updated repost : datawindow protect property expression problem

Hi,
In the datawindow protect property expression I have
" if( type = 'MAS',0,1) " ( I want to disable editing for some columns, when
column "type" is 'MAS')

when I move the cursor with the tab key there is no problem, but when I
click this row/s with mouse the column seems always protected.

Is this a bug?
And do we have a solution to prevent this problem?

I have p 8.0.3 and the datawindow is a grid type.

There is no tab-order problem, all tab-orders are >0 and I do nothing in
scripts. The datawindow behaves same in Design-Time

Thanks for All
Ali

0
Ali

Hi Ali!

It seems that column "type" is not having the value "MAS" when you are
using mouse to navigate between columns in the datawindow instead of using
tab.

Try to check the value of "type" in some appropriate event like
ItemFocusChanged. If the case happens to be the one where the value from
edit is not updating the primary buffer... you can use an explicit
'AcceptText' at an appropriate place.

Just a thought... HTH

Rgds.
0
RDPaul
3/17/2003 5:53:10 AM
The column "type" comes from the database(by retrieve) and I dont modify it.
The behaviour is same at design time. I can navigate with tab key backward
and forward but when I click the columns with mouse, they behave
differently.
The strange thing is: As far as I know, although one column is protected, it
should allow me to put focus on it. But this columns behaves as if they have
no tab order when I click them with mouse.

<RDPaul> wrote in message
> Hi Ali!
>
> It seems that column "type" is not having the value "MAS" when you are
> using mouse to navigate between columns in the datawindow instead of using
> tab.
>
> Try to check the value of "type" in some appropriate event like
> ItemFocusChanged. If the case happens to be the one where the value from
> edit is not updating the primary buffer... you can use an explicit
> 'AcceptText' at an appropriate place.
>
> Just a thought... HTH
>
> Rgds.

0
Ali
3/17/2003 12:00:49 PM
On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 02:32:08 +0200, "Ali" <ali@ali> wrote:

>Hi,
>In the datawindow protect property expression I have
>" if( type = 'MAS',0,1) " ( I want to disable editing for some columns, when
>column "type" is 'MAS')
>
>when I move the cursor with the tab key there is no problem, but when I
>click this row/s with mouse the column seems always protected.
>
>Is this a bug?
>And do we have a solution to prevent this problem?
>
>I have p 8.0.3 and the datawindow is a grid type.

Grid datawindows have mouse selection enabled by default.  This option
gives you "Excel type" shift-click ctrl-click  cell selection.   I
wonder if that has anything to do with it.  If you have that selected
try to uncheck "Mouse Selection" in the painter.

  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
    ___
  ____   _
 _____    _
  ____   _
    ___

  Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
  http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/
0
Boris

Datawindow, Protect property, add datawindow expression to control setting
There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an expression. Did you mean the ReadOnly property of the whole datawindow? Matthew Chestnut wrote in message <3c87c173.108123333@forums.sybase.com>... Oops, I was in a hurry when I entered this ... I meant to request an expression on the *Required* attribute for a datawindow column. On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:48:33 -0500, "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote: >There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an >expression. Did you mean the Re...

DataWindow Update Properties Problem
I have just migrated to PB 9.01 and am using the SQLOLEDB database connection with Microsoft SQL Server. Whenever I try to modify a DataWindow's update properties through the DataWindow Painter, I get a GPF. Anyone out there experienced this or have a solution? ...

Problem with protect property of a datawindow column
Hello, Two of the columns' cells(nexus_bypass, franchise_bypass) of the datawindow having edit style as drop down datawindows are protected depending on the value in another column cell(tax_type). e.g. I have three columns as follow: tax_type, nexus_bypass, franchise_bypass The possible values for tax_type are 'INCOME', 'FRANCHISE' and 'INCOME/FRANCHISE' I put following conditions in protect property as follows nexus_bypass.protect = if ( Mid(tax_type, 1, 6) = 'INCOME', 0, 1) franchise_bypass.protect = if ( (Mid(tax_type, 1, 9) = 'FR...

datawindow protect propert expression problem
Hi, In the datawindow protect property expression I have " if( type = 'MAS' ,0,1) " when I move the cursor with the tab key there is no problem, but when I click this row/s with mouse the column seems always protected. Is this a bug? And do we have a solution to prevent this problem? I have p 8.0.3 and the datawindow is a grid type. Thanks for All Ali Ali: What is the tab order? Austin "Ali" <ali@ali> wrote in message news:ztGijwk6CHA.287@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > In the datawindow protect property expression I have &qu...

PowerBuilder 9 / Oracle datawindow update problem
When using PowerBuilder 9 and an Oracle 9 database, the following error is returned when updating data in a datawindow whose primary key has the value " ": Row changed between retrieve and update. No changes made to database. update mlsct set display_curr =1 where site_id = "" The datawindow update is successful when using Microsoft SQL Server or Sybase. It is also successful when using PowerBuilder 7 and Oracle 9. Finally, if I use Oracle SQL Plus Worksheet and modify the value of the primary key to equal something other than " ", e.g. "1&qu...

problem: backtabbing out of a datawindow using the protection property in Powerscript
I currently have a tabular datawindow that retrieves 5 rows of data with 4 columns across. Row #1 and column #1 I protect. For other reasons, I had to set this protection using a Powerscript expression in a user event of the datawindow control. The protection works fine but I noticed that I cannot backtab out of the datawindow control. Backtabbing stops and no other control gains focus. I tested this out by setting the protection expression in the datawindow painter for the first column (row 1) and I was able to backtab successfully. However, for other reasons I need to set the p...

Repost Urgent
--------------F716F61C9278124AA918F02C Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Guys, This is very urgent and will help me a lot if you tell me your views. --------------------------------------------------------------------- I have Where clause for updates as Key and updateable columns in the datawindow. This doesn't have any effect in the web environment because everytime before you update, retrieve is done in the component. e.g. I retrieve a row in my html datawindow. Someone else modifies the same row in database after that. Then I tr...

powerbuilder 8.0.3 vs datawindow protect property
Will the next path of Powerbuilder resolve all the problems related to the protect datawindow property and the datawindows edit mask problems that I have in PB 8.01 and 8.0.2? Without knowing all the problems you have, how would someone be able to effectively answer that question? If all the proble you are having are not reported in the form of a technical support case ( "report a bug" cases may not yet be in engineering hands due to its inherient difference in service levels) or known to Sybase such that it actually got into engineering hands to fix for 8.0.3, it is ...

Problem in option "update properties" of datawindow painter.
Power Builder Enterprise 5.0.03 SYBASE SQL Server 11.0.2.x I have 2 tables in Sybase's database : Table a with columns: a1 int, a2 datetime, primary key (a1,a2) Table b with columns: b1 int, b2 datetime, primary key (b1,b2) If I select these tables with a join on columns a2 and b2 (a2=b2), in order to build a new updateable datawindow, in the "Update properties" window, the section "unique key columns" only shows a1,b1 as primary key columns...! (should appear ....!) (If a2 and b2 are integer this works fine) - What can I do in order to...

Powerbuilder 8.0.3 Protect Expression Problem in Grid DW
Hi A search of the group has found previous references to this issue but no solutions. Sybase Solved Case 10960579 contains clues in the header but we haven't been able to view the resolution. Essentially we have found that an expression in the protect property for a column gives erratic results. A column is meant to be protected based on the value in another column ( same row ). Sometimes the column gets protected, sometimes not. Any replies/assistance very gratefully received David Hughes / drh0002@yahoo.co.nz ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--...

problem with the datawindow Rows-Update Properties
i am trying to set up a datawindow for a table with a compound primary key where one of the columns is a datetime column (ASE 11.5) : xpkactivity_action_note clustered, unique activity_num, action_datetime, resource_id, activity_action_id The action_datetime column doesn't appear in the Unique Key Columns() list box in the Specify Update Properties which results in the update not working properly because the where clause is incorrect... (the column is in the Updateable Columns list). when i press the Primary Key button, it selects the other 3 columns. i can't find a...

PowerBuilder 7.0.3 Build 10108 Datawindow Update Properties Bug
When setting the Update Properties for a DataWindow Object, columns of datatype 'datetime' are not listed under the 'Unique Key Columns' listbox. We are connecting to a Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 database using a MSS 6.x driver. Anyone experience this problem? Our only workaround is to export the object to text, modify it manually, and then re-import the object. We're concerned that this is too dangerous and could possibly corrupt the object. Also, does anyone know where/how to obtain a native mode SQL 7.0 driver for PB 7? Thanks, Check the documentation...

Update properties on datawindow columns not updated when changed
When I initially add an updateable datawindow and set the update column properties, everything works fine. If I then go back into the update column properties and CHANGE which ones are updateable, it doesn't subsequently change the underlying datawindow. The properties ARE updated and stored correctly, however, so when you go back in to edit them again it looks correct. The typical Powerbuilder Mantra that I am oh so used to (save, close, reboot, open) doesn't fix this one... Has anyone seen this behaviour before, or am I just hallucinating? Tim tima@predator<dash>so...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

Web resources about - updated repost : datawindow protect property expression problem - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo