Web Browser OLE Control

I am trying to integrate a web browser in a mouse-less application,
using IE 4, service pack 2, and PB 503.  We
use function keys instead of the mouse clicks.  I want to be able to
capture the escape key if the focus is accidentally placed inside the
browser ole object.  I have been able to map the function keys to an
invisible menu as shortcut keys, but there is no shortcut key for
"escape".  It is pretty important to us to be able to capture the escape

key, as it is the consistent close-window key throughout the
application.  Also, I have found that before focus is lost to the ole
control, the user cannot scroll with the scroll keys or pageup/pagedown
keys.  Any ideas?  I've tried just about everything I can think
of, and trying to find this info on microsoft's site is nearly
impossible.  Thanks for your help.

0
Dan

How to open new browser window for ole web browser control?
I insert a web browser control in my PB window, and I place a command button named "New Browser" in order to open a new browser window, I set the code for clicked event of the command button as follows: oleobject lob_browser boolean lb_cancel = True ole_1.Event newwindow2(lob_browser, lb_cancel ) the result is NO any window was opened. What is the problem? In addition, How can I obtain the current URL when the browser is navigating? Thanks a lot. ...

MS Web Browser Ole Control
Im using the MS Web Browser Ole Control in PB 7.02 and wrote a web browser for our users. We restrict what websites a user can go to by having it connected to a DB. In the DB is a list of sites they can go to. I was able to get all this working but my problem is that the user can just hit CONTROL+N and this will open up the normal IE program in a new window. Then the user can just go wherever they want to. I need a way to prevent CONTROL+N from opening IE. I have tried using pbm_syskeydown but it never gets called. Any ideas? Thanks. You need to be able to respond to IE ...

ole web browser control
ok I put one of these microsoft we browser controls on a window how do I use it? is there anywhere where I can read up on this? Warren Take a look at http://www.teamsybase.com/roy.kiesler/downloads/wbc70.zip Note: the demo app is PFC-based, so you'll need to add the PFC PBLs to the library list before you can run it. That said, the demo can be ported to native PB very easilly. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "Warren Harris" <admin@harrisoftware.com> wrote in message news...

Powerbuilder ole web browser
Powerbuilder 10.2 / PB 11.1 Open a website with the ole webbrowser work fine. Except that I can not select from a drop down. Does not matter what website i open, it simply does not work. Using <ALT><Arrow down> and <Arrow down> to scroll to the correct field and pressing <ENTER> works fine. Is this normal behaviour? Thanks Eric This seems to be to do with IE7. There is a discussion here: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1070374&SiteID=1 I can't see any easy fix from PB but see for yourself. The article points to ...

Web Browser Ole Control
I have a window with the Web Browser ole object in it. I'd like to close that window based on action taken within the Web page, without getting the IE message: "The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close the window?" Is there a way around that? Thanks in advance. AFAIK, not -- the emssage is displayed by IE, not PB, and unless there is a global IE setting (which I am not aware of) to suppress this behavior, you're out of luck here. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchan...

OLE Web Browser Control
Everyone, Not getting argument values in the BeforeNavigate2 or NavigateComplete2 events when the ole control is embedded on a window during runtime executable. Get the arguments running within development, but not at runtime. Using PB 7.03 build 10312. Noticed after some research, this is an on-again/off-again things with certain builds. Willing to migrate to any version of PB that this is working. Please let me know, ASAP. Email jsmitchell@kforce.com and or respond to the group. TIA!!! Thanks, Scott http://www.topwizprogramming.com/ "some dude" <some...

Web Browser OLE Control #2
I am trying to integrate a Mapquest map into an application using the Microsoft Web Browser OLE Control. I am able to get it to pull up the correct map for an address taken from a database. My problem is that the OLE control is very small and when the webpage loads all you can see is the top left corner of the browser window (consisting of the mapquest logo and a big banner ad...not so useful). I would like the map to be centered in the control. I can think of two possible solutions, though I have no clue how to implement them: 1. Make the browser window automatically scr...

Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder
Greetings, I have developed an application using the Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder 6.5. I followed the example from Sybase Technotes at http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47945 I am using the ole_1.object.Navigate( url ) method to get to the desired site, but the site is loaded, I want to get elements off the resulting window or to just get the source of the web page. I can parse out the results I am looking for. I have reviewed the Microsoft Web Browser Control documentation at http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/WebBrowser/RefList_VB.asp but have been un...

web browser OLE control problem
using web browser OLE control,load a html file,call javascript functions within html,like: string ls_htmlfile ls_htmlfile = 'abc.htm' ole_1.object.Navigate(ls_htmlfile) //load a html file //sethtml is a js function within abc.htm ole_1.Object.document.ParentWindow.sethtml(ls_htmlbody) above scripts will take error ,because the htm file must be loaded before i can call js functions with it .but how can i know when the file is loaded completed? pls help. Not my area of expertise, but I'll take a stab. I have an EAServer app that uses an OLE Application to ...

Web Browser OLE control problem
I tried to stop popup windows by setting cancel_args to true in the newwindow2 event ( I thought it was supposed to be newwindow event but I saw only newWindow2 event in the ole.) That did not get executed. ( Inow this because I did not see the messgebox I placed there) Help would be appreciated. This event does not fire under PB -- you have to create a wrapper control in VB/VC/other to trap it and re-direct to a PB event. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "dun" <blackstar4eMail@either.com> wro...

Ole Microsoft Web Browser Control
Hi, i would like open a html page in my DW. No problem with OLE.object.navigate(URL) but my HTML is returned in STRING (Webservice). Idea? On 19 avr, 15:05, JarJar <jarg...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > i would like open a html page in my DW. > No problem with OLE.object.navigate(URL) but my HTML is returned in > STRING (Webservice). > > Idea? My HTML is received in STRING Try getting the document object, then writing the HTML. lole_Document = OLE.object.Document // HTML/DHTML DOM lole_Document.write(ls_MyHtml) might have to navigate to...

Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder
Greetings, I have developed an application using the Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder 6.5. I followed the example from Sybase Technotes at http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47945 I am using the ole_1.object.Navigate( url ) method to get to the desired site, but the site is loaded, I want to get elements off the resulting window or to just get the source of the web page. I can parse out the results I am looking for. I have reviewed the Microsoft Web Browser Control documentation at http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/WebBrowser/RefList_VB.asp but have been un...

Controlling a Web Browser Control
I'm trying to do automated web research through a Powerbuilder front- end. I would like to use a browser control on a window in my application and programmatically navigate to a URL. I want to then programmatically parse the html that is returned, process it, and then perform actions on the web page in the browser based on what I find. For example, I want the program to enter some parameters into a search page and then hit the Start Search button on the webpage. Or example #2: the search results come back as a list of names, each with a radio button next to it. I want to prog...

Using the Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder
I found the subject tech note on Sybase site. It refers to a sample application BROWSE70.PBL but does not indicate where it can be found. Any ideas? -- John Girt John Girt & Associates (425)562-4205 (206)399-4977 John@Girt.NET Try this link. http://www.sybase.com/content/1001546/content.htm "John Girt" <John@Girt.net> wrote in message news:waz#MAJwBHA.309@forums.sybase.com... > I found the subject tech note on Sybase site. > It refers to a sample application BROWSE70.PBL but does not indicate where > it can be found. > > Any ideas? ...

Web resources about - Web Browser OLE Control - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Blind Browser
Nifty idea from Charlie Deets: a browser for web designers working on retina displays, to test how sites look on non-retina displays.

Chromium (web browser) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of the major aims of the project is for Chrome to be a tabbed window manager, or shell for the web, as opposed to it being a traditional browser ...

New Apple TV hacked to run makeshift Safari browser
A new YouTube video (embedded below) showing the first browser designed for the new Apple TV has been published. The app uses a private API to ...

Mozilla Releases Firefox Web Browser on iOS
Mozilla has announced the release of its Firefox Web browser app on iOS devices. The app allows users to connect their Firefox account to access ...

Finally, Mozilla’s Firefox Web browser is now available on iOS
Better late than never? At long last, Mozilla has released its popular Web browser on iOS. Thats right: You can now browse the Web on your iPhone, ...

Top 50 UK websites expose your browser to unknown scripts
... UK websites to find out what their users were being exposed to. The findings show that on average, when visiting a top 50 UK site, your browser ...

Top 10 Free Must Have SEO Browser Plugins
... like ScreamingFrog, SearchMetrics, Majestic, Ahrefs, SEMRush, and the list could go on and on, but people often overlook the power of browser ...

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella: Smart agents like Cortana will replace the web browser
First, we had the PC. Then we had the browser. Next, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella thinks it will be the "agent," the sort of virtual assistant ...

You can finally use Mozilla’s Firefox web browser on iOS
... Mozilla has finally brought Firefox to iOS devices around the world, after first appearing on Android more than three years ago. The browser ...

League of Legends promotes new Champion with a browser game
... . Riot Games is allowing players to get acquainted with her tough love personality by way of a minigame, which is playable in your browser. ...