Merging PDF Files

Hi,

I have four datawindows on my Web Forms Window which are all printed to PDF.
I want to provide an option to the user where in he can get a merged copy of
the four PDF and download at once. Can we use some third party programs and
call them from the WebForms using the RUN Command?. Or alternately is it
possible to Zip the four files and provide the user with an option of
downloading one zip file?

Regards

0
Sam
8/9/2010 9:14:33 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Look at iText.  You can do a number of things with it, including
merging PDF files.

On 9 Aug 2010 02:14:33 -0700, "Sam" <broncobuster@rediffmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have four datawindows on my Web Forms Window which are all printed to PDF.
>I want to provide an option to the user where in he can get a merged copy of
>the four PDF and download at once. Can we use some third party programs and
>call them from the WebForms using the RUN Command?. Or alternately is it
>possible to Zip the four files and provide the user with an option of
>downloading one zip file?
>
>Regards

-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog:      http://brucearmstrong.sys-con.com/
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
Ning:      http://powerbuilder.ning.com/profile/BruceArmstrong
Xing:      http://www.xing.com/profile/Bruce_Armstrong
YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
Fotki:     http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
0
Bruce
8/9/2010 12:04:35 PM
  Hi Sam,

Check out this link...

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=itextsharp

hth,
Mark

On 8/9/2010 5:14 AM, Sam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have four datawindows on my Web Forms Window which are all printed to PDF.
> I want to provide an option to the user where in he can get a merged copy of
> the four PDF and download at once. Can we use some third party programs and
> call them from the WebForms using the RUN Command?. Or alternately is it
> possible to Zip the four files and provide the user with an option of
> downloading one zip file?
>
> Regards

0
Mark

How can we use this with PowerBuilder Web Forms Application?

Regards,

"Bruce Armstrong" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Look at iText.  You can do a number of things with it, including
> merging PDF files.
>
> On 9 Aug 2010 02:14:33 -0700, "Sam" <broncobuster@rediffmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have four datawindows on my Web Forms Window which are all printed to
>>PDF.
>>I want to provide an option to the user where in he can get a merged copy
>>of
>>the four PDF and download at once. Can we use some third party programs
>>and
>>call them from the WebForms using the RUN Command?. Or alternately is it
>>possible to Zip the four files and provide the user with an option of
>>downloading one zip file?
>>
>>Regards
>>
> -----------------------------------
>
> My Web 2.0 Stuff
>
> Blog:      http://brucearmstrong.sys-con.com/
> Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
> LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
> Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
> Ning:      http://powerbuilder.ning.com/profile/BruceArmstrong
> Xing:      http://www.xing.com/profile/Bruce_Armstrong
> YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
> Fotki:     http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/

0
Sam
8/9/2010 12:12:00 PM
For a .net based app, you can try the c# port of it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/itextsharp/

"Sam" <broncobuster@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can we use this with PowerBuilder Web Forms Application?
>
> Regards,
>

> "Bruce Armstrong" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@yahoo.com> wrote in
> message
>>
>> Look at iText.  You can do a number of things with it, including
>> merging PDF files.
>>
>> On 9 Aug 2010 02:14:33 -0700, "Sam" <broncobuster@rediffmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have four datawindows on my Web Forms Window which are all printed
>>> PDF.
>>> I want to provide an option to the user where in he can get a merged
> > > copy
>>> of
>>> the four PDF and download at once. Can we use some third party
> > > programs
>>> and
>>> call them from the WebForms using the RUN Command?. Or alternately
> > > is it
>>> possible to Zip the four files and provide the user with an option
> > > of
>>> downloading one zip file?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>> -----------------------------------
>>
>> My Web 2.0 Stuff
>>
>> Blog:      http://brucearmstrong.sys-con.com/
>> Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
>> LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
>> Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
>> Ning:      http://powerbuilder.ning.com/profile/BruceArmstrong
>> Xing:      http://www.xing.com/profile/Bruce_Armstrong
>> YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
>> Fotki:     http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
0
Bruce

Changing the default All Files (*.*) option to Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf) in a file open dialogue in ASP.net
In My file Upload page, I am using <input type=file> tag to browse a file from client machine.The Browse button by default is showing all files *.* in the file dialogue boxI have a requirement like the file dialogue should by default show just PDFs *.pdf, and have an option to show all files *.* as shown below:Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf)All Files (*.*)Is there a way to handle this using any web controls, or technique using ASP.net or HTML?Thanks in advanceAnsar I need answer to this one, too. As far as I know, there is no way to do this....

Merge pdf files using Powerbuilder
Hi! Is there any way to merge two .pdf files generated by powerbuilder to be merged into one pdf file through powerbuilder. Any body can point me to any web site etc... Thanks, Sandeep The short answer is 'no' -- there is no built-in function in PB that handles PDF files. The long answer depends on how you generated the two PDF fioles in the first place -- if the PDF driver that you use supports the merge functionality, than the answer is 'Yes'. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase - http://my.sybase.com "SM" <...

Merging PDF files in .Net WebForms
HI, I have a requirment when I have to Merge 3 pdf file that I print into one file and provide it to the user for download. I have tried serveral ways but have been unable to do so. I tried itextsharp but could not use in the web forms. Even he 'run' function is not suported and thus cannot use a seperate exe and merge the files. Additionaly I also want to be able to zip several files in and provide one archive for download. Is this possible in Web Forms? Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks Sam Hi Sam; Try the PDF Tool Kit utility ... I use this with ...

Merge pdf files using Powerbuilde(2)
Thanks for the response Roy. Let me give U some background what I am doing. I have a composite datawindow which has about three pages of data and about four blob space in the database which has word document which is four pages each blob to be printed in different pages. I have to print this datawindow (3 pages) and word document (4 pages for which I use OLE) as one document or one print job so some ones else print job does not get between the two print I fire (one for datawindow and one for ole word). I use Acrobat distiller to save as, but is saves as two different pdf file. I don&#...

ASP.NET and ADOBE Interop to merge to .pdf file: How do to do this?
This may be a tough question but I wanted to put it out there to see if anyone has experience with it.  I know it is possible for a user to enter fields on a web form and then use those fields to merge into a .pdf documnet and then show the read-only document via Acrobat reader.  I know it is possible because I have done it on the net several times. The question is, how do I do this in .NET? I see a handful of COM .dll's that can be added as references to a .NET project and wonder if any of them are the key to merging a document. So for an overview, here is what I need to do:...

Merge PDF with XLS data .ASP.net vb.net c#.net
Hi My company is Messaging Company.We do Mail merging and brodcasting.I have  a PDF and an XLS file.I want to import   some data fields from XLS  to the existing PDFand save the output file as another PDF dcoument.Which is just like MAil Merging with Word.   xls look like Name  Number  Message xxx      1234       hello yyy      2345      test PDF looks like Hello  <<Name>> Your Number is <<Number>> ...

How to convert from asp.net file to pdf file???
Hi,every body! I have a button, when I click it I want change the current asp.net file to pdf file. Please help me with code! Thanks so much! Check out this post: http://geekswithblogs.net/vivek/archive/2006/09/26/92316.aspxHope this helps,Vivek Social Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer"....

COnverting image file into PDF file in C#.NET
hi friends, i have a problem in creating a PDF file from an image file. first of all pls clarify what is the internal concept in converting to PDF file. if nay one knows pls mail me the related code if you find any solution pls mail me at spend5mins@yahoo.com thank u all hari babu...

Convert html files into pdf files in asp.net application
HI, not quiet sure if there is the right place to ask this question. But I will try I am developing a web tha have to create a collecion of html and than covert them into pdf files. All it has to be done at the server side, that is not at design time. Have .Net  a component for doing that? anu free converter?? Any help will be appreciate. Than you Hello MAlex001, I suppose the using XSL-FO is neat way for this without havin' dependencies to 3rd part libs M> sure if there is the right place to ask this question. But I will try M> M> I am developing a we...

pdf file could not be opened. it is generated from asp.net using vb.net
Dear Friends,         I have some problem in my application. I am using asp.net 2005, code behind is vb.net.  I am generating pdf file from Gridview data. It was created but file could not be opened. I dont know what is the reasion. Following is the code I have done. Can any one help me.       Dim attachment As String = "attachment; filename=Contacts.pdf"       Response.ClearContent()       Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", attachment)       Response.Conte...

