tab user obj vs. tab control

I have built tab page objects, inserted them onto a tab object which I
then placed onto a
sheet.  I have been having problems with GPF fires all over the place
(chokes mostly with multiple dw's on the tab page).  I am about ready to
give up trying to figure out the problem and just use tab controls on
the sheet itself.

I seem to remember reading that it is more efficient to create user
objects versus putting the controls directly onto the sheet.  If this is
the true, why? And is it worth it to continue beating my head against
the wall trying to solve the gpf?

Todd

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997 17:12:51 -0700, Todd Adams
<tadams@ccmail.nevada.edu> wrote:

>I have built tab page objects, inserted them onto a tab object which I
>then placed onto a
>sheet.  I have been having problems with GPF fires all over the place
>(chokes mostly with multiple dw's on the tab page).  I am about ready to
>give up trying to figure out the problem and just use tab controls on
>the sheet itself.
>
>I seem to remember reading that it is more efficient to create user
>objects versus putting the controls directly onto the sheet.  If this is
>the true, why? And is it worth it to continue beating my head against
>the wall trying to solve the gpf?

We have had problems with inherited tabs in 5.0.00 and 5.0.01.  Ver
5.0.02 is a lot more stable.  Which version are you using?

I have multiple datawindows on a user object that I insert into an
inherited tab control.  I also use native tab controls with inserted
tabpages. I have not seen any GPFs yet.

--
Boris Gasin [TeamPS]	| mailto:bgasin@advent2000.com
Advent 2000, Inc.	| http://www.advent2000.com/

Tab Control
I have searched the forum and I cant seem to find the answer to my question, although I have tried some of the hints I have found with no luck....Can someone show me a working sample (with source code) of a page with a TabContainer and several tabs, with each tab having a user control, but the controls are not added/initialized/shown until the appropriate tab is shown/clicked?Something like this forum's "Write a New Post" page, where the tabs load after I click on them, and an animated picture displays to show that its loading.The solution needs to add user controls to the page...

User control on open in same tab vs. open in new tab
Opening in a new window a link that normally opens in the same window is easy but I see no way of doing those : - open in same window a link that normally opens in a new window, - open in another tab a Javascript link that normally opens in the same window. Is there an extension or a setting that makes that possible ? Thanks ! -- Andr� Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/> On 11/29/2008 2:23 PM, Andre Majorel wrote: > Opening in a new window a link that normally opens in the same > window is easy but I see no way of doing those : > - open in same wi...

TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS.
Name: Danny Email: danheidiatrogersdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS. Comments: Hi Why is it that EVERYTIME I get a new upgrade whether on Firefox or Thunderbird, I get TABS? I now have an upgrade on Thunderbird and guess what, I have an 'Inbox' TAB that i don't know how to get rid of. Any ideas? Another issue is. Why doesn't Firefox display something telling me it is working/looking for the site I want. I click on a site and stare at Firefox and don't know if it is doing anything. The previous versions were mu...

Tab Controls/tab pages/controls within tab pages
I give up! I have a tab control user object - inherited from u_tab - and some tab pages. Initially only one page is enabled which has a datawindow. When a valid data is entered in the DW, I need to enable rest of the tabs - Now - it is giving me a NULL object reference error during execution for the following statement in an event of the DW - tabcontrol.tabpage.enabled=TRUE getparent( ) also giving errors - HELP! How can I do this? Thanks! Ragni rpanjala@nsf.gov Ragni -- If you have CreateOnDemand set for the tab, then the tab pages are not valid until the user accesses them. ...

Tab control tabs
Hi, Is there a way to show the tabs of a tab control on the left (instead of the default “top”)?  (Something like the “Customer & Partner Solutions” on http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx )  Thanks, Z   http://deluxe-tabs.com/file/templates/tabs-vertical-template.htmlGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ That’s nice… But I meant is it possible to do it with the AJAX tab control?  ...

tab order on containing page and then tab through user control
I have a user control with several text boxes and check boxes on it, it is for data entry. I have set the tab order on the page that contains the user control, however when I tab to the user control it just skips right over it. How can I set the tab order so I can tab into the user control just like the rest of the container page?  Just apply tabindexes to your controls inside your user control i guessDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. tompy_nation:Just apply tabindexes to your controls inside your user control i guess...

Tabs!! TABS!
Name: Kathy Email: kmhuntingtonatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Tabs!! TABS! Comments: I know I can find the "always show tabs" in the tools drop-down, but argh! It took me a few moments to find it. You probably had that noted somewhere and I didn't bother to read it, so I have no one to blame but myself, but still! Argh! Tabs are hidden! Do you know how many times my mother is going to call me asking for help? TOO MANY! Anyway, thank you. I love FF. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090615 Fi...

Tab after tab not..
Name: steve Email: xilleratproquakedotde Product: Firefox Summary: Tab after tab not.. Comments: Hello, could you add the funktion, that the new TAB come after the TAB what in use is. [sorry my engl.] i mean: i have 10 TABs open. and i klick in the middl nr. 5. Now i open a LINK in this TAB. At the moment the new TAB gos to TAB11 and not 6. Understand? :) thx Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Tabs, No Tabs
Name: Chris Email: cflore18atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Tabs, No Tabs Comments: When a tab is born, it should be optional that a simple alert noise is made. Because a tab is a window within a window, and the little tabs at the top sometimes go unseen; And I'm looking for the page I just came from, and I'm trying to hit the back button... Thanks for listening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no exp...

multiple tabs with a single user control in each tab but nothing happen after pressing
I want to create multiple tabs with a single user control in each tab. Each user control contains many textbox, radiobutton, etc and requires users to fill in. User will click the submit button in the last tab then the data will be stored in DB. At first some part of it works but now the button does not do anything. Nothing happens when I press the button. What have I done wrong? I try deleting the history of the browser but nothing changes. What can I do? Is it because of AJAX? Hi,Thank you for your post!I suggest you use Multiple View control instead of tabs.Tabs control only render...

Deleting pages of tab control inside tab control
It's about Power Builder 5.0. I have one tab control and inside this other tab control with few pages. How can i delete these pages and how to get a popup menu for these tabpages ( right click shows only menu of older tab control ). I know how to perform it from older tab control and tab page but i am unable to do it when i am positioned on child tab pages. Answer me here or at marina@servomihalj.co.yu ...

Tab Control: How to show new page in same tab when hyperlink clicked on the same tab
I have a hyperlink in my TabPanel's user control (.ascx).  When clicked it tries to go to an entirely new page outside the tab control (which of course causes an error because a browser cannot load just an .ascx alone) instead of just refreshing and showing the new page in the same tab.  So when I click the hyperlink I get this error:This type of page is not served.BODY { FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 0.7em; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } P { MARGIN-TOP: -5px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } B { MARGIN-TOP: -5p...

Hiding Tabs in Tab control has unwanted effect if hiding first tab
Hi - I have a site admin tool I built using the AJAX Tab control. I am hiding some of the tabs depending on the role a user is in. I tried many metods: TabContainer1.Tabs.Remove(Tab1) Tab1.Enabled = False And the combination Tab1.Visable = False Tab1.HeaderText = "" and they all have the same result. It works fine if the tab you are hiding is not the first tab (left most) - if it is - the whole tabcontainer and all the tabs do not display. I can move the tabs I want to hid to the right but on one of the projects I am working on there are onoly two tabs and only one is visa...

Ajax Tab Control inserting content from the preceding tab into the tab of focus
Hello, I am using a tab control with several tabs. In one of the tabs, I was attempting to cause a label and a dropdownlist control to become visible or invisible based upon the users selection on another dropdownlist control within the same tab. When I test the control that should make the label and the ddl visible or invisible it does succeed in displaying or hiding these two controls but the contents from the preceding tab container viewed is injected into each page of the tab control. If I navigate to the tab containing the contents being injected then to any of the other tabs previous...

Web resources about - tab user obj vs. tab control - sybase.powerbuilder.general

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Democrats New Plan For Gun Control – A Secret Government Terrorist Watch List
They call it the "Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2015"

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii U will likely support Wiimote and Nunchuk controls
Well this is interesting. Fans have been speculating as to the control schemes that will be supported in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ...

Mind-Control Bacteria Stop You From Eating Too Much
Gut microbes release proteins that stop the brain from thinking you're still hungry.

Control Your HTPC With Scavenged IR Parts
If you’ve built yourself a home theater PC, one of your highest priorities is probably coming up with a convenient control solution. The easiest ...

ICYMI: Even the AP couldn’t validate any of Hillary’s gun control nonsense
... – not 200 as she claimed . Asked to explain the discrepancy, Clinton’s campaign pointed to 2013 statistics from the Centers for Disease Control ...

Over-The-Counter Birth Control Empowers Women And Pharmacists In Oregon And California
Over-the-counter birth control is coming to Oregon and California. There’s an enactment of new laws on the horizon that will allow pharmacists ...

In this Dark Fairy Tale, a Sheltered Young Girl Seizes Control of Her Future
“In a family headed by a tyrannical father, the younger daughter will regain her freedom on her birthday.” It’s a simple synopsis, but Blood ...