Datawindows don't work after migration

I just migrated a POWebuilder 10 application to PB 12
classic.
And then PB12 classic to PB12.net. No errors on migration,
but When I run the application none of my datawindows work.
They are just empty. Any clue of what might be going on
here?
0
Sri
8/9/2010 7:49:05 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Sri;

  Is that from the PB 12 IDE or via a compiled EXE?

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com

"Sri" wrote in message news:4c605bb1.518b.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I just migrated a POWebuilder 10 application to PB 12
> classic.
> And then PB12 classic to PB12.net. No errors on migration,
> but When I run the application none of my datawindows work.
> They are just empty. Any clue of what might be going on
> here?
0
Chris
8/9/2010 7:56:36 PM
Chris,
I am just running the app from IDE. The funny thing is that
I created a brand new window, with a brand new datawindow.
That doesn't work either. But a Solution that I created from
scratch with same window and datawindow , works perfectly
fine.

> Hi Sri;
>

>   Is that from the PB 12 IDE or via a compiled EXE?
>

> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>

> "Sri" wrote in message
> > news:4c605bb1.518b.1681692777@sybase.com... I just
> > migrated a POWebuilder 10 application to PB 12 classic.
> > And then PB12 classic to PB12.net. No errors on
> > migration, but When I run the application none of my
> > datawindows work. They are just empty. Any clue of what
> > might be going on here?
0
sri
8/9/2010 8:16:24 PM
BTW: What O/S version are you using?

It sounds like the older WorkSpace did not migrate properly. I would suggest
the following ....

2) Optimize all your PBL's
3) Do a complete regeneration.
4) Copy the entire folder  sub-folder contents of the PB 10 application to a
new PB 12 work folder
5) Open the old application in PB 12 using the new folder location and let
it migrate
  - Make sure at the start of the migration that ALL the PBL's are in the
path

See if that helps. I did test migrations in PB 12/12.Net beta from source
code back as far as PB version 2 and it all migrated great in PB 12 classic.

"sri" wrote in message news:4c606218.5434.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Chris,
> I am just running the app from IDE. The funny thing is that
> I created a brand new window, with a brand new datawindow.
> That doesn't work either. But a Solution that I created from
> scratch with same window and datawindow , works perfectly
> fine.
>
>> Hi Sri;
>>

>>   Is that from the PB 12 IDE or via a compiled EXE?
>>

>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>

>> "Sri" wrote in message
>> > news:4c605bb1.518b.1681692777@sybase.com... I just
>> > migrated a POWebuilder 10 application to PB 12 classic.
>> > And then PB12 classic to PB12.net. No errors on
>> > migration, but When I run the application none of my
>> > datawindows work. They are just empty. Any clue of what
>> > might be going on here?

0
Chris
8/9/2010 11:41:00 PM
Chris,
I am going to try that now. I am using Windows XP SP3.
Just FYI.. the migration to the PB 12 Classic worked like a
charm. I think the app itselves actually works twice as
fast!!
The funny thing is I did use Beta version and was able to
convert the application very successfully.
Oh.. well... I will post back here, when I am done with all
the steps... here.
Thanks
> BTW: What O/S version are you using?
>
> It sounds like the older WorkSpace did not migrate
> properly. I would suggest  the following ....

> 2) Optimize all your PBL's
> 3) Do a complete regeneration.
> 4) Copy the entire folder  sub-folder contents of the PB
> 10 application to a  new PB 12 work folder
> 5) Open the old application in PB 12 using the new folder
> location and let  it migrate
>   - Make sure at the start of the migration that ALL the
> PBL's are in the  path
>
> See if that helps. I did test migrations in PB 12/12.Net
> beta from source  code back as far as PB version 2 and it
> all migrated great in PB 12 classic.
>

> "sri" wrote in message
> > news:4c606218.5434.1681692777@sybase.com... Chris,
> > I am just running the app from IDE. The funny thing is
> > that I created a brand new window, with a brand new
> > datawindow. That doesn't work either. But a Solution
> > that I created from scratch with same window and
> > datawindow , works perfectly fine.
> >
> >> Hi Sri;
> >>

> >>   Is that from the PB 12 IDE or via a compiled EXE?
> >>

> >> Regards ... Chris
> >> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> >> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> >> SourceForge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass >>

> classic. >> > And then PB12 classic to PB12.net. No errors
> on >> > migration, but When I run the application none of
> my >> > datawindows work. They are just empty. Any clue of
> what >> > might be going on here?

0
sri
8/10/2010 4:04:58 PM
Same troubleshooting techniques apply:

- make sure the transaction is populated
- make sure the transaction CONNECTed successfully
- make sure the transaction is linked to the DataWindow
- do a Describe ("datawindow.syntax") to make sure the dataobject is
found
- capture the SQL in SQLPreview and run it separately to ensure it
returns data
- capture the return value of the Retrieve() function
Etc...

