Deploying to the Web

I am writing a brand new application that is supposed to be
deployed to the Web.  I know nothing about the Web
programming and I was kind of hoping for PB to do that part
for me.  In PB 12 Classic I see that I can create .Net
Webform Application project and go from there.  In PB12.NET
that is not available.  We are trying to avoid simply
deploying it as a Smart Client application because it is not
reliable.  Does anyone know what are my other options?
0
Olga
8/12/2010 12:18:20 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PB12.Net does not support web deployment - yet.

Your options are two:  PB Webforms in PB12 "Classic", and Appeon for
PowerBuilder.

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

<Olga Gorelik> wrote in message news:4c633dcc.2a82.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I am writing a brand new application that is supposed to be
> deployed to the Web.  I know nothing about the Web
> programming and I was kind of hoping for PB to do that part
> for me.  In PB 12 Classic I see that I can create .Net
> Webform Application project and go from there.  In PB12.NET
> that is not available.  We are trying to avoid simply
> deploying it as a Smart Client application because it is not
> reliable.  Does anyone know what are my other options?

0
Paul
8/12/2010 1:57:35 PM
And, unless I'm mistaken, using the DataWindow's HTML generation
capabilities as part of an app server component that generates page
code. This is. A lot of non-PB work, but it will let you create
something much more standard web looking.

Good luck,

Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten

--
Sent from a device that hobbles my fingers and numbs my brain. Please
excuse any spelling errors, grammatical errors or brevity.

Thanks anyway.

Olga

> And, unless I'm mistaken, using the DataWindow's HTML
> generation capabilities as part of an app server component
> that generates page code. This is. A lot of non-PB work,
> but it will let you create something much more standard
> web looking.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> "Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com>
> > wrote: PB12.Net does not support web deployment - yet.
> >
> > Your options are two:  PB Webforms in PB12 "Classic",
> > and Appeon for  PowerBuilder.
>

> --
> Sent from a device that hobbles my fingers and numbs my
> brain. Please excuse any spelling errors, grammatical
> errors or brevity.
0
Olga
8/12/2010 5:49:24 PM
They didn't take any web capabilities away. You can still do Webforms
with PB 12 (classic).

On 8/12/2010 12:49 PM, Olga Gorelik wrote:
> Now that just sucks big time.  Why would Sybase do such a
> thing?  Introduce a much touted .Net upgrade and take away
> the Web capabilities.  Who takes away features?!  I was
> trying to show my bosses that we can use our existing PB
> resources to create cool looking Web applications.
> Apparently, not so.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Olga
>
>> And, unless I'm mistaken, using the DataWindow's HTML
>> generation capabilities as part of an app server component
>> that generates page code. This is. A lot of non-PB work,
>> but it will let you create something much more standard
>> web looking.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten
>>
>> "Paul Horan[Sybase]"<phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com>
>>> wrote: PB12.Net does not support web deployment - yet.
>>>
>>> Your options are two:  PB Webforms in PB12 "Classic",
>>> and Appeon for  PowerBuilder.
>>

>> --
>> Sent from a device that hobbles my fingers and numbs my
>> brain. Please excuse any spelling errors, grammatical
>> errors or brevity.

0
Brad
8/12/2010 6:03:11 PM
But I don't want the Cassic look.  My bosses don't want the
Classic look in our new applications.  We got really excited
about the .Net version.  So, it's a big disappointment that
we got this cool Web look yet we can't use it on the Web by
itself.

> They didn't take any web capabilities away. You can still
> do Webforms  with PB 12 (classic).
>

> On 8/12/2010 12:49 PM, Olga Gorelik wrote:
> > Now that just sucks big time.  Why would Sybase do such
> > a thing?  Introduce a much touted .Net upgrade and take
> > away the Web capabilities.  Who takes away features?!  I
> > was trying to show my bosses that we can use our
> > existing PB resources to create cool looking Web
> > applications. Apparently, not so.
> >
> > Thanks anyway.
> >
> > Olga
> >
> >> And, unless I'm mistaken, using the DataWindow's HTML
> >> generation capabilities as part of an app server
> component >> that generates page code. This is. A lot of
> non-PB work, >> but it will let you create something much
> more standard >> web looking.
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >>
> >> Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten
> >>
> >> "Paul Horan[Sybase]"<phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com>

> >> --
> >> Sent from a device that hobbles my fingers and numbs my
> >> brain. Please excuse any spelling errors, grammatical
> >> errors or brevity.

0
Olga
8/12/2010 6:19:40 PM
Make it look however you want it to look.

You could always develop your UI in Silverlight and have it wire up to
PB .Net built assemblies.

On 8/12/2010 1:19 PM, Olga Gorelik wrote:
> But I don't want the Cassic look.  My bosses don't want the
> Classic look in our new applications.  We got really excited
> about the .Net version.  So, it's a big disappointment that
> we got this cool Web look yet we can't use it on the Web by
> itself.
>
>> They didn't take any web capabilities away. You can still
>> do Webforms  with PB 12 (classic).
>>

>> On 8/12/2010 12:49 PM, Olga Gorelik wrote:
>>> Now that just sucks big time.  Why would Sybase do such
>>> a thing?  Introduce a much touted .Net upgrade and take
>>> away the Web capabilities.  Who takes away features?!  I
>>> was trying to show my bosses that we can use our
>>> existing PB resources to create cool looking Web
>>> applications. Apparently, not so.
>>>
>>> Thanks anyway.
>>>
>>> Olga

>> component>>  that generates page code. This is. A lot of
>> non-PB work,>>  but it will let you create something much
>> more standard>>  web looking.

0
Brad
8/12/2010 6:50:40 PM
If I have to develop UI using a different technology, what
do I need the PB for?  Is there a plan to provide Web
capabilities in PB.NET in the future?

> Make it look however you want it to look.
>
> You could always develop your UI in Silverlight and have
> it wire up to  PB .Net built assemblies.
>

> On 8/12/2010 1:19 PM, Olga Gorelik wrote:
> > But I don't want the Cassic look.  My bosses don't want
> > the Classic look in our new applications.  We got really
> > excited about the .Net version.  So, it's a big
> > disappointment that we got this cool Web look yet we
> > can't use it on the Web by itself.
> >
> >> They didn't take any web capabilities away. You can
> still >> do Webforms  with PB 12 (classic).

> such >>> a thing?  Introduce a much touted .Net upgrade
> and take >>> away the Web capabilities.  Who takes away
> features?!  I >>> was trying to show my bosses that we can
> use our >>> existing PB resources to create cool looking
> Web >>> applications. Apparently, not so.

> >> component>>  that generates page code. This is. A lot
> of >> non-PB work,>>  but it will let you create something
> much >> more standard>>  web looking.

> yet. >>>>>
> , >>>>> and Appeon for  PowerBuilder.

> my >>>> brain. Please excuse any spelling errors,
> grammatical >>>> errors or brevity.

0
Olga
8/12/2010 7:05:23 PM
A future version of PB will support Silverlight.

If PB doesn't suit your needs for web development (e.g. Webforms) then
you have to pick a tool that will suit your needs.

Are you looking at creating a Silverlight style web app or an ASP.NET
style web app?

On 8/12/2010 2:05 PM, Olga Gorelik wrote:
> If I have to develop UI using a different technology, what
> do I need the PB for?  Is there a plan to provide Web
> capabilities in PB.NET in the future?
>
>> Make it look however you want it to look.
>>
>> You could always develop your UI in Silverlight and have
>> it wire up to  PB .Net built assemblies.
>>

>> On 8/12/2010 1:19 PM, Olga Gorelik wrote:
>>> But I don't want the Cassic look.  My bosses don't want
>>> the Classic look in our new applications.  We got really
>>> excited about the .Net version.  So, it's a big
>>> disappointment that we got this cool Web look yet we
>>> can't use it on the Web by itself.

>> still>>  do Webforms  with PB 12 (classic).

>> such>>>  a thing?  Introduce a much touted .Net upgrade
>> and take>>>  away the Web capabilities.  Who takes away
>> features?!  I>>>  was trying to show my bosses that we can
>> use our>>>  existing PB resources to create cool looking

>> of>>  non-PB work,>>   but it will let you create something
>> much>>  more standard>>   web looking.

>> yet.>>>>>
>> ,>>>>>  and Appeon for  PowerBuilder.

>> my>>>>  brain. Please excuse any spelling errors,
>> grammatical>>>>  errors or brevity.

0
Brad
8/12/2010 7:10:03 PM
It is my understanding that we are generally moving away
from Silverlight.  For this particular project all we wanted
to do is create a small application for internal use that
will be deployable to the Web so that we won't have to
install it on everyone's computer.  PB Webforms only better
looking.  I was looking at it as an opportunity to see if it
can be done using PB12.Net and only my current skills which
do not include any web development.  Since it cannot be
done, I was just told to forget about the whole thing. :(

> A future version of PB will support Silverlight.
>
> If PB doesn't suit your needs for web development (e.g.
> Webforms) then  you have to pick a tool that will suit
> your needs.
>
> Are you looking at creating a Silverlight style web app or
> an ASP.NET  style web app?
>

> On 8/12/2010 2:05 PM, Olga Gorelik wrote:
> > If I have to develop UI using a different technology,
> > what do I need the PB for?  Is there a plan to provide
> > Web capabilities in PB.NET in the future?
> >
> >> Make it look however you want it to look.
> >>
> >> You could always develop your UI in Silverlight and
> have >> it wire up to  PB .Net built assemblies.

> want >>> the Classic look in our new applications.  We got
> really >>> excited about the .Net version.  So, it's a big

> >> still>>  do Webforms  with PB 12 (classic).

> >> such>>>  a thing?  Introduce a much touted .Net upgrade
> >> and take>>>  away the Web capabilities.  Who takes away
> >> features?!  I>>>  was trying to show my bosses that we
> can >> use our>>>  existing PB resources to create cool
> looking >> Web>>>  applications. Apparently, not so.

> HTML >>>>>> generation capabilities as part of an app
> server >>>> component>>   that generates page code. This
> is. A lot >> of>>  non-PB work,>>   but it will let you
> create something >> much>>  more standard>>   web looking.

> Horan[Sybase]"<phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> >>>>>>>
> wrote: PB12.Net does not support web deployment - >>
> yet.>>>>> >>>>>>> Your options are two:  PB Webforms in
> PB12 "Classic" >> ,>>>>>  and Appeon for  PowerBuilder.

> numbs >> my>>>>  brain. Please excuse any spelling errors,
> >> grammatical>>>>  errors or brevity.

0
Olga
8/12/2010 7:22:10 PM
Okay, so it sounds like you want Webforms. You can make the end product
look however you want. Just treat your app development as SDI. Throw on
a bunch of images to make it look pretty and away you go.

On 8/12/2010 2:22 PM, Olga Gorelik wrote:
> It is my understanding that we are generally moving away
> from Silverlight.  For this particular project all we wanted
> to do is create a small application for internal use that
> will be deployable to the Web so that we won't have to
> install it on everyone's computer.  PB Webforms only better
> looking.  I was looking at it as an opportunity to see if it
> can be done using PB12.Net and only my current skills which
> do not include any web development.  Since it cannot be
> done, I was just told to forget about the whole thing. :(
>
>> A future version of PB will support Silverlight.
>>
>> If PB doesn't suit your needs for web development (e.g.
>> Webforms) then  you have to pick a tool that will suit
>> your needs.
>>
>> Are you looking at creating a Silverlight style web app or
>> an ASP.NET  style web app?
>>

>> On 8/12/2010 2:05 PM, Olga Gorelik wrote:
>>> If I have to develop UI using a different technology,
>>> what do I need the PB for?  Is there a plan to provide
>>> Web capabilities in PB.NET in the future?

>> have>>  it wire up to  PB .Net built assemblies.

>> want>>>  the Classic look in our new applications.  We got
>> really>>>  excited about the .Net version.  So, it's a big

>> can>>  use our>>>   existing PB resources to create cool
>> looking>>  Web>>>   applications. Apparently, not so.

>> HTML>>>>>>  generation capabilities as part of an app
>> server>>>>  component>>    that generates page code. This
>> is. A lot>>  of>>   non-PB work,>>    but it will let you
>> create something>>  much>>   more standard>>    web looking.

>> Horan[Sybase]"<phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com>  >>>>>>>
>> wrote: PB12.Net does not support web deployment ->>
>> yet.>>>>>  >>>>>>>  Your options are two:  PB Webforms in
>> PB12 "Classic">>  ,>>>>>   and Appeon for  PowerBuilder.

>> numbs>>  my>>>>   brain. Please excuse any spelling errors,

0
Brad
8/12/2010 8:00:03 PM
Thanks.  Yes, I just went back to Classic and found some of
the tricks that give it "the look" that weren't available in
11, so I'll go with that.

> Okay, so it sounds like you want Webforms. You can make
> the end product  look however you want. Just treat your
> app development as SDI. Throw on  a bunch of images to
> make it look pretty and away you go.
>
> On 8/12/2010 2:22 PM, Olga Gorelik wrote:
> > It is my understanding that we are generally moving away
> > from Silverlight.  For this particular project all we
> > wanted to do is create a small application for internal
> > use that will be deployable to the Web so that we won't
> > have to install it on everyone's computer.  PB Webforms
> > only better looking.  I was looking at it as an
> > opportunity to see if it can be done using PB12.Net and
> > only my current skills which do not include any web
> > development.  Since it cannot be done, I was just told
> to forget about the whole thing. :( >
> >> A future version of PB will support Silverlight.
> >>
> >> If PB doesn't suit your needs for web development (e.g.
> >> Webforms) then  you have to pick a tool that will suit
> >> your needs.
> >>
> >> Are you looking at creating a Silverlight style web app
> or >> an ASP.NET  style web app?

> >> have>>  it wire up to  PB .Net built assemblies.

> >> want>>>  the Classic look in our new applications.  We
> got >> really>>>  excited about the .Net version.  So,
> it's a big >>>>> disappointment that we got this cool Web
> look yet we >>>>> can't use it on the Web by itself.

> upgrade >>>> and take>>>   away the Web capabilities.  Who
> takes away >>>> features?!  I>>>   was trying to show my
> bosses that we >> can>>  use our>>>   existing PB
> resources to create cool >> looking>>  Web>>>
> applications. Apparently, not so. >>>>>>>

> >> HTML>>>>>>  generation capabilities as part of an app
> >> server>>>>  component>>    that generates page code.
> This >> is. A lot>>  of>>   non-PB work,>>    but it will
> let you >> create something>>  much>>   more standard>>
> web looking. >>>>>>>>

> >> Horan[Sybase]"<phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com>
> ->> >> yet.>>>>>  >>>>>>>  Your options are two:  PB
> Webforms in >> PB12 "Classic">>  ,>>>>>   and Appeon for
> PowerBuilder. >>>>>>>>

> >> numbs>>  my>>>>   brain. Please excuse any spelling
> errors, >>>> grammatical>>>>   errors or brevity.

0
Olga
8/12/2010 8:17:21 PM
Why can't they just run the exe off a network drive?

<Olga Gorelik> wrote in message news:4c6456d1.4249.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Thanks.  Yes, I just went back to Classic and found some of
> the tricks that give it "the look" that weren't available in
> 11, so I'll go with that.
>
>> Okay, so it sounds like you want Webforms. You can make
>> the end product  look however you want. Just treat your
>> app development as SDI. Throw on  a bunch of images to
>> make it look pretty and away you go.
>>
>> On 8/12/2010 2:22 PM, Olga Gorelik wrote:
>> > It is my understanding that we are generally moving away
>> > from Silverlight.  For this particular project all we
>> > wanted to do is create a small application for internal
>> > use that will be deployable to the Web so that we won't
>> > have to install it on everyone's computer.  PB Webforms
>> > only better looking.  I was looking at it as an
>> > opportunity to see if it can be done using PB12.Net and
>> > only my current skills which do not include any web
>> > development.  Since it cannot be done, I was just told
>> to forget about the whole thing. :( >

>> or >> an ASP.NET  style web app?

>> got >> really>>>  excited about the .Net version.  So,
>> it's a big >>>>> disappointment that we got this cool Web
>> look yet we >>>>> can't use it on the Web by itself.

>> upgrade >>>> and take>>>   away the Web capabilities.  Who
>> takes away >>>> features?!  I>>>   was trying to show my
>> bosses that we >> can>>  use our>>>   existing PB
>> resources to create cool >> looking>>  Web>>>
>> applications. Apparently, not so. >>>>>>>

>> This >> is. A lot>>  of>>   non-PB work,>>    but it will
>> let you >> create something>>  much>>   more standard>>
>> web looking. >>>>>>>>

>> ->> >> yet.>>>>>  >>>>>>>  Your options are two:  PB
>> Webforms in >> PB12 "Classic">>  ,>>>>>   and Appeon for
>> PowerBuilder. >>>>>>>>

>> errors, >>>> grammatical>>>>   errors or brevity.

0
Roland
8/13/2010 6:03:17 PM
Brad's already said it, but since I seem to have caused the confusion,
I'll add. What was in PB prior to 12.0 for web (.NET WebForms, DW HTML,
ability to deploy business logic to a variety of app servers, ability to
work with Appeon) has not been taken away. I've been following the news
running up to 12.0 pretty carefully and I've never seen suggest a new
web technology would be available in 12.0, although they suggested the
technology they were putting in place with 12.0 would put them in a good
position to release a new web technology post-12.0.

As far as "cool looking" goes, I guess I'd leave that up to the graphic
designers, and they could probably make anything look good. (Conversely,
computer history has shown people can make any good technology look
bad.) I'm on record as not liking several of the elements of WebForms,
which you can work around, but one thing I do like is the multicolumn
dropdown DataWindows. I'd imagine you *could* do this with other
technologies,but it's drop dead simple in PB, and it makes you app look
good. (OK, a little good for a moment, and I haven doubt someone could
make it look ugly. <BG>)

--
Sent from a device that hobbles my fingers and numbs my brain. Please
excuse any spelling errors, grammatical errors or brevity.
0
Terry

Deploying powerbuilder application as .NET web application
Hi when I deploy Client/Server PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any bug messages. Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed. Any information is appreciated. If this question has to do with PB 11 WebForm deploys, you want to post it in the sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform section. This section is for DataWindow.Net, a different product. On 29 Jul 2008 05:32:55 -0700, Raju Gol...

Confused about Deployment (ASP.NET Web Application vs ASP.NET Web Site)
I am having difficulty publishing my ASP.NET website when my project is of type "ASP.NET Web Application" (I created a new project by File -> New Project -> Visual C# -> ASP.NET Web Application).  When I choose "Publish Web Site", it asks me to select the folder to publish to, which works fine.  I notice, however, in the 'published' default.aspx page (the only page in my project) that it is pointing to "Default.aspx.cs" for the CodeFile, however, the Published web site only has a .DLL in the \bin folder, named [Projectname].DLL, but it...

Deploying Web Application
Hi AllI have been playing around with both setups and have a few questions. Firstly the ASP.Net web application: I have created a Web Application with a default.aspx. I have added a class library project to this project called DAL (Data Access Layer) and in this project created a simple class that opens and closes a connection just for testing purposes. I have added a reference to this project in the original web application... the one with the Default.aspx. Anyway everything works perfectly as it should but my question for this one is how do you deploy this to a server? I've re...

What Powerbuilder functions are not allowed to be deployed as .NET web forms?
I'm trying to move a small PB app to be a .NET webforms app and the build process is yelling that sharedata has no corresponding .NET method (yeah no duh). 1) what should one do to curcumvent share data function calls? 2)is there some white paper describing all the stuff you can't port over to a .NET web form. I'm pretty sure my large PFC based application will be a no-no , right? The only constraint on ShareData is supposed to be when you are trying to share data across sessions. Internally to the app, with that option turned off, it should work. Any chance...

Deploying PowerBuilder client/server app as .NET Web app
Hi when I deploy Client/Server(stand alone) PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any error messages. --Deploy--- Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed as shown below. ---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2 (1:50:39 PM) Checking IIS server... Generating .NET assembly file... Generating PBD files... Copying to IIS server... Deploy succeeded. ---------- Finished Deploy of p_pbt...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web Deployment of a Web Application:why the vbproj file is in the Web Deployment folder
Hello, I'm an old ASP and new ASP 1.1 developer.Now I have to work with ASP 2.0 and I'm testing the new features but there are things that are not clear.. I created a web application (converted from an ASP.NET 2.0 web site) and I was trying to build the web application project.These are the Property Pages Settings:Configuration:ReleaseCompilation: Allow this precompiled site to be updatable .. checkedOutput Assemblies: Merge all outputs to a single assembly  is checked                    ...

How to deploy a Web application based on VB.Net ASP .NET
I´m creating an ASP .Net Application in Visual Basic .Net, and when i try to put it on a Web Server The Button Control That have some code, does not appear. How can I deploy the application on the web server??? Thank´s Hello: You can ask your hosting company about any problem you face, they should help you more, or even, you could explain now more on your problem. regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP I create a ASP web application, and inside i create a label and a button, then when you press the button it changes the text of the lab...

