Warning C0209: Function or event 'xxx' must be declared before it can be compiled

Using PB 10.5 5079

According to change request 431911, the issue of "Migration / Rebuild cause
Warning C0209: Function or event 'xxx' must be declared before it can be
compiled. The event declaration is NOT missing in the ancestor. no
workaround" was supposedly fixed in PB 10.5 EBF_5063.

My problem is that I get about 93 of these errors compiling in EBF 5079 that
says "Warning C0209: Function or event 'xxx' must be declared before it can
be compiled."

In my case, it appears the events not compiling are, in fact, not in
ancestors, but that should not be a problem.

Anyone have any insight into this? Anyone else still having this issue?

Thanks!
Jason Lipman

0
Jason

Hi Jason

That means that the method is not anymore in PB 10.5, so you should have to
edit the source, find the method and move to the appropiate place, so in
this way you will not lose any logic.

recently I saw something like that so I'll put the example here:

After a migration from PB 6.5 to 10.5 I recieved this error:
xxx.pbl(xxx).xxx.getfocus.1: Warning     C0209: Function or event 'getfocus'
must be declared before it can be compiled.

After I check the source code I realized that in PB 6.5 the main windows has
the method getfocus(), but pb 10.5 that method is not anymore supported in
the window. In the source code I saw something like this:

event getfocus;sle_userid.selecttext(1, len(sle_userid.text))
end event

My solution was move this code from getFocus event to open event, it could
be activate but the specific logic in this case makes me move this code to
Open event.

Check the same in your app, because you could have some business logic
missed in those events.

Best Regards
--

Alexander Pire
PowerObjects

"Jason Lipman" <NOSPAMjlipman@healthtrans.com> wrote in message
> Using PB 10.5 5079
>
> According to change request 431911, the issue of "Migration / Rebuild
cause
> Warning C0209: Function or event 'xxx' must be declared before it can be
> compiled. The event declaration is NOT missing in the ancestor. no
> workaround" was supposedly fixed in PB 10.5 EBF_5063.
>
> My problem is that I get about 93 of these errors compiling in EBF 5079
that
> says "Warning C0209: Function or event 'xxx' must be declared before it
can
> be compiled."
>
> In my case, it appears the events not compiling are, in fact, not in
> ancestors, but that should not be a problem.
>
> Anyone have any insight into this? Anyone else still having this issue?
>
> Thanks!
> Jason Lipman

0
Alexander
10/20/2006 6:33:06 PM
Thanks, Alexander.

I do understand that these methods are no longer being seen in PB 10.5. What
is curious to me is that the methods not apearing in 10.5 are user events...
ie: ue_comments, ue_save, and a few functions. Why would these not show up?
I would see this more as a bug.

Jason

"Alexander Pire" <alexander_nospawn@powerobjects_dot_com> wrote in message
> Hi Jason
>
> That means that the method is not anymore in PB 10.5, so you should have
> edit the source, find the method and move to the appropiate place, so in
> this way you will not lose any logic.
>
> recently I saw something like that so I'll put the example here:
>
> After a migration from PB 6.5 to 10.5 I recieved this error:
> xxx.pbl(xxx).xxx.getfocus.1: Warning     C0209: Function or event
> 'getfocus'
> must be declared before it can be compiled.
>
> After I check the source code I realized that in PB 6.5 the main windows
> has
> the method getfocus(), but pb 10.5 that method is not anymore supported in
> the window. In the source code I saw something like this:
>
> event getfocus;sle_userid.selecttext(1, len(sle_userid.text))
> end event
>
> My solution was move this code from getFocus event to open event, it could
> be activate but the specific logic in this case makes me move this code to
> Open event.
>
> Check the same in your app, because you could have some business logic
> missed in those events.
>
> Best Regards
> --
>
> Alexander Pire
> PowerObjects
> www.powerobjects.com
> 612.339.3355
> **IT Solutions - Outside the Box**
>
> "Jason Lipman" <NOSPAMjlipman@healthtrans.com> wrote in message
>> Using PB 10.5 5079
>>
>> According to change request 431911, the issue of "Migration / Rebuild
> cause
>> Warning C0209: Function or event 'xxx' must be declared before it can be
>> compiled. The event declaration is NOT missing in the ancestor. no
>> workaround" was supposedly fixed in PB 10.5 EBF_5063.
>>
>> My problem is that I get about 93 of these errors compiling in EBF 5079
> that
>> says "Warning C0209: Function or event 'xxx' must be declared before it
> can
>> be compiled."
>>
>> In my case, it appears the events not compiling are, in fact, not in
>> ancestors, but that should not be a problem.
>>
>> Anyone have any insight into this? Anyone else still having this issue?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Jason Lipman

0
Jason
10/23/2006 3:04:41 PM
I didn't see that problem in my migration, My PB 10.5's build is 5079,
please check yours.

If is the same check if is possible to send us the src of the object with
the problem to see what could be happening there.

Have you seen this with all the User Events or just with a few of them?

If is just a few of them, could you try to detect what do they have in
common?

Best Regards

--

> Thanks, Alexander.
>
> I do understand that these methods are no longer being seen in PB 10.5.
What
> is curious to me is that the methods not apearing in 10.5 are user
events...
> ie: ue_comments, ue_save, and a few functions. Why would these not show
up?
> I would see this more as a bug.
>
> Jason
>

> "Alexander Pire" <alexander_nospawn@powerobjects_dot_com> wrote in message
> > Hi Jason
> >
> > That means that the method is not anymore in PB 10.5, so you should have
> > edit the source, find the method and move to the appropiate place, so in
> > this way you will not lose any logic.
> >
> > recently I saw something like that so I'll put the example here:
> >
> > After a migration from PB 6.5 to 10.5 I recieved this error:
> > xxx.pbl(xxx).xxx.getfocus.1: Warning     C0209: Function or event
> > 'getfocus'
> > must be declared before it can be compiled.
> >
> > After I check the source code I realized that in PB 6.5 the main windows
> > has
> > the method getfocus(), but pb 10.5 that method is not anymore supported
in
> > the window. In the source code I saw something like this:
> >
> > event getfocus;sle_userid.selecttext(1, len(sle_userid.text))
> > end event
> >
> > My solution was move this code from getFocus event to open event, it
could
> > be activate but the specific logic in this case makes me move this code
> > Open event.
> >
> > Check the same in your app, because you could have some business logic
> > missed in those events.
> >
> > Best Regards
> > --
> >
> > Alexander Pire
> > PowerObjects
> > www.powerobjects.com
> > 612.339.3355
> > **IT Solutions - Outside the Box**
> >
> > "Jason Lipman" <NOSPAMjlipman@healthtrans.com> wrote in message
> >> Using PB 10.5 5079
> >>
> >> According to change request 431911, the issue of "Migration / Rebuild
> > cause
> >> Warning C0209: Function or event 'xxx' must be declared before it can
be
> >> compiled. The event declaration is NOT missing in the ancestor. no
> >> workaround" was supposedly fixed in PB 10.5 EBF_5063.
> >>
> >> My problem is that I get about 93 of these errors compiling in EBF 5079
> > that
> >> says "Warning C0209: Function or event 'xxx' must be declared before it
> > can
> >> be compiled."
> >>
> >> In my case, it appears the events not compiling are, in fact, not in
> >> ancestors, but that should not be a problem.
> >>
> >> Anyone have any insight into this? Anyone else still having this issue?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> Jason Lipman

0
Alexander
10/23/2006 3:31:39 PM
I'm using the same version you are. This is happening to 6 object names with
193 compile errors. I'll figure out what needs to be done here, but it just
seems like it should not be happening! - Jason

> [...]
>> > xxx.pbl(xxx).xxx.getfocus.1: Warning     C0209: Function or event
>> > 'getfocus'
>> > must be declared before it can be compiled.
>> >
>> > After I check the source code I realized that in PB 6.5 the main
>> > windows
>> > has
>> > the method getfocus(), but pb 10.5 that method is not anymore supported
> in
>> > the window. In the source code I saw something like this:
>> >
>> > event getfocus;sle_userid.selecttext(1, len(sle_userid.text))
>> > end event
>> >
>> > My solution was move this code from getFocus event to open event, it
> could
>> > be activate but the specific logic in this case makes me move this code
>> > Open event.
>> >
>> > Check the same in your app, because you could have some business logic

0
Jason
10/23/2006 3:36:51 PM
Dear Jason and Alexander,

We recently migrated our application from PB 9.0 to PB 10.5
(evaluation version), and i receive the same error message,
"Warning C0209:  function or event ...".  I am trying to
resolve this issue but just wonder if the evaluation version
would be any different with the purchase version of PB 10.5.
 Did you get the same error message using the evaluation
version or the full version?

Is the getname() function still works in PB 10.5?  We used
getname() in a lot of modules within our application.
however, i did not get any error message except from one
object.  I find that's very strange and wonder if anyone get
the same problem like i do.

I am looking forward to your respond.  Thanks!

Vi Nguyen
> I'm using the same version you are. This is happening to 6
> object names with  193 compile errors. I'll figure out
> what needs to be done here, but it just  seems like it
> should not be happening! - Jason
>
> "Alexander Pire" <alexander_nospawn@powerobjects_dot_com>
> wrote in message  news:453ce05b$3@forums-1-dub...
> >I didn't see that problem in my migration, My PB 10.5's
> > build is 5079, please check yours.
> >
> > If is the same check if is possible to send us the src
> > of the object with the problem to see what could be
> happening there. >
> > Have you seen this with all the User Events or just with
> a few of them? >
> > If is just a few of them, could you try to detect what
> > do they have in common?
> >
> > Best Regards
> >
> > --
> >
> > Alexander Pire
> > PowerObjects
> > www.powerobjects.com
> > 612.339.3355
> > **IT Solutions - Outside the Box**
> >
> > "Jason Lipman" <NOSPAMjlipman@healthtrans.com> wrote in
> > message news:453cda09@forums-1-dub...
> >> Thanks, Alexander.
> >>
> >> I do understand that these methods are no longer being
> > seen in PB 10.5. What
> >> is curious to me is that the methods not apearing in
> > 10.5 are user events...
> >> ie: ue_comments, ue_save, and a few functions. Why
> > would these not show up?
> >> I would see this more as a bug.
> >>
> >> Jason
> >>

> >> "Alexander Pire"
> <alexander_nospawn@powerobjects_dot_com> wrote in  >>
> message >> news:45391662$1@forums-1-dub...

> so you should  >> > have
> appropiate place, so  >> > in

> example here: >> >
> error: >> > xxx.pbl(xxx).xxx.getfocus.1: Warning
> C0209: Function or event >> > 'getfocus'

> 6.5 the main  >> > windows
> > anymore supported in
> this: >> >
> len(sle_userid.text)) >> > end event

> > open event, it could
> > me move this code to

> some business logic >> > missed in those events.

> in message >> > news:45390874$1@forums-1-dub...

> "Migration / Rebuild >> > cause
> > declared before it can be
> the ancestor. no >> >> workaround" was supposedly fixed in
> PB 10.5 EBF_5063. >> >>
> compiling in EBF  >> >> 5079
> declared before  >> >> it

> in fact, not in >> >> ancestors, but that should not be a
> problem. >> >>
> having this  >> >> issue?

0
Vi
10/27/2006 3:11:25 PM
Dear Vi

The problem is in the full version and probably in the evaluation too.

If you follow the chain there are some logic scenarios where this problem
could happen (for example the getfocus event in a window) this event is not
present in a window probably since far far far far time ago.

Now Jason problem doesn't looks like this problem and he is reporting a
problem with some user functions, you should check what is your scenario,
the problem means that is some business logic that is in your source code
(which one was migrated) but surely is not being executed, sadly I have
never seen the Jason problem and I don't have any old code which one could
generate that message, I was talking about a personal expirience, so far if
you want to isolate one object which one is getting the error and send me I
will be happy to try to help you.

Best Regards
--

<Vi Nguyen> wrote in message news:4542219d.181f.1681692777@sybase.com...
> [...]
> > message >> news:45391662$1@forums-1-dub...

> > so you should  >> > have
> > appropiate place, so  >> > in

> > example here: >> >
> > error: >> > xxx.pbl(xxx).xxx.getfocus.1: Warning
> > C0209: Function or event >> > 'getfocus'

> > 6.5 the main  >> > windows
> > > anymore supported in
> > this: >> >
> > len(sle_userid.text)) >> > end event

> > > open event, it could
> > > me move this code to

> > some business logic >> > missed in those events.

> > in message >> > news:45390874$1@forums-1-dub...

> > "Migration / Rebuild >> > cause
> > > declared before it can be
> > the ancestor. no >> >> workaround" was supposedly fixed in
> > PB 10.5 EBF_5063. >> >>
> > compiling in EBF  >> >> 5079
> > declared before  >> >> it

> > in fact, not in >> >> ancestors, but that should not be a

0
Alexander
10/27/2006 3:36:23 PM
Dear Alexander,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.  I followed the
chain email to find solution to the errors that i received.
However, I ran to couple issues where I double click on the
error message "Warning C0209..." to open/view that
function/event, my application in PB9 and PB10 did not get
me there.  I have to open 'edit source' and search for that
event.  Would that be a problem in PB 10?  For some reason
when i do a full build in PB9, even though these events
(that i received error message in pb 10) cannot be viewed
(only thru edit source), but pb 9 did not have any conflict
with it, but in pb10, these event can't be compile.

I know it's very confused but i try my best to explain it
better if you have any question.  I wonder if PB would
ignore some functions/events when it compile if it's not
been used or called, but PB 10 is more picky than PB9?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Vi Nguyen

> [...]
> > > 5079, please check yours. >
> > > be happening there. >
> > > with a few of them? >

> > > <alexander_nospawn@powerobjects_dot_com> wrote in  >>
> > > message >> news:45391662$1@forums-1-dub...

> > > 10.5, so you should  >> > have
> > > appropiate place, so  >> > in

> > > the example here: >> >
> > > this error: >> > xxx.pbl(xxx).xxx.getfocus.1: Warning
> > > C0209: Function or event >> > 'getfocus'

> > > PB 6.5 the main  >> > windows
> > > like this: >> >
> > > len(sle_userid.text)) >> > end event

> > > have some business logic >> > missed in those events.

> > > "Migration / Rebuild >> > cause
> > > in the ancestor. no >> >> workaround" was supposedly
> > > fixed in PB 10.5 EBF_5063. >> >>
> > > errors compiling in EBF  >> >> 5079
> > > must be declared before  >> >> it

> > > are, in fact, not in >> >> ancestors, but that should

0
Vi
10/27/2006 6:57:22 PM
Yep actually this is the only way to solve the Issue, go to the source (edit
source, not in the painter) and fix the logic in there, as you have seen,
the code is not available in the painter but still is part of the source.

I have seen this in PB 10.5 but yep probably will be in PB 10 too.

Actually the default behavior of PB here has sence to me, remember we are
talking about deprecated methods not any more longer in the new version, but
I think the solution could be much more smart than just put the code in the
source without more comments. Let me repeat my comment that aparently Jason
Issue is related to a user function but I have not been able to see or
reproduce that problem.

PB is ignoring those function (the logic in my case was not executing), but
I higly recommend remove the Issue manual as you are doing to avoid any
unexpected behavior.

Best Regards
--

<Vi Nguyen> wrote in message news:45425692.1bf8.1681692777@sybase.com...
> [...]
> >
> > <Vi Nguyen> wrote in message
> > > news:4542219d.181f.1681692777@sybase.com... Dear Jason
> > and Alexander, >
> > > We recently migrated our application from PB 9.0 to PB
> > > 10.5 (evaluation version), and i receive the same error
> > > message, "Warning C0209:  function or event ...".  I am
> > > trying to resolve this issue but just wonder if the
> > > evaluation version would be any different with the
> > >  purchase version of PB 10.5. Did you get the same error
> > > message using the evaluation version or the full
> > version? >
> > > Is the getname() function still works in PB 10.5?  We
> > > used getname() in a lot of modules within our
> > > application. however, i did not get any error message
> > > except from one object.  I find that's very strange and
> > > wonder if anyone get the same problem like i do.
> > >
> > > I am looking forward to your respond.  Thanks!

0
Alexander
10/27/2006 7:12:55 PM
Dear Alexander,

Your reponds are very helpful.  Thanks a lot for your time!

I just want to confirm one more thing with you just to
verify what i did was correct.  For those events that are
declared in 'edit source', but cannot be viewed from the
painter, and PB 9.0 did not complain these functions as PB
10.5, would that be these events are no longer been
used/compiled in PB 9.0?  but no one removed them from the
'edit source'?  The project i am working on is a very mature
application which has been written for almost 10 years.  I
just started working on this project last year so i don't
have much information to work on.  When I remove these
events (that can't even be viewed in PB9.0), they helped to
clean a lot of warning message C0209 when i perform a full
build in PB 10.5.  I still run a full system test to make
sure that removing these 'undeclared' events would not
effect the whole application.

Again, thanks a lot for your respond.  just want you to know
i really really appreciate your time.

Thanks!
Vi Nguyen

> [...]
> >
> > > Dear Vi
> > >
> > > The problem is in the full version and probably in the
> > > evaluation too.
> > >
> > > If you follow the chain there are some logic scenarios
> > > where this problem could happen (for example the
> > > getfocus event in a window) this event is not present
> > > in a window probably since far far far far time ago.
> > >
> > > Now Jason problem doesn't looks like this problem and
> > > he is reporting a problem with some user functions,
> > > you should check what is your scenario, the problem
> > > means that is some business logic that is in your
> > > source code (which one was migrated) but surely is not
> > > being executed, sadly I have never seen the Jason
> > > problem and I don't have any old code which one could
> > > generate that message, I was talking about a personal
> > > expirience, so far if you want to isolate one object
> > > which one is getting the error and send me I will be

0
Vi
10/27/2006 7:43:10 PM
My recently expirience was with 6.5, the event was defined in 6.5 and at
difference as yours I could see the event in 6.5 in the design painter.
Probably you have migrated to 9.0 from and older version, aparently as I
understand in PB 9.0 you can't see the logic in the design painter and you
are not recieving any error message there, but when you did the migration to
10.5 you started to get those warnings.

Sorry if I misunderstood something you can fix me if I did. I'll be very
happy to help you.

Now if I understood fine, these are my apreciations:

First I have to ask you something. Do you have the PB9 application running
in production?

Your answer is very important because if you have the application running in
production and your user has not detected any problem in there probably 3
thinks can be happing:

1._ The business logic is being executed in PB9 and is not being showed in
the painter design (I don't think this is happening, but so far is an small
option)

2._ The business logic you have in there probably is not affecting the
result of the application. In my particular situation it was just a
setfocus() non easy to detect.

3._ I can see another option but as the first I don't believe this is
happening, you have another method which is calling the missed methos and
the PBVM is executing the logic.

Now if I get your point, it looks like now in PB 10.5 the behavior of the
PBVM with reference to this kind of error (actually warning) has changed, it
looks like in previous version (as PB 9) you can't see the warning and if
you check your code in the Painter Design you can't see the method, but now
in PB 10 you recieve a message which one help you to detec this potentially
problem in your code.

First if the application is working fine on PB9 you could try to edit the
source, go to the missed method, and put in there a message box (remember
you can't debug it), try to check if the messagebox is shown when you run
the application, this will mean that the PBVM 90 is executing the missed
method (I don't expect the message box will be shown), repeat the process in
PB 10.5. Now if the method has not been thrown you have to check my first
question, is this Ok in production?, if it so, you could just remove the
missed method from the source, the reason is that logic is not being
executed, of course do a backup first.

These are my ideas about your problem, just don't forget the message you are
seeing is a Warning, non an error so you PB 10.5 migrated application will
run, but I recommend solve the problem to avoid unexpected behaviors.

Best Regards
--

<Vi Nguyen> wrote in message news:4542614e.1c83.1681692777@sybase.com...
> [...]
> > > Thank you so much for your quick reply.  I followed the
> > > chain email to find solution to the errors that i
> > > received. However, I ran to couple issues where I double
> > > click on the error message "Warning C0209..." to
> > > open/view that function/event, my application in PB9 and
> > > PB10 did not get me there.  I have to open 'edit source'
> > > and search for that event.  Would that be a problem in
> > > PB 10?  For some reason when i do a full build in PB9,
> > > even though these events (that i received error message
> > > in pb 10) cannot be viewed (only thru edit source), but
> > > pb 9 did not have any conflict with it, but in pb10,
> > these event can't be compile. >
> > > I know it's very confused but i try my best to explain
> > > it better if you have any question.  I wonder if PB
> > > would ignore some functions/events when it compile if
> > > it's not been used or called, but PB 10 is more picky

0
Alexander
10/27/2006 9:07:11 PM
Dear Alexander,

Thank you SO MUCH for your respond.  I could not describe
how much i appreciate your time to help me out with this
issue.  Sorry I would not send you a reply back any sooner.
I was working on a different task at the same time.  I will
give it a try with the messagebox tomorrow and see how it
goes.  I will post the result of the test to let you know
whether your suggestions work for me.

Again, thank you very much!

Vi Nguyen
> [...]
> > > not any more longer in the new version, but I think
> > > the solution could be much more smart than just put
> > > the code in the source without more comments. Let me
> > > repeat my comment that aparently Jason Issue is
> > > related to a user function but I have not been able to
> > see or reproduce that problem. >
> > > PB is ignoring those function (the logic in my case
> > > was not executing), but I higly recommend remove the
> > > Issue manual as you are doing to avoid any unexpected
> > behavior. >
> > > Best Regards
> > > --
> > >
> > > Alexander Pire
> > > PowerObjects
> > > www.powerobjects.com
> > > 612.339.3355
> > > **IT Solutions - Outside the Box**

> > > Alexander, >
> > > conflict with it, but in pb10, these event can't be

0
Vi
10/31/2006 9:33:18 PM
I just got back to this issue and read through your comments. Thanks for all
the dialogue. My app also has a long history, as far back as PB 3 or 4. I am
bummed I have to go through 193 peice of source manually, but oh well.

Jason

<Vi Nguyen> wrote in message news:4547cf2e.7a5.1681692777@sybase.com...
> [...]
>> > are declared in 'edit source', but cannot be viewed from
>> > the painter, and PB 9.0 did not complain these functions
>> > as PB 10.5, would that be these events are no longer
>> > been used/compiled in PB 9.0?  but no one removed them
>> > from the 'edit source'?  The project i am working on is
>> > a very mature application which has been written for
>> > almost 10 years.  I just started working on this project
>> > last year so i don't have much information to work on.
>> > When I remove these events (that can't even be viewed in
>> > PB9.0), they helped to clean a lot of warning message
>> > C0209 when i perform a full build in PB 10.5.  I still
>> > run a full system test to make sure that removing these
>> > 'undeclared' events would not effect the whole
>> application. >
>> > Again, thanks a lot for your respond.  just want you to
>> > know i really really appreciate your time.

0
Jason

Warning C0209: Function or event 'pfc_cancel' must be declared before it can be compiled.
Hi, I got below warning during migration from PB9 - PB11.5. Please help me how to solve these problem. Warning C0209: Function or event 'pfc_cancel' must be declared before it can be compiled. Go back to PB9. Do a full rebuild. Optimize each of your PBLs (including the PFC ones). Do another full rebuild. Try the migration again. If that fails, open up the source for the offending object (Right-click > "Edit Source") and make sure you see this line: event pfc_cancel ( ) It should be somewhere between the line: global type <class name> from &...

''''''''''''''''''''

Warning: element 'compilation' has invalid child element 'compilers'
All-- Please help. I am getting a strange warning in my Web.config file. This is the warning... Warning 1 The element 'compilation' has invalid child element 'compilers'. List of possible elements expected: 'assemblies, buildProviders, codeSubDirectories, expressionBuilders'. C:\hosting\webhost4life\member\mkamoski\S07\web.config 25 5 C:\...\S07\ This is the element... <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true">   <compilers>     <compiler language="c#" type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider, System, Version...

PB11 Migration
Hello All, Our Application has been migrated from PB8 to PB11. When it migrated i could see few warning , every warning says Function or Event must be declared before it can be compiled. Please find the few below which are related to PFE ---------- pfeapsrv.pbl(w_splash).w_splash.constructor.1: Warning C0209: Function or event 'constructor' must be declared before it can be compiled. pfeapsrv.pbl(w_splash).w_splash.timer.1: Warning C0209: Function or event 'constructor' must be declared before it can be compiled. pfeapsrv.pbl(w_splash).w_splash.close....

'''''

Web.config warning: The element 'compilation' has invalid child element 'compilers'.
After migrating my ASP.NET 1.1 project to 2.0, I have the following warning:         The element 'compilation' has invalid child element 'compilers'. List of possible elements expected: 'assemblies, buildProviders, codeSubDirectories, expressionBuilders'. I read in another post that it is not necessary.  Is this correct?  Should I remove it?  I ask because in that post, the poster made it sound as though they already had that section in their web.config.  I did not, the wizard added it to my web.config.  So I don't understand why ...

Odd problem !! From 'Update function' I can write 'Update function ' but just call one char.What's wrong??
Odd problem !! From 'Update function' I can write 'Update function ' but just call one char. I can succee to update using stored procedure but I don't know why only one char can update this record in database. e.g AccessGroupCode = "1" I can update in SQL SERVER AccesSGroupCode ="faa" I can't update in SQL SERVER What's wrong?? The following code is my stored procedure and VB code . thx a lot . ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Create procedure update_BMSAccessGroup_1 ( @Acces...

Can't compile xpcom component
I have a binary for Firefox (toolbar) that includes XPCOM_GLUE as a preprocessor directive. I am not able to compile the toolbar with XULRunner 25 Beta 1. (win32 SDK) When I compile, I'm getting this error: C2039: 'ThreadSafeAutoRefCnt' : is not a member of 'mozilla' C:\xulrunner-sdk\include\mozilla\ModuleUtils.h The problem seems to be that in nsISupportsImpl.h, the class ThreadSafeAutoRefCount is excluded if XPCOM_GLUE is defined. Is this a bug or did something change with how I need to build the component? Thanks Jim On 9/20/2013 11:34 AM, Jim Bretti ...

'Theme' property can only be set in or before the 'Page_PreInit' event
 I have themes on my website, and i have image buttons on master page ,onButtonClick theme will change..But as i click the button which is on master page it gives me errorThe 'Theme' property can only be set in or before the 'Page_PreInit' event. body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana"...

Can't compile xpcom component
I have a binary component for Firefox (toolbar) that includes XPCOM_GLUE as a preprocessor directive. I am not able to compile the toolbar with XULRunner 25 Beta 1. (win32 SDK) When I compile, I'm getting this error: C2039: 'ThreadSafeAutoRefCnt' : is not a member of 'mozilla' C:\xulrunner-sdk\include\mozilla\ModuleUtils.h The problem seems to be that in nsISupportsImpl.h, the class ThreadSafeAutoRefCount is excluded if XPCOM_GLUE is defined. Is this a bug or did something change with how I need to build the component? Thanks Jim ...

'NMDayTim', 'Psock' , 'NMTime' , 'NMFtp' can not be opened.
hello, my colleague have developed an application under c++ builder 5. so now i should undertake it and optimize it. last days i have installed the C++ Builder 2010 testversion to get some experience on it, because i have not used it before. when i try to compile the old project in C++ builder 2010, comes some Compile errors. Also, there are some Includes like 'NMDayTim', 'Psock' , 'NMTime' , 'NMFtp' in this old Project. they can be found and compiled in the old c++ Builder 5. but not in c++ builder 2010. so i want to know do i solve this problem or go...

Occaisonal Build problems (type 'xxx' exists in both 'yyy.dll' and 'xxx.dll')?
Hello: Been working with Express for about 2 months now -- and it generally works fine -- but I occaisonally get this error message when I rebuild projects to rerun it: ------ Rebuild All started: Project: http://localhost/TestIV/, Configuration: Debug .NET ------ Build Web Beginning D:\DEV\DEV_NET\CS\SITES\TestIV\portal.aspx(9,31): error CS0433: The type 'ASP.Portal' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\testiv\2bc5e680\fdf16dd9\f3iai7un.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\testiv\...

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?
when I run system procedure,I got following messages : Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of thesegment. Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE command. thanks. allan wrot...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Web resources about - Warning C0209: Function or event 'xxx' must be declared before it can be compiled - sybase.powerbuilder.general