Web Browser OLE

I'm using the Microsoft Web Browser OLE (Shell.Explorer) to open up pdf's
and doc's in PB. The only problem is that when I open up a doc file the menu
bar for the save button isn't visible (I know it can be added by
right-clicking and showing the standard menu). The thing is I want to add a
PB button that will do the save for me. How can I manipulate the browser OLE
to allow me to save the doc file inside the browser?

0
TRAX

Powerbuilder ole web browser
Powerbuilder 10.2 / PB 11.1 Open a website with the ole webbrowser work fine. Except that I can not select from a drop down. Does not matter what website i open, it simply does not work. Using <ALT><Arrow down> and <Arrow down> to scroll to the correct field and pressing <ENTER> works fine. Is this normal behaviour? Thanks Eric This seems to be to do with IE7. There is a discussion here: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1070374&SiteID=1 I can't see any easy fix from PB but see for yourself. The article points to ...

How to open new browser window for ole web browser control?
I insert a web browser control in my PB window, and I place a command button named "New Browser" in order to open a new browser window, I set the code for clicked event of the command button as follows: oleobject lob_browser boolean lb_cancel = True ole_1.Event newwindow2(lob_browser, lb_cancel ) the result is NO any window was opened. What is the problem? In addition, How can I obtain the current URL when the browser is navigating? Thanks a lot. ...

ole web browser
Hi When I am trying to resize an ole browser, (Microsoft web browser), the object within the ole resize in an odd way. I figured out that the measurement units of the object, within the ole, is different from the ole measurement units. How can I synchronize between the ole and the object so when I am resizing the ole the object within the ole will resize too, to fill the ole display area? thanks. ZAky Have a look at http://www.teamsybase.com/roy.kiesler/downloads/wbc70.zip -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://cgi...

OLE Web Browser ?
When performing a naviagate - Does navigate do a post or a get? If it does a get how do I do a post? I'm not sure the answer to your specific question, however I do have a suggestion. Using the OLE browser is not the best way to send out automated url posts or gets. Use the built in PB Inet object, which does give you control over whether a POST or GET is used. > When performing a naviagate - > > Does navigate do a post or a get? If it does a get how do > I do a post? > > > Will this allow me to operate a web browser within a pb window? If...

OLE Web Browser Control
Everyone, Not getting argument values in the BeforeNavigate2 or NavigateComplete2 events when the ole control is embedded on a window during runtime executable. Get the arguments running within development, but not at runtime. Using PB 7.03 build 10312. Noticed after some research, this is an on-again/off-again things with certain builds. Willing to migrate to any version of PB that this is working. Please let me know, ASAP. Email jsmitchell@kforce.com and or respond to the group. TIA!!! Thanks, Scott http://www.topwizprogramming.com/ "some dude" <some...

Web Browser Ole Control
I have a window with the Web Browser ole object in it. I'd like to close that window based on action taken within the Web page, without getting the IE message: "The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close the window?" Is there a way around that? Thanks in advance. AFAIK, not -- the emssage is displayed by IE, not PB, and unless there is a global IE setting (which I am not aware of) to suppress this behavior, you're out of luck here. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchan...

ole web browser control
ok I put one of these microsoft we browser controls on a window how do I use it? is there anywhere where I can read up on this? Warren Take a look at http://www.teamsybase.com/roy.kiesler/downloads/wbc70.zip Note: the demo app is PFC-based, so you'll need to add the PFC PBLs to the library list before you can run it. That said, the demo can be ported to native PB very easilly. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "Warren Harris" <admin@harrisoftware.com> wrote in message news...

Printing from Web Browser OLE
I am displaying raw XML in Microsoft Web Browser OLE Control. I need to provide the user with the ability to print the xml but I do not want to ensure that the URL is not displayed in the header or footer of the printout. Is there a way to clear out the header and footer values through the ole object. Thanks The URL in the header/footer is a browser setting. If you open any page in the browser and select File | Page Setup from the menu, you'll see the header setting that looks similar to "&w&bPage &p of &P" and a footer setting that looks like "...

OLE Web Browser integration
I am trying to integrate a web browser in a mouse-less application. We use function keys instead of the mouse clicks. I want to be able to capture the escape key if the focus is accidentally placed inside the browser ole object. I have been able to map the function keys to an invisible menu as shortcut keys, but there is no shortcut key for "escape". It is pretty important to us to be able to capture the escape key, as it is the consistent close-window key throughout the application. Any ideas? I've tried just about everything I can think of. I forgot to mention...

OLE Web Browser in PB
We have requirement in our project to use OLE Web Browser to open up a site. I am not aware of the functions which are avialable thru it. If would be great if anyone could provide me with some information regarding the functions /events avialable in the OLE web Browser. Basically, you want ole_web_browser.object.Navigate(ls_Url). Here's your resource: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa752043.aspx > We have requirement in our project to use OLE Web Browser > to open up a site. I am not aware of the functions which > are avialable thru it. If would be great ...

Web Browser OLE Control
I am trying to integrate a web browser in a mouse-less application, using IE 4, service pack 2, and PB 503. We use function keys instead of the mouse clicks. I want to be able to capture the escape key if the focus is accidentally placed inside the browser ole object. I have been able to map the function keys to an invisible menu as shortcut keys, but there is no shortcut key for "escape". It is pretty important to us to be able to capture the escape key, as it is the consistent close-window key throughout the application. Also, I have found that before focus is lost...

OLE Web Browser Problem
Was told to post this here..so here it is again :) This code works perfect in 6.5 but in 10 I am getting an external exception - basically it dies on assigning the width and height of the ole control. I used message boxes to check the widths and heights of the ole_image and r_image and they are valid...but as soon as I try and do the assignment I get an error message telling me that the Component Died...and that the Error: Error accessing external object property at line 41...etc. The ole custom control is the microsoft web browser. ole_image.object.width = UnitsToPixels (r_im...

Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder
Greetings, I have developed an application using the Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder 6.5. I followed the example from Sybase Technotes at http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47945 I am using the ole_1.object.Navigate( url ) method to get to the desired site, but the site is loaded, I want to get elements off the resulting window or to just get the source of the web page. I can parse out the results I am looking for. I have reviewed the Microsoft Web Browser Control documentation at http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/WebBrowser/RefList_VB.asp but have been un...

OLE Object
Environment: PB8.0.3, W2K. OLE Object: Microsoft Web Browser (ole_1) Why I receive error as "Null object reference" at Oo.Open('text/html')? Have I missed any part? Thanks in advance. Mathew. _PowerScript:_ oleObject Oo Oo = This.ole_1.object.application.document If Not IsValid( Oo ) Then Return -1 Oo.Open( 'text/html' ) Thanks. Got the answer. It works At object constructor: This.Object.Navigate( "about:blank" ) Chacko wrote: > Environment: PB8.0.3, W2K. > OLE...

Web resources about - Web Browser OLE - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Blind Browser
Nifty idea from Charlie Deets: a browser for web designers working on retina displays, to test how sites look on non-retina displays.

Nokia Browser for Symbian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Copy paste support is poor. If you have a device with no Control-key or Pen-key, you can not copy paste in most web forms. With older Nokia models, ...

Browser-based jailbreak for iOS 9.1 and 9.2 beta exists, but don’t expect it to see the light of day
... 9.2 beta —without even needing to plug it into a computer. Our iOS #0day bounty has expired & we have one winning team who made a remote browser-based ...

Mozilla Releases Firefox Web Browser on iOS
Mozilla has announced the release of its Firefox Web browser app on iOS devices. The app allows users to connect their Firefox account to access ...

Finally, Mozilla’s Firefox Web browser is now available on iOS
Better late than never? At long last, Mozilla has released its popular Web browser on iOS. Thats right: You can now browse the Web on your iPhone, ...

Avast 2016 ships with password manager, SafeZone browser
... details, too), but also syncs them with your mobile devices via new iOS and Android apps. The commercial editions also get the SafeZone browser, ...

Top 10 Free Must Have SEO Browser Plugins
... like ScreamingFrog, SearchMetrics, Majestic, Ahrefs, SEMRush, and the list could go on and on, but people often overlook the power of browser ...

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella: Smart agents like Cortana will replace the web browser
First, we had the PC. Then we had the browser. Next, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella thinks it will be the "agent," the sort of virtual assistant ...

You can finally use Mozilla’s Firefox web browser on iOS
... Mozilla has finally brought Firefox to iOS devices around the world, after first appearing on Android more than three years ago. The browser ...

Want to play an 8-bit version of Odin Sphere in your browser? Take to Twitter
... neat little promotion for their upcoming ports of Odin Sphere . If 28,888 people tweet out that they're interested, we'll unlock an 8-bit browser ...