Why does an rich text datawindow print after another datawindow even when sent to the printer first?

I am opening a print job with PrintOpen(), and then printing 3 datawindows
with PrintDatawindow.  The first is a regular datawindow, the second is a
richtext datawindow and the third is a regular datawindow.  The rich text
datawindow always gets printed last.  Has anyone else run across this?  Is
there anything I can do?

0
Libby

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Printing a Rich Text datawindow
When I print one of my rich text datawindows, occasionally for some lines, the lines are printed past the left margin of the page and sometimes the lines are printed left justified with no margins. This problem someitmes never occurs but when it does it occurs in 1 in every 10 documents. My print driver is up to date and I do not think it is a resource issue. Any suggestions? ...

PB9: DataWindow.Printer vs. DataWindow.Print.PrinterName
In PB8, dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Printer allowed you to direct Print functions for the DW to a specific printer. In PB9, dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Print.PrinterName is supposed to provide that capability, but dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Printer still exists. What is the difference? When should each property be used? TIA, Chet The only thing I can see is that possible the DataWindow.Printer is still here for backwards compatibility.... It seems that the .printer only affects setting the printer for that datawindow and does not change it for the PB or System default printe...

Datawindows printing with generic text printers
How can I print a datawindow with printer's font on a dot matrix printer ? How can I switch from normal (e.g. 10 cpi font) to condensed (15 or 17 cpi font) for various parts of the datawindow? What I want to realize here is to print the header with one pitch and the body or footer with another. TEK On Wed, 06 Aug 1997 07:45:46 GMT, tek@dueffe.it (TEK IT Solutions) wrote: >How can I print a datawindow with printer's font on a dot matrix >printer ? How can I switch from normal (e.g. 10 cpi font) to condensed >(15 or 17 cpi font) for various parts of the datawind...

Rich Text Datawindow Printing Problem
I have a rte datawindow as a datastore that I send to the printer. The first copy prints fine, the subsequent copies lose data sporadically. It doesn't happen everywhere (we have several installations). It doesn't happen if I use a datawindow and preview it before I print. Environment: win95, pb 5.0.02, sqlanywhere 5.5.02 any suggestions appreciated, mark ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Inserting datawindow to another datawindow
Hello, what is the best (ok, any) method of inserting all visual objects from first datawindow to second datawindow, while keeping the objects from second datawindow on their place? Thank you for your time :-) Jakub Janda The best method would be to go back to design :-)) pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik "Jakub Janda" <Jakub.Janda@empire.cz> wrote in message news:mRGyciwUAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > > what is the best (ok, any) method of inserting all visual objects > from first datawindow to second datawi...

copy a datawindow into another datawindow
I have an instance datawindow declared : Ex: u_dw idw Then I do the following function: Function : of_registerdw(datawindow adw) Script : idw = adw In another function I want to set another datawindow(ldw) equal to idw I thought : u_dw ldw ldw = idw But when I destroy idw, also ldw is destroyed and that may not happen. How can I copy idw into ldw without destroying ldw when I destroy idw? Thanks for your time! Sandra Sandra, All you are doing is copying object reference to another variable. You are not actually copying datawindow. Use rows...

Printing One Copy of the DataWindow to the Default Printer, Then Setting In Code a Second Printer and printing to it
I have a situation where I want to be able to allow the user to print to multiple printers with a single menu option. the way I thought this could be done is by first issuing the Print() function that would sent the first copy to the default printer, then In Code (ie. I don't want to us the PrintSetup() Function) I want to switch to a second printer and Issue the Print() function. I have not been able to find anyway of doing this in PB. Please let me know if I'm not looking hard enough or do I have to use Windows API Calls to do this. If you or anyone you know have, have trie...

Print DataWindow on "Generic/Text only " printer
I have some big inventory reports which I want to print using "Generic/Text only" printer driver (faster output) but it seems that the page break depends on the size of the font and it is sent after the 12th or so inch (even if I've specified A4). How can I make it work as it should be, or is there any other way to have a fast output on a dot-matrix printer? Win Nt 4.0 PB 5.0.3 Thanks Marios Tofarides page break ...

Printing problem on datawindow with Rich Text presentation style
Hello all, Please help me if you know how to solve the following problem: When I print the Rich Text datawindow which contains Chinese and English characters by using different printers, although the content of the output is the same, the datawindow are not printed on the same place due to the line space is different. I want to obtain the same result no matter the Datawindow is printed with different printers. Thank you for every help. May ...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Printing first page of report (datawindow) to upper tray of printer
I have a report where the first page needs to print on a letter head (upper tray) and the rest on regular paper (lower tray). The report is a rich text datawindow. Does anyone have any ideas? In Word, you have the option of choosing the source of the first page and the source for the rest of the pages. If you can nail the issue to a printer -- or printer family -- you may try looking at your printer manual. Often the escape sequences to accomplish this sort of thing are easy to code. You could then print via a print job and start it with the proper escape sequence. (We do this...

Web resources about - Why does an rich text datawindow print after another datawindow even when sent to the printer first? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo