Urgent - Datawindow Object - How to find out the object is in use ?

Dear all,

i am having one application, which will export and import the datawindow
obejcts into a pbl, using libraryexport and libraryimport, i am not
attaching this pbl on this application.

If some user is using the datawindow object using infomaker, i dont want to
export or import the datawindow object. How to find out the datawindow
object is in use? any idea

Regards

M.S.Mylraj

0
Mylraj

There is no "easy" way to do this.

Is there a particular reason why it's ok to do it just before or after use
from another workstation but not during.  I'm not completely sure of this
but I believe when a dw is referenced that it is loaded into memory and not
accessed in the PBD again after that point.  I could be wrong about this but
as far as I know how PB handles other objects I believe that is the story
with dw's.

HTH

-EGM

Mylraj Subbiah <mylrajms@batelco.com.bh> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> i am having one application, which will export and import the datawindow
> obejcts into a pbl, using libraryexport and libraryimport, i am not
> attaching this pbl on this application.
>
> If some user is using the datawindow object using infomaker, i dont want
> export or import the datawindow object. How to find out the datawindow
> object is in use? any idea
>

> Regards
>
> M.S.Mylraj

0
Edward
2/25/2002 8:14:56 PM
Hi

The story is, i am creating a dynamic datawindow object and store it in a
pbl, which will not be a part of pbd. The other users will go and do the
cosmetic things on this datawindow object.

Later on, i will use the same datawindow object in my application, with some
new columns added by dynamic datawindow, without affecting the cosmetic
things. In this situation, i want to check, whether the user is already
opened this datawindow object, if they opened i want to popup a message,
this report is already opened, else i will import the datawindow object to
this pbl. Now users can axcess the datwindow with the newly added columns.
Again he will do some cosmetic things, then, this process will repeat.

Regards

M.S.Mylraj

Edward Muesch <emuesch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> There is no "easy" way to do this.
>
> Is there a particular reason why it's ok to do it just before or after use
> from another workstation but not during.  I'm not completely sure of this
> but I believe when a dw is referenced that it is loaded into memory and
not
> accessed in the PBD again after that point.  I could be wrong about this
but
> as far as I know how PB handles other objects I believe that is the story
> with dw's.
>
> HTH
>
> -EGM
>
> Mylraj Subbiah <mylrajms@batelco.com.bh> wrote in message
> > Dear all,
> >
> > i am having one application, which will export and import the datawindow
> > obejcts into a pbl, using libraryexport and libraryimport, i am not
> > attaching this pbl on this application.
> >
> > If some user is using the datawindow object using infomaker, i dont want
> > export or import the datawindow object. How to find out the datawindow
> > object is in use? any idea
> >

> > Regards
> >
> > M.S.Mylraj

0
Mylraj
2/26/2002 7:04:10 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to know if InfoMaker is open to a dw
object.  However, you might want to add a step to their process where they
have to run the dw after they modify it and save a result set to a file.
You could then always compare the date and time of the dw to the result set
file and if the result set is later earlier than the dw you would know that
they are in the process of making a change but have not finished.  Then add
a step to your process where you save the dw under a second name after you
do your changes and as long as their result set file is older than your
second dw you know that they haven't made a change yet (or at least haven't
finished).

This might seem complicated but you get the idea and could probably simplify
it to suit your needs.

> Hi
>
> The story is, i am creating a dynamic datawindow object and store it in a
> pbl, which will not be a part of pbd. The other users will go and do the
> cosmetic things on this datawindow object.
>
> Later on, i will use the same datawindow object in my application, with
some
> new columns added by dynamic datawindow, without affecting the cosmetic
> things. In this situation, i want to check, whether the user is already
> opened this datawindow object, if they opened i want to popup a message,
> this report is already opened, else i will import the datawindow object to
> this pbl. Now users can axcess the datwindow with the newly added columns.
> Again he will do some cosmetic things, then, this process will repeat.
>

> Regards
>
> M.S.Mylraj
>

> Edward Muesch <emuesch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > There is no "easy" way to do this.
> >
> > Is there a particular reason why it's ok to do it just before or after
use
> > from another workstation but not during.  I'm not completely sure of
this
> > but I believe when a dw is referenced that it is loaded into memory and
> not
> > accessed in the PBD again after that point.  I could be wrong about this
> but
> > as far as I know how PB handles other objects I believe that is the
story
> > with dw's.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > -EGM
> >
> > Mylraj Subbiah <mylrajms@batelco.com.bh> wrote in message
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > i am having one application, which will export and import the
datawindow
> > > obejcts into a pbl, using libraryexport and libraryimport, i am not
> > > attaching this pbl on this application.
> > >
> > > If some user is using the datawindow object using infomaker, i dont
want
> > > export or import the datawindow object. How to find out the datawindow
> > > object is in use? any idea
> > >

> > > Regards
> > >
> > > M.S.Mylraj

0
Edward

detailsview and objects (and objects inside objects inside objects)
hi there!as I was browsing through the posts related to the detailsview I couldn't find someone with the problem I'm facing so I decided to post here...well, I was able to bound an object datasource into my gridview and detailsview, it deletes and shows the data very well, BUT inside the object, there's another object, for example, I have bound a class called Province and inside the Province class there's the Country class indicating the data from the related country, to edit and/or insert I have placed a drop down list so the user selects the country from a drop down list, everything seems ...

Error using the Find Method of Outlook Object With PowerBuilder 8.0.3
Hi, I have some problems using the Find Method of MS Outlook object in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 build 9820. The error occurred when I try to pass a DATETIME variable in this code: ls_fecha_ini = String(adt_fecha_ini) ole_item = ole_folder.Items.FIND("[Start] = '" + ls_fecha_ini + "'") The problem is that the Start Property of outlook receive a Date or DateTime data type, but the FIND method use a string like the example. If I convert the Datetime variable to a String, the Ole Object give me this error message: "Error Calling external obje...

Finding the object creator of another object
Is there a way to find out the name of the object that has created another object? Example: I have a custom non visual user object called u_Son. I have another object called u_Father. u_Son is an instance variable of u_Father. Is there any way to find out in the constructor event of u_Son that it has been created by u_Father? Sincerely, ============================== Alexandre da Silva de Siqueira alexsiq@zaz.com.br ============================== Alexandre Siqueira wrote: > Is there a way to find out the name of the object that > has created another object?...

Custom Object used with Profile Object
I have a custom object that inherits from CollectionBase and it does not successfully bind to GridViews or DropdownLists. My understanding is that that is because GridViews and Dropdownlists implement IEnumerable, therefore, if I want my custom object to bind to the gridview or the dropdownlist, I need to inherit from IEnumerable also, right? Whatever the answer is, I'm trying to learn what I need to do to get my custom object to bind to a gridview and a dropdownlist. I don't think this has anything to do with it, but I'm setting the value of a Profile object (ASP.NET 2.0) equal to th...

Creating DLLs using Visual Objects for use in PowerBuilder
Hi All, Has anybody created a DLL with visual objects in Power++ ? < ---- Part of this post contains text (modified) from an earlier post of mine ---- > I have run into the following problem on this. 1. I open a new project 2. I add a new DLL target (and delete the EXE) 3. I add a plain form Form1 (since the default Form1 is deleted by deleting the EXE) 4. I add a new File test.cpp to the target, and in that the only statements I add is #include "form1.hpp" I Run->Build File at this stage and I get the following compile error in Form1....

Finding where an object is used
I'm probably behind the curve on this but is there a place in PB10 that I can use to determine which descendants (if any) are using a particular ancestor? I have a large application and have need to change some ancestor code and need to know what areas of the application I may be affecting. Thanks, Don Open the object browser (Tools\Browser...) in PowerBuilder. Click on the appropriate tab. In the pane on the left side right click and select Show Hierarchy. Brad Don Wood wrote: > I'm probably behind the curve on this but is there a place in PB10 that I >...

How to find if an object is used ?
Is there a way to know in the library painter if a user object is placed in a window for example. The search functionality doesn't seem to display the use of an object in the window I need to export the window and do a search to find if the user object ( i know the classname only ) is used. PB 6.5 thanks for your help I had never noticed this deficiency! As far as a PB only solution, sounds like you've got the right track. Advanced Developer Toolkit's Object Searcher may help you too, but I can't get it to work this morning. If you're willing to go t...

To find the object where it is used
Hai, Pleasde help me to find out an object in many windows where it is used. For example I have a datawindow but I have to find out in how many programs are using this datawindow. I am using PB11.2 Please help With thanks and regards Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Hi Polacan; Might I suggest ... 1) Create a new WorkSpace (ie: "GlobalSearch") 2) Create a new Target (ie: "GlobalSearch") 3) Now add *all* the PBL's for *every* application that you wish t...

Object Session
Hi!, I have a file named cDatos.cs with the following lines:  this.usuario = System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session["usuario"].ToString(); this.contrasena = System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session["password"].ToString(); this.obtenerConexion(System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session["nombrecompania"].ToString());  I call this code from another class who I instantiate from an aspx page, but I receive the following error:{"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."} Any hint on this?regards, -eduardo s.m. &nbs...

object scope and using global object issue
Q1: where to create an instance of a class (say Constants) that globally accessable to each session? Is Global.asax.cs is the place? How to access it after create it. I tried this code in Global.asax.cs file but it can not compile. public Constants const; protected void Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) { const = new Constants (); Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = culture; Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = culture; } Q2: If I have static variable declared in class A, like this public static string Test = "ABC"; ...

If i use an object in my extension, will there be an object for each window?
Thnx in advance ...

Validating object using object name which is a string
I extracted object names of my libraries using Librarydirectory fuction which I imported in a datawindow.I have object names as string variables. Now, I need to use ISVALID function to validate object intialization. However, I have object name as string only whereas argument type of ISVALID function is object type. Please reply ASAP. raman_sharma@keane.com raman_vickey@hotmail.com <Raman Sharma> wrote >I extracted object names of my libraries using > Librarydirectory fuction which I imported in a datawindow.I > have object names as string variables. > &...

Accessing a Com object using Get Object
* Wasn't sure which section to put this in, but found similiar topics in here. We have a slight problem trying to access a COM Object. Reading some of the threads in this forum, people have mentioned trying to connect to a COM Object, but everyone has suggested using CreateObj. We cannot do this as the object is already created, we need to Get this object. Obviously you can use the GetObj command in VB6, but we cannot find away of Getting this object either through a webservice. Feel free to move this to the correct forum. Any help will be greatly recieved. Regards C ...

utility to show what objects each PB object uses
I need a utility that shows what objects are used by each PB object, including: - ancestor - visual component included on surface of this object The following would be nice as well: - objects used in instance/shared/local variables - visual objects used with dynamic creation (e.g. OpenUserObject()) - objects used as function arguments Anyone heard of a tool for this? The PB browser Uses tabpage is very slow and crashes (in PB 7). The PB browser Windows tabpage lists the controls on a window by name only and not their classname (in PB 7). Thanks. I think PBLPeeper wil...

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

Web resources about - Urgent - Datawindow Object - How to find out the object is in use ? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo