dynamic IP address

We are using PB 11.5 with Sybase and Oracle back ends.  How
do I determine a unique identifier for the Workstation that
is running my app?  I was going to use the IP Address, but
since it could be dynamic that will no longer work.  Can I
determine the computer name or some other unique identifier?
 Can you supply sample code?
thanks!
0
LarryH
8/14/2010 2:05:44 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Computer name is easily changed - how about hard disk serial number?
http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0214.html
(you will want to change the ...A function names to ...W since PB11 is
Unicode)

Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

On 8/13/2010 10:05 PM, LarryH wrote:
> We are using PB 11.5 with Sybase and Oracle back ends.  How
> do I determine a unique identifier for the Workstation that
> is running my app?  I was going to use the IP Address, but
> since it could be dynamic that will no longer work.  Can I
> determine the computer name or some other unique identifier?
>   Can you supply sample code?
> thanks!
0
Jerry
8/14/2010 2:36:48 AM
That's a good suggestion, and the code worked great!
Thanks so much!

> Computer name is easily changed - how about hard disk
> serial number?
> http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0214.html (you will
> want to change the ...A function names to ...W since PB11
> is  Unicode)
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 8/13/2010 10:05 PM, LarryH wrote:
> > We are using PB 11.5 with Sybase and Oracle back ends.
> > How do I determine a unique identifier for the
> > Workstation that is running my app?  I was going to use
> > the IP Address, but since it could be dynamic that will
> > no longer work.  Can I determine the computer name or
> >   some other unique identifier? Can you supply sample
> > code? thanks!
0
LarryH

How to get IP Address in asp.net using vb.net
Hai AllHow to get Ip address in asp.net using vb.net. any one please help me....Its urgent for my projectThanks in Advance Request.Servervariables("REMOTE_ADDR") For example, create a label called Label2 and post the following code in page_load: Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Me.Label2.Text = Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR") End SubHowever take notice that it's the IP adress of the server.  Also look at: http://forums.asp.net/t/892765.aspx   Cheers Danny Schouren soori4...

How can I get IP Address & NetCard Address Using PowerBuilder?
Hello,All: How can I get IP Address and NetCard Address Using PowerBuilder? Please give me a hand??Thanks for your help... Jim look at : http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/ Jean-Paul "Jim" <jim@turnkey.com.tw> wrote in message news:25f#ZzO1$GA.203@forums.sybase.com... > Hello,All: > How can I get IP Address and NetCard Address Using PowerBuilder? > Please give me a hand??Thanks for your help... > > Jim > > Is it Arguments??? I can't understand Arguments... Would anyone tell me!!Thanks! jpf <jpf@basc....

IP address in Powerbuilder
I need to get IP address of a workstation or the computer name from Powerbuilder application. Is there any way to do that in Powerbuilder or I need to call some API functions? Thanks Mikahil Smirnov See Eric Aling's homepage for a solution: http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/ -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. MikhailSmirnov wrote in message <377A6130.995A8F6E@Alliant-Energy.com>... >I need to get IP address of a workstation or the computer name from >Powerbuilder application. Is there any way to do that in Powerbuilder or >I nee...

Problem the IP address showing is NOT my IP address I am at.
host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com or 217.35.99.250 is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic IP address range) when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. In message <b6i8f8$tp1$1@news.grc.com>, abcministoragellc <abcministoragellc@netzero.net> kicked in with > >host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com >or 217.35.99.250 >is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic >IP address range) >when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. Had the same here, a couple of minute...

Using hostname & dynamic IP fails after ptr gets new ip address
Here is my setup: nw6.5sp2 with nw dynamic dhcp and auto update DNS. I've setup my printer to receive a dynamic ip address. I've referenced my printer in iPrint by the host.domain name Here is my problem: The printer was created and functions perfectly, until I shut the printer off and on. The printer receives a new ip address from dhcp and dns is updated with the changed address. The print manager on the server fails to reconnect the agent to the printer with the following error: LPR Communication Failed; Printer Not Connected The gateway could not resolve the hostn...

Finding client's IP address from gateway IP using ASP.NET
Using Request.UserHostAddress, we are able to find out the client machine's IP address. But if the IP is Routed through a gateway , the same object property returns the routers IP address. How do we find out the client machine's IP from this routed IP.   Thanks I dont believe there is any way to find the clients IP address from a routed IP. When a user is behind a NAT table, all requests come from the gateway IP, and are translated as they pass back through to be directed towards the appropriate machine that initiated the request.  This is beyond your control on the web page. ...

How to create a cookie on client's machine using clients IP address in ASP.Net,VB.Net?
There are two machines with IPs - 190.165.14.21 and 190.165.14.16. My asp.net application is installed on 190.165.14.21 . Now if 190.165.14.21 wants to create a cookie directly on 190.165.14.16 then how would it do this. Please note that 190.165.14.16 is not requesting to create cookie, server directly creating cookie on some clients machine using clients IP address. Please tell me complete syntax in ASP.Net Hi ya,i'm not sure whether you need this, but this is a way to create a new cookie and send it to the client machine: HttpCookie yourCookie= new HttpCookie("serverIP","190.165.14....

Obtaining IP Address in Powerbuilder
I am wanting to get the IP address of a PC to determine what database the application is going to use. I have not found any "easy" way to do this, any help is appreciated. Jason Visit Eric Aling's site http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/pb/tips/pbtip14.htm for an example of how to do this. Regards, Dave Fish [Team Sybase] On Fri, 21 May 1999 08:22:57 -0500, "Jason" <jasonm@hermes.com> wrote: >I am wanting to get the IP address of a PC to determine what database the >application is going to use. I have not found any "easy"...

What is Ip address if network card has more than one ip address assigned
Okay, I have a machine running sqlanywhere server, I have several ip addresses bound to the network card. if I am going to use a client on another computer, what ip address is sqlanywhere server bound to? Regards, Andy Pick one! Then when you configure the db server us it: -x TCPIP{MYIP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx} -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** Enterprise Applications in Your Future? JumpStart '99 Ent...

Problems with dynamic IP address
Hi group, some of our Bugzilla user access our webserver with dynamic IP addresses, they can change from minute to minute (proxy farm). Every time the address changes, they have to login again. Does anyboda know if there is a way to keep the session valid with a changed IP? Regards, Stefan Stefan, 2006/9/21, Stefan Burger <s.burger@nospam.atc-systeme.de>: > Does anyboda know if there is a way to keep the session valid with a > changed IP? if your Bugzilla is in a IPv4 network, you can use Bugzilla's loginnetmask parameter for this, provided the proxy fa...

Change dynamic IP address
Hi there! Is there a way to change my dynamic IP address , for example from the command line? Thanks in advance! Balen In grc.techtalk Balen wrote: > Hi there! > > Is there a way to change my dynamic IP address , for example > from the command line? That would depend in large part on how you connect to the Internet. More details please. OS, router, ADSL, Cable, Dial-up, software PPPoE connection.... Balen wrote: > Hi there! > > Is there a way to change my dynamic IP address , for example from the > command line? > >...

POA shows old ip address for client/server ip address
i just upgraded groupwise from 5.5 to 6.5 Clients cannot access via tcp/ip even though its setup with the correct ip address in console one. when looking at the poa log file at the server, it gives the old server ip address instead of the current ip address. I cannot find that old ip address in any settings, or is there another problem that is keeping me from accessing via the client using tcp/ip. Hi, Have you checked the POA startup file? Settings in there for the ipaddress and port override anything put into consoleone. Cheers, Steve <bfish@emily.ne...

Changing to NAT using Private IP address What to do with OLd IP addresses
I have a client that is setting up NAT and using private addresses for the internal network. If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the old addresses or is there a way to specify which set of Ip addresses for DHCP to hand out? Also, is there a way to just edit the present addresses? We looked and we are not able to see a way to edit the addreses. Thanks in advance for your help and advice. PLW In article <KVn8c.8445$jb5.1118@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the > old addresses or is there a wa...

IP addresses & .NET C#
Hi there, I have a problem regarding IP address related issue. I am using C# for developing this application and following is what I required to do:I want this application to detect current router's WAN IP address and update it with the domain records.So, I faced a big trouble when trying to detect my router's IP address as I couldn't do it while I tried to use System.Net, System.Socket namespaces.If anyone out there have idea or knows where to refer to, let me know and I will appreciate it.  Thanks  in advance,ASP_Dev Need ASP/ASP.NET consultance?visit: http://www.l...

Web resources about - dynamic IP address - sybase.powerbuilder.net

Dynamics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brownian dynamics , the occurrence of Langevin dynamics in the motion of particles in solution (e.g. a grain in water, as was first seen by Brown); ...

Datacenter Dynamics
Datacenterdynamics for data center information, conferences, news, videos, whitepapers and reports globally

Dynamic Chiropractic - chiropractic, news, articles, research & information for chiropractors - Find ...
Dynamic Chiropractic - chiropractic, news, articles, research & information for chiropractors - Find a Chiropractor

Walmart's Everyday Low Prices Face Amazon's Dynamic Price Push
... low prices" strategy is becoming an everyday price-adjustment strategy. In what seems to be a direct response to Amazon's sophisticated dynamic ...

Mea Culpa: Confidence Proceedings Edition: I Really Do Think Dynamic Scoring Is a Bad Idea
... *Brad DeLong noted that when he was a Treasury political appointee, one of the Treasury career staff economists lectured me him about dynamic ...

dynamic billboards to up your photo game
NYC is one of the most photographed places in the world, especially this time of year. And while Instagram has made every one of us feel like ...

SNL perfectly captured the dynamics of the Republican presidential race
The "Saturday Night Live" recap of the latest Republican presidential debate reflected fairly accurately the state of the GOP primary. Beck ...

Yolanda Foster explains her divorce: ‘chronic illness changed our dynamic’
... is extremely challenging, not only for the person that’s sick, but also for the caregiver,” Foster admitted. “It for sure changed the dynamic ...

CES 2016 TV tech: 4K yawns, high dynamic range dawns
... Show in Las Vegas this January, TVs with 4K resolution are old hat. So what's new hat? The next-generation TV technology known as high dynamic ...

Boston Dynamics wishes you a terrifyingly happy holiday
Whether you think holiday greeting cards are touching or annoying, Boston Dynamics is celebrating the season just a little differently with this ...