WebDatawindow.net Save As PDF creates 0 byte pdf file
Hello all, I am having issues with the save as pdf function of the web datawindow. I am using the ghostwriter ps method and have confirmed with another app that the ps generation is working properly. I have also confirmed that the datawindow is throwing a ps file in the windows temp directory during execution of this method. However, the pdf file generated is always 0 bytes. For whatever reason i am finding the documentation hard to understand and im sure its a setup problem on my behalf. Like placement of the "gs" directory and needed dl's missing or not ...

I need help for convert .doc file into .pdf file in asp.net
Hi,Am implementing asp.net in my project . and am new to asp.net.In my project i convert one file(.doc) to another file (.pdf) formati don't know how to convert this can you please give a code for this implementationthis is very helpful for my projectThanks in Advance With RegardsS.Senthil Nathan  i know there are a lot of 3rd party object to use, but you need to pay it such as http://www.dbautotrack.com/pdf.html  so far, i dont know there is free source for you to use.  James Wu (MIB426).NET is only way to goMCP, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD...

How to create a pdf file in asp.net with c# as one of the output file?
Hi All,I need to know whether creating a pdf file through asp.net is possible or not? For instance, i can create a excel file to export data as output. Likewise, i need to export some information in pdf format. It should then open and show the contents. Going further in this, can we also customize like displaying the user-login name as watermark so that each pdf created for every user is unique to him. How to achieve this task? Do we need to install any third party components which will provide methods/namespaces etc or can we do without any third party components?After reading many related ...

Sending pdf file to Client (Download pdf functionality in asp.net)
Hi All, I have follwoing scenario. I want to download pdf file.  I have one folder which some local macine. This folder contains the pdf files and only one person is given access write to that folder. All i need to do is impersonate the user and download the pdf from this folder. So i am using Response.TransmitFile Method of http object. I am sucessfully able to impersonate the user whoever logs on to the site and send a file to client.  But i am not sure if Response.TransmitFile is the correct and right way to go for it. I am passing the pdf file directly in the Response.Tra...

Web resources about - Merging PDF Files - sybase.powerbuilder.net

Wikipedia:Merging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A merger is a non-automated procedure by which the contents of two pages are united within a single page. Merging two pages creates a redirect ...

The Current Disadvantages of Merging a Place With a Page on Facebook
... Place they’ve claimed. While there are some advantages for businesses focusing on generating foot traffic to a single physical location, merging ...

Merging Spiral Galaxies - simulating visual appearance - YouTube
This video shows a computer simulation of the appearance of two merging spiral galaxies as they would appear through a telescope, including absorption ...

Merging cultural institutions would be disastrous, say former directors
Merging the back-office functions of the major national cultural institutions would be disastrous and doomed to fail, say two former institution ...

You gotta keep ‘em separated: Google not merging Chrome OS and Android
Google has announced that it intends to keep its Chrome OS and Android platforms separate, despite the two platforms now being managed by the ...

Merging of Tuscan provinces reopens old wounds
Merging of Tuscan provinces reopens old wounds

Nintendo merging handheld and console divisions on February 16
New ¥30bn Kyoto facility will allow R&D collaboration and tech sharing

Nanos Number: Merging environment and energy policy
Nik Nanos digs beneath the numbers with CBC News Network's Power & Politics host Evan Solomon to get at the political, economic and social forces ...

Merging Maritime Provinces Pushed By Senators
If a proposal goes ahead, Anne of Green Gables won't just belong to Prince Edward Island. The idea of merging the three Maritime provinces has ...

CMA magazine and CAmagazine merging in January
Feature 1 CMA magazine and CAmagazine have wrapped their runs. To reflect the merger of associated trade groups, a new chartered accountant ...