WSOCK32.DLL and Powerbuilder.

Hello.

Can somebody help me with some examples of calling functions in the
WSOCK32.DLL (WSAStartUp, GetHostName, GetHostByName, WSACleanUp)
and the KERNEL32.DLL function RtlMoveMemory. I'm trying to determine the
dynamically assigned IP address from my ISP from within an PB 7.0.2
application.

Regards,
Johan Bakker

0
Johan

Try this -- http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/PB/tips/pbtip14.htm

--
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Johan Bakker" <jm.bakker@pragmatic.nl> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> Can somebody help me with some examples of calling functions in the
> WSOCK32.DLL (WSAStartUp, GetHostName, GetHostByName, WSACleanUp)
> and the KERNEL32.DLL function RtlMoveMemory. I'm trying to determine the
> dynamically assigned IP address from my ISP from within an PB 7.0.2
> application.
>
> Regards,
> Johan Bakker

0
Roy
9/10/2000 9:51:20 PM
Roy,

Thanks. I managed to get the IP address of the machine in the local network.
I did not succeed in getting the IP address that my Internet Service
Provider assigned to me, the machin then has 2 IP adresses. Do you or
someone else have some more suggestions ?

Johan Bakker.

Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] <SPAM_FREE_rkiesler@noblestar.com> schreef in
berichtnieuws q01kcK3GAHA.281@forums.sybase.com...
> Try this -- http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/PB/tips/pbtip14.htm
>
> --
> pbm_hopethishelps,
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com
> MySybase - http://my.sybase.com
>
> "Johan Bakker" <jm.bakker@pragmatic.nl> wrote in message
> > Hello.
> >
> > Can somebody help me with some examples of calling functions in the
> > WSOCK32.DLL (WSAStartUp, GetHostName, GetHostByName, WSACleanUp)
> > and the KERNEL32.DLL function RtlMoveMemory. I'm trying to determine the
> > dynamically assigned IP address from my ISP from within an PB 7.0.2
> > application.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Johan Bakker

0
Johan

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11
Hi, We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts application. This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204. I am able to build the dll on my development machine and properly register the dll on my development machine on windows 7. When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32. No error is displayed and the message box identifing that the registration was successful is never displayed. I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the powerbuilder runtime packager. I also deployed...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_C...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Powerbuilder dll
I am curious to know what dll is required to interact between Powerbuilder 8.0.3 build 9933 and an Oracle 9i database? Where can this dll be found(i.e. download)? PB09080.DLL and it comes with PowerBuilder. It may have come in 8.04 or a later EBF though. On 27 Jul 2004 05:39:05 -0700, jeff s wrote: >I am curious to know what dll is required to interact >between Powerbuilder 8.0.3 build 9933 and an Oracle 9i >database? Where can this dll be found(i.e. download)? Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Vote for PocketBuilder in the Mobile Village awar...

PowerBuilde DLL
I have required a PB 11.5 dll in our application. How I will get the dll? Well, which one? There are quite a few... I'm assuming that you mean the PBVM, which is just the runtime environment, not the full IDE. This can be downloaded from the SPDC at http://sybase.subscribenet.com -- Paul Horan[Sybase] http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/ <Partha> wrote in message news:4b4653ea.656.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have required a PB 11.5 dll in our application. > How I will get the dll? You can copy the files required for deployed applications from the IDE inst...

Delphi dll
I'm developing a dll file in Delphi 7 in order to use it in a Powerbuilder 10.5 application. I get strange results in PB when i try to pass a string through a function or procedure. I've tried pchar, pwidechar, lpstr, lpctstr in D7 and string or REF string in PB, but nothing seems to be working properly. The function in D7 is quite simple, i just take a string for input, encode it and return an encoded string for output. In PB i get a lot of "squares" in my output string. There seems to be a problem reading (from PB) the memory address that is pointed out from D...

PowerBuilder and Delphi dll
Hello, Some time ago, I met in this newsgroup a message about using dll-library, written on delphi, in PowerBuilder. > I have created a DLL in Delphi6 including the following functions: > > function OpenConn : longint; export; stdcall; > function CloseConn : longint; export; stdcall; > function Request (args : pchar) : longint; export; stdcall; > function AddParam (sP, sV : pchar) : longint; export; stdcall; > function ClrParam : longint; export; stdcall; > procedure WSACloseAll; export; stdcall; > > "translated" in powerscript by > ...

notes powerbuilder DLL
Hi,everyone: I have a problem about notes enable programm.When i open notes pbl app,after i click "select" button ,a dll problem occured and pb exit.Any idea? thanks in advance. NT workstation 4.0 Notes 4.5 Pb 6.0 W/o the DLL error, I can only guess that maybe notes is not in the path... Mark -- Mark Pfeifer[Team PS] mpfeifer@sprynet.com ...

TAPI32.DLL and PowerBuilder
Does anyone know where I can find PowerBuilder examples or documentation for making calls to the MS TAPI32.DLL from PowerBuilder NVOs? I have searched Microsoft's site and MS TechNet for TAPI32.DLL documentation on the TAPI32.DLL without much luck. TIA Chris Altvater Have you looked at the TAPI QuickStart section in MSDN Online (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/psdk/tapi3/tapio vr1_4zxw.htm)? It has a link to a number of code samples. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySyba...

Powerbuilder
I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe. How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can anyone pl guide me. thanks. Shaikh moin If you are using ASA 6 then look in the Help... ASA User's Guide PART 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use CHAPTER 27. Deploying Databases and Applications Using a silent installation for deployment If you are using SQL Anywhere 5 try looking here... SQL Anywhere User's Guide ...