PB .Net Assembly and Datastore

Is is possible to use datastores with PB 11.5.1 or PB 12.Net assemblies from
Coldfusion 8.x.

We want to call PB .Net assemblies from a Coldfusion web page. CF is able to
reference .Net assemblies.

We created a .Net assembly ( PB 11.5.1) that calls a function that uses a
datastore to retreive a parcel_id from the
database. After compiling and deploying the DLL to a test MS 2003 server,
( using generated msi file, installed PB runtimes and .Net files ) the
datastore retreive did not work.  When using embedded sql the parcel_id was
returned correctly by the same function.

I was able to create a winform app that called the same assembly on my
laptop and the datastore worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Quent

0
Quent
8/11/2010 10:52:16 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Define "did not work"...
Error messages?  Return codes?  Any more diagnostic info available?

The answer is yes, this should be supported.  The .NET assemblies you make
with PB can and should be able to use datastores to access a database.

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

"Quent Carrera" <qcarrera@co.davis.ut.us> wrote in message
> Is is possible to use datastores with PB 11.5.1 or PB 12.Net assemblies
> from Coldfusion 8.x.
>
> We want to call PB .Net assemblies from a Coldfusion web page. CF is able
> to reference .Net assemblies.
>
> We created a .Net assembly ( PB 11.5.1) that calls a function that uses a
> datastore to retreive a parcel_id from the
> database. After compiling and deploying the DLL to a test MS 2003 server,
> ( using generated msi file, installed PB runtimes and .Net files ) the
> datastore retreive did not work.  When using embedded sql the parcel_id
> was returned correctly by the same function.
>
> I was able to create a winform app that called the same assembly on my
> laptop and the datastore worked.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Quent

0
Paul

PB 12 .Net .Net Assembly NVO
I am trying to run a .Net Assembly NVO that I created in PB 12 .Net and get the following error: "Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided". What file and where is it located? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks John Most likely the message is referring the Application entry field located on the Run tab of the assembly project object. You would typically enter in the Test Harness GUI EXE that exercises the assembly -- Yakov eLearnIT LLC Twitter: http://twitter.com/eLearnPB Blog: http://yakovwerde.sys-con.com Web Site: http://www.eLearnITOnli...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Powerbuilder -- .NET Assembly
All, I have been struggling with PBNI on a project and am wondering if there might be an easier way to solve my problem. In the past our PB apps used DDE to receive instructions (mostly logon/logoff). We are required to use a different method of communication and one of them is an ActiveXControlLib.dll (a .Net assembly generated from a an ActiveX control). In C# communication with this dll is quite simple but for the life of me I am stuck as to how it can be done in Powerbuilder short of using PBNI (I know next to nothing about C++). Do I have any other options? Thanks muc...

.NET classes hindering .net assembly from being com?
I posted an earlier thread about instanciating a .net assembly from a com client, like an asp page. My problem was that no matter what I did, I could not get the class to instaciate, so I could not call any methods on that class. After quite a bit of trial and error, as far as weak and strong named assemblies, GAC, etc, I came to the conclusion that the object WAS being referenced properly, therefore it was not a problem getting access to the object's class declaration. My problem was that everytime I called a method on the object, I got a "object not set to instance" error. ...

PB!2.net consume .net Class
I new to .net and pb12.net . I would like to use the Filesystemwatcher class from the System.IO namespace in PB to monitor a folder. Here's code in c# that I found on the WEB ########################################################### ' Create a new FileSystemWatcher and set its properties. Dim watcher As New FileSystemWatcher() watcher.Path = args(1) ' Watch for changes in LastAccess and LastWrite times, and ' the renaming of files or directories. watcher.NotifyFilter = (NotifyFilters.LastAccess Or NotifyFilters.Las...

Convert ASP.NET to PB.NET Codes
Please I have 2 functions coded in ASP.NET below for authenticating against the Active Directory. It works perfectly okay but I need to translate it to PowerBuilder WebForm codes. Can anyone help have a go at it? Public Function of_Authenticate(ByVal sUserID As String, ByVal sPassword As String) As Boolean Dim sDomain As String = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("DomainServer") If sDomain Is DBNull.Value Or sDomain = "" Then Dim entryRoot As DirectoryEntry = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://RootDSE") sDomain = entryRoot.Prop...

Sample program using powerbuilder .net and asp.net
Hai, I am beginner in pb.net . So please can you provide me a sample program using powerbuilder web application with asp.net. with thanks and regards POLACHAN PAILY ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Part of the point of WebForms (and WinForms) is that you can deploy any application to these targets without recoding. So, for a sample app, take any sample that comes with PB. <g> No special coding required. Of course, you have to make sure your app isn't dependent on unsupported features. Good...

.NET assemblies in PowerBuilder 9?
Can I call .NET assemblies from Powerbuilder 9? If yes - how? If not - how? Well, beginning with PB11 you can reference them in the target and then code directly to them in PowerScript: http://www.developer.net.au/PowerBuilder_11s_NET_Interoperability.htm With prior versions of PB, you would need to use a COM Callable Wrapper: http://pbdj.sys-con.com/read/397016.htm http://pbdj.sys-con.com/read/420516.htm On 30 Aug 2007 03:03:13 -0700, Raymond wrote: >Can I call .NET assemblies from Powerbuilder 9? If yes - >how? >If not - how? Bruce, First, thank yo...

add .net assembly to pb
i have added this code to my .net project: #if defined PBDOTNET then throw new System.InvalidOperationException("You must pass 8 User Defined Columns"); #end if i also added the .net assembly. however it fails with ---------- Error messages: (10:16:31 AM) c:\configuration management\fundlinx730\source\shared\pb\assem_api.pbl(nv_tradetrueup).nv_tradetrueup.125 C0307: Syntax error: unexpected 'System'. c:\configuration management\fundlinx730\source\shared\pb\assem_api.pbl(nv_tradetrueup).nv_tradetrueup.125 C0305: ; or newline expected. ---------- Fini...

What is an assembly as it relates to an Asp.net / VB.Net application?
Hello everyone, I hope my question is not to vague. Let me begin with saying that I was not a Computer Science Major in college. I received my degree in Business Finance, two completely seperate disciplines. I do have a lot of work experience with the original Visual Basic beginning with 3.0. Here we are today and I am reading some text concerning ASP.Net and I came to a section discussing Assembly and Precompiling, well I am like Duh you lost me. Could someone please either explain the assembly or point me to some literature that explains the assembly "In Depth" as it relat...

Diffrence Between ASP.NET , VB.NET and C#.NET
please give me the explanation of diffrence b'n asp.net and vb.net is in asp.net there is no code behind file exist?  C# and VB.Net it the langauge you use to create your app.. (The code you write is either VB.Net or C#) ASP.Net is the Web framework to build web applications and ASP.Net have Web Forms, a Web Form is the .aspx file that represents a page/view. A Web Form can have a code-behind file where you put your code (written with VB.Net or C#)./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

Net Farmers net

Web resources about - PB .Net Assembly and Datastore - sybase.powerbuilder.net

Fortune Datastore - Home
The Ultimate Resource for marketing, mailings, sales, and research!

F8: No Internet Connection? Parse Local Datastore Has Your Apps Covered
Applications that work offline? Why not? Parse announced the launch of Parse Local Datastore — a new feature in its software-development kit ...

Parse Roundup: Introducing Crash Reporting, Local Datastore for iOS, and Much More
Parse Roundup: Introducing Crash Reporting, Local Datastore for iOS, and Much More

Twitter Engineering: Introducing Gizzard, a framework for creating distributed datastores
Tuesday, April 6, 2010 Introducing Gizzard, a framework for creating distributed datastores An introduction to sharding Many modern web sites ...

Flickr: The Guardian Datastore Pool
... Photos The Commons Getty Collection Galleries World Map App Garden Camera Finder The Weekly Flickr FlickrBlog Upload Sign In Guardian Datastore ...

Datastore Automotive News
$120 - 2008 Top 125 Dealership Groups in the U.S. ranked by revenue for all departments (includes sales by department, makes sold, and top sales ...

Google Cloud Platform enhances Compute Engine, App Engine and Cloud Datastore
... additions: layer 3 load balancing capability for Google Compute Engine new features and productivity improvements for Google Cloud Datastore ...

Google deprecates old App Engine datastore in favor of High-Replication version
Google is deprecating the Master/Slave Datastore used by its cloud platform App Engine in favor of the High-Replication Datastore (HRD), which ...

Welcoming Dropbox Datastore
... I need to stop telling people that Zumero is "like Dropbox, except for data instead of files". :-) This week, Dropbox announced their Datastore ...

Google cuts prices on week-old datastore
Let the cloud price chopping continue. A week after Google announced its Cloud Datastore managed NoSQL database, it’s cutting its price, according ...