Turn back from PB 9 to PB 8

I migrate my Programm from PB 8 to PB 9. But now I want turn back to PB 8.

Is it possible to migrate from PB 9 back to PB 8 and what�s the way to do
it.

0
Manuel

Not easily. You can export your objects and try importing them into PB
8 .pbls. Did you keep a backup of your application code?

Is there a problem with PB 9 that is preventing you from going
forward?

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist
Still on PB 7.x or earier? Get PB 9.0 for 50% Off!
Call 877-357-2093 for more information

On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:25:05 +0200, "Manuel Schidlauske"
<m.schidlauske@bungert.de> wrote:

>I migrate my Programm from PB 8 to PB 9. But now I want turn back to PB 8.
>
>Is it possible to migrate from PB 9 back to PB 8 and what�s the way to do
>it.

-1
dfish
5/23/2003 12:23:48 PM
This would be arduous.

As an alternative you can automate the process, using a combination of
PowerGen's features.  Visit www.ecrane.com for more information and a 30-day
trial.

Phil Wallingford
E. Crane

"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Not easily. You can export your objects and try importing them into PB
> 8 .pbls. Did you keep a backup of your application code?
>
> Is there a problem with PB 9 that is preventing you from going
> forward?
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist
> Still on PB 7.x or earier? Get PB 9.0 for 50% Off!
> Call 877-357-2093 for more information
>
> On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:25:05 +0200, "Manuel Schidlauske"
> <m.schidlauske@bungert.de> wrote:
>
> >I migrate my Programm from PB 8 to PB 9. But now I want turn back to PB
8.

> >Is it possible to migrate from PB 9 back to PB 8 and what�s the way to do
> >it.

1
Phil
5/23/2003 4:46:52 PM
In addition, you have to remove any elements that are PB9 specific.
While you may have not coded anything PB9-specific, in some upward
migrations just saving an item (especially a datawindow) will
introduce version-specific syntaxes.

Good luck,

On Fri, 23 May 2003 12:23:48 GMT, dfish@sybase.com (Dave Fish [Team
Sybase]) wrote:

>Not easily. You can export your objects and try importing them into PB
>8 .pbls. Did you keep a backup of your application code?
>
>Is there a problem with PB 9 that is preventing you from going
>forward?
>
>Regards,
>Dave Fish
>Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist
>Still on PB 7.x or earier? Get PB 9.0 for 50% Off!
>Call 877-357-2093 for more information
>
>On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:25:05 +0200, "Manuel Schidlauske"
><m.schidlauske@bungert.de> wrote:
>
>>I migrate my Programm from PB 8 to PB 9. But now I want turn back to PB 8.
>>
>>Is it possible to migrate from PB 9 back to PB 8 and what�s the way to do
>>it.

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
5/23/2003 5:19:37 PM
Did you try just rebuilding the PBLs under PB8?

Based on experience with other versions of PB, that should work fine aside
from those datawindow objects (DWOs) that you've modified under PB9. The
DWOs that you did NOT explicitly modify under PB9 will convert back to PB8
without difficulties. Those you HAVE modified under PB9 are lost to you;
they will generate syntax errors under PB8, so you'll have to drop back to
a PB8 backup of your DWOs.

HTH - Hoyt
0
Hoyt_Nelson
5/23/2003 5:56:57 PM
Actually, you can edit the datawindows source and remove PB 9 specific synatx.

<Hoyt_Nelson> wrote in message
> Did you try just rebuilding the PBLs under PB8?
>
> Based on experience with other versions of PB, that should work fine aside
> from those datawindow objects (DWOs) that you've modified under PB9. The
> DWOs that you did NOT explicitly modify under PB9 will convert back to PB8
> without difficulties. Those you HAVE modified under PB9 are lost to you;
> they will generate syntax errors under PB8, so you'll have to drop back to
> a PB8 backup of your DWOs.
>
> HTH - Hoyt

he (or we <g>) have a problem with an edit mask in the datawindows.
Because of the problem we want to go back to PB8.
Perhaps it would be better to find a solution for the PB9-error.

The error is:
We have a data column with style Type EditMask. The edit mask is "###.00".
If the user enter "10.80" the entry in the column will be "1080"!!!!!!!

We use that a lot in out appilcations and we didn't have had any
problems with PB8.

Roy Bungert

Dave Fish [Team Sybase] schrieb:
> Not easily. You can export your objects and try importing them into PB
> 8 .pbls. Did you keep a backup of your application code?
>
> Is there a problem with PB 9 that is preventing you from going
> forward?
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist
> Still on PB 7.x or earier? Get PB 9.0 for 50% Off!
> Call 877-357-2093 for more information
>
> On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:25:05 +0200, "Manuel Schidlauske"
> <m.schidlauske@bungert.de> wrote:
>

>>I migrate my Programm from PB 8 to PB 9. But now I want turn back to PB 8.
>>
>>Is it possible to migrate from PB 9 back to PB 8 and what�s the way to do
>>it.

0
Roy
5/25/2003 9:02:41 AM
I'm not successfully reproducing this. Are you seeing this both in the
painters and at run time? Are you seeing this in newly created
datawindows, or just migrated datawindows? In the Column
Specifications tab of the datawindow painter, what is in the Type
column (the data type)? Any other ideas on what differentiates your
experience from mine?

Let us know,

On Sun, 25 May 2003 11:02:41 +0200, Roy Bungert <royb03@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>he (or we <g>) have a problem with an edit mask in the datawindows.
>Because of the problem we want to go back to PB8.
>Perhaps it would be better to find a solution for the PB9-error.
>
>The error is:
>We have a data column with style Type EditMask. The edit mask is "###.00".
>If the user enter "10.80" the entry in the column will be "1080"!!!!!!!
>
>We use that a lot in out appilcations and we didn't have had any
>problems with PB8.
>
>Roy Bungert
>

>Dave Fish [Team Sybase] schrieb:
>> Not easily. You can export your objects and try importing them into PB
>> 8 .pbls. Did you keep a backup of your application code?
>>
>> Is there a problem with PB 9 that is preventing you from going
>> forward?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist
>> Still on PB 7.x or earier? Get PB 9.0 for 50% Off!
>> Call 877-357-2093 for more information
>>
>> On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:25:05 +0200, "Manuel Schidlauske"
>> <m.schidlauske@bungert.de> wrote:
>>

>>>I migrate my Programm from PB 8 to PB 9. But now I want turn back to PB 8.
>>>
>>>Is it possible to migrate from PB 9 back to PB 8 and what�s the way to do
>>>it.

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
5/25/2003 6:30:40 PM
I couldn't beleave it ,too. But I can reproduce the error:

- Create an external datawindow with a decimal variable (dec 2).
- Change the editstyle to EditMask and define ###.00 as the mask.
- Change to the preview window an enter a value. For example 5.03. After
leaving the column the value changes to 503
- I tested it with W2K and XP - but with the GERMAN version of both.
- BTW: The error is in the painter an at run time, in migrated dws and
in new ones.
- Perhaps this is the problem: We (in Germany) uses a "," as a decimal
separator. But anyway: it works fine since PB 5.0 for me and now not in
PB 9.0 (Build 5507). What I did too, was to change the separator to "."
in my windows system settings - without success.

Roy Bungert

Terry Voth schrieb:
> I'm not successfully reproducing this. Are you seeing this both in the
> painters and at run time? Are you seeing this in newly created
> datawindows, or just migrated datawindows? In the Column
> Specifications tab of the datawindow painter, what is in the Type
> column (the data type)? Any other ideas on what differentiates your
> experience from mine?
>
> Let us know,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On Sun, 25 May 2003 11:02:41 +0200, Roy Bungert <royb03@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>he (or we <g>) have a problem with an edit mask in the datawindows.
>>Because of the problem we want to go back to PB8.
>>Perhaps it would be better to find a solution for the PB9-error.
>>
>>The error is:
>>We have a data column with style Type EditMask. The edit mask is "###.00".
>>If the user enter "10.80" the entry in the column will be "1080"!!!!!!!
>>
>>We use that a lot in out appilcations and we didn't have had any
>>problems with PB8.
>>
>>Roy Bungert
>>

>>Dave Fish [Team Sybase] schrieb:
>>
>>>Not easily. You can export your objects and try importing them into PB
>>>8 .pbls. Did you keep a backup of your application code?
>>>
>>>Is there a problem with PB 9 that is preventing you from going
>>>forward?
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Dave Fish
>>>Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist
>>>Still on PB 7.x or earier? Get PB 9.0 for 50% Off!
>>>Call 877-357-2093 for more information

> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
> See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=

0
Roy
5/25/2003 8:04:11 PM
Sounds like it could match this:

Change Request#: 315157 Priority: 1
Product Name: PB Enterprise - 9.0 Beta 4 OS: MS Windows NT 4.0
Product Component: Edit Mask

Fixed in Version #:
90_6053

With a combination of Decimal symbol = comma and Digit grouping symbol
= space in the numbers settings of the Regional Options in the Control
Panel, data entered into a decimal column with an editmask
(###,###.00) fails datawindow validation.
<<<

Best bet is to contact tech support for this patch.

Good luck,

On Sun, 25 May 2003 22:04:11 +0200, Roy Bungert <royb03@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I couldn't beleave it ,too. But I can reproduce the error:
>
>- Create an external datawindow with a decimal variable (dec 2).
>- Change the editstyle to EditMask and define ###.00 as the mask.
>- Change to the preview window an enter a value. For example 5.03. After
>leaving the column the value changes to 503
>- I tested it with W2K and XP - but with the GERMAN version of both.
>- BTW: The error is in the painter an at run time, in migrated dws and
>in new ones.
>- Perhaps this is the problem: We (in Germany) uses a "," as a decimal
>separator. But anyway: it works fine since PB 5.0 for me and now not in
>PB 9.0 (Build 5507). What I did too, was to change the separator to "."
>in my windows system settings - without success.
>

>Roy Bungert
>

>Terry Voth schrieb:
>> I'm not successfully reproducing this. Are you seeing this both in the
>> painters and at run time? Are you seeing this in newly created
>> datawindows, or just migrated datawindows? In the Column
>> Specifications tab of the datawindow painter, what is in the Type
>> column (the data type)? Any other ideas on what differentiates your
>> experience from mine?
>>
>> Let us know,
>>
>> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>>
>> On Sun, 25 May 2003 11:02:41 +0200, Roy Bungert <royb03@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>he (or we <g>) have a problem with an edit mask in the datawindows.
>>>Because of the problem we want to go back to PB8.
>>>Perhaps it would be better to find a solution for the PB9-error.
>>>
>>>The error is:
>>>We have a data column with style Type EditMask. The edit mask is "###.00".
>>>If the user enter "10.80" the entry in the column will be "1080"!!!!!!!
>>>
>>>We use that a lot in out appilcations and we didn't have had any
>>>problems with PB8.
>>>
>>>Roy Bungert

>> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
>> Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
>> Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
>> See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
>> ^ ^
>> o o
>> =*=

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
5/26/2003 12:50:05 AM
Thanks a lot,
I hope it will help.

Roy Bungert

Terry Voth schrieb:
> Sounds like it could match this:
>

> Change Request#: 315157 Priority: 1
> Product Name: PB Enterprise - 9.0 Beta 4 OS: MS Windows NT 4.0
> Product Component: Edit Mask
>
> Fixed in Version #:
> 90_6053

> With a combination of Decimal symbol = comma and Digit grouping symbol
> = space in the numbers settings of the Regional Options in the Control
> Panel, data entered into a decimal column with an editmask
> (###,###.00) fails datawindow validation.
> <<<
>
> Best bet is to contact tech support for this patch.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On Sun, 25 May 2003 22:04:11 +0200, Roy Bungert <royb03@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>I couldn't beleave it ,too. But I can reproduce the error:
>>
>>- Create an external datawindow with a decimal variable (dec 2).
>>- Change the editstyle to EditMask and define ###.00 as the mask.
>>- Change to the preview window an enter a value. For example 5.03. After
>>leaving the column the value changes to 503
>>- I tested it with W2K and XP - but with the GERMAN version of both.
>>- BTW: The error is in the painter an at run time, in migrated dws and
>>in new ones.
>>- Perhaps this is the problem: We (in Germany) uses a "," as a decimal
>>separator. But anyway: it works fine since PB 5.0 for me and now not in
>>PB 9.0 (Build 5507). What I did too, was to change the separator to "."
>>in my windows system settings - without success.
>>

>>Roy Bungert
>>

>>Terry Voth schrieb:
>>
>>>I'm not successfully reproducing this. Are you seeing this both in the
>>>painters and at run time? Are you seeing this in newly created
>>>datawindows, or just migrated datawindows? In the Column
>>>Specifications tab of the datawindow painter, what is in the Type
>>>column (the data type)? Any other ideas on what differentiates your
>>>experience from mine?
>>>
>>>Let us know,
>>>
>>>Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten

>>>Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
>>>Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
>>>Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
>>>See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
>>>^ ^
>>>o o
>>>=*=
>>

> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
> See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=

0
Roy
5/26/2003 5:18:18 AM
Indeed, that is likely the bug and if you search this forum within the
last two or three weeks, I posted the download site for this.

On Sun, 25 May 2003 20:50:05 -0400, Terry Voth
<sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote:

>Sounds like it could match this:
>

>Change Request#: 315157 Priority: 1
>Product Name: PB Enterprise - 9.0 Beta 4 OS: MS Windows NT 4.0
>Product Component: Edit Mask
>
>Fixed in Version #:
>90_6053

>With a combination of Decimal symbol = comma and Digit grouping symbol
>= space in the numbers settings of the Regional Options in the Control
>Panel, data entered into a decimal column with an editmask
>(###,###.00) fails datawindow validation.
><<<
>
>Best bet is to contact tech support for this patch.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
>On Sun, 25 May 2003 22:04:11 +0200, Roy Bungert <royb03@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I couldn't beleave it ,too. But I can reproduce the error:
>>
>>- Create an external datawindow with a decimal variable (dec 2).
>>- Change the editstyle to EditMask and define ###.00 as the mask.
>>- Change to the preview window an enter a value. For example 5.03. After
>>leaving the column the value changes to 503
>>- I tested it with W2K and XP - but with the GERMAN version of both.
>>- BTW: The error is in the painter an at run time, in migrated dws and
>>in new ones.
>>- Perhaps this is the problem: We (in Germany) uses a "," as a decimal
>>separator. But anyway: it works fine since PB 5.0 for me and now not in
>>PB 9.0 (Build 5507). What I did too, was to change the separator to "."
>>in my windows system settings - without success.
>>

>>Roy Bungert
>>

>>Terry Voth schrieb:
>>> I'm not successfully reproducing this. Are you seeing this both in the
>>> painters and at run time? Are you seeing this in newly created
>>> datawindows, or just migrated datawindows? In the Column
>>> Specifications tab of the datawindow painter, what is in the Type
>>> column (the data type)? Any other ideas on what differentiates your
>>> experience from mine?
>>>
>>> Let us know,
>>>
>>> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten

>>> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
>>> Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
>>> Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
>>> See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
>>> ^ ^
>>> o o
>>> =*=
>

>Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
>Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
>Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
>See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
>^ ^
>o o
>=*=

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA
0
joneil
5/26/2003 6:06:06 PM
It is not really all that bad on the datawindows.  I converted 50
datawindows back to pb8 in about 2 hours.  Mainly remove 2 atributes at the
top and the XML lines at the bottom.  After you start, you can just make the
same changes to each one of them.  Probably it would not be too hard to
write a small edit program to fix them up.

"M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Actually, you can edit the datawindows source and remove PB 9 specific
synatx.

> <Hoyt_Nelson> wrote in message
> > Did you try just rebuilding the PBLs under PB8?
> >
> > Based on experience with other versions of PB, that should work fine
aside
> > from those datawindow objects (DWOs) that you've modified under PB9. The
> > DWOs that you did NOT explicitly modify under PB9 will convert back to
PB8
> > without difficulties. Those you HAVE modified under PB9 are lost to you;
> > they will generate syntax errors under PB8, so you'll have to drop back
> > a PB8 backup of your DWOs.
> >
> > HTH - Hoyt

0
Tyler
5/28/2003 1:17:31 AM
I'm curious as to why you decided to go back to PB 8.

On Tue, 27 May 2003 20:17:31 -0500, "Tyler Cruse" <tcruse@trlx.com>
wrote:

>It is not really all that bad on the datawindows.  I converted 50
>datawindows back to pb8 in about 2 hours.  Mainly remove 2 atributes at the
>top and the XML lines at the bottom.  After you start, you can just make the
>same changes to each one of them.  Probably it would not be too hard to
>write a small edit program to fix them up.
>

>"M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Actually, you can edit the datawindows source and remove PB 9 specific
>synatx.
>>
>> <Hoyt_Nelson> wrote in message
>> > Did you try just rebuilding the PBLs under PB8?
>> >
>> > Based on experience with other versions of PB, that should work fine
>aside
>> > from those datawindow objects (DWOs) that you've modified under PB9. The
>> > DWOs that you did NOT explicitly modify under PB9 will convert back to
>PB8
>> > without difficulties. Those you HAVE modified under PB9 are lost to you;
>> > they will generate syntax errors under PB8, so you'll have to drop back
>> > a PB8 backup of your DWOs.
>> >
>> > HTH - Hoyt

0
dfish

PB 8 or PB 9??
We are currently at PB 7 and are wanting to migrate to either the latest release of PB 8 or to PB 9 sometime 3rd quarter 2003. A few questions: 1. Is PB 9 out for General Availability yet? I'm finding conflicting information. 2. What is the latest release of PB 8 and is it stable? Any major problems/issues with it? We're just using PB for maintaining existing PB client/server apps. 3. Can PB be used on Windows XP or Windows 2003? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! Peggy Klinger FirstEnergy Corp. Akron, OH USA 1. Yes PB 9 is GA. 2. Not s...

PB 8 to PB 9
Hi, We have both PB 8 and PB 9. Our program is written by PB 8, is it possible to convert it to PB 9. If yes, are there anythings which exists in PB 8 but is obsoleted in PB 9? Also, I would like to perform Spell checking function in PB 8, are there any function I can use? Thanks Lai Open a copy of it in PB9 and it will migrate it for you. There's nothing important I can remember that got depreceated in PB9. There is no build in spell check in PB8 or PB9. However there are third party controls, and you can always use OLE to talk to Word and let it do the spell ch...

PB crashes while migrating pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0
Hi, I am trying migrate a pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0. It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is there anything needs to be taken care before the migrating it to pb 9.0 ? Thanks, Mohan Same as any other version: - backup - optimize all PBLs - run Migration Assistant in destination version; try to deal with as much as possible in original version - full build, with information and warning messages turned on, so you know which messages after migration aren't new - backup, backup, backup - migrate - if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if you ca...

How to Handel PB Native Source Control When Migrating from PB 8 to PB 9
Is there a special process for migrating and preserving PB Native Source Control History? We are migrating from PB 8 under PB Native Source Control to PB 9. Our plan is to setup a seperate PB 9 machine. Then, checkout all our PB 8 objects on the source machine and copy them over to the PB 9 machine for migration. Once we get a clean build on the PB 9 machine, we would check all the objects back in. Is this the correct way to do it? Thanks, Bob Olsen There should be no need to check the objects out before the migration. I would: - Create a new Local Root Folder for the P...

Migrate from PB 9 to PB 8
I have some datawindows created in PB 9. I want to put them in PB 8's application. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks a lot Please post this question in the PowerBuilder.DataWindow newsgroup. This group is for DataWindow .NET questions and issues. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase DataWindow .NET Webcast December 16, 2004: www.customermining.com/Sybase/NETRegPage.html TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange: http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com On 16 Dec 2004 14:48:53 -0800, Joe wrote: >I hav...

Install PB 10 update without needing to install PB 9 update, then PB 8 update....
We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? If all you have is an update version, then you'll need to have some previous version of PB installed. On 4 Mar 2005 05:54:11 -0800, "Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel_N.0.S.P.A.M_at_InFrontSoftware_D0T_C0M> wrote: >We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 >without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Vote for D...

PB 9.0 / PB 8.x
Can somebody tell me if PB9.0 has been released. If so, is it stable enough or is it too buggy right now ?? And if not for PB9.x, is PB 8.x stable enough...and any reccomendations etc...or thoughts on the usage of PB 7/8x -Ben PB 9's not schedule to be released until near the end of march..Here's the article <BenJoseph> wrote in message news:D664F7F2ACEDA2BA0064C77F85256CE5.0064C78F85256CE5@webforums... > Can somebody tell me if PB9.0 has been released. If so, is it stable enough > or is it too buggy right now ?? > > And if not for PB9.x, is PB 8.x...

How convert PB 8 app to PB 9?
I have the PBLs for a PB 8 application. But I only have PB 9 on my system. How can I convert it? Backup the pbls. Create a target, add the remaining pbls. PB should handle everything. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4a439fa1$4@forums-3-dub.sybase.com... >I have the PBLs for a PB 8 application. But I only have PB 9 on my system. >How can I co...

PB 8 and PB 9 runtime files
I have the PB 8 and PB 9 runtime files in the same directory. Now when starting the PB 9 application get the following message: "target.exe - ordinal not found, the ordinal 33 could not be located in the dynamic link library libjsybheap.dll=94 How can this be corrected? Thanks AFAIK - Use the DLL from v9. You might also want to consider upgrading to a later v8 release as I believe that the later versions contain the same DLL as v9. Alternatively, you might want to create an apppath for your each version of your app and store the distribution DLLs by version - th...

PB 8 to PB 9 migration question
I am getting an error when I close down an application that I just migrated from PB 8 to PB 9. Details from the Microsoft error report state that the module is pbdwe90.dll, the version is 9.0.0.5507 and the offset is 00002ca2. This app worked fine in PB 8. Multiple instances of user objects are being destroyed in the close process of the application. Based on some information that I read on the Sybase site, I thought that there might be a chance that upgrading to 9.0.2 might solve the problem since it looked like others had experienced similar problems with 9.0 when memory was b...

Can PB 8 and PB 9 both be installed on the same box?
Are there any shared system DLL's or path/environment variables that would keep someone from installing PB 8 and 9 on the same PC? - g no. <g> wrote in message news:4059c560.31da.846930886@sybase.com... > > Are there any shared system DLL's or path/environment > variables that would keep someone from installing PB 8 and 9 > on the same PC? > > - g htat is, no, there aren't any shared files. Yes, you can install both on same pc. "DT" <david.taylor@integritycompanies.com> wrote in message news:4059c71d$1@forums-1...

PB 9 or PB 9.01
We have an old PB 6.5 app that we want to (finally) migrate to PB 9. Should we go to PB 9.00 or PB 9.01 (which seems to generate a fair number of GPFs from some of the posts we've seen).' Which of the 2 versions of PB 9 are more stable in your opinion? We don't need the new features that much, for us stability is the #1 issue. Frankly speaking, we'd keep it on 6.5 if we could, but that old IDE is so unusable by today's standards that we finally decided to make the jump to version 9. thanks in advance, John Hey John, Stability really depends on your...

Convert PB 9.0.1 to PB 8.0.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C59D88.FB1C5BE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I would like to know how to convert one aplication of PB 9.0.1 to PB = 8.0.1 Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C59D88.FB1C5BE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=...

Setting Date Format in Excel
Tested in PB 9.02, B 7509. Following works fine: myoleobject.application.workbooks(1).ActiveSheet.Columns("D:L").NumberFormat = "dd-mmm-yy" Pull up the spreadsheet in Excel and the dates appear in the correct format, as: 25-Feb-05 However, the final app is in PB 8.03, B 9977. Using the same script, the dates appear in Excel as 2/25/2005. The weird thing is , even in Excel, it is not possible to change the format! (Look at the 'format cells' dialog in Excel and it shows the format as 'Date' , '14-Mar-98' , but the date is not in t...

Web resources about - Turn back from PB 9 to PB 8 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Turn (biochemistry) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
atom chirality is maintained.) Thus, the γ-turn has two forms, a classical form with (φ, ψ) dihedral angles of roughly (75°, -65°) and an inverse ...

Now It’s Twitter’s Turn To Borrow From Facebook
If Facebook can adopt Twitter features, such as Trending and hashtags , it’s only fair for Twitter to be able to test a redesign of its profile ...

Politicians turn our defence forces into 'attack forces'
Thank you, Nicholas Stuart, for explaining the unpalatable realities of Australia's intervention in Afghanistan.

China seeks to turn film stars into models of morality
With China developing a hearty appetite for marijuana, methamphetamine and other illicit substances, Chinese authorities are training their crosshairs ...

Norad Tracks Santa: Christmas tradition for children turns 60
Norad Tracks Santa marks its 60th anniversary this year, as the North American Aerospace Defence Command deploys some of its ultra-sensitive ...

Australian government tells citizens to turn off two-factor authentication
The Australian government has repeatedly called for citizens to turn off two-factor authentication (2FA) at its main digital government portal, ...

Akamai: Sentiment Will Turn Up When Traffic Rises, Says Pac Crest
... table for shares of Akamai Technologies ( AKAM ) with "sentiment for shares of Akamai lower than in recent memory," arguing things will turn ...

How to Turn a FanBoy into a Hater in 5 Minutes: Lessons from the New WaPo
... and get all I want for free wasn’t worth it. But. I didn’t want to cheat. So I went online to search for other subscription options. It turns ...

HuffPo: Turn Off Your Christmas Lights
According to The Huffington Post, Christians should be in the dark during Christmas – literally. Huffpo implies that Christians should turn off ...

EBay turns to the Dark Side
EBay is poised to profit this quarter on the strength of sales of "Star Wars" collectibles and hoverboards, an analyst said.