If this is your first time running, my off-the-cuff guess would be that
you're populating the transaction object from an INI that hasn't been
defined as an application resource, so your search will end after the
first bullet above, but it's hard to say from here.

Good luck,

Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten

--
Sent from a device that hobbles my fingers and numbs my brain. Please
excuse any spelling errors, grammatical errors or brevity.
> Same troubleshooting techniques apply:
>
> - make sure the transaction is populated
> - make sure the transaction CONNECTed successfully
> - make sure the transaction is linked to the DataWindow
> - do a Describe ("datawindow.syntax") to make sure the
> dataobject is found
> - capture the SQL in SQLPreview and run it separately to
> ensure it returns data
> - capture the return value of the Retrieve() function
> Etc...
>
> If this is your first time running, my off-the-cuff guess
> would be that you're populating the transaction object
> from an INI that hasn't been defined as an application
> resource, so your search will end after the first bullet
> above, but it's hard to say from here.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> <sri> wrote:
> > Chris,
> > I am just running the app from IDE. The funny thing is
> > that I created a brand new window, with a brand new
> > datawindow. That doesn't work either. But a Solution
> > that I created from scratch with same window and
> > datawindow , works perfectly fine.
> >
> >> Hi Sri;
> >>

> >>   Is that from the PB 12 IDE or via a compiled EXE?
> >>

> >> Regards ... Chris
> >> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> >> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> >> SourceForge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass >>

> classic. >>> And then PB12 classic to PB12.net. No errors
> on >>> migration, but When I run the application none of
> my >>> datawindows work. They are just empty. Any clue of
> what >>> might be going on here?
>

> --
> Sent from a device that hobbles my fingers and numbs my
> brain. Please excuse any spelling errors, grammatical
> errors or brevity.
0
sri
8/10/2010 6:35:56 PM
Chris,
I followed the suggestions and it worked.
I do have one question, what about the OEM controls? How do
we approach that in WPF application. I don't have many, just
a few.
1. We use CodeJock's calendar scheduler.
2. also, Verifones Debit Pin Pad ActiveX control.
Any direction that you may know of, would be greatly
appreciated.
Let me know, if I should open a different topic.
> BTW: What O/S version are you using?
>
> It sounds like the older WorkSpace did not migrate
> properly. I would suggest  the following ....

> 2) Optimize all your PBL's
> 3) Do a complete regeneration.
> 4) Copy the entire folder  sub-folder contents of the PB
> 10 application to a  new PB 12 work folder
> 5) Open the old application in PB 12 using the new folder
> location and let  it migrate
>   - Make sure at the start of the migration that ALL the
> PBL's are in the  path
>
> See if that helps. I did test migrations in PB 12/12.Net
> beta from source  code back as far as PB version 2 and it
> all migrated great in PB 12 classic.
>

> "sri" wrote in message
> > news:4c606218.5434.1681692777@sybase.com... Chris,
> > I am just running the app from IDE. The funny thing is
> > that I created a brand new window, with a brand new
> > datawindow. That doesn't work either. But a Solution
> > that I created from scratch with same window and
> > datawindow , works perfectly fine.
> >
> >> Hi Sri;
> >>

> >>   Is that from the PB 12 IDE or via a compiled EXE?
> >>

> >> Regards ... Chris
> >> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> >> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> >> SourceForge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass >>

> classic. >> > And then PB12 classic to PB12.net. No errors
> on >> > migration, but When I run the application none of
> my >> > datawindows work. They are just empty. Any clue of
> what >> > might be going on here?

0
sri
8/10/2010 6:38:01 PM
The ideal approach would be to see if the vendor has a WPF version of
the control, or if another vendor has a similar WPF control.

Sybase is talking about supporting the migration of OLE Control
references in an upcoming MR, but I wouldn't suggest that as a long term
solution.

<sri> wrote:
> Chris,
> I followed the suggestions and it worked.
> I do have one question, what about the OEM controls? How do
> we approach that in WPF application. I don't have many, just
> a few.
> 1. We use CodeJock's calendar scheduler.
> 2. also, Verifones Debit Pin Pad ActiveX control.
> Any direction that you may know of, would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Let me know, if I should open a different topic.
>> BTW: What O/S version are you using?
>>
>> It sounds like the older WorkSpace did not migrate
>> properly. I would suggest  the following ....

>> 2) Optimize all your PBL's
>> 3) Do a complete regeneration.
>> 4) Copy the entire folder  sub-folder contents of the PB
>> 10 application to a  new PB 12 work folder
>> 5) Open the old application in PB 12 using the new folder
>> location and let  it migrate
>>   - Make sure at the start of the migration that ALL the
>> PBL's are in the  path
>>
>> See if that helps. I did test migrations in PB 12/12.Net
>> beta from source  code back as far as PB version 2 and it
>> all migrated great in PB 12 classic.
>>

>> "sri" wrote in message
>>> news:4c606218.5434.1681692777@sybase.com... Chris,
>>> I am just running the app from IDE. The funny thing is
>>> that I created a brand new window, with a brand new
>>> datawindow. That doesn't work either. But a Solution
>>> that I created from scratch with same window and
>>> datawindow , works perfectly fine.

>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass >>

>> classic. >> > And then PB12 classic to PB12.net. No errors
>> on >> > migration, but When I run the application none of
>> my >> > datawindows work. They are just empty. Any clue of
>> what >> > might be going on here?

0
Bruce
8/10/2010 8:22:13 PM
Thanks Bruce... I would like to approach the WPF way.
> The ideal approach would be to see if the vendor has a WPF
> version of the control, or if another vendor has a similar
> WPF control.
>
> Sybase is talking about supporting the migration of OLE
> Control references in an upcoming MR, but I wouldn't
> suggest that as a long term solution.
>
> <sri> wrote:
> > Chris,
> > I followed the suggestions and it worked.
> > I do have one question, what about the OEM controls? How
> > do we approach that in WPF application. I don't have
> > many, just a few.
> > 1. We use CodeJock's calendar scheduler.
> > 2. also, Verifones Debit Pin Pad ActiveX control.
> > Any direction that you may know of, would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> > Let me know, if I should open a different topic.
> >> BTW: What O/S version are you using?
> >>
> >> It sounds like the older WorkSpace did not migrate
> >> properly. I would suggest  the following ....

> application. >> 2) Optimize all your PBL's
> >> 3) Do a complete regeneration.
> >> 4) Copy the entire folder  sub-folder contents of the
> PB >> 10 application to a  new PB 12 work folder
> >> 5) Open the old application in PB 12 using the new
> folder >> location and let  it migrate
> >>   - Make sure at the start of the migration that ALL
> the >> PBL's are in the  path
> >>
> >> See if that helps. I did test migrations in PB
> 12/12.Net >> beta from source  code back as far as PB
> version 2 and it >> all migrated great in PB 12 classic.

> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass >>

> >> classic. >> > And then PB12 classic to PB12.net. No
> errors >> on >> > migration, but When I run the
> application none of >> my >> > datawindows work. They are
> just empty. Any clue of >> what >> > might be going on
> here? >>
0
sri
8/11/2010 4:14:24 PM
Hi Sri;

  Excellent news .... for the OCX - hopefully the vendor has a WPF version.

"sri" wrote in message news:4c619c89.67e.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Chris,
> I followed the suggestions and it worked.
> I do have one question, what about the OEM controls? How do
> we approach that in WPF application. I don't have many, just
> a few.
> 1. We use CodeJock's calendar scheduler.
> 2. also, Verifones Debit Pin Pad ActiveX control.
> Any direction that you may know of, would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Let me know, if I should open a different topic.
>> BTW: What O/S version are you using?
>>
>> It sounds like the older WorkSpace did not migrate
>> properly. I would suggest  the following ....

>> 2) Optimize all your PBL's
>> 3) Do a complete regeneration.
>> 4) Copy the entire folder  sub-folder contents of the PB
>> 10 application to a  new PB 12 work folder
>> 5) Open the old application in PB 12 using the new folder
>> location and let  it migrate
>>   - Make sure at the start of the migration that ALL the
>> PBL's are in the  path
>>
>> See if that helps. I did test migrations in PB 12/12.Net
>> beta from source  code back as far as PB version 2 and it
>> all migrated great in PB 12 classic.
>>

>> "sri" wrote in message
>> > news:4c606218.5434.1681692777@sybase.com... Chris,
>> > I am just running the app from IDE. The funny thing is
>> > that I created a brand new window, with a brand new
>> > datawindow. That doesn't work either. But a Solution
>> > that I created from scratch with same window and
>> > datawindow , works perfectly fine.

>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass >>

>> classic. >> > And then PB12 classic to PB12.net. No errors
>> on >> > migration, but When I run the application none of
>> my >> > datawindows work. They are just empty. Any clue of
>> what >> > might be going on here?

0
Chris

Sending email via the port 465 of Gmail don't work! I don't know if there are bugs in .NET.
I use the following code to send  email via  Gmail , it works well when I use client.Port = 587, but it doesn't work if I use client.Port = 465 !  but If I use email client software such as Outlook Express with port 465, it woks well, I don't know if there are bugs in .NET.     protected void btnSend_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)    {        //Add Async="true" to .ASPX page         SmtpClient client=new SmtpClient();     ...

