Updating Inforimix 7 DW in PB 6.5 crashing in EXE runtime

I recently upgraded from PB 5.0 to 6.5 and have an Informix 7 datawindow
that is randomly GPFing in the EXE runtime when doing an update.  No problem
running out of Powerbuilder or in the previous PB 5.0 EXE.  I'm using
PBIN760.dll version 6.5.1.620 datestamp 5/14/99.  Has any had similar
problems or know of any issues with this driver?  Thanks.

0
RS

RS,

Random GPFs often point to a problem somewhere else in the code. The
migration to 6.5.1 may have left you with some seemingly minor code issues
that later result in the GPF when updating.

First, make sure that your code is solid and that all your objects regen
cleanly. Then try to isolate the dw (if you can) in a small, controlled test
application. Keep the user interface to a minimum - just enough to populate,
modify and update from the dw in question. Perhaps you can put the
modify-update code in a loop and run the test repeatedly, noting when (if?)
you get the GPF.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,
Millard[Team Sybase]

RS <1@1.com> wrote in message ...
>I recently upgraded from PB 5.0 to 6.5 and have an Informix 7 datawindow
>that is randomly GPFing in the EXE runtime when doing an update.  No
problem
>running out of Powerbuilder or in the previous PB 5.0 EXE.  I'm using
>PBIN760.dll version 6.5.1.620 datestamp 5/14/99.  Has any had similar
>problems or know of any issues with this driver?  Thanks.

0
Millard

PB 6.5.1 crash on dw.update()
Hello all! PB 6.5.1 ASA 6.0.3.2747 W2K I have an urgent problem with one of my datastores. I retrieve data from approx. 6 joined tables. After creation with syntaxfromsql() I set the following: ids_auftraege.Object.Datawindow.Table.UpdateTable = "t_auftraege" ids_auftraege.Object.DataWindow.Table.UpdateKeyinPlace= "Yes" ids_auftraege.Object.voucher.update = "Yes" ids_auftraege.Object.zahlart.update = "Yes" ids_auftraege.Object.agenturnr.update = "Yes" ids_auftraege.Object.kdnr.u...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

PB 6.5 --> PB 7 Out of Memory on DS update.
I've migrated a PFC 6 application from PB 6.5 to 7.0. Two very nasty things happened in the process. (1) one of my key windows causes PB 7 to crash when I save changes to it. I attempted to fix this by exporting the entire PBL and reimporting it into a new, fresh PBL, but no luck. (2) I have an n_ds datastore that when I call update(true,true), it throws up a dialog box announcing it is "Out of Memory". Anybody seen this before? It's got me over a barrel. -- Matt Leo Senior Technical Consultant ACR Corp ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Return charater causes DW update error and PB crash (re-post from the pb.general group)
Hi All PB 10.0.1, MSSQLServer 2000 We've got a field (defined as Char) that takes standard input... included in this is the odd carriage return (though we've got triggers preventing saving of said bad character).. When this was running with PB 8, the save went through without issue... As soon as app was migrated to PB 10 (no change in back end with migration to 10), the save started blowing up (cannot insert NULL error, even though we can see the value in the insert/update statement... only weird part is that in both the error msg and a DB Trace, the return key...

PB 6.5.1/7.0 Connect 16-bit exe with ASA 6.0
I have the Techdoc DocID 444777 on connecting 16-bit exes with 32-bit SQL Anywhere DBs: http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44477 I have followed it to the letter and cannot get it to work: Error message on 16-bit exe CONNECT using SQLCA: ODBC is not supported in your installation. Has anyone else tried this? 32-bit exe works no problems (well it would 32-bit ODBC). Platform is Win95. I have both the 32-bit and 16-bit deployment kits installed on the same machine. I think the problem is with the so-called ODBC bridge. Any help appreciated. Problem ...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional
Re: PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Thanks! ...

PB 6.5 & MSSQL 6.5->7
I have several heavily used and widely distributed apps that use ODBC to connect to MSSQL 6.5. I would like to upgrade my database to MSSQL 7. Obviously, it would be great if I could just turn off the old server and plug in the new server (same name, ip address) and have the apps connect to it with their current setups. This doesn't seem very likely. What would you suggest as the best approach? Thanks for your suggestions. Jeremy You will have to have a test server to do this for the first time. Weather it will be smooth or not, it depends on three major factors: the ...

PB update 6.5 to 7.0
Hi- We are preparing to upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0. Have any of you done this recently? Are there any known issues I should research? Thanks, dp Doug Peters wrote: > We are preparing to upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0. Have any of you done this > recently? Nope. > Are there any known issues I should research? I think your success rate would be better if you posted your questions in the PowerBuilder newsgroups. This is one of the Sybase database server newsgroups. -am ...

PowerBuilder Debugger Crashes PB 6.5
Whenever I try to launch the PB debugger, I get the following error: "pb60.exe - Application Error" "The exception interger division by zero occurred in the application...." Other workstations here do not have this problem. I have tried reinstalling PB 6.5, but no luck. Any ideas as to what is happening? Try looking at [Debug] section of pb.ini and removing stops/watches... "Carl Hoog" <tcgh415@genelco.com> wrote in message news:38AAF13E.F3F00913@genelco.com... > Whenever I try to launch the PB debugger, I get the following error: >...

PB 6.5 OCX Crashes in EXE
I have build an application in Powerbuilder 6.5 that uses 2 OCX controls. One of them is the GanttOCX from AddSoft, the other one is home-made. Both OCX controls are working fine when running the appliction from within the PB 6.5 development environment, but if I run the executable and try to open the windows containing the controls the executable is crashing and causing a Access Violation. This happens with both the controls. Some Additional information: The OCX controls are created as a visual ole user object and this ole user object is placed on a window. If you have any ideas...

PB 6.5 crashes building exe
Pb 6.5 crashes when buildiing exe using maching code option on a Windows 98 second edition (Spanish) 64 MB RAM machine. Any ideas? Is this a Win98 issue?. I would appreciate your help, Thanks in advance, Vladimir My suggestion: don't build a machine-code .exe. Pbd's are just as fast in almost every situation, are smaller than the corresponding .dlls, build much faster than .dlls, and are more stable than .dlls. Regards, steve [TeamSybase] Anteriormente he trabajado con PB6.5 y existe un problema al hacer un=20 ejecutable y se usan ciertos simbolos propios del e...

3.6.7 Crashes in all the same places as 3.6.6 and 3.6.5
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: 3.6.7 Crashes in all the same places as 3.6.6 and 3.6.5 Comments: Have , yet again uninstalled this latest "fixed" version, and gone back to 3.6.3 which appears to let me visit Google dictionary without crashing. Problems continue with multi-media content, possibly flash-based - I can't even visit my own site (http://the-right.biz/opp-video.html)without it crashing, nor my work site which contains video. Disappointing that this has not been fixed after all this time. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-U...

Web resources about - Updating Inforimix 7 DW in PB 6.5 crashing in EXE runtime - sybase.powerbuilder.general