winsock program with pb

hi everyone:

   what's the best way to develop  winsock pb program? winsock.pbl or
MSWINSCK.OCX or ?

0
lwl

winsock pb program
hi everyone: what's the best way to develop winsock pb program? winsock.pbl or MSWINSCK.OCX or ? http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_winsock.html "lwl" <lwl@esunsoft.cn> wrote in message news:4a954fad@forums-1-dub... > hi everyone: > > what's the best way to develop winsock pb program? winsock.pbl or > MSWINSCK.OCX or ? > > > ...

WinSock Programming in Powerbuilder
Hi, I have a application server developed in PowerBuilder 5.0 on Windows NT, we have around 400 clients. Clients sends/recieve message to server using Mailslot (UDP) protcol for further processing to other system. It is a two way message communication between client and server. Since message through mail slot communication layer is not supported in higher version (windows 2000). We want to change communication layer to winsock - TCP. We are trying to do this, using third party OCX control using OLE. Can any one help to find reliable third party tool which can be impemented in PB 5....

About pixel convert PB unit at other program(Non PB program)
I want develop a program using VC++ for end user to modify datawindow or report, but I don't know how to convert pixel to PB units, anybody can tell me the convert formula. Join.Kee in China shenzhen joinkee@163.com You calculate yourself: AlphaX = PixelsToUnits (MaxInteger, XPixelsToUnits!) / MaxInteger AlphaY = PixelsToUnits (MaxInteger, YPixelsToUnits!) / MaxInteger where AlphaX and AlphaY are integers. Run PB window and calculate AlphaX and AlphaY in it. Above formulas will give you multipliers to convert from pixel to PBUnits: Xpbunit = AlphaX * Xpixel ...

PB 8 program won't run on non-powerbuilder machines
I have this progam in PB8 that works fine on the development machine. When I install the executable and the required dll's on a machine with an older version of PB it works. When I install the executable and the required dll's on a machine with out any PB files on it I get a SQL STATE = 08004 Watcom sql rejected; database page size too big, I have increase the page size to the max but that didn't fix it. I installed all the dll that the PB8 manual said. Does anyone have any idea what I could try? Trevor Gum email: Trevor_Gum@mail.mpl.com ...

Make PB program a TSR program
Dear all, Anyone know how to make a PB program a TSR program ? Systray program? thanks A TSR? Isn't that a 16-bit DOS terminology? That's a no-can-do for PB. You can wrap a PB app as an NT service using 3rd party tools -- that's about the extent of this concept. SysTray -- have a look at http://rkiesler.home.mindspring.com/win32api/shellsrv.htm -- specifically, the of_AddToSysTray, of _ModifySysTray and of_RemoveFromSysTray functions. Note that the demo app is PFC-based, but you can easily de-couple the required APIs from it. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Ki...

ActiveX PB Window talking to web.pb program..
I have created a window and have put it in a web page as an activeX object. I than InvokeFunction on the window to return a string. I would like to pass this string to a web.pb script.. First is this possible.. and second.. how do I do it.. I used the identical script in the activeX manual of PB6, and can get the variable back.. but am not sure how to pass it to the submit button.. larry gold Larry, You could use the INET object to do a POSTURL or GETURL. These methods would allow you to pass the string value to Web.PB and to also receive back the results. The best...

Using winsock in PB client to connect to non-PB server
I am new to OCX controls. I need to build a client interface in PB7 to connect to a remote host . I am trying to use Winsck.ocx, without success. Can somebody guide me to build a simple window that talks to the server and sends and receives data ? Thanks in advance Praveen Toronto I need this answers too "SASP Consultants" <sasp@rogers.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:bo5O4$N5CHA.289@forums.sybase.com... > I am new to OCX controls. I need to build a client interface in PB7 to > connect to a remote host . I am trying to use Winsck.ocx, without su...

Winsock with PB
Hi all How I can use WINSOCK with PB Regard Soopsawat, I guess you could use it like you would any DLL. You could define external functions mapping to the functions in the winsock dll. Hope this helps. "Soopsawat Arakputtananta" <powerpig@aroma.com> wrote in message news:3b15827e.2969800@forums.sybase.com... > Hi all > How I can use WINSOCK with PB > > Regard On Wed, 30 May 2001 23:33:32 GMT, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Soopsawat Arakputtananta <powerpig@aroma.com> wrote: >Hi all > How I can use WINSOCK...

Winsock in PB
I want know if will be implemented a WINSOCK object in next version of PB (7.7 ,8) I need this, today I used an OCX (MSWSK) Thanks in advance I don't know but you can also get it from here ' http://computers.science.org/PowerBuilder/winsock/ Mirko Di Tommaso wrote: > I want know if will be implemented a WINSOCK object in next version of > PB (7.7 ,8) > > I need this, today I used an OCX (MSWSK) > > Thanks in advance Thanks I have get it Ken Drendel <Kdrendel@hotmail.com> wrote in message 3857B23F.6D2191A7@hotmail.com... > I d...

winsock in PB
Hi, I need to access a mailserver in PB. All I want to do is send e-mail, so I need to connect to the mailserver at port 25 and send the commands. I know what commands to send (already did it in another language) but I can't figure out how to connect to the mailserver. Probably I have to declare some external fuctions, conained in WINSOCK.DLL. I've searched the net for examples (even newsgroups) but found nothing that is PB-only. Only DLL's written in VB or C that I need to include in my PB-application. Is there really no "clean" way to do it in PB? So I ...

powerbuilder program in citrix environment
We have a program written in powerbuilder deployed using citrix. Users connect to our program through citrix log on. The program runs in citrix server and user sees the seamless screen. From this program we need to execute a client program such as excel, acrobat reader or Internet explorer . 1) Used run command in powerbuilder but excel or iexplore runs in server side and screen transmit to user. 2) Tried using ole and show the files but same thing. can anyone help with this? Thank you in advance If not "seamless" does it work? (ie - log into a Citrix deskto...

winsock programming
I hope someone will be able to help me. I am using PB10.5 build 4523 and I am trying to obtain the ip address and port of connected client socket uisng the winsock 2 API WS2_32.dll I have declared an extranl function as follows Function Integer getpeername( uint socket, Ref sockaddr addr,Ref integer addrlen ) Library "ws2_32.dll" and I then make a call to this external function from within a function I created named of_getpeername which accepts aui_socket as an argument, where aui_socket is the handle to the connected socket. as show below: Integer li_rtn, li_l...

How to programmed in PB ?
Hello to you, I'm newbie using pb8.02 My background is in VFP/VB I usually design window/form like : w_1 : contains grid then some button at below ([Add] [Edit] [Delete]) when [Add] or [Edit] or [Delete] clicked then w_2 showed contains : Customer ID : ______ (sle) single line edit customer Name : _________________ (sle) Address : _________________ (sle) City : _________________ (sle) [Save] [Cancel] How to programmed it in PB ? Please give the sample or guide me step by step I also wanna asked, in generall PB folks do in window "w_2" b...

PB with other programs
Hi people I would like to know how my aplication can interactuar with other programs for example , how can i scanear. I suppose that my aplication can launch one window of the software scaner. Thanks a lot Tino You'll need to do a little reading on OLE (automation). I would start by looking this subject up in the online manuals for Powerbuilder. Not sure I understand your translation, but I think you are talking about controling an optical scanner from within Powerbuilder??? Depending on your environment (Windows?) you may have availble an Active-X scanning contro...

Web resources about - winsock program with pb - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Winsock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , the Windows Sockets API (WSA) , which was later shortened to Winsock , is a technical specification that defines how Windows network ...

Thanks for Trumpet Winsock - Recognising an unsung hero
Recognising an unsung hero Do you remember connecting to the Internet in 1994 or 1995? Those of you do probably remember Trumpet Winsock. That ...

WinSock and more Open Source for your Windows Store apps
... platform commonality through universal Windows app... Today I want to follow up with some exciting news about the availability of WinSock and ...

David Treadwell - CrunchBase Profile
David Treadwell is corporate vice president of Microsoft’s Live Platform Services, a group that’s defining and implementing the next generation ...

Spyware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spyware is a type of malware (malicious software) installed on computers that collects information about users without their knowledge. The presence ...

ActiveXperts Software - Product overview
Network Monitoring products and Windows Development components and tools by ActiveXperts Software

Weblib Database @ Alaska Software
... compatibility Version(1)Date(14.03.1900)Time(15:00:00)Size(93431)Needs(1.3.212)OS(W32)Format(ZIP)Language(Intl)Keywords(Socket, Internet, Winsock, ...

Freelancing tips - Binary Tides
... Adsense Database Freelancing Linux Programming Hacking Networking PHP Php Snippets Tutorial Socket Programming C Java Perl PHP Python Winsock ...

U-Mail邮件系统常见的退信分析 - U-MAIL邮件服务器资讯 - 比特博客
U-Mail邮件系统常见的退信分析看退信最下面的日志,并按照相应的错误信息进行匹配。511 sorry, no mailbox here by that nameunknown user account... User unknownName server r ..