Tab Controls - Selected Tab

Hello - I'm using PB 6.5.  I can't get the selectedtab property to work in any
event. I want a different tabselected to show based on what menu item is
selected.  I have put tab1.selectedtab=X in several events and none of them will
cause ANY tab to be selected and have focus.  Not until one of the tabs is
clicked, does this work.
There seems to be something going on in the opensheet command.  Anyone have any
ideas?
THANKS
Jim

Have you tried SelectTab()?

Let us know,

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:12:06 -0500,
Jim Hawkins <topfuels@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Hello - I'm using PB 6.5.  I can't get the selectedtab property to work in any
>event. I want a different tabselected to show based on what menu item is
>selected.  I have put tab1.selectedtab=X in several events and none of them
will
>cause ANY tab to be selected and have focus.  Not until one of the tabs is
>clicked, does this work.
>There seems to be something going on in the opensheet command.  Anyone have any
>ideas?
>THANKS
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
11/28/2001 3:26:47 PM
Selectedtab only returns the index number for the tab that is currently
selected, if you want to SET a specific tab to be selected, you have to use
selecttab(x), where x can be either the Index of the tabpage, the name of the
tabpage object or a string containing the name of it.

Regards

Andrea
Andrea
11/28/2001 3:29:46 PM
Andrea and Terry - Thanks!  I had a bizarre work-a-round and I knew there had to
be a easier way.  I couldn't figure why the index and tabselected weren't in
sync.
Jim

Jim

TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS.
Name: Danny Email: danheidiatrogersdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS. Comments: Hi Why is it that EVERYTIME I get a new upgrade whether on Firefox or Thunderbird, I get TABS? I now have an upgrade on Thunderbird and guess what, I have an 'Inbox' TAB that i don't know how to get rid of. Any ideas? Another issue is. Why doesn't Firefox display something telling me it is working/looking for the site I want. I click on a site and stare at Firefox and don't know if it is doing anything. The previous versions were mu...

Tab Controls/tab pages/controls within tab pages
I give up! I have a tab control user object - inherited from u_tab - and some tab pages. Initially only one page is enabled which has a datawindow. When a valid data is entered in the DW, I need to enable rest of the tabs - Now - it is giving me a NULL object reference error during execution for the following statement in an event of the DW - tabcontrol.tabpage.enabled=TRUE getparent( ) also giving errors - HELP! How can I do this? Thanks! Ragni rpanjala@nsf.gov Ragni -- If you have CreateOnDemand set for the tab, then the tab pages are not valid until the user accesses them. ...

Tab control tabs
Hi, Is there a way to show the tabs of a tab control on the left (instead of the default “top”)?  (Something like the “Customer & Partner Solutions” on http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx )  Thanks, Z   http://deluxe-tabs.com/file/templates/tabs-vertical-template.htmlGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ That’s nice… But I meant is it possible to do it with the AJAX tab control?  ...

Tabs, No Tabs
Name: Chris Email: cflore18atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Tabs, No Tabs Comments: When a tab is born, it should be optional that a simple alert noise is made. Because a tab is a window within a window, and the little tabs at the top sometimes go unseen; And I'm looking for the page I just came from, and I'm trying to hit the back button... Thanks for listening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no exp...

Tabs!! TABS!
Name: Kathy Email: kmhuntingtonatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Tabs!! TABS! Comments: I know I can find the "always show tabs" in the tools drop-down, but argh! It took me a few moments to find it. You probably had that noted somewhere and I didn't bother to read it, so I have no one to blame but myself, but still! Argh! Tabs are hidden! Do you know how many times my mother is going to call me asking for help? TOO MANY! Anyway, thank you. I love FF. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090615 Fi...

Tab after tab not..
Name: steve Email: xilleratproquakedotde Product: Firefox Summary: Tab after tab not.. Comments: Hello, could you add the funktion, that the new TAB come after the TAB what in use is. [sorry my engl.] i mean: i have 10 TABs open. and i klick in the middl nr. 5. Now i open a LINK in this TAB. At the moment the new TAB gos to TAB11 and not 6. Understand? :) thx Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Deleting pages of tab control inside tab control
It's about Power Builder 5.0. I have one tab control and inside this other tab control with few pages. How can i delete these pages and how to get a popup menu for these tabpages ( right click shows only menu of older tab control ). I know how to perform it from older tab control and tab page but i am unable to do it when i am positioned on child tab pages. Answer me here or at marina@servomihalj.co.yu ...

Ajax Tab Control inserting content from the preceding tab into the tab of focus
Hello, I am using a tab control with several tabs. In one of the tabs, I was attempting to cause a label and a dropdownlist control to become visible or invisible based upon the users selection on another dropdownlist control within the same tab. When I test the control that should make the label and the ddl visible or invisible it does succeed in displaying or hiding these two controls but the contents from the preceding tab container viewed is injected into each page of the tab control. If I navigate to the tab containing the contents being injected then to any of the other tabs previous...

Tab Control: How to show new page in same tab when hyperlink clicked on the same tab
I have a hyperlink in my TabPanel's user control (.ascx).  When clicked it tries to go to an entirely new page outside the tab control (which of course causes an error because a browser cannot load just an .ascx alone) instead of just refreshing and showing the new page in the same tab.  So when I click the hyperlink I get this error:This type of page is not served.BODY { FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 0.7em; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } P { MARGIN-TOP: -5px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } B { MARGIN-TOP: -5p...

Hiding Tabs in Tab control has unwanted effect if hiding first tab
Hi - I have a site admin tool I built using the AJAX Tab control. I am hiding some of the tabs depending on the role a user is in. I tried many metods: TabContainer1.Tabs.Remove(Tab1) Tab1.Enabled = False And the combination Tab1.Visable = False Tab1.HeaderText = "" and they all have the same result. It works fine if the tab you are hiding is not the first tab (left most) - if it is - the whole tabcontainer and all the tabs do not display. I can move the tabs I want to hid to the right but on one of the projects I am working on there are onoly two tabs and only one is visa...

tab order on tab control
In PB 6.5 I have a tab control with three tab pages. On each page I have several objects -- buttons, datawindows and the like. How do I set the 'tab order' for the objects on any one page? When I choose Tab Order from the Design menu, the only object that seems to have a tab order (a number in red displays) is the entire tab control itself, rather than the objects on it. Yet clearly when the app is running you can tab around among the various objects. Thanks. right-click inside the tabpage and select Tab Order HTH, stephen "Rick Charnes" <rick.cha...

Tab control Tab problem
I have created a tab control with four tabpages each with a dw and dwo. I have a dddw for one of the columns which has a keydown event that when the tab key is pressed the focus is coded to setcolumn/setfocus to the next column on the dwo. The focus ends up on the tabpage where the dwo is located instead of the column programmed for. Any clues? TIA Frank ...

Tab Controls and Tab Order
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1A9A3.1155BEC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm using a Tab Control on a window and on this Tab Control I have some = SingleLineEdits and some other controls. Is there some way to set the = Tab Order of these controls within the Tab Control? I can't figure it = out. Thanks in advance. Shenn Sellers waste.ssellers@co.riverside.ca.us Riverside County Waste Management ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1A9A3.1155BEC0 Conten...

Tab control withouth the tabs.
I have a tab control with about 7 tabs on it and it works great. I have all of the behavior working exactly as it should. My problem - marketing said they would like a wizard that would walk you through the information in a specific order instead of letting the people do it in any order they want. But they still want the tab control available to them. The tab control does everything the wizard would do except it allows them to pick the tab to go to. Any way to turn of the tabs in the tab control and force them to use buttons ( which I've programmed ) to move around? Jeffrey B...

tab key in the tab control
I have put some SingleLineEdit in the Tab Control, but when I press the Tab key , it didn't skip to the next SLE. Please kindly tell me how to solve it. Why didn't Powersoft make it more easier to map the Tab key to Enter key, such as a statement (MAP ENTERKEY:=TABKEY ?) . I think almost all worldwide users will confuse to change their habit (almost 15 years) to press the tab key instead of Enter key, cause all package application and development tools today can use both the Enter key and Tab key (you can check the Microsoft Visual Studio Products, it's simple, no need t...

Web resources about - Tab Controls - Selected Tab - sybase.powerbuilder.general

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

Alaska Marijuana Control Board makes major residency requirement changes at last minute - Alaska Dispatch ...
Assistant Attorney General Harriet Milks called the shift in Alaska marijuana business residency requirements a “sea change” that could “upend ...

Most smartphone owners fear hackers, thieves and government control
... revelations seem to be unending. One of his more recent disclosures was that UK intelligence agencies had the ability hack and remotely control ...

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks On Syrian Refugees; France Demands Tighter Controls, EU ...
... does not call for ending the refugee program or require religious screenings, as some Republicans have demanded . France Demands Tighter Controls, ...

Lawyer: Jamar Clark had control of police officer's gun
Lawyer for a Minneapolis police officer involved in fatal shooting of Jamar Clark said Clark had control of a cop's gun during a scuffle in which ...

We Face Terrorist Threats – Don’t Even Think About Enacting Gun Control Laws
Because, "terrorists have once again proven that only good people obey bad laws, and they do so to their own detriment."

This App Lets You Control Your Smartphone By Drawing
Mouse gestures never made sense on PCs, but they're awesome on Android. Long before we started swiping and tapping on touch screens, mouse gestures ...