Upgrade Powerbuilder 6.5.0444 to 6.5.1

I have Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444 installed, but the
application I'm now supporting was built using 6.5.1.  Is
there anywhere I can get the upgrade to 6.5.1?

When I go to the downloads area of this site it asks me for
client support which I don't think I have?

Gary

Hi Gary;

 Sorry to say .. but, I think the only PB 6.x copies are in the Smithsonian.
:-(

The only hope you might have is through Sybase Technical Support.
Good luck.

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

<Gary> wrote in message news:4b04fe65.6db8.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I have Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444 installed, but the
> application I'm now supporting was built using 6.5.1.  Is
> there anywhere I can get the upgrade to 6.5.1?
>
> When I go to the downloads area of this site it asks me for
> client support which I don't think I have?
>
> Thanks

0
Chris
11/19/2009 1:04:48 PM
The oldest download available on the website is for PB 11.0. Sybase EOL'd
6.5 on June 30, 2001. The current version is 11.5.

You might be able to get it from Sybase if you have a support agreement and
you call them.

Otherwise you would need someone who has that install disk to make a copy
for you. The other choice would be to purchase the current version and
upgrade the application.

<Gary> wrote in message news:4b04fe65.6db8.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I have Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444 installed, but the
> application I'm now supporting was built using 6.5.1.  Is
> there anywhere I can get the upgrade to 6.5.1?
>
> When I go to the downloads area of this site it asks me for
> client support which I don't think I have?
>
> Thanks

0
Roland
11/19/2009 1:08:23 PM
Hi Gary,

I'm in the same situation as you....  If you get the
maintenance release from somewhere, please let me know....

Denise Faukner
dfaulkner@swankmp.com

> The oldest download available on the website is for PB
> 11.0. Sybase EOL'd  6.5 on June 30, 2001. The current
> version is 11.5.
>
> You might be able to get it from Sybase if you have a
> support agreement and  you call them.
>
> Otherwise you would need someone who has that install disk
> to make a copy  for you. The other choice would be to
> purchase the current version and  upgrade the application.
>
> <Gary> wrote in message
> news:4b04fe65.6db8.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have
> > Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444 installed, but the
> > application I'm now supporting was built using 6.5.1.
> Is there anywhere I can get the upgrade to 6.5.1? >
> > When I go to the downloads area of this site it asks me
> > for client support which I don't think I have?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Denise

upgrading from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6
I ran the patch upgrade for gw 6.5 to get us to sp6. Ran the update and rebooted. all seem to upgrade except the gwia component. It was soft abending the server. I tried re installing the gwia from the new SDD directory and it still did not work. Is there any problems with going from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6 directly? gw 6.5.1 (poa, mta, gwia, webaccess on same server). One post office. novell 6 sp 5. Normally not, but try deleting sccfilt.bin, if it exists. <rmburt@nationalindemnity.com> wrote in message news:_Z7Qh.2389$mb6.563@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I r...

upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
Hi, We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem with sending mail to yahoo. My question is do I have to upgrade everything? On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main postoffice and webaccess. On the second server we have 4 other postoffice's for our student email. Can I just upgrade the main server with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at 6.5.5? If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post offices? > Hi, > We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve th...

Access Violation in PowerBuilder 6.5 and 6.5.1
I'm migrating a big Application from PowerBuilder 5.04 to 6.5.1. There was no problem in migrating the *.pbl. When Creating the native Executable for Windows NT 4.0, there is a Dr. Watson in pb60.exe (Access Violation). The compiler switches are set the following way: 1) Rebuild -> Full 2) Machine Code -> Yes (Checked) 3) Trace Information -> No (Not Checked) 4) Error Context Information -> No (Not Checked) 5) Executable Format -> Native 6) Optimization -> Speed 7) For each Library has to be created a dll. Therefore the checkbox is checked for each Library...

Upgrade from 5.1 to 6.5 with grpwise 6.5
I have upgraded to NW65 with SP5 from NW5.1 and my server seems to run fine since the upgrade. My WEB server was Novonyx which does not work anymore since apache has taken it's place. It will not come up, giving an error that LDAP is not loaded. Groupwise agents MTA, POA and GWIA are operating fine. If I load NLDAP manually I still get the same error. I have looked in the config file in the apache folder and all of the pointers are to the Novonyx location for my files to load. How can I get the web server operational again? Thanks Wendell What is the exact error o...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Upgrade 6.5 to 6.5.1
What patches do I need to bring my PB 6.5 up to the latest 6.5.1? I know this isn't supported anymore but I have clients who have legacy apps are slated for migration to 8.0 but that might not be for a year or so. I'd at least like to use the latest PB6 version. TIA -EGM Just go to my.sybase.com when it's back up (they're doing maintenance on it as I write) select EBF/Updates from the Downloads menu. You may have to set the date range back to more than a year to find the 6.x maintenance releases. On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:08:01 -0500, in powersoft.public....

Upgrade Netware6.5.6 to 6.5.7 with GroupWise 6.5
Is there any problems that I need to know about before I apply the sp7 patch to this GroupWise server. At the present this GW server is a stand alone server, and after a week it unloads tomcat4 which shuts down webacc module and the users can not connect with Webacc. I have worked on this problem for a while now, upgraded java and several others things. I hope there won't be any problems with this patch and sp7. Thanks, Tim Support-forums.novell.com, > Is there any problems that I need to know about before I apply the sp7 > patch to this GroupWise server. At the p...

Upgraded 6.5.1+2 to 6.5.5 and the new build is not showing?
I just performed an upgrade install over 6.5.1 Internet agent, and 6.5.2 MTA and POA and Webaccess up to 6.5.5. I did an install of 7 on a 6.5 SP5 box at home first to get familiar and to fill out the answers on the 16 page preliminary with proper paths and domain name, etc. I stopped Java, Apache2, unloaded the modules first, ran the setup.exe from a remote XP machine. I restarted the server and everything fired up and works, yet the build still says 6.5.1 on the internet agent, and 6.5.2 on the others. The reason main reason I did the patch was because webaccess was not d...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

NW 6.5 Upgrade from NW 5.1 SP 6 and Edir 8.7.1.1
Heres a good one. Current config. nw 5.1 sp 5 with edir 8.7.0.3 We upgraded our NW 5.1 to SP 6, Then to edir 8.7.1, But an error poped up "Unable to update the data base" hit enter and it continued. Then went to 8.7.1.1. Loaded nw 5.1 ran health check and dsrepair. No errors. Go figure ?????? Loaded "startx" at the console and started the upgrade. It ran through the copy process of both cd's and then rebooted. Server came back up in the "Install mode" copied a bunch of drivers, then went to a GUI screen. Made our selections of what we wanted to...

Upgrading from 6.5.4 to 6.5.5
Hello, When I upgraded to 6.5.4 from 6.5.3 I was told I could just copy out the newer files instead of going through the setup. Is this possible for 6.5.5 and what files would I need to copy over and to where? Thanks in advance Michael Copy them to the SDD (software distribution directory). Once there you can install the agents with the /copyonly switch. -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop "I have the body of a god, unfortunately it's Buddah" - T-shirt quote > Copy them to the SDD (software distribution directory). > > Once there ...

Upgrading from 6.5 to 6.5.1 questions...
We currently have several PB 6.5 apps on our LAN with a common process to install the PB 6.5 runtimes to the client machines (most of the apps themselves reside on a work group server, so runtimes are all teh client PC needs). It appeared to me that the 6.5.1 upgrade also changes the runtime DLLs (but possible not the name of the DLL). So the question is, can a 6.5 compiled app run if the client machine has the 6.5.1 runtime DLLs installed? Or can a 6.5.1 compiled app still run if the client has only the 6.5 runtimes installed? Also, it appeared as thought most of the upgrade...

Upgrade from 6.5.3 to 6.5.6
Hi there, I have a GW 6.5.3 system running on a SUSE 9 server. I am moving to a new server and I want to also upgrade GW to 6.5.6 at the same time. I'm not sure how to go about doing that. My thought was to build the server, install NDS, install GW admin, graft my data, and install the agents using my 6.5.3 SDD. Then apply the patch after that. Does anyone have any advice on this? -- brownl573 * brownl573 , no need to install the 6.5.3 agents first, just install the 6.5.6 stuff directly. Else it sounds fine. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp ...

Web resources about - Upgrade Powerbuilder 6.5.0444 to 6.5.1 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles