upgrading powerbuilder from 6.5 to 10

I want to upgrade a powerbuilder application from 6.5 to 10
I could not find any documentation any where

can you please indicate where I can find this

thanks
subramnayam
0
subramanyam

 Have a look at: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1032777

<subramanyam mekala> wrote in message
> I want to upgrade a powerbuilder application from 6.5 to 10
> I could not find any documentation any where
>
> can you please indicate where I can find this
>

> thanks
> subramnayam

0
Chris
2/23/2005 4:08:51 PM
subramanyam,

The complexity of the migration from 6.5 to 10 varies based on how complex
your 6.5 application is. For simple applications, you could just copy the
PBLs to a new folder and open the application PBL in PB10 and follow the
dialog boxes from there. For more complex applications, the migration
assistant is useful.

The most critical task is to create backups of the 6.5 PBLs before you start
the migration. Once you start converting the PBLs, you can't revert it to an
earlier version.

Sanjiv.

<subramanyam mekala> wrote in message
>I want to upgrade a powerbuilder application from 6.5 to 10
> I could not find any documentation any where
>
> can you please indicate where I can find this
>

> thanks
> subramnayam

0
Sanjiv

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

Upgrade Powerbuilder 6.5.0444 to 6.5.1
I have Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444 installed, but the application I'm now supporting was built using 6.5.1. Is there anywhere I can get the upgrade to 6.5.1? When I go to the downloads area of this site it asks me for client support which I don't think I have? Thanks Hi Gary; Sorry to say .. but, I think the only PB 6.x copies are in the Smithsonian. :-( The only hope you might have is through Sybase Technical Support. Good luck. -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/pro...

Powerbuilder
Our shop is considering going from version 6.5 to version 10.0. The upgrade would also include using the new pfc libraries. On average, how long should it take to upgrade an application with 25 pbls, of which 15 are the PFC,Corporate, and PFC entension layers. thanks, dean I'm not exactly sure what you're after, but the vast majority of your time should probably be spent, IMHO, on testing and debugging. You're changing the foundations of your software; any assumptions about what works and what doesn't should be thrown out (at least in QA theory). You're the b...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

Powerbuilder 6.5 to 10.5 conversion
Is there a way to set drop down calender to checked during conversion on alle datawindows where the field is date and tab > 0? Or should I edit all datawindows and change the setting manually? Regards, Eric ...

Powerbuilder 6.0 to 6.5 UPGRADE
Hi, I'm Freddy from Mumbai, India. It has come to the attention of our Company that Sybase is offering Powerbuilder 6.5 upgrade free to the buyers of 6.0. The only problem is that i don't know the site from where i could download it. The ressellers here are highly uncooperative in giving out this kind of info. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me about the site. Thanks A Lot, In Advance Freddy Daruwalla Hi Freddy, Go to http://support.sybase.com/ and click on "Download software." You will have to set up a user profile for yourself, ...

Upgrade from powerbuilder 10.5 to 11.5
Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source. Does this sound about right at all? Many Thanks Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have converted over 25 applications (most very large) from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any problems (no additional steps or changes to objects or code was required, for us at least). The only cav...

Asc conversion Powerbuilder 6.5 to 10.5.1
In our original 6.5 encryption code we have the line: b = Asc (String(bl_byte)) Which works fine. It does not work at all in 10.5.1. So we used the code: b = Asc (String(bl_byte,EncodingAnsi!)) This works fine but is returning a different ASCII value. I have tried the different Encoding values and haven't got it to work. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Jeff I experienced a similar problem. Look at the AscA function instead. Brad "JTS" <jschulz@nrcan.gc.ca> wrote in message news:1167233913.298233.172280@n51g2000cwc.googlegroup...

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

Web resources about - upgrading powerbuilder from 6.5 to 10 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles