - sybase.powerbuilder.net

Pilot error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pilot error (sometimes called cockpit error ) is a term used to describe the cause of an accident involving an airworthy aircraft where the pilot ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Porsche sees error of ways, next 911 GT3 to offer manual transmission
Filed under: Porsche , Coupe , Performance The man behind the Porsche 911 GT3 says the next generation of the high performer will get an optional ...

Lee Daniels Admits 'Empire' Suffered From 'Growing Pains' in Season 2: 'It's Trial and Error'
Lee Daniels Admits 'Empire' Suffered From 'Growing Pains' in Season 2: 'It's Trial and Error'

Russia plane crash: Pilot error or technical failure suspected
Russian investigators say they believe pilot error or a technical failure was the most likely cause for the passenger plane crash that killed ...

80004005: Why Error Messages Are Still So *&%$#! Indecipherable
... There's a good chance the engineers are too. If you've ever been vexed by a phone, tablet, or PC, chances are you've bumped into an error code. ...

A Basic Spelling Error Cost These Hackers Nearly $1 Billion
Most spelling mistakes are innocent, fleeting, and only mildly embarrassing. Then there are the ones that result in a loss of over $800 million ...

Pilot Error or Mechanical Failure Most Likely Caused Plane Crash in Russia, Investigators Say
Investigators are looking at pilot error or mechanical failure as possible causes of a FlyDubai flight's deadly crash in Russia, a representative ...

FBI Admits Error In San Bernardino iPhone Case, Apple Still Not Unlocking Phone
The FBI has admitted an error in the case involving the San Bernardino iPhone, while Apple continues to refuse to break into the phone. The mistake ...