Deployment instructions/process of ASP.NET web application to the Web Server.
Good afternoon All, I am developing a multilingual ASP.NET Web Application (AJAX for javascript multilingual ). Could somebody guide me or help me? I really appreciate your help. (1) Deployment instructions to the web server (or links from where i can get this information) for deployment of multilingual ASP.NET Web Application. (2) Can the asp and asp.net share the same virtual directory (I mean can asp and asp.net pages in the same virtual directory) on the web server. Should i take some precautions before deployment? (3) What i have to do with the resource files. I mean deployment i...

Deploying VS.NET 2005 Crystal on a Web Server for Web App
Can someone confirm when/where the Crystal for VS.NET 2005 Merge Modules will be available?Secondarily.. I am wanting to deploy to a web server and with VS.NET 2003 v (and VS.NET 2002 version), I had to use the merge modules to be able to enter in our product key otherwise we had licensing issues.I just read a post that seemed to imply that this may not be needed with VS.NET 2005 version.. is that so?I am able to create a installation package by choosing Crystal as a prerequisite in the VS.NET 2005 setup project, but that seems more like the thing we would do if we were shipping out a WinFor...

Deploying Web site on the Web Server from ASP.NET 1.1
Hi All, I have developed an ASP.NET 1.1 application which I want to deploy on the web server.I want to know how to go about this.All the information I found on this site is for ASP.NET 2.0 but I want to know how to do it with ASP.NET 1.1.I am using SQL Server 2005 I will really appreciate is any one of you can help me.   Thanks, chicks Hi,There is 3 ways to deploy your web app. You could either use the DOS-oriented XCOPY method, or make it as Wininstaller package or lastly using the copy-project (In VS.NET, Project Menu > Copy Project). Each different method suits for certain ...

PowerBuilder .NET Deployment
Have you deployed into production one or more applications to .NET Web Forms, or .NET Windows Forms using PowerBuilder 11? Or have you deployed NVOs as .NET Assemblies or .NET Web Services? Are you interested in participating in a Sybase success story about your experience? Or are you interested in presenting a session at TechWave about your experience? If so please contact me at dfish@sybase.com Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ ...

PowerBuilder .NET Deployment
Have you deployed into production one or more applications to .NET Web Forms, or .NET Windows Forms using PowerBuilder 11? Or have you deployed NVOs as .NET Assemblies or .NET Web Services? Are you interested in participating in a Sybase success story about your experience? Or are you interested in presenting a session at TechWave about your experience? If so please contact me at dfish@sybase.com Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ ...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

i wam to deploy web application(asp.net,vb.net) with database and access after install on pc
i wam to deploy web application(asp.net,vb.net) with database and access after install on pc please hellp me step by step...........   Create a virtual directory for your web application through IIS. For installing database you need to give us information that which database you are using....

Web resources about - Deploying to the Web - sybase.powerbuilder.net

Buzz Aldrin deploying the Solar Wind Collector - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Buzz Aldrin is deploying the Solar Wind Collector (SWC), a foil sheet which he is pointing at the Sun. Note the word 'Shade' printed on the bottom ...

Quick guide - Deploying Windows 10 IoT Preview to Raspberry Pi 2 - YouTube
Detailed description: Quick walkthrough on how to deploy and configure Windows 10 Internet of Things (IoT) Preview for a Raspberry Pi 2 device. ...

NATO 'totally' denies deploying troops near Russian border of Ukraine
NATO has denied Russian claims that it was planning to deploy massive numbers of troops near the country's border.

Tony Abbott Has Just Paid His First Visit To Iraq Since Deploying Troops To Fight Islamic State
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has paid his first visit to Baghdad and Iraq.

AusCERT 2013: Deploying BYOD in a government environment
Strong executive desire to use iPhones led the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities to start looking ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

Other nations to follow Australia's success in deploying troops to Iraq
Britain, Canada and the Netherlands are using Australia's process for getting troops into Iraq as a template to authorise their own deployments. ...

Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ...
ABC Online Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ... ABC Online Prime Minister Tony Abbott has ...

ISIS mission: Canada mulls deploying CF-18 jets to join U.S.-led strikes
The federal cabinet will meet next week to discuss deploying Canada's CF-18 fighter jets to join a U.S.-led campaign against the Islamic State ...