I don't know why my code don't work(it's for shopping cart)
I wrote this code for shopping cart.I used c lass for it and i want to store orders in cache.the customer username is in a session.customer select the product from a datalist.but and I want to show the orders in gridview .but when I select some product and go to the page that gridview is in it (shopping cart page)I could,t see any thing.please look at my code and see if I wrote my code incorrect.thanks for your helping me.-------------------------------------------------------------------------  //the code for add product to shopping cart(products are in data list)protected void order(o...

Flash don't show up/youtube don't work
Name: Alexandre Torres Product: Minefield Summary: Flash don't show up/youtube don't work Comments: I'm using the windows 64 bits version of firefox 3, and flash plugin don't seem to work...even restarting firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2 x64; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061007 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

Why don't Call RegisterStartupScript() to call java don't work in ajax
normal I can use this code call java script in  .aspx page  protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { ......some thing........Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Page.GetType(), "OnLoad2", "RefreshMainpage();", true); } but  i use this code when  my buttom1 is drop on Updatepanel  then buttom1 clicked  RefreshMainpage(); don't work how To call java script in .aspx page when work with AJAX   thank    Use ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript inste...

Certain sites don't load; certain menu scripts don't work
Bundling two issues in one post here. WindowsXP machine Netscape 7.0 One of three computers in home network Shared DSL connection 1) Some Web sites inexplicably don't open in Netscape, but do open in IE6 on the same computer, and IE on the home's other computers. I don't remember all sites that never open in Netscape, but three of them are emusic.com, travelocity.com, and expedia.com. I get "Sending request to www.emusic.com..." indefinitely. Closing the program and reopening it doesn't work. 2) Certain menu scripts don't work in Netscape. Two sit...

I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are comp
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are compatible with Windows 7. Thank you. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sen...

AJAX.NET and ASP.NET 2.0 don't work together
I've been working on a page that uses a messaging component which utilizes AJAX.NET.  I attempted to implement an ASP.NET 2.0 callback and now neither one will return a value to the client.  Is there some configuration I need to modify or some bit of code that I can utilize to fix this? hello. well, i think there really shouldn't be any problem with using both approaches. can you provide a simple demo page that reproduces this problem?-- Regards,Luis Abreuemail: labreu_at_gmail.comEN blog:http://msmvps.com/blogs/luisabreu I've wired up the body tag to fire off...

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

ASP.Net's validator controls & the autopostback function don't work!
Hello,These built-in features don't work because the programmer thought that it would be a nice thing to comment them out. So every script that is rendered into the page is commented out with<!--...-->Of course rendering them completely non-functional.I certainly hope that coder was fired! Anyhow, how do I either:1) remove the comments?2) make the engine render them in separate .js files?3) remove the comments and insert//<![CDATA[...//]]>instead?// signaturehaf.se to remove comments you delete the <!-- and the --> until your code does not appear "green" anymore.  Bu...

Isn't working... I don't understand?
I'm trying to put together a very simple page where you can click the up and down button to move the item up or down in the list and save the new list into the database. I've run the stored procedure... and it works so Its not a procedure problem. Here is the list in my databaseOrder_Id        Item         Position1                  Sebring     12                  GrandPri...

Can't Display solutions don't work
About a week or two ago my firefox browser began to display 'can't display' or 'server cannot connect' messages. When this happened I opened up IE (Beta) and when I put the same page firefox couldn't display into IE, the page came up instantly. When the page came up for IE it instantly came up for Firefox too. I began to notice this trend, when can't display occurred I could open it in another browser and once I did this it would come up for a time with mozilla. I searched the issue for can't display, and did many methods people recommended in that cas...

i'm not happy that Firefox 2 doesn't work with Flash, and you don't even list it as a known issue
Name: kb Product: Firefox Summary: i'm not happy that Firefox 2 doesn't work with Flash, and you don't even list it as a known issue Comments: doesn't sound loke good DevTest before release if you haven't listed the problems with Flash. I have to close Firefox and resort to IE. So IE, is still widely used on my computer since Firefox continues to not work all the time. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

superreview granted: [Bug 340083] Crash [@ nsSVGPathGeometryFrame::GetCanvasTM] with image in title in defs : [Attachment 224205] don't create frames for content we don't handle, don't invalidate nond
Robert O'Callahan (Novell) <roc@ocallahan.org> has granted superreview: Bug 340083: Crash [@ nsSVGPathGeometryFrame::GetCanvasTM] with image in title in defs https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=340083 Attachment 224205: don't create frames for content we don't handle, don't invalidate nondisplay content https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=224205&action=edit ...

I don't understand why something so simple doesn't work?
I'm trying to reference that javascript file... Common.js. Its in the right directory... but no matter what the page isn't picking this file up... I think I need another set of eyes?     MasterPage1 <%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.cs" Inherits="MasterPage" %> 2 <%@ Register TagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" %> 3 4 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transit...

Web resources about - Datawindows don't work after migration - sybase.powerbuilder.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo