The future of powerbuilder #3

Hi, all
I do like powerbuilder, especially the DataWindow, but it seems powerbuilder
developer is not popular recent days. I'd like to know what is the future of
PowerBuilder?

Taoge
5/23/2006 3:01:48 AM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.general
📃 62418 articles.
⭐ 19 followers.

💬 6 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 788 Views

"Taoge" <luxiaotao@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I do like powerbuilder, especially the DataWindow, but it seems
> powerbuilder developer is not popular recent days. I'd like to know what
> is the future of PowerBuilder?
http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/powerbuilder_s_future/powerbuilder_s_future.html
Dmitri.

0
Dmitri
5/23/2006 6:17:43 AM
Dmitri, do You like the PB future?

"Dmitri" <NOdimSPAM@mail15.com> skrev i meddelandet
> "Taoge" <luxiaotao@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I do like powerbuilder, especially the DataWindow, but it seems
>> powerbuilder developer is not popular recent days. I'd like to know what
>> is the future of PowerBuilder?
>
> http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/powerbuilder_s_future/powerbuilder_s_future.html
>
> Dmitri.

0
Nutshell
5/23/2006 6:51:27 AM
I am a PB developer since 1996. Around 1999 we were thinking (and
discussing) about the future of PB. We were afraid.
My opinion is that you should be afraid of your company plans (like I am
afraid of our company plans).
85% of our products are developed using PB 7. We also sell products
developed using PB5!
So, it's not Sybase that "may" not provide us with tools and enhancements.
It's us that we don't take advantage of them.

"Dmitri" <NOdimSPAM@mail15.com> wrote in message
> "Taoge" <luxiaotao@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I do like powerbuilder, especially the DataWindow, but it seems
>> powerbuilder developer is not popular recent days. I'd like to know what
>> is the future of PowerBuilder?
>
> http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/powerbuilder_s_future/powerbuilder_s_future.html
>
> Dmitri.

0
Papadomichelakis
5/23/2006 8:52:06 AM
Like any mature product it you often hear that there is no future of it. Yes
it seems like that past several years have been slower for new clients for
me (I'm a consultant) but there are still new customers out there to be
found. As someone else said it is a company decision and often times I have
seen the wrong people making technology decisions. The best thing is to show
a company, thru example, how productive the product is and the new features
that are being added by Sybase. They watch technology and try and make
PowerBuilder use new technologies  that make sense.
Just my opinion of course but I still enjoy the product.
--
Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Branick Consulting, Inc.

"Taoge" <luxiaotao@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, all
>
> I do like powerbuilder, especially the DataWindow, but it seems
> powerbuilder developer is not popular recent days. I'd like to know what
> is the future of PowerBuilder?
>
> Thanks

0
Larry
5/24/2006 2:25:37 AM
 The trouble is that we need more people demonstrating PB to the Technology
Decision makers and providing PB education. Neither of which can rarely  be
found these days!

"Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]" <LCermak@branick-inc.com> wrote in message
> Like any mature product it you often hear that there is no future of it.
Yes
> it seems like that past several years have been slower for new clients for
> me (I'm a consultant) but there are still new customers out there to be
> found. As someone else said it is a company decision and often times I
have
> seen the wrong people making technology decisions. The best thing is to
show
> a company, thru example, how productive the product is and the new
features
> that are being added by Sybase. They watch technology and try and make
> PowerBuilder use new technologies  that make sense.
>
> Just my opinion of course but I still enjoy the product.
>
> --
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> Branick Consulting, Inc.
> www.branick-inc.com
> EAServer & PowerBuilder Consulting & Training
> EAServer and PowerBuilder Computer Based Training Courses
>

> "Taoge" <luxiaotao@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, all
> >
> > I do like powerbuilder, especially the DataWindow, but it seems
> > powerbuilder developer is not popular recent days. I'd like to know what
> > is the future of PowerBuilder?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Chris
5/24/2006 11:45:48 AM
We've been fighting that battle for years. It's always the same.  I';m sure
you've seen my rants about the wrong people making technology decisions. I
won't repeat it but I think you get the point.
--

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.dot.com> wrote in message

> The trouble is that we need more people demonstrating PB to the Technology
> Decision makers and providing PB education. Neither of which can rarely
> be
> found these days!
>

> "Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]" <LCermak@branick-inc.com> wrote in message
>> Like any mature product it you often hear that there is no future of it.
> Yes
>> it seems like that past several years have been slower for new clients
>> for
>> me (I'm a consultant) but there are still new customers out there to be
>> found. As someone else said it is a company decision and often times I
> have
>> seen the wrong people making technology decisions. The best thing is to
> show
>> a company, thru example, how productive the product is and the new
> features
>> that are being added by Sybase. They watch technology and try and make
>> PowerBuilder use new technologies  that make sense.
>>
>> Just my opinion of course but I still enjoy the product.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
>> Branick Consulting, Inc.
>> www.branick-inc.com
>> EAServer & PowerBuilder Consulting & Training
>> EAServer and PowerBuilder Computer Based Training Courses
>>

>> "Taoge" <luxiaotao@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi, all
>> >
>> > I do like powerbuilder, especially the DataWindow, but it seems
>> > powerbuilder developer is not popular recent days. I'd like to know
>> > what
>> > is the future of PowerBuilder?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0