Using DLLs/API in Powerbuilder

Powerbuilder seems to be missing any kind of directory maintenance or
drive statics ( Make Directory, Change Directory, Free Disk Space, etc..
) functions.

	1. Is it best to create a DLL of Functions using C++ or ??? or 	is
there a DLL available ??

	2. Use the WIN32 API ?? What is the correct syntax ???

Any Help would be greatly appreciated,

Graeme
gcraik@bellsouth.net

0
Graeme

For 16bit, there are API availabe ( well, some of them ). There are thought
for 32bit. Check out the PFC fileservices ( n_cst_filesrv...). There is all
that you need.

HTH
--
- Met vriendelijke groet,
  Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands

Graeme Craik wrote in message <34E8744E.785F@MAIL.ATL.BELLSOUTH.NET>...
>Powerbuilder seems to be missing any kind of directory maintenance or
>drive statics ( Make Directory, Change Directory, Free Disk Space, etc..
>) functions.
>
> 1. Is it best to create a DLL of Functions using C++ or ??? or is
>there a DLL available ??
>
> 2. Use the WIN32 API ?? What is the correct syntax ???
>
>Any Help would be greatly appreciated,
>
>Graeme
>gcraik@bellsouth.net

begin 666 Eric J Aling.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"DXZ06QI;F<[17)I8SM*#0I&3CI%<FEC($H@06QI;F<-
M"D]21SI#>7!R97,@26YF;W)M871I<V5R:6YG.T=E;F5R86P@4V5R=FEC97,-
M"E1)5$Q%.E1E8VAN:6-A;"!#;VYS=6QT86YT#0I414P[5T]22SM63TE#13HK
M,S$H,"DS,#8P,C4T,# -"E1%3#M(3TU%.U9/24-%.BLS,2@P*3,T,S4W.30Y
M,#D-"E1%3#M73U)+.T9!6#HK,S$H,"DS,#8P-3 W.3D-"D%$4CM73U)+.CL[
M2W)I:G1W86P@-SM.:65U=V5G96EN.U54.S,T,S(@6E0[5&AE($YE=&AE<FQA
M;F1S#0I,04)%3#M73U)+.T5.0T]$24Y'/5%53U1%1"U04DE.5$%"3$4Z2W)I
M:G1W86P@-STP1#TP04YI975W96=E:6XL(%54(#,T,S(@6E0],$0],$%4:&4@
M3F5T:&5R;&%N9',-"D%$4CM(3TU%.CL[06US=&5L(#$Y.U=I:FL@0FEJ($1U
M=7)S=&5D93M55#LS.38Q($A'.U1H92!.971H97)L86YD<PT*3$%"14P[2$]-
M13M%3D-/1$E.1SU154]4140M4%))3E1!0DQ%.D%M<W1E;" Q.3TP1#TP05=I
M:FL@0FEJ($1U=7)S=&5D92P@550@,SDV,2!(1STP1#TP051H92!.971H97)L
M86YD<PT*55),.FAT=' Z+R]O=7)W;W)L9"YC;VUP=7-E<G9E+F-O;2]H;VUE
M<&%G97,O86QI;F=E:FH-"E523#IH='1P.B\O=W=W+F-Y<')E<RYN; T*14U!
M24P[4%)%1CM)3E1%4DY%5#IE+F%L:6YG0&-Y<')E<RYN; T*14Y$.E9#05)$
"#0H`
`
end

0
Eric

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Creating DLLs using Visual Objects for use in PowerBuilder
Hi All, Has anybody created a DLL with visual objects in Power++ ? < ---- Part of this post contains text (modified) from an earlier post of mine ---- > I have run into the following problem on this. 1. I open a new project 2. I add a new DLL target (and delete the EXE) 3. I add a plain form Form1 (since the default Form1 is deleted by deleting the EXE) 4. I add a new File test.cpp to the target, and in that the only statements I add is #include "form1.hpp" I Run->Build File at this stage and I get the following compile error in Form1....

Using Netware APIs with Powerbuilder
Help, What do I need to do to make the Netwin32.DLLs available to my Powerbuilder 6.0 application. Currently when I run the application, it indicates the Netwin32.DLL is not available. Does it have to somehow be loaded first? If so how? I have it in both my Windows Directory and in the Powerbuilder Application Directory. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks Edward ...

Using NIKU API with Powerbuilder
I need to develop an interface in order to adapt a software package to our business needs. This software package is named NIKU and is developped by ABT corporation. We must use API developed by ABT in order to access and update the NIKU repository. I'm searching for powerbuilder user objects that interfaces those API. Thanks for any hints. Richard pineault rpineault@consultem.com_NOJUNK Consultem http://www.consultem.com/ Richard, You should only need documentation of their dlls. You can create a nvo with Local External Functions for each of their dll functions y...

How to Using Citrix API In PowerBuilder ??
Help ~~~ Do any people know how to call the WFQuerySessionInformation ? I don't know how to get the WF_CURRENT_SERVER_HANDLE, WF_CURRENT_SESSION and define the WFInfoClass . ...

I would or someone else use a API function where you must use a structure and know the size of it, how I can get the size of a structure in powerbuilder?
I would or someone else use a API function where you must use a structure and know the size of it, how I can get the size of a structure in powerbuilder? Count the bytes. You know the length of every object, because strings have to be initialized before seneding them to the API call. On 19 Jan 2006 08:11:55 -0800, kdioses@sybase.com wrote: >I would or someone else use a API function where you must >use a structure and know the size of it, how I can get the >size of a structure in powerbuilder? Nothing, though I've been asking for a SizeOf function in PB since ver...

Using a VB-based API in Powerbuilder
I have an instanciated COM object in PB 702 which has an API 'FieldValue' property used to set the value of a field within a document. The code looks something like: ioo_FMDocument.FieldValue(as_field_name) = as_field_value; where the as_field_name is the field I want to assign a new as_field_value string to. The problem is PB sees the FieldValue property as a function rather than its intended editable property. Is there any way I can get PB to see this COM call and assignment as a property of the COM object rather than a function????? Regards, Floundering In Ottawa P...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

using activex DLLs in Powerbuilder 5.0.03
Can someone give a quick run-thru on using an activex dll written in Visual Basic 5.0 in Powerbuilder 5.0.03? The activex dll I've written is not visual -- just used to communications to the serial port and parallel ports. Thanks in advance, Steve ...

Changing resolution in PowerBuilder 8 using win API
What would the best way to change display resolution from PB code ? I've tried using windows API ChangeDisplaySettingsA but without success. Please help ! Any ideas or code examples are appreciated. Nestor Nestor wrote: > What would the best way to change display resolution from PB code ? The best is to never ever do it, unless you're writing a Control Panel applet. Dmitri. What do you mean ? What are the options from PB code ? "Dmitri" <NOdimSPAM@mail15.com> wrote in message news:434bc914@forums-1-dub... > Nestor wrote: > ...

Help
Hello, Our Powerbuilder applications call some C DLLs that do some database interaction with SybaseSystem 11 databases. We are currently using DB-Library, but are contemplating going to CT-Library. We are testing versions of the apps using CT-Library. The same C DLLs work fine when called from a different executable within our application suite written in C++ (using Visual C++ 4.0). The problem arises when calling those C DLLs from Powerbuilder, using a database connection variable as one of the parameters to the DLL. The connection is passed as a long as recommended, but in trying...

Help!
Hello, Our Powerbuilder applications call some C DLLs that do some database interaction with Sybase System 11 databases. We are currently using DB-Library, but are contemplating going to CT-Library. We are testing versions of the apps using CT-Library. The same C DLLs work fine when called from a different executable within our application suite written in C++ (using Visual C++4.0). The problem arises when calling those C DLLs from Powerbuilder, using a database connection variable as one of the parameters to the DLL. The connection is passed as a long as recommended, but in trying...

Why I should use PowerBuilder
I have used PB for 3.5 years now - I would not go back to VB (unless required by our client). Which is what may happen... I have a design meeting with an IT group to standardize their software applications. The IT group works for a health authority who has taken the initative to re-write all their current applications in one common programming language. I feel that PB is their best option but I can not find anything around that says... PB is better than <enter other tool> becuase ... Unfortunately, most of the people I will be meeting with have a MS background and use V...

Web resources about - Using DLLs/API in Powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles